Complete

LXXXIII

You’re a little nervous today. You can’t quite understand why, but the thought of meeting them after a while makes you nauseous. Sure, it’s still frightening to face the cameras, having the fear of your words being twisted, your face and actions being scrutinized, but you’re sure this one is different. You’ve met a lot of people, with your nine ongoing shows and whatnot, but this time, you’re going to meet them — your precious ones. 

 

You’re going to be with him, with this friend, at last.

 

Filming’s always tiring, you’ll admit, as if your daily rants on that paid messaging service wasn’t proof enough. But God — how fun it was to be with them. 

 

How fun it was to see their faces,

 

“Oh? Hyung is here!”

 

“Hyung! I like your hair!”

 

to hear their childish fights and whines,

 

“Yah! Get your own meat!”

 

“Hyuuuung, why can’t I do this? I want to do this.”

 

“Guys, members, wait, quiet, be quiet.”

 

and even witness them turn into the most serious, despite being chaotic, as you all went on recording.

 

“Kill them all!”

 

“Great job, guys!”

 

You’re honestly already content and energized just by playing with them, but the moment you saw him, looking at you, and something was about to come out of the mouth of this guy after recording, you realized why you were so nervous earlier. 

 

You desperately want him to be happy, too, right?

 

You stay in your place and you wait for him to reach you. You could already feel your heart burst each distance being covered by his feet. He looks at you, with those soft eyes, and silently asks you:

 

“Heechul-ah, did you have fun?”

 

Stupidly selfless, you thought. You suddenly found it hard to speak, as if words were caught in your throat.

 

“I’m sorry, did the kids tire you out?”

 

You still didn’t reply, only staring at him, noting how bright his face looked despite his whole being so exhausted. He waits for you to speak, anyway.

 

“It’s the best time I’ve had, Teukie. Thank you, I’m so happy,” you reply with all sincerity.

 

He cracks a smile so beautiful you wanted to frame and tattoo it on your heart. Your eyes were nearly tearing seeing that, but you held it in. You didn’t want him to think anything bad.

 

“I’m glad having the kids around made you happy.”

 

“No.”

 

“No?” He looks at you and your hand on the hem of his coat, puzzlingly.

 

“It’s you, Teukie, it’s you who complete me. It’s you who really made me happy.”

 

For the first time that night, the resident idol MC was out of words, only looking at you with so much love and longing. You open up your arms and beckoned him to get close. You’re glad he initiated the hug, the gesture enveloping you in a sense of home.

 

Of course, you’ll always complete each other.

 

It’s not important that the world can’t see it, but that silent understanding — for both of you, it was enough.

 


A/N: Felt so emotional since most of the members shared that they had a lot of fun playing and filming Idol vs. Idol, especially Teuk. Lately, he's been feeling very tired, so for him to say that it was the most fun filming with the members made me soft and emo. :(
 

[Also, thanks, Han, for always encouraging me!]