~End~

Our last Goodbye..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey! Um.. Hi!”

“Hi.”

“Lunch. You, um.. Eat?” Obviously nervous. 

“Yeah. I just did.”

“We ate together, in case you’re wondering.” The girl on the side chirped in. 

“Ah.. Ok. Ok. Me too. I mean. It’s my lunch now.” A stuttering mess.

“Ok.”

“Bye.” Clearly embarrassed.

“Bye.”

 

“Looks like she’s crushing hard on you, unnie.”

“Hush, Sooyoung. She’s really like that.”

“Not during meetings.” Sooyoung teased.

“Whatever.” Took a glance at the girl who’s going walking to the cafeteria for her lunch and smiled.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

“Hi!”

“Hi.”

“Yes, hi! I-I mean, I’m a.. Son Seungwan.” Reached out her hand to shake.

“I know.”

“You know?” Seungwan, wide-eyed, shocked.

“Of course, I do. We work together. Why would I not?”

“Right. Right. You’re right.” Seungwan nodded.

“I believe you already know me too?”

“Yes. Yes. Of course. Bae Joohyun-ssi.”

“Joohyun is fine.” Joohyun smiled.

“J-joohyun? O-okay.” Seungwan smiled, shyly.

“Hey! Why are you so shy?” Joohyun asked, amused.

“Cause you’re so pretty.” Seungwan whispered but Joohyun heard it loud and clear.

“What did you say, Son Seungwan-ssi?” Joohyun ‘asked’.

“N-nothing. I’m usually like this when meeting new people.” Seungwan answered.

“And just call me Seungwan.” Seungwan smiled her eye-blinding smile and Joohyun swooned.

 

“It was nice getting acquainted with you, Seungwan.” Joohyun smiled while trying to support a drunk Sooyoung’s weight.

“Same here, Joohyun.” Seungwan smiled too while trying to support her drunk best friend's weight. 

“See you in the office.”

“Yeah. See you in the office.”

“Bye.”

“Bye!”

 

“So.. what does it feel like talking to your crrussshhh?” Seulgi, slurring at her words, asked Seungwan.

“You should know! You’ve been flirting with Sooyoung the whole night.” Seungwan shook her head.

“Buuttt.. She’s soooooo prreeetttyyyy..”

Seungwan looked back to the direction where she last saw Joohyun with Sooyoung. “I know Seul. I know.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

“Hey!”

“Oh, hi! Lunch?”

“Yup! Where’s Seulgi?” Joohyun was used to seeing the two always together.

“Where’s Sooyoung?” Seungwan’s eyes wandered looking for the tall girl.

“She said she has a lunch meeting.” They said in unison and laughed.

 

“So.. Seulgi huh?” Seungwan asked, trying to sound cool, though it hurts.

Joohyun scoffed. “So.. Sooyoung huh? And no. Not Seulgi. Please. The four of us are hanging around long enough for me to know that she’s like a sister to me.”

 

Seungwan winced at the word sister.

“So.. you? Sooyoung?” Joohyun asked, with her brow raised.

“Oh! No! No! No! No! We may get along pretty damn well, that sometimes it makes Seulgi jealous, but I’m not going there and never will.” Seungwan answered, frantically. 

 

Joohyun laughed. “Well, that’s a lot of No’s.”

“Oops! Got to go. My lunch break is over. You?”

“I have like 15mins more. I’ll stay for a bit.” Seungwan smiled.

“Ok.” Joohyun smiled back as she stood up. “Bye!”

“Bye!” Seungwan returned the smile.

 

As soon as Joohyun was out of earshot, Seungwan slumped on her seat. “Sister huh?”

 

As soon as Joohyun turned her back from Seungwan. “Yes! She doesn’t like Sooyoung!” Joohyun smiled in victory.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

“Hello? I’m already here. Yes. At the cafe where you said we’ll meet. Yes. I’m wearing a white turtle neck long sleeve. Why? What? You know what I looked like, Seul. What nonsense are you saying? Make sure to be here in 15mins or I’m leaving.”

 

“Hello? Yes. I’m already here. Where are you? What are you saying you’re already here? Sooyoung, there are not so many people so I should’ve seen you by now. What? Yes. I’m wearing the black turtle neck long sleeve. Where the hell are you?! If I don’t see you in the next 15mins I’m gonna kill you when I see you!”

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry.” Seungwan said as she bumped into someone when she turned around to go inside the cafe.

“No. That’s f--. Oh! Hi!”

“Hi!”

“You’re here?”

“You too!” They both laughed.

“Well, I’m meeting Seulgi. You?”

“Sooyoung.”

“I see. Wanna go inside? It’s a bit chilly out here.” 

“Yeah, sure.”

Seungwan opened the cafe’s door and led the way. Joohyun followed.

 

At the counter. “Hot choco, right?” Seungwan asked Joohyun.

Joohyun looked at Seungwan a bit amazed and confused. “How did you know?”

“I see you would usually drink hot choco when it’s cold. So.. Yeah.” Seungwan shrugged and ordered. 

 

They got a table by the corner window. Seungwan pulled the chair for Joohyun then sat on the opposite side of Joohyun. There was a comfortable silence for a couple minutes then when their eyes met, they smiled at each other and then everything went from there. Half an hour passed when they both received a message.

 

They both reached for their phones and read the message, then sighed. 

 

“Sooyoung?”

“Yup. Seulgi?”

“Yup! Looks like they are both not coming.”

“Looks like it.” Joohyun said, then sipped her now warm choco.

 

They both sighed and shook their heads. But then, they continued talking. Talking about different things. Laughing at stories. Well, mostly Joohyun laughing at Seungwan.

 

After a sandwich and a slice of cake they walked out of the cafe because the cashier said that they’ll be closing in an hour.

 

“You have a nice laugh, Joohyun!” Seungwan said, smiling.

“Well, you have really good stories, Seungwan.”

“It’s getting late.”

“Yes, it is.”

“Um.. How did you come here?”

Joohyun looked at Seungwan, confused.

“I mean, did you come here by bus or..”

“Oh! I drove my way here. It’s parked over there.” Joohyun looked to her left and pointed at her car. “You?”

“Me too! I mean, I have my car, not your car. I drove my car coming here.” Seungwan said, rumbling.

Joohyun laughed. “You’re really funny, Seungwan.” And hit Seungwan’s shoulder.

Seungwan smiled and rubbed the part of her arm where Joohyun hit her. It’s not painful, it just felt warm.

 

A few moments of silence and smiling. “I’ll walk you to your car.” Seungwan offered and started walking to where Joohyuns car is. Joohyun followed. Seungwan slowed down a bit so Joohyun could walk alongside her.

 

It was a short, silent walk but it was time well-spent for both of them. A few more minutes before saying goodbye.

 

As they reached Joohyun’s car. “This is me.” Joohyun said.

“Yup! Your car.” Seungwan smiled. 

 

They can’t look at each other. Both looking around but at each other. 

“It was nice spending time with you, Joohyun.” Seungwan said as she scratched her nape.

“You too, Seungwan. You too.” Joohyun smiled, shyly as she looked down at her hands fiddling with her car keys.

 

“You should get in. It’s getting cold.”

“Yeah, I should.”

“Yeah.”

 

They looked at each other again, obviously shy. They both don’t know what to do. They were about to lean to each other for a hug. Both leaned to the left then they both leaned to the right. Seungwan panicked so she grabbed Joohyun’s hand and shook it, energetically.

 

“Bye!”

“Bye.”

 

Seungwan turned around and speed walked to her car. “I’m going to kill myself. I’m so stupid.”

 

Joohyun turned around, unlocked her car, and got inside. “URGGGHH!! I’m so stupid!!”

 

“Babe, we waited for like.. What? 3 hours for that? 3hours!!”

“Babe, it’s not my fault that those two will be like that!”

“You should try talking to your friend, Seul!”

“Then do the same too!” Sooyoung and Seulgi’s conversation a few blocks away inside Seulgi’s car.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

“Hi!”

“Hi! I didn’t see you there and you’re here. I mean, yeah, you’ll be here. I mean it’s Sooyoung’s birthday after all. What I meant was, you’re here outside. Why are you outside? It’s cold.”

 

Joohyun laughed at Seungwan’s babbling. “I enjoy looking at the stars. And it’s getting too noisy inside with all the girls there. You? What are you doing here? It’s not that you’re not supposed to be here~ you know what I mean, right?”

 

It was Seungwan’s turn to laugh. “Yeah. I get it. I enjoy walking and the night sky too. I’ve been walking by the shore for a few minutes now. Maybe that’s why I didn’t see you earlier.”

“Yeah. Maybe that’s it.” Joohyun answered.

 

Joohyun shivered and Seungwan noticed. Seungwan took off her jacket, faced Joohyun, and placed it on Joohyuns shoulder. “It’s cold. Wear it.”

 

“How about you?” Joohyun asked, concerned.

“I’m fine. I’m used to the co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter