Why do I feel this way?

Lie For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana hated how happy Jihyo looked. Wherever the younger girl went, Sana’s eyes followed. She has quickly become obsessed with the girl. It’s been years since they broke up but the pain feels the same. The older girl could forgive but she can’t forget. She can’t forget how she was treated by the girl. Almost as if she was some kind of toy.

 

She hated it. The younger girl would only uselessly apologize. Time and time again she would forgive her but Jihyo would always end up repeating her mistakes.

 

It took months before Sana grew tired of the treatment. While Jihyo was out she packed up her stuff and left. The younger girl came back to an apartment that was emptier than it used to be. 

 

The only thing she could do was cry. Jihyo realized her mistakes far too late. Sana moved back in with her parents and made sure to block her ex out of her life. No matter how hard she tried, Jihyo couldn’t even get Sana to talk to her.

 

Now years have passed and yet Sana still feels anger building up. Things progressed when she watched a woman approach Jihyo. Within seconds it became clear the two were a couple. Sana can’t stand it. How could she just pretend that everything was fine?

 

Jihyo and Sana were not strangers but they felt like they were. The younger girl didn’t even dare to make eye contact with her ex. Who knows what would happen if she did.

 

“Sana, are you okay?” Mina’s voice sweetly dragged her out of her mind. The younger girl was her support through all of the chaos. Mina was the person she looked for to support when she had broken up with Jihyo. It felt as if it was yesterday.

 

“I don’t know” sana sighed, her eyes still glued to the girls in front of her. Was she being that obvious?

 

“Stop watching her like a hawk” Mina softly grabbed the girl’s face, making eye contact with her. She could practically see the anger in her friend’s eyes. She had to get Sana out of the room, and it had to be quick. Or else the latter would do something she would regret.

 

“I’m not” an obvious lie.

 

“You are” rolling her eyes, Mina took Sana by the hand and led her outside.

 

Jihyo felt Sana’s eyes follow her every move. It took a lot of self-control not to approach the girl and apologize. She never got the chance to genuinely apologize. Jihyo spent many nights wide awake. Thinking about the things that could’ve been done differently. Maybe if she had gotten home earlier that day. Things could be different. Maybe if she learned her mistakes quicker they’d be together right now. However, that’s not the way things are.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter