Mine

Wishes in Your Eyes

Gushing, Namjoo seemed to shrink. Drawing into herself, because…she didn’t know how to explain it. All her insides were turning into mush. Feeling so fuzzy. Every nerve cell tingling. Senses heightening. From Sehun so close. Pressed into her. A hand firmly on her waist, the length of his fingers reaching to her back just above her behind. The other cradling her jaw, part of her neck. So cautiously like she was some ceramic doll he had to handle carefully.

This was real. And he wanted to be hers.

Namjoo couldn’t look at him. Meet his eyes. Read the message there. See how serious he was about this.

Her.

Stupidly gulping, Namjoo felt her head bob up an inch from the beckoning of his head. Tasting the warm of his breath as he leaned in again, to kiss her.

Her eyes shuttered close and invited him to become hers.

※※※※※

He was somewhat sad when Namjoo wanted to leave. Shower she said and change. Do it here he had bargained. She may as well borrow his clothes. Of course, he wouldn’t mind. A part of him always ersely wanted to see her in his clothes. Just to see how they would hang off her figure; how cute she’d come off and also y.

Now, the thought was more triggering than anticipated. One day he thought.

Sehun waved to red faced Namjoo from the doorway. Watching her scamper off now that the coast was clear. The other mothers tending to chores inside their own homes or gone out to meet friends for tea, run errands, something. He didn’t care.

Sehun mulled over the distinct way Namjoo fit exactly into his arms. Curving into him. Tasting just right for him. She met all expectations he ever had of her.

Namjoo probably didn’t know she was his first wet dream. Or how he always carried around a sweater for her. Waiting for her to steal it from him. Counting down the seconds till she reached his front door to sit with him on his doorstep. The first time he realized how romantic it was to share the view of a night sky with her. Share a bowl of ice cream and think to himself this is an indirect kiss.

Until he kissed her last night.

Regrettably closing the door Sehun sighed at the silence. Left alone now. But he was satisfied with what he got.

Heading into Seulbi’s room he stripped the sheets. Replaying last night’s sweetness and laughing to himself.

Throwing the sheets and pillow cover into the washer he headed out to buy another set. Pondering over buying female necessities in the event should Namjoo need to shower at his place. Strolling through the bedding aisle he smirked, thinking he may need to prepare more than that for her.

Soon he should also start getting close with some of the mothers. He most likely would need a babysitter for Seulbi. Maybe his daughter could even sleepover with a friend. Sehun was eager for some privacy.

The thought shattered when something slammed into his hand. Letting go of the cart he shook his painfully throbbing hand. Shooting the perpetrator a glare. Stare transitioning sternly when he recognized Haewon.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she disdainfully apologized. Her face was cut up. Bruised. Instantly he pictured the cut on Namjoo’s face.

“Looks like you lost big time,” Sehun jeered.

It was her turn to glare.

“Pity,” he continuing picking at her, “looks like it’s going to scar. What are you going to do Haewon?”

Her expression turned menacing. Sehun thought she might claw him with her freakishly coffin manicure. Never understanding how she got done with such extensive nails. But then she had never been a mother or his wife.

Sehun thought about Namjoo again and longed for her deeply. Though they’d spent a good fraction of the night together and intimately, he wished she was at home waiting for him. He would go into her arms and stay there until Seulbi came home, where one day Miss Namjoo could become more than just Miss.

He would like that.

Seulbi would probably love it.

Have someone there for her. A female figure to lead her in ways a father couldn’t. Things he couldn’t do, Namjoo would do better. And Seulbi would grow up having a woman, a mother to lean on.

“What I’m going to do is take my daughter with me.” Haewon held her head mightily. “You came here for that , didn’t you?”

Sehun grit his teeth. He didn’t think Haewon would have figured it out.

It was her voice that darkened. “What? You thought by giving her our money, you could her and make her my daughter’s mom?”

His lower jaw literally trembled, because he was angry she was speaking about Namjoo in such a derogative manner.

“That was not your money.” Sehun stiffly stated.

“Get this, Sehun, and listen very carefully,” Haewon stepped closer, leaning up to speak into his ear, “I’m going to take my daughter. I’m going to prove to the court that you’re not fit to be a father. Why? Because you’re using our daughter to sleep around with a teacher, and I’ll have that incriminated.”

“You can’t do that!” He hissed.

“She took your money, didn’t she?” Haewon moved back.

“The money was all you. You can’t manipulate the court. My parents are proof.”

Slyly smiling, “My little girl’s daddy whose been having an affair since she was a baby. Oh, Sehun, do you really think I threw away all your love letters? If I happen to just pull it out magically, how much that would hurt you.”

His brow twitched. He feared it wasn’t Haewon who was clawing him, but he who might strangle her in the department store.

“Evidence baby,” Haewon winked. “Who’s the loser now?”

Giggling, Haewon disappeared down the aisle. Sehun was tempted to chase her tail and plead for her not to do him dirty. But he stood fuming. Paced even harder when he got home. Worrying over Haewon airing his life for show. Hurting Namjoo in the process.

She wasn’t even a part of this mad circus!

He just…he just always loved her so much. He had missed her gravely all those years, but Sehun knew better. The law didn’t operate on emotions or sympathy. It went by facts. He had indeed written letters he never sent. Namjoo’s name etched on every piece of paper.

It could really come off as a long-lasting affair between him and Namjoo.

A child like Seulbi could not decide who she wanted to live with. The court would send her to be with her mother or she could be sent back and forth between them. That would hurt her growing up. And Sehun didn’t trust Haewon. She was not parent material!

He wanted to yank out his hair!

Mid afternoon when Seulbi came running, calling out, “Daddy!” inflating the love in his heart, he immediately swept her up. Hugging her tightly. Unable to imagine losing her.

“Did you have fun today?” Sehun carried her home.

“Mmm!” she ecstatically nodded. “Where Miss Namjoo?”

“She went home.”

“Why?”

Tapping her nose, he said, “Because daddy misses you!”

Shrinking away Seulbi happily giggled. Abruptly leaping forward, she hugged him, wrapping those tiny arms around him, settling the weight of her head on his shoulder. “I miss you, daddy.”

He rubbed her head, “Me, too.”

Shoving his worries aside, he spent a good portion of the rest of the day with Seulbi. Letting her cook and pulling over a chair for her to stand on to wash dishes with him. Watched her tablet together and then playing games on it. Until he bathed her and calmed down for the night.

As he lay on the bed, he wished Namjoo was next to him. To spoon or curl up with. If she hugged and assured him that everything would work out, his heart would stop agonizing over Haewon’s threats.

“Daddy no sleep?” Seulbi glanced over at him.

“Not yet.” he replied.

“Why?” Hugging her bunny, she stared.

The yearning was so heavy it was hard to breathe. He missed Namjoo despite Haewon’s warnings.

“Seulbi,” Sehun said, “do you think you can try sleeping by yourself?”

※※※※※

Jumping into the shower was the first thing Namjoo did upon returning to the apartment. Flying past the shoes cluttered at the front door, dismissing the fact that Chaeri’s was still there. The rain of water was refreshing. She inhaled at being cleansed.

Clamored in a mix of her and Sehun’s sweat the entire morning was not pleasing. Definitely not after an intense night. in air Namjoo hung her head. Wallowing in huge embarrassment and also happiness. Remembering the ways Sehun had touched her last night was heart pounding.

After scrubbing herself clean, Namjoo threw on a new change of clothes. Resorting to lounging the rest of the day. Early evening Chaeri finally returned home carrying a six pack and bag full of chips. The friend glanced at her once then elsewhere.

Finally, “Want to drink together?”

Joining her at the table, Namjoo waited for the friend to pop a glass open, hand it over. Next a bag of chips.

Clasping the neck of the bottle between her hands, Chaeri spun it back and forth. First saying nothing. Just studying the tabletop where blurs of ceiling light glowed in bright dots.

“I admit, between us I’m the more jealous one.” Chaeri confessed. “I really hate it that Chanyeol chose you. He likes you so much, you know. I couldn’t help but throw a fit. I know it sounds stupid and it was childish, but I really want him to like me.”

This was the part where nothing she said could be consoling enough. Telling her friend she didn’t have romantic feelings for Chanyeol wouldn’t help. That was only a cheap bandage for an injured heart. Apologizing for being the source of Chanyeol’s admiration only reminded her friend it was she he liked.

Namjoo could only really remind Chaeri, “You deserve better.” Ditching her drink, she slid into the seat next to her, wrapping an arm around her friend. Comforting, “Someday you’ll meet someone who truly appreciates you.”

It was all she could honestly offer besides a shoulder to cry on.

The cut on her face was closing by morning. Soon to scab and turn ugly. Then it would disappear within next week hopefully. Arriving early to work a bunch of rowdy kids surrounded her, curious where she’d been yesterday.

“Did you puke?!” One of them asked before the rest giggled.

A knock on the door interrupted. A delivery man poked his head inside the chaotic room, calling, “Is there a Kim Namjoo here?”

Raising her hand, Namjoo said, “That’s me.” Weaving through the kids toward the door, she asked, “What is it?”

“Flowers, ma’am.” He handed her a square pot with engravings. A mixture of pink and white roses with added baby breaths grew out of it beautifully. Behind her the kids gathered oohing and ahhing. A pretty white note was folded securely between the folds of the flowers.

“Is it from your boyfriend?” A boy laughed.

“Miss Namjoo has a boyfriend!”

“Shh!” She turned around. Clutching the pot carefully Namjoo walked back inside. Tiny hands tugged on her pants.

Big eyed Seulbi stared up at her, “From daddy?”

Namjoo’s mouth parted. “I’m…not sure.”

Seulbi blinked. “Why your face hurt?”

Instinctively touching the cut on her cheek, Namjoo excused, “Miss Namjoo was clumsy and fell.”

“Owie,” Seulbi cooed. She beckoned with her tiny hand. Confused, Namjoo crouched down assuming she wanted to quietly share something. Instead, Seulbi gave her hurt cheek a peck. “I make it better, Miss Namjoo.”

Cutely beaming with a smile Namjoo laughed. She was the one surprised. Touched by Seulbi’s antic. Melting because Sehun’s daughter was so sweet at her age.

Plucking a rose, Namjoo handed it to Seulbi. “Thanks, Seulbi. I feel all better now.”

The little girl gasped excited. Hopping from foot to foot. “I love it, Miss Namjoo!”

When she ran off to put it in her backpack, Namjoo pulled out the note.

Will you receive my heart? – Chanyeol

Glum that it wasn’t from who she expected, Namjoo tucked the note back into the flowers.

At the end of the day, Namjoo pondered over when to see Chanyeol; how to clarify to him that she wasn’t interested. There would be no other nights between them anymore. She was in a relationship now.

Once the bus was cleared of kids, Namjoo smiled at Sehun.

“Daddy!” Seulbi dashed toward him happily. “Look!”

Waving the rose at him, he asked, “Oh? What’s that? A flower?”

Nodding erratically, Seulbi explained, “Miss Namjoo gave me! It’s pwetty!”

“Yes, it is. Did you thank her?” Sehun asked. Seulbi nodded. He rubbed her head affectionately. To her he inquired, “So, where are the flowers?”

“Oh…uh…” Uneasily fiddling with her fingers, Namjoo said, “At school.” Sehun raised his brow. “Actually, Chanyeol sent the flowers.”

“Who?!” He snapped frowning.

Seulbi jerked, glancing up at him surprised. Settling a hand on her head he made extra effort to gently smile at her.

“It’s nothing serious,” Namjoo tried. “They’re just flowers. That’s it.”

“Flowers mean I love you. Don’t you get the message?” Sehun hissed.

“Flowers don’t always mean that.” Namjoo reasoned.

“In this scenario it does,” he blatantly stated. “Throw them away.”

Namjoo opened to retaliate. Thinking better she didn’t. “Fine, ok. Don’t get so worked up.”

“I am worked up,” he came off angrily. “You don’t know why?”

Namjoo stared at him.

“Because you’re mine, and only I’m allowed to touch you.” Sehun declared.

Scoffing loudly, Namjoo crossed her arms. Totally mocking, “I am so sorry for stabbing your ego.”

Glowering at her, Sehun grabbed her hand forcing her arms to drop. “Don’t get smart with me. I’m warning you.”

“I’m warning you,” she jeered.

Pulling her along, Sehun narrowed his eyes at her. “You have your teacher ID?”

“Why?”

“Because we’re getting ice cream and I want a discount.” Sehun explained cutting across the street with her.

“You’re such a jerk.” Namjoo mumbled.

Shooting a quick glance at his daughter, Sehun gave her cheek a peck. “You know it.”

Arriving at the sweet shop they let Seulbi choose her pick. They’d share a bowl just like old times. Deciding on a window seat they slid next to each other with Seulbi situated across from them. Sitting closely, letting their legs brush. Discreetly wrapping an arm around her where his hand settled on the low of her hip, they dug into their sundae.

“So,” Sehun quietly started, “Seulbi’s going to start sleeping alone.”

“I thought she was scared of sleeping by herself.”

He shook his head. “I’m just a protective father.”

“I’m sure you are.” Namjoo broke down her side of ice cream and ate a scoop.

“Then, you don’t think it’s a good idea?” Sehun asked.

“Why are you asking me? She’s your daughter.” Namjoo frowned.

Sehun grinned mischievously. Namjoo couldn’t figure him out. “Then I’ll be sleeping alone.”

“So?” Shrugging, she went on, “Why does that matter?”

Her shoulders curled up when he dug his fingers into her waist. Namjoo shrugged him away wide eyed.

“Come over.” He said.

Namjoo choked on her ice cream. Seulbi glanced at her surprised. Awkwardly smiling at her Namjoo wheeled around to Sehun.

“Come sleep with me.” Sehun told.

“Tonight?!” She nearly shouted.

Laughing amused, he said, “Come whenever. Tonight’s good, too.”

“Are you out of your mind?” Namjoo asked.

“Actually, I’m not.” Sehun said. Teasingly lowering his eyes, he quietly asked, “Why? Is it because you’re not wearing a good choice of you know what.”

Namjoo elbowed him. Sehun just burst out with happy laughter.

Looking at her dazed, he traced a hand hypnotically across her hairline. “You’re pretty.”

Her heart sledge hammered into her ribs. Namjoo reddened when Seulbi giggled. Straightening, Namjoo slapped his hand away.

“Stop it. Aren’t you embarrassed?” Namjoo asked.

“No.” He shamelessly answered. Sharing a smirk with Seulbi, he said, “Because we like Miss Namjoo, right?”

Seulbi speedily nodded her head. Saying, “I kiss Miss Namjoo today.”

Namjoo wanted to facepalm herself when Sehun gasped acting offended. “No! How could you?!”

Smacking his hands around her face he gave her forehead a quick peck. Yelping, Namjoo swiped off the stickiness.

“See that, Seulbi! Daddy won.” Sehun cheered. In reply, Seulbi screeched and covered her eyes.

Namjoo was never going to win against them.