The Reason

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her muscles ached and her whole body was taut when she stretched her arms from where she sat. She held back a moan when her bones popped and the muscles in her body momentarily relaxed. She positioned her hands infront of her, her head resting on top of it while her eyes fluttered close.

The silence was comforting and Seulgi basked in it while her body relaxes on her seat.

"Damn, that was a loud one."

She sighed as her small bubble of peace was ruined with her voice. She straightened her posture again and lazily looked at her. "I know."

"What happened? You look... bad."

She rolled her eyes, "Well, I'm sorry I'm not as pretty as you despite staying up until who knows what time."

Jisoo only chuckled at Seulgi's litany but her expression soured soon after. Seulgi saw the shift in her mood and rolled her eyes again. She wasn't in the mood to listen to her long sermon about her belief.

"I swear Seulgi, you're-"

She quickly cut her off by dismissing her with a wave of her hand. "Shut up and let me focus on this please." She said while motioning to her almost finished plates.

Jisoo only shook her head in disbelief and leaned on her chair. "That's like due 'til the end of the month and you're almost done with it."

Seulgi smiled proudly. Art has always been her passion and taking architecture has fueled her love for it more. She was confident in this area and finds peace while working on something she could create and control. Unlike her talent in dancing which she has kept as a secret, in her department she was known for having skilled hands and the professors praise for her magnificent designs.

"I've got nothing else to do." She said while checking if her measurements were correct and colors match with each other. She started scrutinizing her own work, looking for minor mistakes that could cost her grades to slightly slip from its general average (which was one of the highest amongst their batch but Seulgi likes to downplay her creativity and artistry.)

Jisoo could only nod and went back to reading her history book which had nothing to do with their course or assignments.

She was always an odd one, Seulgi noted. Her fascination with history and literature was like how Seulgi loved sketching and dancing, but unlike her who took the course that was based on one of her interests, Jisoo chose to stray away from it.

She asked her reason about not taking history or literature instead and the violet haired girl could only shrug in response and meekly said, "I just don't want to make it  a job or something that would make me hate it for the rest of my life. Monetizing my interest isn't what I want to do. If I ever go bored or tired of it, then what will I become?"

She smiled at that, realizing how mature the girl she grew up with now. Jisoo wasn't like the little kid who constantly tried to protect her while being bullied or the one who cried while Seulgi scraped her knees. She wasn't like the one who pushed her enemies away despite being the smallest during their younger years. Jisoo became such a wonderful lady with a kind heart.

"You're smiling weirdly." Jisoo noted which made Seulgi look at her. Jisoo was grinning from ear to ear when she added, "Did something good happen when you texted me that night at five in the morning?"

Seulgi widened her eyes and looked around the small library and her heart quickened when she saw the ones closer to their table gave them a look.

"Jisoo, shut up!" She hissed, dangerously low. She prayed that Irene and her group that was not too far from them wouldn't hear any of what Jisoo was saying.

It shouldn't matter to Seulgi because after that night, Irene returned back to normal who pretends that Seulgi doesn't exist and no more weird smiles aimed at her. She knew Irene didn't remember anything because if she did, her hands must've been on Seulgi's neck the day after, mumbling threats and crushing her wind pipe while still looking perfect and angelic.

But she couldn't stop worrying. Even Irene couldn't remember a thing, it was Seulgi who wanted to forget and bringing it up would result to nothing good on her side (but probably on both sides).

And she had the reason to worry because despite being tables away from them, with Jisoo's loud voice and obnoxious laugh it would be no doubt that whatever she'll say would reach their ears.

"What? Why?" She asked goofily while poking her sides. "Did som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter