029

Push & Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

| CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE |

Daddy and Mommy

 

“Good work guys.”

Baekhyun initiated a clap as he finished the photoshoot. He removed his camera strap off him and went straight to the models. “Thank you so much, that was a good photoshoot.  I hope you guys had fun.” He bowed to each of them and shared a little small talk before eventually bidding a goodbye. He gestured one of his assistants to come follow him int0 his office. “Jinho, just pack up my stuff in my office, make sure to put everything in the right places. I don’t like to be confused of where my things are for the next photoshoot.” He grabbed his duffle bag and keys from his office table.

“Oh, sir—you’re leaving already?” Jinho asked.

Usually, Baekhyun helps with the pack up and even wait until the clients leave. Today was different. “Yes, am I allowed to? Please allow me, Jinho. Pretty please, with a cherry on top?” Baekhyun threw the young man a sarcasm making him lower his head in embarrassment. “Sorry sir, I was just curious—you usually stay longer. I guess you have plans.” Jinho grinned shyly while scratching his neck.

“Yes, I do.” Baekhyun threw the strap of his bag over his shoulder. “I need to pick up my twins at home and their mom from her work.”

Jinho froze while staring at him, as if he just said the most bizarre thing. “Sir?” He asked with uncertainty. Baekhyun chuckled in amusement, clearly expecting such reaction from the man. “I said—” He walked closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I have to go get my twins from home and then their mom because she finishes work soon. I want to take them out for dinner. My twins and their mom, my … partner.” He said it nice and slow.

The young assistant opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. “Sir, you have—” He blinked rapidly, unsure of how to ask the question. Baekhyun patted his shoulder strongly. “Don’t worry, I just found out too. I had an even worse reaction than you. Anyway, remember what I said. Be careful with packing up my tools, okay? Bye.” He walked out of the office with a winning smile on his face.

He got into his car and threw his bag on the backseat. An excited grin plastered across his face as he started his engine. He was excited, so excited to get his twins. For now, it would probably be a better idea to take the nanny with them. He would admit that he still didn’t know how to be alone with the kids and he didn’t want to do anything wrong.

He arrived back at Jiwon’s place and was excitedly walking into the building when he met up with Jihwan. “Oh? Aren’t you guys at work?” He greeted the man with a light wave. “Hey, Baekhyun. Wow you’re here again huh? I heard what happened, I’m so happy for you two.” Jihwan teased while wiggling his eyebrows. “I didn’t come to work today, it’s only Jiwon and Hara. Also, I’m gunna leave soon so I was shopping the crap out of myself today. I’m just here to visit the twins real quick.” They got into the elevator together. “Anyway, I’d like to thank you.” Baekhyun turned to the guy with a smile. “You’re one of the people who helped us get here. I also heard it was your idea to push Jiwon back here to work—I honestly don’t know if this would have ever happened if not because of you.”

Jihwan rolled his eyes. “That’s nothing. I care about the twins too and I know you two are just stubborn as hell. In a way, I also did it for my own sanity.” Baekhyun laughed at his sassiness but he nodded in agreement. “But you’re welcome, I’m really happy. Take care of the twins and my best friend okay? And I hope you guys could come to Canada even just for a few days, for my wedding?” The man added.

Baekhyun’s eyes widen. “Oh, you’re getting married? Wow, I didn’t know. Congratulations!” He nudged the guy who just shyly grinned while nodding. “His name is Justin—and no, not Justin Bieber. Not Justin Trudeau. Justin Davis.” Jihwan defended immediately before he could even say anything. “Who’s Justin Trudeau? But yea, I was gunna say Justin Bieber. You got me there.” Baekhyun laughed. They arrived on their floor and stepped out together. “Justin Trudeau is Canada’s Prime Minister—anyway, ugh, you and Jiwon are literally the same. She once told me I finally got myself a Justin Bieber when I just started seeing him.” Jihwan grunted.

“Anyway.” Baekhyun nodded approvingly. “I’m happy for you, congratulations again. Well, I’ll see and talk to Jiwon about coming to Canada together. I’ve never been there. I almost did … but, whatever.”

Jihwan was silent for a while before he let out a snort. “What do you mean?” He gasped in realization. Baekhyun looked away and rolled his eyes shyly. “No, just—I was thinking of—you know, going there on a one-way ticket three years ago. But I was stopped by my father, he said that might just make Jiwon … not want me even more if I follow like a stalker. He was right, we—I know we needed space anyway.” He scratched his neck, sighing in regret. They arrived at the door and rang the doorbell. “Oh my god, imagine if you’ve gone? And Jiwon found out she was pregnant pretty early on, so that could have been—wow, isn’t fate so funny?” Jihwan shook his head in disbelief.

Baekhyun just laughed. The open was opened by Eun Jung, the nanny. “Oh guys. You’re both here, come inside.” The woman opened the door wider and let them both in. As soon as the twins saw Jihwan, they both left their toys on the play pen and ran to him. Baekhyun on the other hand just stood there watching, disappointment and jealousy filling his throat. He gulped them hard and looked away with a forced smile. This was his fault anyway, he wasn’t around when they needed them. And Jihwan was there. He deserved this.

“Look, I came with your Appa. See? It’s Appa.” Jihwan helped out and pointed at him while gesturing the twins to come closer. The twins already recognize him, of course, but were still acting a bit shy to him. They both went closer and waved a hand. Hansol on the other hand cautiously wrapped his short arms around Baekhyun’s hips. Hana giggled shyly as if she wanted to do that too but couldn’t. “Aww, they’re so cute.” Jihwan squealed with Eun Jung.  “Don’t worry Baekhyun, they will eventually soften up to you completely. They’re starting to.” Eun Jung assured him.

Baekhyun bent down to their level and pulled Hana closer to him. “Don’t be shy, you can hug me anytime. Okay, princess?” He told the shy girl who immediately nodded before putting her arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and leaning closer. “Can you lift them both up? Try it, it’s fun. They love it” Jihwan encouraged while grinning.

“Okay, let’s see.” Baekhyun position his arms on the twins’ bodies and counted under his breath. “Three, two—oh god.” He groaned in pain as he lifted both and stood up. Eun Jung laughed hard in amusement. The twins giggled hard while holding onto Baekhyun’s neck, their legs wrapped up together around his waist.

Baekhyun felt ecstatic hearing their laughter, it was music to his ears. He loved every second of it. That moment, he swore he was going to make them smile every single day. “You guys like it, okay. How about this.” He them twirled around and the twins giggled even harder. “Fly! We fly!” Hansol squealed and excitement. “You want to fly? Okay?” Baekhyun then started running around the living room.

Eun Jung and Jihwan watched at the hallway together. “I think he’s gunna be a good father. He’s still a bit wary but he’s gunna be fine. This morning he was here too, he brought breakfast for Jiwon. Isn’t he sweet?” The old woman suggested. Jihwan sighed and leaned his head on the wall. “You have no idea what he and Jiwon had to go through though, it was like … so stupid yet so sad, both of them were. I’m just so relieved now.” He earned a confused chuckle from the woman who didn’t push to ask for explanation anymore.

 

 

“This is our Brand consultant, Jeong Jaehyun, he will be working with us and helping us with our campaigns, events and social media. Jaehyun, this is Kim Jiwon of Free People.”

Jiwon stood up and shared a bow with the man in a suit. After the bow though, he offered a handshake. “Hello, Miss Jiwon. Nice to meet you, I’m Jaehyun.” He spoke in English instead before continuing with Korean. “I heard you’re from Canada. I lived there too, in Toronto, for about seven years.” Jiwon’s eyes lit up and shook his hand. “Wow, I’m from Toronto too, but I actually lived in Richmond Hill for the most part until I started working. That’s great!” She exclaimed.

Jaehyun nodded in amusement. “I had relatives in Richmond Hill so I used to visit there a lot, very good area. A lot of rich people.” Jiwon laughed while nodding in agreement, she felt so at home now that she could talk to someone who lived in the same area as she did. “Trust me, I wasn’t part of those rich people, just happened to be there.”

They all sat down again and Hara cleared . “I see, you guys are getting acquainted real good. Anyway, we won’t be long since our previous meeting is already done. I just wanted to introduce you two. Jaehyun will begin working with us next week and he’s already been planning and working on our campaign strategies.” Hara looked at each of them. “Anyway, yeah. I’m pretty excited for this.” She grinned.

Jiwon looked at her and then to Jaehyun. “Me too, it would be a lot nicer if Jihwan was here. Jihwan is my business partner. He couldn’t join us today, he had some stuff to do and also, he’s leaving for Canada soon.” Jaehyun nodded understandingly. “That’s okay, I’m sure we’ll have another chance to at least ge introduced before he leaves. Anyway, I was just here to drop off some campaign designs for Hara. I need to get going, I have to pick up my son from school. I wish I could stay longer. I’m so sorry.” The man stood up after placing a folder on Hara’s desk, his eyes fixated on his watch.

Jiwon looked at him in shock. “Oh wow, you look pretty young to be a father. You have a son, huh? Married?” She asked our of curiosity.

Jaehyun nodded. “Oh dear, no I’m not that young. I’m thirty-two. But thank you for the compliment. Also, I’m a widower so yeah, technically I was married. Anyway, forgive me for leaving so soon.” He answered, still with a professional smile. “Oh my god—I’m so sorry for asking.” Jiwon covered , guilt eating her up now for ever being so curious, she shouldn’t have opened at all. “No no no, not at all—don’t worry. I’m okay.” Jaehyun assured her with a smile. “You’re cute.” He stood up and bowed at Hara once and faced her again. “It was really nice to meet you, Jiwon. See you later.”

Once the man was gone, Hara coughed loudly making Jiwon turn. “What?” She asked. Hara leaned on her chair and sighed. “I think he likes you, he doesn’t call people cute. He’s very professional—I’ve never seen him act so casual and comfortable like that. This is a problem, Baekhyun will kill me and my whole family, it’s going to be a bloody massacre if I let this go on.” Jiwon laughed in disbelief. “Jesus—Hara, relax. The man was just being nice since we both lived in Canada, that’s it. You’re freaking out over nothing.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter