Harem

Against The Grain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For some reason, this morning Joohyun rose from slumber earlier than usual. This meant that while she was already having her breakfast, Captain Kang was still in the middle of her morning workout routine in the courtyard of the Queen’s residence. This made Joohyun realize that she had never had the chance to see what Seulgi’s workout routine was like. Out of curiosity, she gently pushed the door open to take a peek.

Joohyun was instantly mesmerized. Seulgi moved with so much grace that it would put trained dancers and performers to shame. She was also so agile and swift that Joohyun could barely figure out what kind of move she was executing — and by the time the Queen caught on, Seulgi had already moved on to the next set of exercise.

As Seulgi practiced with her sword, Joohyun wondered how heavy the sword was. She had never been allowed to actually hold one in her hand. She had only ever known that Jooyoung and Jongin kept complaining about how heavy these blades were. Yet Seulgi wielded the sword with ease and familiarity, making it seem like it weighed nothing. It was so effortless and natural to her, as if her body was designed to engage in martial arts. She was absolutely stunning and Joohyun was unable to tear her gaze away — until a certain sensation in her body demanded her attention.

She started to feel a tingling sensation between her legs, specifically in her private parts. She had no idea how to process this feeling. She was not even sure if she had ever felt this way toward anyone else before. It made her feel slightly uneasy because she was unfamiliar with the way it felt, and yet it also excited her like never before.

As if her body had taken over her mind, she shifted in her seat. She could no longer prevent herself from acknowledging that that part of her body desired friction. Some rubbing would be nice. She started to grind against the cushion that she was seated on, albeit flushing madly the whole time. She was so confused, unable to make sense of this feeling, this foreign sensation on a physical level and the effect that it had on her on a psychological level. Her body was telling her that it wanted stimulation and release, but she did not know what to do about it. After all, she only knew that she was supposed to sit elegantly and look pretty at all times.

The last time she felt something similar was when she was reading ‘Numerous Shades Between Black And White’ that she confiscated from the boys. She suspected that she was after some intimate physical contact. Having a husband might be convenient for this purpose, but the idea of doing it with a man was just so unappealing to her. Now that that thought had crossed her mind, the arousal was lost. Men ruin everything, she thought to herself, and groaned in frustration.

“Your Majesty?”

Joohyun jumped and snapped to attention. She hoped against hope that it was not Seulgi who caught her in a compromising situation once again. Luckily, this time it was just Moonbyul. Only then was Joohyun able to recall that she gave Seulgi permission to take some time off this morning to spend some time with Moonbyul.

“Moonbyul. You’re here,” Joohyun stated awkwardly, momentarily unable to compel her brain to formulate something more meaningful to say.

“Majesty, are you blushing?” Moonbyul asked, stepping closer to the Queen. As she examined Joohyun’s cheeks more closely, she started to laugh. “Oh my goodness. You never blush! What happened?”

“Nothing,” Joohyun insisted, glaring at her friend warily.

“The Queen lies,” Moonbyul declared with a chuckle.

“You shouldn’t be talking to your Queen like this,” Joohyun uttered. “You’re here for Seulgi anyway, right?”

“Yes, I think we’re gonna go fishing today. Why don’t you join us too, Majesty?”

“I have to meet with my advisors now, unfortunately.” She sighed. “These meetings hardly ever go well, but I have to do it anyway. I am Queen after all, and it’s my job to rule the country. So I’ll do my job, and I’ll do it well too.”

Indeed, just as Joohyun expected, the meeting was painful to endure. Her advisors once again brought up their concerns about securing a consort for the Queen. They did not get to discuss it last time as the topic was shifted to donations and raising taxes on the rich, so today they were carrying it on.

“Why are you all so insistent that I get married?” Joohyun questioned, frowning and glowering at them. It was their fault that her patience was at its end. “Does it really bother you that much?”

“Every country needs an heir, Majesty,” Lord Kwon stated gravely. “This is a matter that must be taken seriously.”

“An heir?” Joohyun raised her eyebrows. “So you believe that just because I don’t have any legitimate children, nor am I planning to ever have any, it must mean that I won’t have a successor?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter