𝟘𝟙

Renjana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

 

"The first building across..."

Heechul—his eyes wandered around and he snapped his finger upon seeing the bookstore written in the address. Thanks to the annoying taxi driver, he had to walk blocks away from his real destination. Shoving his phone to his coat pocket, he sighed and assured himself that he just needed to walk past this park and he would arrive. He stretched his arms until the bones popped before he began to pull his two big suitcases on the rugged ground. It was really windy although the sun shone brightly. All he wanted to do was to get into his new apartment and slept until tomorrow. He hoped nothing would go worse than it already was.

No, he should never jinx it.

Heechul gritted his teeth and cursed lowly under his breath. He crouched down and if screaming in public would not attract any attention, he would tear his vocal cords. One of the tires of his suitcase got broken, probably from bumping into a rock earlier.

 

"Dammit, I— Aahh!!"

The first thing he noticed when he opened his eyes was the ground, and his suitcases, and a dog— the dog that sent him stumbling. The second thing he felt was the sharp pain shot through his left ankle. He grimaced and tried to check his leg but he failed miserably. It was too painful even for a small movement.

 

"Shimkoong!"

The third thing he saw was a man running towards him with a distressed look on his face. The man grabbed the dog's leash and tied it in the nearby outdoor lamp before he immediately jogged to him.

"I'm very sorry, Sir."

Heechul did not know why but he wanted to linger his stare at him, longer.

"Sir, are you alright?"

And longer as if he had waited for decades to meet him.

 

Leeteuk—he turned to the man when the person sitting on the ground did not reply to any of his questions. Had he known that talking to Mrs. Lee led to this accident of his losing his grip on Shimkoong's leash, he would have walked faster and avoided his chatty neighbor. Now, God knew how much he had to pay to compensate this man for falling thanks to his dog.

"I'm sorry, my dog was so excited and I lost my grip on her leash when I—"

Leeteuk halted when he noticed the man was only staring at him with an unreadable look. But strangely, the more he looked at the big orbs, the more he got drawn. He blinked, however after a while, and glanced sideways, noticing the luggage which somehow confirmed his guess as to why this man had not once answered him.

"You... Err, you... Foreigner?"

It was embarrassing. Leeteuk began to realize why his English teacher back then insisted that he study English. His incoherent sentence must confuse this man even more.

 

"I'm Korean."

Heechul finally spoke for the first time. He shifted his eyes and cleared his throat nervously. This man must find him weird for glitching like a bug. Well, he also did not know what happened to him, to be honest. Afraid that he would only put more eggs on his face, he tried to stand up but the pain did not allow him. He did not know whether he should be grateful for this man's good reflex to assist him, before his landed not so gently on the ground, or get mad as his dog caused all of his misery.

 

"Did you get seriously injured?"

"I don't know. It seems that my left ankle was sprained— Aack!"

Heechul shrieked when Leeteuk gently pressed on his ankle. The pain almost brought tears to his eyes and he would have surely cried if not for the fact that he was with a stranger.

"Are you in a rush? Where are you going?"

Leeteuk vomited the questions as his worries grew rapidly seeing this man was indeed injured. But the one in front of him seemed to be in a constant daze as he kept looking at him without answering.

"Sir?"

And as Leeteuk predicted, the man was indeed spacing out, shaking his head as if he was pulled back to reality.

"I'm moving in today to that building."

Leeteuk followed the finger pointing at a direction and his face lit up upon seeing which it was.

"I live there!"

He almost regretted to ever respond as his tone came off too enthusiastic. He just hoped this man would not tell him on the land grab saying he was a strange man and blah blah.

"I mean— I can take you to my friend's clinic and I'll help you find your unit," Leeteuk gulped as the man seemed to be flustered by his offer.

"I mean... I— If it's okay with you."

And to his dismay—as well as to his poor heart—, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter