Let's

Wishes in Your Eyes

※※※※※

Sehun was alone when he woke up. The sheets tangled around him, half of it spilling off the bed. Burying his head into the mattress he sighed.

The pile of Namjoo’s clothes were gone. Slipping back into his sweats and t-shirt, Sehun rearranged the bed. Left the bedroom and checked in on Seulbi who was sound asleep. Curled up like a kitten, the rag bunny not far away. Carefully closing the door, he continued down the hall.

Coming to a halt when he spotted Namjoo in the kitchen. The smell of coffee permeated the air like a hypnotic lull.

Sinking in the sight of her as his heart quivered. Happiness flooded through his veins.

Striding forward, decreasing the space yawning between them. His hand touched her waist. Yelping shocked the spoon in her hand clattered onto the countertop. Spinning around Namjoo bumped into the drawer.

Drunkenly smiling, Sehun slid his arms around her. Plastering a hand against his chest in an attempt to push him away, Namjoo said, “Stop.”

But he slid his arms further around her, palming her back, and urging her closer. Their torsos brushed. Namjoo turned her head sideways to avoid his gleaming eyes.

He had imagined this. Pictured this many times before. Cuddling Namjoo. Hugging her. That one day Namjoo wouldn’t laugh it off anymore when someone asked if they were dating. Instead, she’d straight up say, “Yes, we are.” And he would no longer have to hide his disappointment, pretend to laugh with her.

“Don’t tell me,” he teased, “you’re embarrassed?”

The corner of his lips sharpened.

“Shut up, I’m not.” Namjoo stiffly refuted.

“Then why aren’t you looking at me?” Sehun kept at it. Tugging her again and again.

“Stop.” She whined trying to shrivel away.

Breathlessly laughing, Sehun buried his face into her neck. Dwelling in the warmth of her body. Smelling her. Intoxicated by the aroma of bliss.

“I chose you first. You were and are still always number one.” Sehun readjusted his arms around her to hold her firmly, not too tightly. “Ok?”

Closing his eyes, he sunk into her. The solace of Namjoo’s presence. The reality of the moment.

Namjoo neither moved nor pushed him off. He felt the movement of her chest as she breathed. Heard the beating of her heart.

Then Namjoo abruptly shoved him off forcefully. Straightening, shocked. “Hi, Seulbi.”

He turned around to find his daughter staring up at them bug eyed. Shockingly he hadn’t heard his daughter toddling into the kitchen.

Cocking her head, she asked, “Daddy?”

“You woke up?” Sehun picked her up, shaking her playfully in his arms. She giggled joyously. “Let’s go wash up.” Glancing back at Namjoo, he said, “I’ll be back.”

Setting Seulbi onto the ground when they reached the bathroom, she asked, “Why Miss Namjoo in our home?”

“Miss Namjoo,” his gaze shot to the ceiling searching for an answer, “came to eat with us.”

“Why?” Seulbi innocently probed.

“Because,” he searched for an explanation that would stop her from inquiring more, “she and daddy have business together.”

“Why?” her eyes seemed to him in, as if pressuring him for the truth.

“It’s adult stuff.” Sehun finished. “Now brush your teeth.”

“Oh…” she giggled.

After completing their morning routine, Seulbi toddled down the hallway. Gleefully laughing into the kitchen. “Miss Namjoo! Miss Namjoo!”

Stopping a width away from Namjoo who was drinking coffee, Seulbi stared up at her. Namjoo shifted uncomfortably. Sehun enjoyed the sight of her discomfort. Having been found out by his daughter in their house early morning, what kind of excuse would she give a four-year-old?

“Eating with me?” Seulbi asked.

“Oh no,” Namjoo shook her head. “I have to go. Sorry, Seulbi.”

Seulbi stared at her in silence then deciding Namjoo hadn’t understood, she glanced back to him for help.

“You can’t stay for breakfast?” Sehun asked. “Seulbi wants to eat with you.”

On que, his daughter swiveled back to Namjoo. Waiting expectantly. Sehun fought to withhold the coming smile as Namjoo struggled to reject his daughter.

“Pwease?” That was the last draw.

Surrendering, Namjoo said, “Ok. I’ll stay.”

“Yay! Yay!” Seulbi hopped around excitedly.

After getting Namjoo to help settle Seulbi at the table, he dug out a pan and proceeded with breakfast. A minute or two later and Namjoo popped up at his side, whispering, “I’m not staying any longer than breakfast.”

“You won’t make it out before the mothers catch you leaving my house.” Sehun pointed out.

A brow twitched. Namjoo coming to an understanding what she’d gotten herself into. His trickery of breakfast to make her stay longer.

“You’re devious!” She hissed.

Sehun laughed. Playfully leaning closer, he said, “Don’t worry, you won’t be alone.”

Sliding back into position he eyed her mischievously. Namjoo huffed at him as she backed away to sit with Seulbi.

“You should make that call. Take a sick leave.” Sehun told.

Plating their meals, he sat with them and ate. Purposefully sitting in front of Namjoo. Poking fun at her. The entire time Seulbi glanced at him to Namjoo curiously. Grinning to herself when he looked at her.

After breakfast, he dressed Seulbi. On the way out saying, “Rest, I’ll be back.

Sehun trusted Namjoo would still be at his place by the time he returned. She was a person of her word.

“Daddy tell Miss Namjoo?” Seulbi trotted beside him.

“Tell what?” he asked.

“Daddy likes Miss Namjoo, silly.” She cracked up.

“Daddy told her.” Sehun replied. “What do you think?”

“Mmm…” Seulbi tapped a tiny finger against her chin. She jumped with the answer, “Ok!”

“Ok what?” Sehun grinned.

“I like Miss Namjoo too!” Seulbi exclaimed hopping next to him now.

Sehun gasped. “You can’t. Daddy likes her.”

Seulbi curled up as if the laughter was too much for her tiny body. “No! Me too! Me too!”

“No way! Are you going to fight daddy for Miss Namjoo?”

Seulbi shrieked with giggles. The familiar bus strolled past. Swinging Seulbi up into his arms he ran toward the crowd of mothers, reaching just as the bus braked. Waving to his daughter once she climbed on and the bus drove away. Today, he felt high on clouds. Body so feathery light, the air so crisp and clean. The sun was breaking through the clouds shining a gold light over him. A sign that he was the chosen one today.

Heaving a sigh, he returned to the parking lot and drove off to the convenience store to buy medical balm and some necessities.

Namjoo’s vehicle was still in the parking lot when he returned about half an hour later. Snatching the white bag of his purchases, he headed inside expecting to hear the television running. It was quiet.

Slipping his shoes off he stepped deeper into the house. Peering into the hallway wondering if Namjoo was hiding somewhere, preparing to pounce and frighten him. Sehun decided the hallway, but paused after two steps. Spotting a blob from the corner of his eye, he stretched forward to catch Namjoo asleep on the couch.

Tilting his head beguiled. Approaching, he placed the bag onto the center table cautiously so the plastic wouldn’t rustle. Sitting at the edge he watched her. Dazzled from the mere sight of her.

Kim Namjoo who had come last night. Throwing a fit of rage at him. Who knew, that his proposition of marriage still held?

Sensing him Namjoo stirred. Sleepily her eyes fluttered open. Blinking several times. Suddenly jolting up surprised once recognizing him.

Baffled, he asked, “What? Think I’m going to jump you?”

Then the idea hit. Leaping forward he slammed her back down.

Grunting, Namjoo pushed against him. “Sehun!”

Sehun chuckled thrilled. Namjoo persistently wriggled under him. Guessing fun time was over he released her and rolled to sit at her side. Snatching the bag onto his lap, he went through it.

“Here,” he handed her a travel toothbrush in a plastic pouch. “You probably want to brush your teeth.”

Grabbing it from him, Namjoo began rising. Grasping her arm, he pulled her back down.

“I’m not done. Why are you in such a hurry?” Sehun asked.

“What?” Impatience vibrated from her.

“You’re not going to look at me?” Sehun pestered. “Seriously? Because we banged last night? Was I bad or something?”

Rapidly turning to him, she defensively declared, “I was drunk!”

He just smiled. Pretending to believe her. Squeezing some balm onto his finger he gently rubbed it over the cut on her cheek. “You weren’t. And I was wide awake.”

Sehun allowed his eyes to move from the cut to meet her eyes. Proving to her what happened was not on impulse. They had been consenting. Fulfilled even. As if they had been waiting for a cause in order to break free. Spent all their life walking aimlessly through a drought only to reach a vast lake of water with purple-green mountains in the distance and home on the other side.

A journey worth traveling, but should have been cut shorter.

“Are you ashamed?” Sehun asked. “It makes you cute.”

She swat his hand away gently. “Stop being cringy.”

Sehun laughed enamored.

Frowning at him, she questioned, “Why do you keep laughing?”

“Because I like you.” Sehun bluntly told. Namjoo turned away. Nostalgia and tepid warmth rained over him. “I always liked you, Namjoo. I get that I made an irreversible mistake, but I don’t regret having Seulbi. I promise I mean it when I said I really wanted to come for you. You don’t know how lonely I was without you.”

He hesitated before brushing her hair aside, skimming his thumb across her cheek.

Dropping his hand, he asked, “Namjoo.” He patiently waited for her to look at him. “Do you really hate me?”

“No.”

Lightly smiling, he said, “I knew it.”

Something crossed Namjoo’s face. She looked like she might laugh. Maybe she was just cheering up.

“I was hurt when I learned Seulbi was yours.” Namjoo’s voice dropped. “I thought, ‘Oh, so that’s why Sehun never came home. He fell in love and started a family. Our friendship doesn’t even matter anymore. I’m just a third party.’ So, I was upset and it was saddening. I didn’t even hear from you for a period of time. I just thought, he must be having so much fun out there. I didn’t want to intrude on your escapade just because my mother got tired of life here. It wasn’t sunshine and rainbows waiting for you, not knowing what lay at the end. I was walking through a tunnel for what reason I don’t know. Something stupid you said? I just gave up. Then bam, suddenly you’re back and it’s confusing.”

“I’m sorry, I took a long detour.” Sehun apologized. He touched her hair again. Tracing his hand up to very gently cup her face. “But Namjoo, I’m back and I want you to be mine.”

Holding her eyes Sehun smiled. Sending his sincerity through his look of love.

※※※※※

Namjoo was so embarrassed!

Recalling the way she had desperately clung onto Sehun when he kissed her. Coming off like she was deprived and really needed it.

Harder to wrap around her head that they had actually been together. Darn her!

Hearing a laugh from the doorway, Namjoo shot Sehun a stare. He’d followed her to the bathroom. Explaining where the toothbrush, the toilet, the sink was as if she was stupid when it was all there in front of her! Namjoo scrubbed her teeth furiously. Ignoring the man leaning against the threshold savoring the enjoyment of unnerving her.

“So,” Sehun started, “you like satin?”

Accidentally swallowing the foaming toothpaste, Namjoo coughed. Reddening, she clutched onto the edge of the sink spitting into the pit of it.

She shook from humiliation. Still coming to terms with the fact that he’d ed and taken her pants off.

“Shut up!” She snapped, the heat rushing to her face.

Laughing gleefully, he quickly crossed the space to her, cupped her face, and gave her a quick kiss. An avalanche of emotions tumbled through her when she looked up into his eyes. Seeing the glowing contentment there.

The serene smile on his face flustered her. Shy, Namjoo swallowed the remaining of the toothpaste.

Thinking yesterday they really had . She remembered everything. Especially every part of Sehun and how good it felt with him. They had transcended a level she never reached before. Nothing had crossed her mind when they kissed and locked eyes while their bodies shared a conversation.

And Sehun had felt so strong and nice. A kind of freedom she’d never been with before.

She inched back when Sehun leaned forward. “I still have toothpaste.”

“It’s ok.” His voice was so endearing, on a quiet level only she was privileged to hear.

His lips brushed hers. Namjoo quickly leaned away. “I want to wash my mouth first.”

“Then I’m going to catch you.” He meant it.

Namjoo whirled away. Turning the faucet on listening to her heart race. Cupping water in her hands and leading it to .

Was she ready? The kind of romantic relationship with Sehun. It was happening so naturally fast. Even if she had known him since forever. From a young boy to a man. Waiting for him because she missed him.

But on such an intimate level, enough to be lovers.

To be honest she didn’t know he’d always felt like that about her. From since when? How come she never noticed? Was Sehun just that good of an actor? Namjoo always assumed Sehun felt the same whenever someone wondered whether they were dating, and she denied laughing it off. Like, why would I like her? No way!

An entire lifetime he had said.

Namjoo never knew.

Never even guessed it.

Impatient, Sehun stretched an arm around her to turn the water off. Spinning her around he pinned her against the counter. She felt the length of his body press into her. Anticipation wound around her. Touching her face Sehun kissed her softly then with yearning.

Palming his shoulder, Namjoo drowsily kissed him then pushed him away. She couldn’t help it. Her chest bobbed as she stared at the door past his shoulder.

“What?” Sehun asked.

Haewon shot through her mind. Peering up at him, she wondered, “Did you do this with her, too?” His brow furrowed. Namjoo awkwardly pressed on, “I mean, did you also come onto her like this?”

His stare glazed coolly, almost too seriously. Namjoo was nervous. Hadn’t he and Haewon also progressed fast? Bed. Pregnancy. Seulbi.

Was she just another repeat history? Maybe they did have good , but it happened so fast. Then Sehun liked her and she didn’t know what to do with that information, even if she had clung onto his empty space until he returned.

“No.” he replied. “Driven by impulse is different than my heart controlling me.” A sheen of amusement slid through his eyes. “Why?” Sehun teased. “Are you afraid of getting pregnant?”

“No!” Namjoo shouted. She defended, “I have birth control!”

“Of course, you do.” Sehun said, as if he knew. Then for some reason looked irritated. “Let’s not talk about that.”

His hand moved lower, tugging her closer like that morning. Namjoo tried wriggling away, but couldn’t.

“I always wanted to kiss you.” Sehun confessed. “But you were my friend and you always laughed at the thought of us as an item, so I was afraid and didn’t have the courage. Namjoo, I’m not going to be afraid anymore. I’m going to grab onto you whether you laugh at me or not. I’m done waiting. Let’s date now.”


***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!