Change of Plans

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi sighed for the umpteenth time that night. To say she was bored out of her wits would be an understatement. She was suffocated, feeling the four walls of her room closing down on her.

To also hear her phone beep and ring continuously with Jisoo's constant messages and Joy's chats and calls were already too much for her in one day, so she stood up from her bed and decided to get out of there as fast as possible.

She didn't bring much as she stepped inside the dimly lit bar. She just wanted to get away and it was the perfect place for her to be right at that moment.

The loud music, the constant chatter, dry smoke fogging the place, faceless strangers dancing and drinking and ignoring her like a shadow served as a distraction to Seulgi while she nursed her second drink in her hands.

Everytime her eyes spot a familiar face, she'd tug her baseball cap lower and look the other way. When she felt like being watched, she'll transfer to a new table and pretend to be busy. Her act of being occupied of something would've been believable if she had her phone or just anything in her hands but she had none. Some even threw her weird looks by acting without actually doing anything.

She was also getting bored and she had nothing to do so she went to the bar and smiled at the bartender.

"Uh..." she said, eyeing how he shakes the drinks and pour them meticulously.

He tipped his head and returned her smile. "Third glass?"

Seulgi shook her head immediately and showed him the drink that was still almost full. "I uh... can I ask you something?"

He nodded when he passed the newly finished drink to his customer. "Sure but can I first know your name? I'm Minho, by the way."

"Minho," she said and extended her arm, "I'm Seul- Seulhyon."

"Seulhyon." He copied, tasting the word on his tongue, letting it roll off smoothly. Seulgi blushed when he showed his boyish smirk, his eyes crinkling at the corners. Minho had a boy next door look to him that Seulgi probably found someone to crush on. Just a little bit. Or maybe a reason to return to Revel bar soon.

"What can I do for you, Seulhyon?"

"Can I..." she hesitated. "Can I borrow a pen?"

"A what?" He chuckled then leaned his head towards Seulgi's. "A pen, or did I hear it wrong?"

She smiled sheepishly and fumbled with her hands. "Yes. A p-pen and some napkin or a paper, perhaps?"

He studied her then his body began to shake. He started laughing and shaking his head. It took him by surprise since it was such an odd request at a place like this.

Don't they use phones anymore? He asked himself but decided to nod. He turned his back on her and Seulgi could still hear the small chuckle when he thought that she was out of earshot.

"May I have it as well?" Minho asked when he returned, a pen and a wad of napkin in hand.

She eyed the thick bundle of napkin and looked up when she felt his stare. "Huh?"

"Your number. You're giving them out, right?"

She wanted to roll her eyes at his stupid assumption. She wasn't that desperate yet and she wasn't in the mood to hope for something with Minho and his flirtations despite being extremely handsome. 

Seulgi gave him a tepid smile, "Oh yeah. Yes. I'll..." she snatched the pen and the tissue from his hand and stood up from the bar. "I'll be right back with these. Thank you!"

He was about to say something when she pivoted back to her table, cutting him off. A grin appeared on her lips.

With the pen in her hand and the rough texture of the napkin laid flat on the dry table, Seulgi was immersed in her own world. The loud music resounding inside suddenly turned into a dull hum at the back of her skull. She almost even forgot where she was until someone bumped into her accidentally.

She hummed contentedly when the pen smoothly glided across the paper, ink flowing smoothly as she scribbled vague shapes of things and people. Seulgi's eyes were jumping from one person to another while her hands continuously sketched. Her drawings consisted of people talking and dancing and interacting with everyone but herself.

But she was fine with that. At that moment, she was glad not to be seen by anyone, no interruptions nor she wanted attention. For awhile, Seulgi was contented to be just her. Alone sketching in a dark corner of the bar.

While her hands work, she made herself imagine the conversations held by these faint lines her hands drew. Imagining what would it feel like or what would she say if Seulgi was in their shoes, talking smoothly and animatedly with ease and confidence.

She liked to pretend she had those traits, to daydream talking to anyone she knew or just say hi to strangers in the street. Well, there was a time where she could do that, a time where she had the courage to speak to anyone and smile and be happy but it was such a long time ago that she already forgot what it felt like.

When she was done daydreaming, she propped her elbows and her head rested on it. She scanned the whole bar with outmost curiousity, looking for something that would capture her attention and draw it.

And boy, consider her attention captured when she spotted a familiar sillhouette heading towards where she was seated. 

The figure that once resembled her fuzzy sketch started to take form. A face so painfully familiar to Seulgi, started to get clearer as she walts closer and closer. A few heads whipped towards her and a whistle of appreciation was heard but she didn't bother to spare them a glance. She went straight to an unoccupied seat and started to scan the place with bored eyes.

Instinct made her cower in her seat, and just like before, she tugged her cap lower and cursed under her breath.

I might be mistaken, right?

She couldn't be here on a Monday night, right?

Seulgi knew she was lying to herself. She knew damn well who the person was despite her slightly bad eyes and slightly tipsy mind.

Skeptical, she took a peek under her baseball cap, trying to look as dismissive as possible.

She in a breath when her eyes met hers for a moment.

Seulgi tried to pretend as best as she could that she wasn't looking at her. Acting nonchalant while swallowing her saliva heavily. It felt like an eternity when she looked up and sighed in relief when she couldn't spot the familiar figure near the bar anymore.

With great caution, she scanned the whole room, examining the dimly lit place as far as her eyes could see. She saw her not too far yet not too close from where she sat. Seulgi mentally patted her back when she chose this spot where she could easily be concealed by shadows and inconspicuous as possible.

Unlike her entrance, she wasn't alone now. Seulgi's brows pinched at the sight of Irene talking to some unfamiliar guy and she was nodding from time to time. Her hand held a cocktail glass, twirling the contents slightly as her head was inclined towards him, seemingly interested more at his lips than his words.

Seulgi bit the insides of her cheek. 
The emotions she was trying to suppress flurried inside her like a strong gust of wind that it took her breath away. She could feel her anger bubbling and she was seething at the sight.

It was unfair, she thought. Because while she was having a difficult time dealing with what happened, the cause of it all was having fun and unconcerned from yesterday's events.

Despite knowing Irene Bae for many years, it was the first time Seulgi realized the truth despite it blatantly staring her in the eye.

The devil truly has no heart nor a conscience.

Because Irene Bae really gives no , at all.

So Seulgi decided to just draw her as what she was and not the goddess everyone believes her to be. She crumpled the napkin she was doodling on and stretched out a new one.

She didn't need to look at her to draw her face or figure where her mole was placed. From all the years she's seen her, sneered and ridiculed her and all the memories she had with her, she knew Irene like the back of her hand.

Seulgi was again lost in her own angry bubble when someone unceremoniously plopped on the chair beside her. She snapped her attention towards the intruder and she was greeted by a small grin and a pretty face.

"Yo," she said while casually taking a sip from Seulgi's drink. Her brows arched in disgust and her eyes squinted in the dark, "What the hell is this? That's already watered down. Ugh. I need something stronger. Like really strong."

She called for one of the attendants and told him what she wanted. When she was finished, he dashed off somewhere while Seulgi could only stare with agape.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter