031

Push & Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

| CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE |

B vs. J

 

 

To what it felt like forever, they remained silent for a good number of minutes. Mr. Byun impatiently waited for a word to be said, his arms crossing against his chest and his frown growing. Baekhyun broke the silence with a few hiccups that he just realized he’d been holding since they got in. Jiwon fought with her heavy eyelids and tapped her cheeks to keep herself awake.

“Okay, you kids.” The old man in front of them sighed. “I don’t know what’s going on but all I know is that you two are too wasted right now to say anything. Am I right?”

Baekhyun laughed, followed by another hiccup. “No, it’s not that, Appa. It’s just really hard to break the news to you that I knocked her up, that’s all.” He grinned quickly before losing it into his -did-I-Just-say-that grimace. “Oops.” He covered his mouth earning a slap from Jiwon. “Sir, that’s the big news—we’re actually—you’re a grand—we want to—” She stammered and ended up hitting Baekhyun on the arm again. “Now, how should we start properly now, you just blurted it out, idiot.” She groaned.

Mr. Byun blinked rapidly, his eyes fluttering wide open as he replayed the previous revelation Baekhyun just gave him. “You what?” The old man growled in disbelief. Jiwon forced a smile while lifting her hands up in defense. “Sir, we can explain. We’re a bit drunk right now but I can explain it more properly.” She tried to calm the old man down. Instead, the concerned father held onto his wheelchair and without unfolding it, used it as a walker to come closer to Baekhyun. “You what?” He asked before throwing a slap on the back of his son’s head.

He then turned to Jiwon. “Oh my god, you’re pregnant? How far are you? Jesus Christ, I’m so sorry on behalf of my son. I will make sure he marries you and he cannot say anything but—”

“Appa, I knocked her up three years ago. We have twins. They’re like two years old now. Jiwon’s not pregnant, now can we sleep?” Baekhyun groaned nonchalantly only to earn another slap from his father, this time, right on his gut. “What?!” The old man exclaimed. Jiwon, at this point, just looked down while covering her heated face. With all the remaining awareness left in him, Baekhyun held his father’s arms and guided him to sit again. “Don’t wear out those hips, they’re very expensive. Just sit.” He grunted like a parent, a drunken parent.

His father remained glaring up at him in disbelief and shock as he took the spot right on the coffee table so he could sit right in front of the man. “Appa, okay—I might have been too rash with breaking it to you. I’m sorry, I feel barely alive right now, we had too much to drink but I’m trying my best. Let’s do it again, shall we?” Baekhyun glanced at Jiwon and signaled her to come closer. “Son, what do you mean? What happened?” Mr. Byun asked, frowning at him and Jiwon.

Baekhyun took in a deep breath to prepare for it. “Appa, three years ago … remember when I told you that I finally realized I loved her but she didn’t want to and had to leave for Canada? The night before that, something happened and I’m sorry if I never told you, but I got her pregnant. With twins.” He managed to weakly explain from the very beginning. Jiwon sighed heavily and held onto Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Sir, I’m so sorry, this is all my fault. Baekhyun never knew until very recently, I hid the twins from him.” She confessed.

“Twins? What—how—” Mr. Byun pointed at the two of them, counting two with his fingers as if trying to figure out the possibilities. Finally, a smile grew on Jiwon’s face. “It’s in my blood, sir. I just happened to have that strong gene and we have twins, one boy and one girl.”

The old man grew silent for a moment before speaking. “You mean … I’m a grandfather? I have grandchildren? Two?” Surprisingly, a smile started forming on his lips. It lasted for a minute until he frowned again and lightly slapped Baekhyun on the head again. “See, I told you to come follow her to Canada.” Baekhyun’s eyes widen in betrayal. “Appa! You told me not to—what the hell, you can’t twist on me now just because she’s here. That’s so mean, take that back!” He argued back and looked at Jiwon. “I swear to god, he was the one who discouraged me. I wanted to follow you to Canada, I promise. But he said it’s probably not a good idea and that I should respect what you want.”

It grew silent again as Mr. Byun weakly chuckled. “Oh my goodness, I have grandchildren—can I see them? So, they’re two years old now? I want to see them—is there any pictures?” He asked. Baekhyun groaned and leaned on Jiwon’s tummy. “Ugh—can we just wait ‘til tomorrow. I’m so tired. Appa, please let me go to my room with her.” Jiwon nudged him lightly before gladly moving to sit on the couch beside Mr. Byun. She took her phone out and started showing pictures of the twins to him.

Baekhyun on the other hand just stood up with a smile. “Okay—while you guys do that, I’m just gunna—just going to—admire myself in front of the mirror and then—” He stopped talking and just made his way to the bathroom to throw up. “Oh god, I’m a ing lightweight—I’m so old.” He groaned in between gags. He held onto the sink as he flushed the toilet. “.” He groaned before rinsing his mouth clean.

Slowly, he felt his eyelids dropping. He was just about to fall asleep and he could feel it. “Oh blue balls, I’m so sorry you’re back in the game.” He muffled while rubbing his crotch lightly.

“So, when’s the wedding?” A question from his father made wide awake all over again. He opened his eyes and looked ahead, he could see his father peeking out from the living room, giving him a questioning look. “You’re not just going to date her like a boy in this situation, right? I taught my son how to be responsible with as a bachelor—well, in this case, you weren’t so now you need to take responsibilities as a father.” Baekhyun stood up while holding onto the sink. “Woah woah woah—wait, calm down just a second. Oh god—my head. I really can’t drink anymore—wow, this pain is a motherer.” He sat back down on the edge of the tub again and groaned in pain.

His eyes started getting blurry but he was still able to catch a vision of what it seemed like Jiwon walking over to him. “Baekhyun? Oh—yup, he’s done. He’s out.” He felt a faint tap on his cheek and then everything went black.

 

The next day …

Baekhyun woke up with heaviness overwhelming his whole head. He struggled to sit right up, gripping hard on the pillows behind him. “Oh god.” He groaned while rubbing his forehead. He got out of the blanket and was about to get off the bed when he finally noticed the presence beside him, on the other side of the bed. It was Jiwon, sleeping peacefully.

On his bed.

Beside him.

Kim Jiwon.

His eyes immediately fluttered more open and glared down the bottom half of his body. He was still fully dressed—with pants on, in fact. “Oh, for ’s sake.” He grunted in frustration and disappointment. His light movement and sound earned a moan from the woman beside him. “Hmm, Baekhyun—shut up. Let me sleep.” She muffled while covering her face wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter