Final Fantasy XV Characters and Terms

The Queen of Insomnia

Characters

Noctis Lucis Caelum
The prince of Insomnia, he becomes King after the death of his father.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
The oracle and Noctis's fiancee, she awaits for Noctis in Altissia for their wedding and to deliver his father's ring to him.

Ignis Scientia
The advisor and cook of the group, fiercely loyal to Noctis and always look out for him.

Gladiolus and Iris Amicitia
Noctis's trainer and childhood friend, Gladiolus helped trained Noctis when he was young while Iris is a playmate of Noctis.

Prompto Argentum
The gun wielder of the group, he loves to take photos of the group on their journey.

Ardyn Izunia (Ardyn Lucis Caelum)
The grand chancellor of a rival nation who seeks to destroy his brother's descendants.

Regis Lucis Caelum
Father of Noctis, he sends Noctis away to protect him from the incoming danger.

Ravus Nox Fleuret
Brother of Lunafreya, he sides with the enemy despite caring for his sister.

Nyx Ulric
A Kingsglaive sworn to protect King Regis and is Lunafreya's bodyguard, he wields the Ring of the Lucii to protect Insomnia from the enemy attack at the cost of his life.

Somnus Lucis Caelum
The ancestor of Noctis and younger brother of Ardyn, his jealousy led him to betray his brother.

Aera Mirus Fleuret
Ardyn's fiancee and the ancestor of Lunafreya, she is an oracle who foresaw her beloved's true fate.

Titan

Ramuh

Ifrit

Shiva

Leviathan

Bahamut


Terms

  • Daemons are the term for the creatures you fight at night in Final Fantasy XV. These creatures only appear at night although some might make a brief appearance if you're traveling through a tunnel. They are believed to be humans who became daemons, believed to be created by Ardyn.
  • Astrals are the names for summoning beings of Final Fantasy XV. They are gigantic with the only exception being Shiva who appears as a smaller being able to create multiples of herself. Most have a human appearance with Leviathan being the only one who appears as a sea creature.
  • Sword of the Father is the sword wielded by King Regis Lucis Caelum. It is one of the many weapons Noctis collected on his journey. The sword was stolen by Ravus Nox Fleuret after King Regis was defeated in battle.
  • Ring of the Lucii is a deadly ring that is highly overpowered. A blood contract is formed to wield it. It must be worn by a member of the Lucis Caelum family. Strangers who wield it are known to suffer the consequences. Ignis Scientia is the only known survivor to have to wield it.
  • Insomnia is the name of the city governed by the Lucis Caelum family.
  • Lestallum is the name of a city known for its hot climate.
  • Disc of Cauthess is an area outside Lestallum. It is where the Astral, Titan is found.
  • Chocobo is the name of a furry bird-like creature that can be a choice of vehicle.

Author's Note

I chose to give a small description of the characters rather than a very long one like I planned except for the Astrals.