SpartAce: Marital Bliss Part 3. My Daughters Make Me Speechless.

One Man with One Woman: Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Written by Dabinchoi and ChaosBringer

What if Jong Kook's daughters had his vocal talent? Initially I thought only one daughter should have the singing talent, but I thought that would totally take the attention from the other two. 

Jong Kook had always suspected that his voice was not hereditary. Neither his parents nor his brother had singing abilities, and nobody else, except for his niece Soya, who was now an accomplished soloist and opera singer in her own right, showed any special singing skills. In fact, he thought his voice came from when he accidentally downed a bottle of mosquito poison when he was a child.

But when he heard his 5-year-old daughters singing, he didn't know how wrong he really was. The first time he heard his daughters singing was when they were practicing for a friend's birthday party. The first time they sang, they were just repeating the words. But the more they practiced, the more they added their own unique flavor. Jihyo helped them by playing several YouTube videos for them, which the girls imitated and then practice. The end result was a beautiful acapella unlike anything Jong Kook had heard before. 

Jangmi had a powerful vocal power practically unheard of in a child her age. The closest approximation Jong Kook could put on was Ailee, who could make anybody excited and invigorated.

Miyo could hit high notes that seemed to defy age just like Jang Mi, but in a different way. If Jangmi's voice had power, Miyo's voice had the edge. Hearing it was refreshing. 

Yumi had a uniquely soothing, husky voice similar to their father's. While she lacked the vocal power that her sisters' had, they had a unique tone that seemed to hit the theta wavelength. Almost hypnotizing, Yumi's voice entranced anyone who heard it. 

After the birthday party, they sang for a school play, and a parent posted it online. That video received so many hits that reporters and journalists came to the school. Only to find that the girls' father was one of the greatest solo artists in Korea. From that one video, his daughters gained a huge fan following. On a fan-made instagram account alone they had more than 12 million followers. It was so much so that several TV networks and movie ceremonies requested Jong Kook and Jihyo for their daughters to sing with them during their award ceremony; not to mention the entertainment companies that wanted to induct them as trainees. 

All of which the parents refused immediately. 

To state again, Jong Kook and Jihyo were very private about their family life. They refused shows such as Return of Superman so that they could raise their family in peace, even though the shows' production promised huge sums of money. And raising four children on top of being a TV family seemed to overcomplicate so many things. Not to mention, the parents knew how toxic the entertainment industry could be. There was no way that they would allow their children to face that! There were already some people who accused the girls of using Auto-Tune.

And that was the straw that broke the camel's back for Jihyo. She decided to home-school the children for a while until things calmed down. The mother even considered moving out of Pohang to Anyang to avoid the sudden rise in fame. The girls were, of course, angry and sad that they couldn't see their friends. 

Jong Kook didn't know what to do, so he decided to call on one person he could trust on the matter. And several days later, Jong Kook was opening the door to none other than Yoo Jae Suk.

"Hey, hyung," Jong Kook grunted. "Thanks for coming on such a short notice."

Jaesuk sighed. "Hey, anything for family, right? Especially since it's been months since we saw each other. You should really try to contact others. We haven't seen each other since Jaemin was born."

Jong Kook smiled wryly. "I know. Come in." Jong Kook commented and allowed Jaesuk into his house. 

The Nation's MC walked into the huge house with an interested look. "You know, I've only been here a few times, but every time I'm amazed that you actually live here. I mean, you used to live with your parents until you were 42."

Jong Kook chuckled. "Yeah. Yeah. I was stingy back then. But when you have children, so many things change."

"You're preaching to the choir, you know. I had two children before you," Jaesuk spoke. "You know, you actually have a better house than Hyori does in Jejudo."

"Children need space to play. And I'm not going to deprive my children anything." Jong Kook spoke. The two Running Man castmates went into the living room-turned nursery. Jihyo was there tending to Jae Min while her daughters were doodling in skechbooks. 

Jihyo turned and saw Jaesuk. "Jae-Suk Oppa." She smiled, and her daughters suddenly reacted. 

"Hello girls," Jaesuk spoke, and each of his three daughters did different things. Jang Mi and Miyo ran JaeSuk for a hug while Yumi stood in front of her mother and brother protectively.

"Hello, Uncle Jaesuk!" Jangmi smiled widely. 

"Uncle, uncle, uncle! Did you bring us any treats?"

"Girls, it's not polite," Jihyo stood up, scolding her two daughters. She held Jaemin in one arm while holding Yumi's hand in another. "Oppa, it's good to see you."

"Same here. Hello, Jang Mi, Miyo, Yumi. And Jaemin."

"How's Jiho and Naeun?" Jong Kook asked as they all sat down. Yumi jumped into her father's arms while Jang Mi and Miyo began drawing their uncle's face. 

"They're doing great. Jiho's in studying hard and Naeun is just about to go into 1st grade." Jae Suk commented. 

"Oh my god, oppa, you look older!" Jihyo commented, seeing the extra wrinkles around Jaesuk's eyes. "Is SBS running you into the ground?"

"I'm doing fewer shows than before. My age is starting catching up to me." Jaesuk admitted and clapped his hands. "So, I can already guess what you need help with." He motioned to his daughters. "I have to say that your girls caused quite a frenzy."

"Is it really that bad?" Jihyo whispered, holding Jaemin tighter. "I can only see it from what the media say in the news."

Jaesuk shrugged. "The girl's singing really got the audience's attention. The girls' age and talent are unprecedented. Even foreign news is picking this up because of Running Man's reach."

Yumi began pulling at her father's hair slightly, and Jong Kook smiled at his daughter. 

"So, what should we do?" Jong Kook asked. "I want all of this nonsense to end."

Jaesuk scratched his chin. "Well, you know that what celebrities hate the most are made-up stories. People have been making stories about you and Jihyo for years."

"Don't remind me," Jihyo growled. "The press I got about seemingly being gangster's girlfriend still pisses me off." Jong Kook held Jihyo's hand to calm her down a bit. 

"And what your girls are going through is that. And the quickest way to fix that is a small, controlled media exposure." Jaesuk continued. "Not a TV Show, not a documentary, but a small introduction. You can't just run away from this anymore. Once you're in the media, news and stories of you spread like a virus, whether it's true or not."

"And what do you suggest? Going on Return of Superman?" Jong Kook asked. Before Jaesuk could answer, the Nation's MC saw two humorous pictures of him by JangMi and Miyo.

"Look, samchon!" Jangmi grinned widely. "I drew you!"

"So did I!" Miyo said excitedly. The two girls drew hilarious renditions of Jaesuk's face. Jangmi's drawing was as if Picasso threw up on Jaesuk's face while Miyo drew grasshopper with Jaesuk's facial expression. "Do you like it?"

Jong Kook and Jihyo barely controlled their laughter as Jaesuk struggled to find the right words for it. Then Jaemin started to whimper. 

"He needs to feed. I'll be right back." Jihyo stood up and walked away to the corner to feed her son without exposing herself. The girls then lost attention to Jaesuk and gathered around their mother. 

"As I was saying," Jaesuk laughed slightly, glad to be out of his predicament. "You don't have to overcommit here. A simple appearance on a show would suffice. Hmm...how about the SBS Awards Ceremony?"

"Wait, what?" Jong Kook frowned. 

"You know how every award cerem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter