how to apply

TOSS TO ME! BUT NOT TO MY FACE! — APPLY OPEN!
how to apply
 
 
here is the cheatsheet,  i suggest referring to this page as you fill out your application as it'll be helpful. there are also notes on the application itself so make sure you read and check over everything before you turn it in! 
 
general info
 
 
— all students will be attending karasuno high school currently. your character is not able to move to another school midway in the story since the whole purpose of this story is to also help promote the school's volleyball club.
— the grade of your character can be any grade (first to third year), also include what class they're in (for karasuno it'd be either class 1-5)
— you'll have to do this same thing for your love interest's profile, i suggest looking for x character's profile (i got mine off of google images, it's usually in the manga). some of the profiles that i saw didn't have a translation for them, but i'm pretty sure it's on their wikia page,, if the image is still in japanese, i'll be more than happy to help translate it for you guys
— for your character please have your height and weight at a healthy + reasonable value!!
— for the ethnicity portion for your character, i'll allow any ethnicity :)
— languages, max of three. you must state how they learned x language and their fluency in it! must include japanese (for obvious reasons lol)
 
faceclaims and appearance
 
 
— this is an anime applyfic, so we will be using animes for faceclaims!
— in the appearance section of your application, please please be detailed if you're going to change their apperance!
— example, if the character's hair is like purple but you would like your character's hair to be like pink, state that in the apperance! also state if it's a dark or light shade of the color
serinuma kae from kiss him, not me is taken as a faceclaim
 
personality and background
 
 
— i require 3 negative and 3 positive personality traits for your characters; no goodie two shoes/mary sues
— instead of traditionally writing out the description of their personality, write a short scenario of your character displaying that trait. you guys can also mix the traits as well (ex: writing a scenario for traits obnoxious and lazy). 
you do not need to write scenarios for all of the traits you have; just the ones that you feel like you may need to elaborate more on (if that makes sense???)
— for the background, this is more or less a crackfic (ish), so a really sad background isn't necessary but you guys can give your character that if you want. a super duper long background for your character also isn't necessary, just include information that is relevant to your character when i write the story!
what i mean to say is that a whole biography is not necessary. 
 
relationships and love interest
 
 
— collabs for your relationship section are allowed but keep in mind, if your character is chosen in the end that does not mean the character you collab with will not guarantee if they're also in!
— include my character in the app, also include interactions and all that!
— for love interest, anyone is allowed. and i mean like anyone
— we will be romancing characters from haikyuu only, so like they can't be from another sports anime (like free iwatobi swim club lmaooo)
— they can be from karasuno or another school, though it may be hard just bc if their school is really far then there might be some issues (you know what im saying???), but since i really want to write about us girls simping for these boys, i'm honestly open towards anything
— but if they're a student at a different school, please be very detailed on how you and your love interest met!
— also, please be detailed with interactions and their whole love story (you guys can also include struggles of dating and all that jazz <3)
farmer volleyball boy ushijima wakatoshi is taken as a love interest
— i'll accept any of the characters up until season 4! so characters from inarizaki is okay, sakusa kiyomi is also okay as a love interest too! lowkey iffy about johzenji students being a love interest bc they were lowkey only there for a few episodes..... lol 
— you guys will definitely have to elaborate all of their personality traits though when you do their personality section; mixing traits for one scenario is okay! 
 
interview
 
 
— please answer these quetions in your character's point of view!
— you guys can honestly have fun with this part when you're answering the questions :)
 
regarding the application / other notes
 
 
— you guys can change the color of your app and customize to your choice  #E3E3E3  is used for the gray background
— make sure you scroll on top of the images for your character and their love interest, there is information on there that you will have to fill out! 
— changing images okay, i lowkey admit that i kinda made this app more complex than necessary but like it is what it is lol; you guys will HAVE to go into the code to change the images
— for your character look in the source code and look for the alternative title, faceclaim character picture,  i put for the image title — you guys can also just search in the source code (using command f for mac, idk what it is for other systems ahh sorry) and the line you have to look for is: https://66.media.tumblr.com/c3226f58707b7f075056e5e6ad2977cf/e5b2d9f38b1a8707-14/s640x960/fc82f37282142ebf508edb0a8a42ea1616b5fb3b.jpg (this would be next to alt="faceclaim character picture" src=) once you found that you can replace that with with your image.
for your love interest look in the code for image alt title, love int character picture, and for that src replace yours with the one that's already in there!
 — ofc, if you guys need help with this, i'll help you just comment/dm me!
— you guys can add anything to your app to (to help customize it), it's just that you guys might have to fix up the code later if you guys choose to do something fancy btw
 
turn in, password, source
 
 
— here are the links to everything: turn in, source code, my character / example
— password is the applicant's favorite character.