Wish

Charade

"This could be a symptom of . ." Seokjin's cheeks tint with pink. "Love."

 

Taehyung stops blinking and he's staring wide-eyed at Seokjin. L-love? His heart's beating this fast because he loves Seokjin? Seokjin turns abruptly and pulls his hand away. 

 

"Or it could be because you're going to get a heart attack," Seokjin falters. He brushes his hair behind his ear, eyes casted downwards at his lap. 

 

"Oh." Taehyung's heartbeat calms down, beating normally again. Why does he feel a bit deflated? Almost disappointed. Disappointed about what? Seokjin's just playing with him. 

 

He doesn't let the weird feelings stay for long. "I got it!" Seokjin flinches a bit at his loud voice. He smiles shyly. "You're going to be a doctor right? Or a nurse." 

 

Seokjin's smile returns. "You'll have to wait and see." 

 

He starts the car. "If it isn't a heart attack, I don't think you can diagnose me." He turns to a confused Seokjin. "Because there's no treatment to being madly in love." Seokjin rolls his eyes as Taehyung laughs. "It's true. You can't make mad love go away easily." 

 

~~~~

 

"Tada!" Taehyung steps out from behind the door. He fixes his red bow tie as Seokjin gives him a once-over. He has on a gray blazer with a white dress shirt underneath. Matched with a pair of gray shorts and long white socks. Then shiny black shoes and a velvety red bow tie to finish it. 

 

Seconds pass and Seokjin is still looking him up and down. "What are you supposed to be?" He finally asks. 

 

Taehyung slumps. But do not fear, he had a feeling some may not know right away. So, he reaches for the pocket inside his blazer. He pulls out black framed glasses and puts them on. Then, he reaches for his magnifying glass. 

 

"Meet Detective Shadow!" He says proudly with the magnifying glass held up to one eye. 

 

"Oh, I see it now," Seokjin says quietly. Taehyung brings down his magnifying glass. This time he's looking Seokjin up and down. 

 

'Wow. He looks really handsome,' Taehyung thinks. Dressed as a doctor, he's in a striped white dress shirt, white coat, black slacks, and black dress shoes. His hair is kinda parted in the middle, showcasing his gorgeous forehead. To top it off, he has a stethoscope around his neck. 

 

"You look really handsome," Taehyung says in awe. 

 

Seokjin smiles brightly. "And so do you." 

 

Taehyung looks up at the clock. "We should get going. You first, Dr. Kim." 

 

They arrive in no time. Taehyung double checks the address he was given. The house they're supposed to go to is dark and quiet. It looks like no one's home. It's the correct address. Hesitantly, he walks up to the house with Seokjin by his side. 

 

Three doorbell rings and they're still standing on the doorsteps. "Maybe they changed the location," Seokjin suggests as the two walk down the stairs. 

 

Maybe Jin's right. He pulls out his phone to call Jungkook as he gives the house another look. Seokjin sticks right by his side. Jungkook doesn't pick up. He calls Jungkook again, this time walking to the side of the house. 

 

There's a little gate but, he looks through the bars and can see a dark creepy stairway heading downwards. "Woof!" 

 

Seokjin screams and he clutches Taehyung's arm. "Woah," Taehyung breathes out as the creature that frightened them both come into view. He blinks a couple of times to get his eyes to adjust to the darkness. 

 

It's just a dog. A big black gigantic dog. Seokjin is still gripping onto his arm and has his face buried in Taehyung's neck. "Jin," Taehyung calls out gently. The dog is still on it's hind legs and standing on the other side of the gate, glaring at them. "Jin, it's just a dog," he whispers. 

 

Seokjin lifts his head up slowly. He sighs. "I thought it was a wolf or something." Taehyung chuckles a little and proceeds closer to the dog. 

 

"I can't tell what kind of breed it is," Taehyung says as the dog gets down on all four. "Hey," Taehyung calls out to the dog. He puts his hand through the bars and pats the dog's head softly. 

 

The dog doesn't run away from him so he brings his hand down to scratch behind the dog's ear. He's not so scary anymore. Taehyung smiles at the dog adoringly. However, when the dog looks up, it's not at Taehyung. 

 

It's at Seokjin. Seokjin is still a little startled. "Do you wanna say hi to him? He's not mean," Taehyung says to Jin. The dog is now lying down, peering up at them with shiny eyes. 

 

Slowly, Seokjin nods and steps out from behind Taehyung. They both squat to be at a closer level with the dog. Seokjin's hand is still gripping Taehyung's arm, eyeing the dog cautiously. 

 

Carefully, Taehyung takes Seokjin's hand that's gripping his arm. He leads Seokjin's hand through the metal bars and to the back of the dog's ear. Seokjin's hand falls on the dog's smooth raven fur. 

 

Still with Taehyung's hand on his, Seokjin scratches the dog's ear. The dog purrs and leans into their touch. His tail wags happily. 

 

Taehyung turns his head slightly to Seokjin who is now with a smile. All traces of fear gone. He returns his gaze to their hands. He didn't even think much about it when he grabbed Seokjin's hand. However, now he's feeling a warm feeling in his chest.

 

"Caliban!" The dog gets up right away and runs down the stairs. Taehyung and Seokjin stand up as footsteps are heard coming up. "V and Seokjin," the newcomer dressed as a skeleton greets them. The dog stands by his side. 

 

"Hi," Taehyung smiles kindly. He does not know who this guy is at all. 

 

"I thought you guys were never coming." He opens the gate for them. Taehyung and Seokjin follows him and the dog down the stairs. "Did Caliban scare you guys?" 

 

"Well, he gave us a really loud welcome," Taehyung glances at Caliban. 

 

"Yeah, he does that." The guy chuckles. As they descend down the stairs, there seems to be light. Taehyung could even hear people and music. The party must be hidden down here. 

 

Taehyung's lips part in awe. String lights hung in trees, the sizzle of meat could be heard, there's a table of sweets. "V! Seokjin!" The two turn towards Jungkook who has Hoseok by his side. "See, Junseo. I told you they would come," Jungkook grins at the guy who came to get them. The party host.

 

That's the last worry for Taehyung as he stares at the couple, dumbfounded. Hoseok notices and smiles. "Do you like our costumes?" Taehyung smiles and looks between his and Seokjin's costumes. Should he have done the same thing? 

 

Jungkook chimes in. "We're partners in crime." 

 

"Well, more like partners solving crime," Hoseok tells Jungkook. The two giggle and continue adding on to their new personas. Taehyung glances at Seokjin who was smiling at the cute couple. 

 

'Did he want us to wear matching costumes?' Taehyung thinks as he looks between Jungkook and Hoseok who were both dressed as police officers. He presses his lips together. They could've been a doctor and nurse or they could both just be detectives. What about angel and demon? That would be cute. There's also-

 

"V." He feels a tug at his sleeve and shakes out of his stupor. Seokjin and him were both alone now, still standing on the same spot. 

 

"Yes, Jin." He smiles at Seokjin assuringly. 

 

Seokjin keeps his eyes on him as he speaks, "Do you want to get a burger? We didn't eat before we came." 

 

Hamburgers. Yum. Yet, Taehyung wasn't feeling it, to his surprise. "Nah. I'm not hungry yet." His eyes scan the backyard, trying to see if there's anything fun to do. 

 

"Then," Seokjin starts. "Let's go over here." 

 

Before Taehyung could even process it, Seokjin was walking away and fast. Taehyung hurries after him. Though the house didn't look that big, the yard is huge. Or maybe it was just because of the night that the house didn't look grand. 

 

"Wait for me, Jin," he calls out. Finally, Seokjin's steps come to a stop. Taehyung stops as well. This part wasn't decorated. They were obviously away from the party. Despite the dark and not being decorated, it's very pretty. They were in a flower garden.

 

A calm wishing fountain stood in the middle of it. He's still standing at the entrance, taking the view in. Seokjin turns and walks back to Taehyung. "Why are you just standing there?" 

 

"Well, this part is off limits. It isn't decorated or anything so, aren't we trespassing?" He whispers to Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head. "It's not trespassing. Just wandering." 

 

Taehyung raises a brow. "Isn't that still the same thing?" 

 

Seokjin rolls his eyes but, has a small smile. "You don't have to be such a goody two shoes. Also, it's your cousin's. He won't mind." Taehyung contemplates and stay standing at the entrance. 

 

Seokjin sighs and reaches for Taehyung's hand. Hand in hand, Seokjin leads him to the middle of the garden. Taehyung looks around, warily. Shouldn't they be socializing with people? 

 

They stop at the wishing fountain. It's a new moon tonight, so no moonlight to light anything. However, there is still light coming from the party. "Isn't this nice?" Seokjin says quietly, still holding Taehyung's hand. 

 

Taehyung looks at the water dripping down softly. "It is," he answers, forgetting about the party. "Let's make a wish." 

 

"A wish? We don't have any coins with us," Seokjin states.

 

Taehyung forgot about that. He still wants to make a wish for he hasn't made one for a while. "We don't need coins. Just our hands." He brings both hands up, bringing Seokjin's hand up as well.

 

Seokjin slowly retracts his hand. Before he could fully leave Taehyung's grasp, Taehyung grabs it. Seokjin's eyes widen and he looks at Taehyung for an explanation. "Let's hold hands," he manages to say confidently. Contradicting his nerves. "The wish will be stronger." 

 

"It will?" Seokjin asks, staring at their hands. 

 

"I don't know," Taehyung answers honesty. "But, I think it will." 

 

Seokjin nods and Taehyung turns back to the fountain. They make a wish, hands clasped together. 'I wish for the people I care about to put their worries aside and feel happiness and love.' 

 

Taehyung opens his eyes to the sight of the wishing fountain. He turns to Seokjin who still has his eyes closed. He looks down at their hands. Why does he feel like their hands fits each other's so well? Like they were made for each other. 

 

Seokjin opens his eyes. Like Taehyung, his eyes also fall on their hands. Unlike Taehyung, he removes both hands all together. He turns his head away from Taehyung. "I've always wanted a garden like this." 

 

Taehyung listens closely as Seokjin continues speaking. "My parents have a garden just as big as this one," he says as he walks around. His hands falls down to caress a blue hydrangea. 

 

"So, you want a garden just like this?" Taehyung ask again. He's already thinking of a garden in their backyard. 

 

Seokjin goes to another flower. Tiger lily. "Not exactly." 

 

Taehyung follows him. "Why not?" 

 

"Flowers are cool, but I'm not sure I'll always take care of them." Taehyung watches as Seokjin bends down to smell the tiger lily. "I don't want to care for them a lot, then have them just die." 

 

"If you care for them a lot, they won't die," Taehyung states. 

 

Seokjin walks to a different part of the garden. "In a world with time, they'll have to go at some point." Taehyung stays silent at his point. "I read somewhere that flowers can hear you when you talk to them." 

 

He did not know that. Taehyung takes out his magnifying glass and looks closely at the flowers. "Because of that, I don't want them to get too attached to me." Taehyung chuckles lightly at Seokjin's words. How cute. 

 

If his knowledge is correct, he's currently getting a close up of white lilies. "Despite all that, a part of you still want a garden," Taehyung tells Seokjin. Though Seokjin was telling him the reasons he doesn't want a garden, Taehyung could tell he wanted a garden just as much.

 

He looks away from the lilies at Seokjin's silence. Still looking through the magnifying glass, Seokjin's face blow up in his view. Seokjin pushes the magnifying glass down. "Seems like you detect a lot of things," Seokjin says, eyes falling on his magnifying glass then on his eyes. "Detective Shadow." 

 

A sheepish smile appears on Taehyung's face. "They don't call me that for nothing. I move like the shadow and detect even the slightest changes." 

 

Seokjin smiles and pulls Taehyung's glasses off. "Oh, really." He puts the glasses on. Taehyung stares back, speechless. He never saw Seokjin with glasses before. He looks really attractive, smart, and-

 

"Caliban," Taehyung ruffles the dog's fur. "Why'd you come over here?" The dog beams at his attention. He circles around Taehyung. "Someone's excited." Caliban barks and goes to the entrance. He stops and waits for Taehyung to follow. 

 

"Let's go," Taehyung tells Seokjin who nods and follow them. "Wait," Taehyung says. "I forgot something." He pulls the glasses off of Seokjin and puts them on. "Thanks for returning them, Doctor." 

 

~~~~

 

"Here are the files you requested, Chairman Kim." Hoseok hands him a handful of files. 

 

"Thank you, Secretary Jung." He takes the files." How are you and Jungkook?" Even though they're in work mode, he can't help but break the professionalism. They're friends and frankly, he hasn't heard from Jungkook. 

 

"W-we're good," Hoseok stutters, a slight blush on his cheeks. 

 

Taehyung laughs. "Too good that Jungkook is floating in euphoria and I haven't seen him in awhile" he teases. Hoseok laughs. He has a feeling Jungkook has been working harder ever since introducing Hoseok to his parents, wanting to truly seem like an adult.

 

"If that's all, I'll take my leave." Taehyung nods and excuses Hoseok. He leans back in his spinning chair. 

 

He looks at the toppling pile of work on his desk. He decides to take a break and pull up a new tab on his computer. '24/7=HeavenFlowers&Gardening.com.'

 

He wants to gift Seokjin a little garden. He realized that there's no flowers around their house, except Seokjin. So, he plans to have a little garden in the front of the house. 

 

He scrolls through the site, reading it for the hundredth time. To be honest, he's been looking at it for two weeks now. Ever since the party, it's been on his mind to surprise Jin. 

 

Seokjin's birthday isn't till December and it's only November. Yeah. Yeah. There's only a month's wait. However, he's too excited. He also have plans for Seokjin's birthday already. 

 

He looks at the site again. He already called them. Many times, actually. Went to their store and looked around. "I'm gonna do it," he says to himself. Some gifts are meaningful because they weren't gifted on a special occasion. 

 

Following his words, he calls the store and starts placing his orders. Just as he finishes, he gets a call. "Hey, Namjoon." 

 

"Hi Taehyung. How are you these days?" Namjoon's kind voice asks. Taehyung starts organizing the files on his desk.

 

"It's been fun," he smiles at the thought of Seokjin. "How bout you?" 

 

"Everything's been alright. There's something I need to tell you." Taehyung opens a file. 

 

"V's doing fine, right?" He has not been able to visit V at all. He wants to but can't due to the risks being followed. 

 

"He's fine. It is about him." Taehyung puts his pen down. It must be important then. "It's going to be his birthday this week." 

 

"Birthday! He's going to miss his own birthday," Taehyung frowns into the phone. 

 

"Unfortunately, but you're here so to others, no," Namjoon tells him. "Besides V doesn't get that excited about his birthdays. All you need to do is go to his parents for brunch," Namjoon informs him. 

 

That's all. He does a lot for his birthday which is in December. His mom would make him seaweed soup, he'll get a cute and delicious cake, he'll go to the Internet cafe, etc. 

 

"So, he doesn't get a cake . ." Taehyung says into the phone. 

 

Namjoon chuckles. "Nope, unless you personally want a cake." 

 

"Ah, no thanks." Taehyung can wait for his birthday. "We can't have cake without the person who's birthday it is." 

 

"That's true. Well, that's one of the upcoming events for now. Seokjin's birthday is next month. You don't have to give him something, Jungkook or I can-"

 

"It's okay. I can buy him a present myself," Taehyung insists. "I like gift giving." 

 

"Okay, then. That's all for now. If you have any problem with work or if you suspect anything, call me." 

 

"I will. Thanks, Namjoon."

 

~~~~

 

A small blue box is handed to him. "Thank you, Dad," Taehyung smiles politely and bows his head. He puts the box on the ground next to him. He'll put it in a safe place and V can open it when he wakes up. 

 

"You can open it now," V's dad tells him. 

 

"I can?" He looks between V's dad and the present. So, the present is for him? V's dad smiles at him assuringly. He nods and picks up the present. He opens the box, carefully. The box looks expensive so whatever's inside must be really expensive. 

 

His eyes bulge as he gets a full view of what's in the box. It's a Cartier watch. "T-thank you, Dad and Mom," he stutters. This costs thousands. He would never be able to afford such. 

 

"You're welcome. It's for all you hard work." Taehyung raises his head to meet V's dad who's genuinely smiling at him. He smiles back. He feels happy that he's doing well at being V and that V's parents don't seem so worried like they did in the beginning. 

 

After bidding goodbyes, Taehyung and Seokjin leave. They had brunch when they first arrived. "You're still going to work?" Seokjin asks him. 

 

"Yes, I am." Taehyung feels like he should do extra today. 

 

He pulls up to Seokjin's restaurant. "Well, don't overwork yourself," Seokjin tells him as he unbuckles his seatbelt. "Also," Seokjin looks at the ground. "Don't stay overnight." 

 

With that Seokjin gets out of the car, not waiting for Taehyung's response. "I won't," Taehyung says though Seokjin is already long gone. He returns to his office and work away. 

 

"Happy birthday, Chairman Kim!" Hoseok exclaims and closes the door behind him. 

 

"Ah, thanks." Taehyung returns to his paperwork. Hoseok comes to his desk.

 

"So, you're not having a party or anything?" Hoseok asks. 

 

"Nope. I don't need a party," he answers. He had plenty of birthday parties but from what Namjoon told him, V doesn't because he doesn't like them. It doesn't seem like Hoseok is talking to him about anything work-related. 

 

He looks up from the paper. Both of Hoseok's hands are behind his back. "I know you don't like celebrating unless it's about the company. However, I couldn't help but get you this." 

 

Taehyung's eyes widen as Hoseok presents him with his present. "A donut?" He does his best to conceal his smile. 

 

"Maple. Your favorite," Hoseok sets the donut down on his desk. The donut practically glows as it's set down next to the many, many work papers. 

 

"Thank you, Hoseok." Hoseok smiles and bows. He leaves the office as Taehyung's mouth waters at the maple donut. Taehyung takes bites of the donut as he continues working. 

 

He works until his new Cartier watch remind him of the time. He hurries home, humming AGUSTD's song, Moonlight. He just got the confirmative that the gardening things he ordered are ready for pickup. He can't wait to surprise Seokjin with them. He hums all the way home. 

 

He enters the house to the smell of wonderful food. He doesn't know what it is but, it smells good. He takes off his shoes and goes to the kitchen where a whole feast is set up. He looks around. No servants were seen. Seokjin must've let them leave early.

 

He digs in. Once finished, he cleans everything. Even doing the dishes which he misses. Never thought he'd miss that. He pats his tummy. Everything was scrumptious. Leaving a mental note to thank the cook tomorrow, he proceeds up the stairs. 

 

He turns the doorknob of his and Seokjin's bedroom. Instead of meeting the lights coming from the lamps, he meets darkness. Seokjin must've went to sleep early. He switches on the lights. 

 

"Surprise!" He jumps as Seokjin and all the servants come into view. He was not expecting this at all. 

 

Seokjin comes to him with a cake in his hands. It's frosted with white frosting and has some small rainbow sprinkles on the top. "Happy birthday, V." He smiles at Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung could feel his chest bloom like a flower. He honestly felt a little down when Seokjin didn't say happy birthday to him at all. Yet, here Seokjin is. "This is fine, right? There's not a lot of people here, there's no decorations, and the cake is not too big," Seokjin has an anticipated look. 

 

Taehyung breaks out into a grin. "I love this." Seokjin beams at his answer. He turns to the servants. "Thank you to all of you for this and everything else." He bows his head and when he looks up, the servants are smiling broadly. 

 

As they sing happy birthday, all Taehyung could watch is Seokjin. He feels so exuberant, exhilarated, ecstatic, so much more. Seokjin did this for him. Seokjin thought of him and planned this. 

 

Throughout the whole song, Seokjin's also looking at him with bedazzling eyes and a soft smile. The song ends and he blows the candles. "Did you make a wish?" Seokjin asks him. 

 

"I forgot," he giggles meekly. 

 

"You forgot!" Seokjin gives him a perplexing look. "There's only a few times you can make wishes." 

 

Taehyung shrugs. "I don't need to make wishes. I like how everything is right now," he says while making eye contact with Seokjin. 

 

"Here you go, Sir," a servant hands Taehyung a slice of cake. 

 

"Purple," Taehyung bursts out. The cake is purple. He was expecting just white for vanilla cake. 

 

Seokjin nods. "You seem to like that color a lot. I'm glad you like it." 

 

Taehyung takes a bite. "Mmh~ This is really good." He takes another bite. "You guys should eat it too. I won't be able to finish the whole thing," Taehyung tells the servants with a mouthful. They nod and he munches happily. 

 

He notices Seokjin not eating any cake. "Why aren't you eating?" He the corner of his lips, tasting the frosting. 

 

"I already brushed my teeth," Seokjin tells him. 

 

"You can brush them again." He holds a forkful to Seokjin, who refuses. He pouts but, doesn't push Seokjin. He finishes his slice and a servant offers to take his plate. Before giving his plate away, he scoops the frosting on the plate with his index finger. "Jin~" 

 

Seokjin's jaw falls open as he wipes the frosting on Seokjin's cheek. "V," Seokjin cries, bottom lip jutting out. Taehyung laughs and so do some of the servants. Seokjin marches over to the dirty plates and scoops the left over frosting with his hand. 

 

He chases after Taehyung. "Jin, don't," Taehyung pleads. 

 

"You should've thought of that before doing it to me," Seokjin continues chasing after Taehyung. The servants quietly exit the room of the married couple who is currently acting like little children. 

 

Seokjin laughs evilly as he corners Taehyung. Taehyung winces as the handful of frosting comes closer to his face. He closes his eyes as Seokjin smacks the frosting right on his mouth. 

 

He opens his eyes and Seokjin is doubled over in laughter. He could feel the frosting all over his lips, his chin, and some even got on his nose. He his lips. "Not cool, Jin. Not cool." 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung falls onto the bed, face in his pillow. He had just finished showering. He raises his head and touches his mouth and chin, making sure no sign of stickiness is still there. Clear. 

 

He turns his head to Seokjin who looks away just as he does so. "Are you still mad because of the frosting?" He mumbles into his pillow. "I mean, you got your revenge." Seokjin smirks at his reminder. 

 

"It's not that." He looks down at his lap. "Are you tired?" 

 

"Not really." Taehyung shifts his body so, he's facing Seokjin. Seokjin stands up from the bed then sits back down. 

 

"T-turn around," he tells Taehyung who does so. He hears Seokjin move across the bed. "Sit up," Seokjin says, now right next to him. He wants to ask why but, chooses to keep his mouth shut. "Can you close your eyes?" Seokjin asks meekly. 

 

Taehyung closes his eyes, now focusing on sound. He hears shuffling. Seokjin takes his hand. Not long after, he feels something around his wrist. "You can open your eyes now." 

 

He immediately looks down at his hand. His mouth opens and he doesn't know what to say. He could feel Seokjin's eyes on him. "H-when did you get this?" Taehyung turns to Seokjin. 

 

"When we went to get Mom a birthday present," Seokjin says with his head down. Taehyung thinks back to that fun day. Seokjin got it for him then? He didn't think Seokjin liked him at all back then. 

 

He brings his right hand up, admiring the bracelet. It's a Tiffany & Co. silver bracelet with two small rings interlocking. "Jin," he calls out gently. Seokjin raise his head slightly. "Seokjin." Taehyung lifts his chin up, getting clear view of his eyes. "I love it. Thank you." 

 

Seokjin looks shocked. "You do?"

 

"Yeah, I do." Taehyung can't help it as his smile gets bigger. "It's the prettiest thing someone ever gave to me." He touches the bracelet, loving how it twinkles in the light.

 

"I thought you were gonna hate it," Seokjin tells him. His ears turn red as Taehyung chuckles. 

 

"I would never hate anything you give me. Even if you give me dirt, I'll still like it because you thought of me when getting it." Now it's his turn to look down, feeling a little embarrassed at his confession. 

 

What he said is true. Just knowing Seokjin is thinking of him makes him feel funny. A good funny. He lifts his head and turns to Seokjin. He rubs his cheek then glances at Seokjin. "I want to hug you, can I?" 

 

Seokjin doesn't blink for a minute, then he does and nods. Taehyung scoots closer and wraps an arm around Seokjin's waist. A side hug. He rests his head on Seokjin's shoulder. 

 

He listens to his heartbeat beating rhythmically. Smiles at the unusual feeling in his stomach. "Thank you, Jin." 

 

"You're welcome," Seokjin says in an unreadable voice. He snuggles closer if possible. He doesn't want to let go yet. Not knowing when an opportunity like this would pass again. 

 

"Did you eat dinner?" He ask the first thing that comes to mind. 

 

"I did." He could feel Seokjin turn his head slightly. "Did you enjoy your dinner?" 

 

Taehyung nods. "It was really really really," he could hear Seokjin giggle. "Really really appetizing, savory, and heavenly. In conclusion, yummy." 

 

"I'm glad you enjoyed it that much," Seokjin tells him. He doesn't need to look up to know Seokjin's smiling. 

 

"If you want, there's still leftovers. I don't know why they cooked so much," Taehyung refers to the cooks. 

 

"It is your birthday so it's a special occasion." Taehyung hums in delight and closes his eyes, enjoying Seokjin's warmth. His eyes flutter open. 

 

"Wait . ." Taehyung starts. He lifts his head from Seokjin's shoulder. "You made me dinner," he realizes. 

 

Seokjin rubs the back of his neck, "Guilty as charged." He opens his mouth in disbelief. He should've known from the start. "It doesn't matter who cooked it. You already told me you enjoyed it." 

 

Taehyung pouts, "I would want to know who's guilty of making me gain so much weight." 

 

Seokjin smiles at his words. "It's okay if you gain weight. Your cheeks become chubby and that's cute." 

 

Taehyung beams at the word cute. "I see what you're doing. You're fattening me up and then you'll eat me." Seokjin's mouth falls open at his accusation. He leans his head on Seokjin's shoulder. "I have one request." He grins mischievously. "Just savor me."

 

"V," Seokjin yells and attempts to push him away. Taehyung tightens his hold, grinning at Seokjin's squirming. "You said you won't tease me," Seokjin complains. 

 

"I'm not. Just simply saying what I'm thinking." Just then he catches a whiff of roses. He's brought back to the night he was half awake and half asleep. He grabs Seokjin's hand and brings it up to his nose. The same smell of the hand that caressed his cheek that night. 

 

He thought that was a dream. He smiles putting the pieces together. So, Seokjin caressed his cheek that night and said goodnight to him. Seokjin's pulls his hand away. "What?" He asks guardedly. 

 

"Nothing," Taehyung lets go of Seokjin. "Goodnight, Jin." He moves back to his spot with a blank face and gets in the covers. He turns his back to a confused Jin and closes his eyes, letting sleep come. All the while smiling inside as he knows Seokjin cares about him too. Even if just a little. 

 

~~~~

 

"Kim V?" The cashier asks. 

 

"Yes," Taehyung replies with a handsome smile. Today's the day. He's finally picking up the gardening supplies. He'll gift it to Seokjin when spring arrives.

 

The cashier blushes a bit and clears . "We have your things already prepared and ready to go. We'll help load it into your car. All you need to do now is pay," she tells him with a smile. 

 

"Of course." He reaches for V's card in his wallet. He was given one of V's card from Namjoon. At first he felt guilty using it but, got used to it. He didn't have much choice when V's expenses were so much and he didn't have enough of his own money. He gives it to her with an eager smile. 

 

She takes the card. V's birthday was just a couple days ago. His eyes slip to the bracelet around his wrist. He loves it more and more as he looks at it. Love the way it twinkles in the light. Loves the two small rings interlocking. Loves how Seokjin got it for him. 

 

"Sir?" He returns his eyes to the cashier. "Your card's declined." 

 

His eyes bulge, "Declined. Really?" He recalls Namjoon's words of how the card will never run out of money. 

 

She nods and swipes the card again. "Do you have another card?" He looks in his wallet. All he has is his ID card, along with V's, a couple of bills, and his own credit card. 

 

He looks at the price again. No way. He doesn't have enough in his own credit card. "I-" Taehyung could feel a cloud come over his head. The sunshine he was getting all day, now gone. "I don't."