Chapter 2 - Cruel Dynasty (part 2)

The beast prince

When Jimin opened his eyes, he was stunned that he was still breathing. ‘So the beast had decided to let me live? Why? It must be because it thought I would bleed to death?’ he thought.

He sat with his arm still aching, but the bleeding stopped. He must have lost consciousness while trying to breathe. It's not like he didn’t just have a long and backbreaking day. He sighed and tried to sit.  He could see the beast sleeping on the bed. Now the sun started to rise he could glimpse at what the terror really looked like.  It was like a huge black cat, just as big as the kinking-sized it was sleeping on, it’s paws and claws were big and Jimin could see his own blood on its claws reminding him of how the beast wounded him.

After arriving at the palace, they quickly found themselves in front of the throne, with the king sitting on it, with resentment on his face.

‘So it's the Park again? Seems like the punishment last time wasn't sufficient so years later you all have decided to betray the province again by lodging the adversary in your house?’ said the emperor.

Looked like the king had not forgotten about his dear first hand, Jimin's Dad who was executed for saying his belief 15 years ago. Jimin scoffed. No matter how much Jimin's mother begged for forgiveness, the king didn’t listen and said they were all going to be executed the following morning. 

The story of the prince was quite famous, at his 18th birthday a witch showed up, the witch’s son was cruelly beaten up and tortured until he was dead because he stole food from the royal to give to the poor. She cursed the crown prince saying that the prince would take the appearance of what he really was inside... a beast. About a year had passed by then until the witch had decided to show up again asking refuge from the Park. It was said that after the prince changed into a beast, he couldn’t change back to a human. No matter what kind of magicians came to cancel the scourge, they never could. They said as long as the prince had a dark heart, he would keep on changing into the dark beast he was.

‘I know... I know how to cure the prince.’ Said Jimin with all the confidence he could gather up when the guards were lifting them up to go to the dungeon. After some seconds the king lifted his right hand to indicate the guards to stop.

‘And why should I believe you? No matter how many magicians came, none has succeeded.’ Replied the king.

‘ I was in contact with the witch, your highness. In exchange for staying in my house, she told me the secret to turning the prince back to human but I will need several days to succeed it.’ Replied Jimin with composure.

Unexpectedly someone murmured something to the king that seemed to clicked something on his mind. 

‘Very well, I suppose you will do it in exchange of those two people, fine I will keep them alive, but you need to remember that no mistake is allowed, any single mistake the consequences will be severe. Take him to Prince Jung kook and the rest to the dungeon.’ The king ordered. 

That’s how Jimin was pushed into a dark room with the guards snickering while leaving. Jimin said that while thinking he would have more time to plan an escape but right now he didn’t know what to do. ‘ The beast couldn’t be as scary as it is said right?’ he thought. Of course, there were a lot of rumours going around about how the beast looked like but no one really knew. Jimin breathed out when he saw nothing moving. The beast was probably sleeping. But the second he turned down his guard he saw two amber eyes staring at him. A wave of panic took control over him and he tried to run away but the beast was quicker and slashed its claws on one of Jimin's arm. Shrieking because of the acute pain, Jimin collided against the wall and slipped down while holding his hand. There it was, the beast breathing close to his face while Jimin was falling unconscious.