Chapter 3 - The Deal (1)

The beast prince

Two soldiers entered the room interrupting Jimin's thoughts. His eyes which were observing the beast, now saw it waking up. Jimin shivered and looked at the guards. They were both wearing their armour and had appliances only to protect themselves but not to hurt the beast. He sighed and looked at the guards in the eyes. They were both shocked, not believing their eyes. For a fraction of second Jimin got confused, were they not the same guards who pushed him inside? So they should not be that shocked me? Jimin thought until one of the men grabbed him and pushed him outside with him while the other quickly put the beast food somewhere and rushed out. Seemed like the beast was too sleepy to care, it only went back to sleep.

‘You are a really lucky one you. Nobody survived more than 10 minutes with the Prince, and you survived a whole night with merely a scratch on the arm?’

‘It seems like he really does have some extraordinary powers, the highness would be please with the news, his precious son can be cured.’

No matter how much Jimin thought of it, there was probably only one reason to why the beast let him live. I liked to play with the prey. An unconscious body would not have given him the pleasure of murdering. Soon enough he was kneeling in front of the shocked king. 


‘so you are still alive... What a surprised, I had let you go in while knowing certainly that you would have been dead. My dear beloved son has such a bad temper. But after seeing you very much alive.... Okay fine, I will give you 2 more days. Each day you would need to tell me the progress else i would start thinking you are just buying time, Mister Park. Don’t forget No Mistake is allowed. ’ The king announced.
Soon the guards took him up again and left the room.

“ Hey wait, let me g-“ Jimin said but the Guards continued to drag him.

“I need to eat, I need the energy to work, I can’t go there without food!” Jimin exclaimed.

It was then that the two guards stopped and looked at each other. After nodding they changed their direction. Jimin quickly caught the main directions. The palace was big so people could easily get lost if they are not used. Looking at every corner he was thinking of a plan of escape with his mother and sister.

‘you got only 15 minutes, eat whatever you can, you might not get any other food for the rest of the day.’ One of the guards said while throwing Jimin in the kitchen, while some maids tried to catch him. Both went outside guarding the entrance as there was no risk of escape inside.  

‘Are you okay? Your arm is bleeding badly. The guards are too rough. Aren’t you the gentleman of the village?’ a small young maid asked Jimin.

‘I...? I am Park Jimin, milady.’ Jimin replied 


‘So you really are him. How unfortunate to me in such a situation, my lord.’

The maid quickly bought some medicine and bandage and some food.


‘Lord? How kind of you... But it seems like I lost all my prestige of being noble...’


‘Ah please don’t say that. You were the most hopeful person. Everyone was admiring you, sir.’


‘... Can you please tell me whatever you know about the prince'


‘ I don’t know the important stuff, but I will try... So he was a very selfish person and always wanted things his way. A misstep and you are dead. Much like the king. But when he changed into a beast, it seems like all his humanity was gone, he was killing everyone who entered the room. So many maids were sacrificed in order to bring him food.’ The young maid said with tears in her eyes.’ Later he calmed down a bit and was no longer attacking someone instantly. But no one survived more than 10 minutes in there. Moreover, there’s a garden inside where he-‘

 

‘Time up, let’s go' the guards announced.


Jimin murmured a thank you to the maid and stood up. There they go towards the devil’s room. Jimin didn’t know if this time he would be lucky enough.