Chapter 4 The Deal (2)

The beast prince

While trembling lightly, Jimin looked up in the room searching for the predator. One of his hand close to the hidden knife which he seized in the kitchen while nobody was watching. Jimin was well decided not to die now, or at least not without putting a fight. Thanks to the morning sunlight Jimin could now catch sight of how the room was but there was no beast in view. He sighed, relaxing his tensed muscle which was ready to kill anytime. He soon noticed the passageway of a sanctuary and went there slowly to see what’s there with his guards still up. 

It was a huge garden, filled with beautiful flowers and a lake. Unconsciously Jimin felt captivated by the garden and began to walk towards the lake. He didn’t notice the beast in the long ornamental grass very near. Sitting down near the lake, he breathed out. Confident that the beast was not there, he started thinking of what to do next. He didn’t want to kill the animal but he would if he had to. He needed to save his family. Everyone was counting on him. He looked at his own reflection in the lake when suddenly he noticed another reflection behind him.

He jumped from where he was and fell into the river.  There it was, the beast staring at him. The knife was long forgotten, Jimin just stared back. He unconsciously was raising his hand and attempted to reach its face but the beast growled and broke the eye contact and went back in the room without attacking Jimin. 


‘Why?’ Jimin thought. ‘was it all a lie about it being a ferocious beast?’ well not murdering him was didn’t mean it wouldn’t kill him later. The rest of the day Jimin spent in the garden. Looking for a way out to escape but failing when he noticed that the wall was way too tall to climb. The beast was just contemplating him falling miserably each time he tried to climb it. When Jimin felt too tired to continue, he just lied down catching his breath. He was both drenched in sweat and water. While trembling lightly he noticed the sun was setting already. Not realizing if everything became dark because he had close his eyes or because the sun has set, he fell asleep.


The next day started the same way as the previous one, but just that he didn’t know how he made it back into the room. He surely had woken up half asleep and because it was too cold he came back inside… he concluded after some time. When he moved, to sit up from the ground he was lying, he felt an acute pain in his wounded arm and realized that he overdid it yesterday and his wound had open up again.

He breathed out heavily when he acknowledged the maid hard work in attending him went to waste because of his negligence. While putting the bandage back, he stood up and lifted his eyes up to see that the beast had already woken up too and was staring at him from the bed.

‘ Can you understand me?’ Jimin tried talking to the beast but got nothing in response. So he tried again ‘Are you really the crown prince… Jung kook.’ After saying this the beast just turned his head in another direction and closed his eyes back. And the guards came back to get Jimin and to give the beast it’s food. Jimin had no idea of what to tell about the progression of the beast to human. But he was a professional at improving in the last minutes so when he was in front of the king, words flowed naturally from his mouth.


‘ My king, the Prince is showing great progress in becoming a human. He is being less aggressive and is softening. His heart needs to be softened in order for the magic to work.’


‘Softened? Are you kidding me? What do you mean by that I hope you are not going to make him into a weak piece of human??’ the king said while grabbing Jimin's hair.

‘My king as long as he becomes back a human, afterwards his heart can change back but-' the sound of a slap was heard in the room and Jimin held his now red cheeks. ‘You are just as annoying as your foolish father.’ The king said while returning back to his throne, satisfied with the slap he gave Jimin. Jimin clenched his teeth at the mention of his father.


Soon he was thrown into the room again but this time without food. He didn’t even care to tell the guards when they were bringing him back to the room. His head was just filled with hatred and anger that he hadn’t felt for a while.  Needing to release that anger he clenched his fist tighter and punched the wall. Knowing that he just aggravated his situation he just slid to the wall and brought his knee up to face.