𝟙𝟘

Renjana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We can just have dinner in the usual restaurant, Hyung. Why bother coming here?"

"Cut it off. We've arrived and my friend said that I should check out this cafe."

The man snickered and chose to stay quiet right after as he knew arguing with this particular coworker—who was also a café enthusiast—would be useless. He got off the car and followed the latter who had reached the entrance. Well, the cafe did give off a lively yet relaxing vibe—suitable for those who just got off work like them to just chill out and grab something to eat.

"Yesung-hyung, do they have—"

His sentence left hanging when his eyes landed on the person behind the cashier... and the one beside him sitting on the barstool. It was Kim Heechul and Park Jungsoo. And as if God wanted to affirm his guess the other day, they were bound to meet again. This time, he had to clarify everything before his sanity ran out.

 

 

 

"Welcome to The Kims, may I help you with the menu or you have decided what to order?"

Yesung, oblivious to his friend's agony, was busy swiping the menu on the tablet on the cashier station. He skillfully skimmed through the quiet big menu and finally settled with a drink and two desserts.

"Shindong-ah, what do you— Yah! You're okay?"

Shindong—the man who had fixed his gaze on the pair in front of him since he entered the cafe—finally snapped out of his train of thoughts. He turned to Yesung and for a split second, from his peripheral, he knew they were looking at him.

"Ah, sorry, Hyung. I'm unfamiliar with the menu. You can choose a table first while I order mine."

 

Yesung nodded nonchalantly and proceeded to walk away to find a table. Right, this was the chance—Shindong thought. He quickly selected a random menu and let Heechul do his job. However, when he was supposed to sit and wait for his order, he did not. Instead, he leaned closer to both men in front of him and sighed.

"I'm sorry if I'm being inappropriate in the first time we meet," he paused and observed their expressions.

"But I—"

"We've met before," Leeteuk suddenly cut off and it was enough to send Shindong's heart stop beating. Did he remember?

"In Siwon's clinic the other day."

Leeteuk smiled and turned to Heechul who seemingly just realized that they indeed had met. Little did they know, Shindong got even more puzzled on the answer. He pinched the bridge of his nose briefly before he said quite sternly.

"We need to talk after the cafe closes. I have something to ask both of you."

 

 

 

𝟘𝟙𝟙𝟘

 

 

 

"Shin Donghee. So... You're a doctor?"

Heechul examined the business card Shindong just handed him, with Leeteuk also doing the same beside him; both were confused as to why this man suddenly wanted to have a talk with them. But instead of an answer they got, Shindong sighed in defeat, looking rather irritated.

"Well, yes. Technically, I'm a doctor. But I... I'm more than that."

Shindong was slowly reaching his limit and these two people in front of him did not help either. He was still in disbelief as to why all of this could happen under his watch.

 

"Okay. Let's untangle the knot. Don't worry, please just answer my questions. Your answers will remain confidential because I'm a doctor and I'll assure you that this matter is very important for us. May I know what is your relationship with each other?"

Leeteuk got flustered to the direct question. It was easy to tell because his face was flushed red. He carefully glanced sideways, checking on Heechul, afraid that the latter would be mad on the question. But to his dismay, Heechul bravely answered the question with the most unexpected yet also expected response.

"Well, I'm hitting on him."

Shindong breathed through his nose and demanded his answer now, "What about you?"

"We— We're still friends now but," Leeteuk turned to Heechul.

"But the same as what he said, I also want to be more than a friend. But I'm just afraid that it will be uncomfortable between us so I'm okay with this too."

 

On the answers, Shindong almost gave up. This made no sense whatsoever that they were not dating each other. It was as if he were clowned by them at the moment and he did not like it at all.

"Have you ever been in a relationship before?"

Heechul frowned, "Now this is getting a little too far. I—"

"Please just answer before I go nuts," Shindong pleaded.

Heechul looked skeptically at him before eventually said, "Yeah. With someone in my middle school. Only for a week, tho."

"Middle school? How about when you were in high school?"

Heechul briefly glanced at Leeteuk, asking for help but the latter seemed to be also in a confusion. He shook his head; he never had any relationship after the one with Gunhee.

"How about—"

"No, I've never been in a relationship," Leeteuk answered flatly.

 

 

 

Shindong drew a long breath and began to enjoy the headache zapping his energy. There was no way out of this. He swiftly opened his bag and took out two documents he kept neatly in a folder. However, instead of giving it to them, he was just holding the papers and finally explained.

"Alright. This may sound insane, but when I said I'm more than a doctor, I mean it. I'm not only a regular nerve specialist, I'm an Erasure practitioner. Thus, people who know me for that matter call me Doctor Erasure," Shindong paused, and still, he only got disappointed when both men looked so puzzled. He continued.

"In short, I practice the process of erasure in which I can help people to erase the memory they want to forget," he sighed, "Forever."

"That's bull!" Heechul suddenly snapped. He grabbed Leeteuk's hand and got up.

"Your nonsense is wasting our time. Let's go, Teuk. This man is sick."

"Heenim-ah, calm—"

Shindong widened his eyes, "Teuk? Heenim? Just what the hell is happening right now?"

 

Leeteuk managed to coax Heechul to sit down again as he wanted to know what this man was up to that he spewed what sounded like lies like this.

"God, I'm about to lose my mind. Have you both introduced yourself to each other? With your surname? Talking about your family? School? For God's sake," Shindong rasped out. He looked at both of them and asked rather urging, "What's your real full name?"

 

 

 

"Park Jungsoo."

"Kim Heechul."

 

 

 

Park Jungsoo—the moment that name rolled out of Leeteuk's lips, Heechul felt like his heart shattered into tiny pieces. There was an indescribable feeling that pained him inside out. It was the same feeling when he had to leave Korea for his study—no, it hurt a thousand times more than that. It was as if he had to rip apart his soul and left it floating around in the air, knowing that he would never have the chance to take it back.

Park Jungsoo.

 

Leeteuk's breath hitched. Kim Heechul—the name itself was enough to crush his heart until it was numb. The strong urge of clutching onto something knocked on his throat, suffocating him like something ever did. The feeling was identical to when he clutched the beach sand on that night—the night he vaguely remembered—until the particles escaped through the rift of his fingers. And he knew they would never come back, washed away by the waves.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter