SpartAce: Pre-Marital Bliss Part 1: Getting Chuseok Blessings.

One Man with One Woman: Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day before Chuseok

Seoul, South Korea 

Jong Kook and Jihyo were at Jong Kook's apartment, preparing a meal for guests who were arriving very soon. 

"Oppa, is the galbi ready?" Jihyo asked. 

"It is." Jong Kook checked the meat and it was cooked perfectly. "How about the Doenjang-jjigae?"

"Almost. Just need to put in the tofu," Jihyo quickly added it to the soup. The two of them continued to cook until things were finally ready. Jihyo began to put the food on the table, then stopped. "Oppa, do you think they'll accept us?" She spoke with uncertainty.

Then the door rang. Jong Kook and Jihyo quickly put the food on the table in front of his TV and opened the door. "Omoni, abuji," He greeted his parents. "Come inside."

"Something smells good!" Jong Kook's mother smiled as she entered the house. Then she saw Jihyo. "Ommo! Jihyo-ssi! I didn't think I would see you here!" She nearly pranced and embraced Jihyo warmly.

"It's so nice to see you again," Jihyo smiled as she hugged the older woman.

"Yeobo, this is Jihyo, the one I've been telling you about," Hye Seon motioned her husband to come. 

Jong Kook's father nodded and held out his hands to hold hers. "It's finally good to meet you. This yeoja has been nagging me about the woman she wants as her daughter-in-law!"

"Yah!" Hye Seon slapped her husband's arm as Jihyo blushed.

"It's very nice to meet you as well, sir. Jong Kook-oppa has told me so many stories about you,"

"This boy has been painting an interesting picture of me ever since going on TV," Kim Joong soo grumbled, but smiled at Jihyo. "It is so good to see such a beautiful face. None of my sons are even as half as pretty as you are."

Jong Kook groaned, rubbing his forehead as Jihyo giggled. "Well, the dinner's ready. So let's eat before the food gets cold," He said. And all of them gathered around the table and began eating. Jihyo and Jong Kook handed the food in smaller plates for the older couple and joined in the eating. 

After the food was cleaned up, all of them were still at the table. 

"So, why have you called just the two of us here for dinner?" Joong Soo asked. 

Jihyo and Jong Kook looked at each other and held their hands together. "I...I asked Jihyo to marry me, and she said yes. We want to have your blessing."

Everything froze before Hye Seon lept in joy and clapped. "That's wonderful news! Oh I'm so happy for both of you! Has he given you a ring?" 

Jihyo nodded and flashed a beautiful gold and diamond ring on her hand. "Oh, that's a beautiful ring! I didn't know my son had such a good taste in rings!" Hye Seon gasped. 

"Well finally," Joong Soo crossed his arms but huffed with happiness. "I was wondering when you were going to give me grandkids so I don't have to worry about living until 200."

"Abuji..." Jong Kook frowned as Jihyo giggled. 

"Somehow I had a feeling that you two would come together," Hye Seon wiped the tears from her eyes. "So how did he finally propose?" She asked Jihyo.

Jihyo glanced at Jong Kook, who suddenly stared at the floor. "Actually...I proposed to him."

"Wait? What?" Joong Soo looked at his son. "You waited for her to propose?" The father gave his son a rather perplexed and disappointed look, one that Jong Kook saw so many time when he was a child.

"I was planning to! She just beat me to it," Jong Kook stammered. He had the entire thing planned to. He was going to do it on their trip to LA, but after their Running Main Fan Meeting in Macau , Jihyo pulled him to the side and asked him to marry him because she was tired to waiting for him to do it. Of course he accepted. But he still planned to propose when they went to LA, but that's story for another time. 

"What kind of a man waits for a woman to propose? I'm assuming she'll be the groom, and you'll be the bride?" Joong Soo chuckled, and his wife smacked his arm. 

Jihyo giggled. "Well, I wouldn't mind that. Would you, jagiya?" She elbowed Jong Kook's ribs, and he merely sighed. "What? I'm already wearing the pants in this relationship." She huffed.

"Why am I not surprised by that?" Joong Soo snorted. "My son is like a daughter in our family." Everybody laughed, much to Jong Kook's embarrassment. "So, are you bringing her to this year's Chuseok?"

"No. This year, I'll be going to Jihyo's to ask for their blessing. If you don't mind...." Jong Kook asked his parents rather sensitively. This would be the first time since he came back from the military that he missed their family trip to Anyang. 

Joong Soo frowned. This obviously was not the perfect case, but his younger son was getting married, which is miraculous. So he looked at his wife and slowly nodded.

"That's fine. Jong Myeong will take us this time, so don't worry." Hye Seon nodded. "Chuseok is important, but I feel like your situation is more urgent!"

Joong Soo snorted and crossed his arms. "Agreed. Normally I wouldn't allow it, but seriously. If you missed this chance, then when would you ever get married? But you better promise us that you'll come back with good news."

"We will, sir," Jihyo bowed her head.

"And from now on, call me abuji," Jong Kook's father reached and grabbed his hopeful daughter-in-law's hand. 

"And called me omoni," Hyo Seon grabbed her other hand. 

Chuseok, Pohang

Very early that morning, Jong Kook and Jihyo drove to Pohang to see her parents for Chuseok. Jong Kook met her parents a few times before, far less than when Jihyo met his mother. And the fact that he didn't even properly propose to Jihyo made him even more nervous.

He gripped the car wheel tighter, which Jihyo notice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter