Search

Charade

“You what?” 

 

Jungkook takes in a deep breath. “I don’t want to get marry to Ahnjong.” His eyes fall down to the floor and he could hear his mother’s heels clicking on the marble floor. 

 

His head is jerked up as his mom grabs his chin. “Why do you keep saying this? We give you everything and the one thing we ask of you, you don’t want to do,” Jungkook’s mom says harshly. 

 

“Mom,” Jungkook steps back from her. “It’s true that you guys give me everything and never ask of anything. But, is it true that you guys never pressure me to do anything?” 

 

His mom’s jaw drops. “How dare you say that to us. Do you know how much we love you? How hard your father works?” She shakes with anger. 

 

Before she could say any more, his dad spoke. “Stop this right now.” The two look at Jungkook’s dad who’s been fairly quite since Jungkook walked in. He’s always been quite most of Jungkook’s life. 

 

“Come here, Jungkook.” Jungkook goes sit down across from his dad. 

 

“Yes, Dad,” he says softer and more obedient. His dad would always be the calmer one between his parents. Never once did he freak out about something Jungkook did or didn’t do. 

 

“Why don’t you want to marry her?” He asks, still calm.

 

“I don’t like her.” Jungkook bites his inner cheek. Like her name, Bae Ahnjong is tranquil. But, she’s so clingy and always seem to judge everyone.

 

How could he possibly tell his parents that he loves someone else? More importantly, a man who’s just a secretary. His parents never opposed to him being gay but, they never accepted it either. In their defense, Jungkook never told them that he likes both gender. 

 

“That’s not a very good reason,” his dad notes. 

 

“I know. I just really can’t take her-“ Jungkook’s mom rushes over to his dad’s side. 

 

“See, Jungmin. He’s just acting childish,” his mom says. “How can we back out of the wedding right now? The wedding preparations are already set and the wedding’s in a month.” 

 

Jungkook winces at the reminder of the time. He really postponed this. Actually, he always complain about not wanting to marry. He just didn’t take any actual action until today. “Jungkook-ah,” his mom call his name. 

 

“Do you just not want to marry at a young age? You probably just want to be single and have all the fun a bachelor can have. However, you’re already an adult. What’s going to happen if your dad and I die the very next day?” 

 

“Mom,” Jungkook sighs at the card she played. “You guys are not going to die.”

 

“You don’t know that.” She goes to Jungkook. “Kook, we want you to have a successful life. Look at V. He’s only two years older than you and have already accomplished so much. And, he’s married.” 

 

Jungkook closes his eyes at the mention of V. His parents really love V as if he’s Jungkook’s brother. He thought life was awesome not having a sibling to be compared to. Namjoon always seem to be compared to his younger sister. Yet, Namjoon doesn’t care about it. 

 

He on the other hand, does. V’s not even his actual brother. “Well, I’m not V.” 

 

“Jung-“ his mom starts again but, he continues speaking. 

 

“I don’t want to marry her. I won’t marry her.” He stands up. “I don’t care if you cut me out from everything you guys own. I am not going to marry her,” he says loudly. He never rebelled this badly before. 

 

His mom is gawking at him as he makes his way to the door. “You will.” His hand stops, lingering on the door handle. “You will marry her. We’ll move the wedding up to next week.”

 

“Dad,” Jungkook turns around. “I don’t-I can’t marry her.” His head was racing now. His heart beating fasting. 

 

“You can and you will,” Jungkook’s dad stands up and looks at him. “Unless you have a better reason.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes waver from his gaze. He can’t. Even though he got the courage to rebel, he’s still not strong enough to tell his parents that he’s gay. That he’s dating someone of lower class. 

 

“Good. I’ll call the Baes right now.” 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

“Are you ready, Mr. Kim?” 

 

“Y-yes,” Taehyung takes another look of himself in the mirror. “Again, is it really necessary for me to do this?” 

 

Namjoon comes over to him. “You look perfect. Don’t worry, it’s not that big of a magazine.” 

 

“Why does V need to do a magazine shoot anyways?” Taehyung thinks aloud. It’s not like he’s a model or celebrity. 

 

“He is one of the most successful young men in the country,” Namjoon tells him. Everyone would want a sliver of knowledge about him.

 

Taehyung sighs. He’s to do just a small photo shoot for this magazine. He’s not going to be on the cover. There’ll be a page of him. Photo and the interview which he already did. 

 

“Let’s start shooting,” the cameraman announces and Taehyung gets out of his chair. After greeting the cameraman, he gets in front of the camera. 

 

He did feel a little awkward and nervous. He’s posing as V and there’s a lot of people watching him. He shakes it off though, focusing solely on the camera. The moment is short lived. Taehyung actually feels a bit sad that the moment’s over so quickly. 

 

~~~~

 

“Secretary Jung?” Hoseok flinches and looks away from his phone. 

 

“Of course, Sir. The meeting will be in one hour,” Hoseok regains his composure. 

 

Taehyung nods. “By the way, what are you looking at?” Hoseok looked surprised when he was looking at his phone. 

 

Hoseok waves it off. “Just rumors about these idols.”

 

“Ahh, I see.” Taehyung stands up from his seat.

 

 “Let’s go.” 

 

“To the meeting room. Already? Don’t you like to wait a bit?” Hoseok questions but, starts picking up the needed things for the meeting. 

 

“I’m bored so, let’s go,” Taehyung chirps. He leaves his office with Hoseok following. He glance at Hoseok who’s busy checking over some stuff. He knows they’re at work, but he wonders how Hoseok and Jungkook are. “Hoseok,” he starts. 

 

Hoseok looks confused at his name being called. “Yes, Chairman Kim.” 

 

Taehyung’s question about him and Jungkook stops short when he sees a bunch of employees crowding one table. He turns to Hoseok who looks equally surprised. He walks over, no one even noticing him. 

 

“Wow, he looks so good~”

 

“Like an idol,” another chimes in.

 

“When he’s not so stern and gloomy, he actually looks handsome,” another notes. 

 

“What! He’s always been handsome.” 

 

“Did you all forget he’s married?” Taehyung his head. Who were they talking about? 

 

Hoseok clears his throat and all of them stop talking. Nervous heads turn to their boss. Taehyung walks forward. They were all looking at something on the table. It seems to be a magazine. 

 

As he gets closer, he recognizes the person. “Who caused this commotion?” Taehyung asks, eyes still on the photo. He could feel a blush on his cheeks.

 

“Hei Ryung showed it to us,” a couple mumbles. 

 

He closes the magazine. “Put it away and get back to work.” He returns to Hoseok’s side and they make their way to the meeting room. It’s quite as Taehyung’s thoughts are still occupied with the picture. 

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t give them a scolding,” Hoseok says. 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. “It’s nothing big. Just a little distraction.” 

 

Hoseok nods but, continues. “I didn’t know Chairman Kim is secretly a model.” 

 

Taehyung stops walking. “Why’d you gotta say it like that?” He whines like a little kid. His cool facade, melting away. 

 

Hoseok laughs. “You usually decline any interviews. More importantly, photoshoots.” Taehyung sighs. The employees were all looking at the photo of him in the magazine. Maybe, he did get too into shooting it. “You really don’t look bad. I didn’t know you had that in you,” Hoseok notes. 

 

He pulls out his phone and shows it to Taehyung. An article with the headlines, ‘CEO Kim V, more like Model Kim V.” Taehyung cringes at the ridiculous headline. His photo showcase below it. 

 

“Who even reads those things?” He continues walking to the meeting room. 

 

“A lot of people actually,” Hoseok chirps beside him. “You barely show your face. So when you do. Of course it’d get a lot of buzz.” 

 

He rubs his eyes. He’s never going to do another photoshoot again.

 

~~~~

 

“Jin!” 

 

“What?” Seokjin scrunches his noise as he looks down the balcony. 

 

“Come run with me!” Taehyung suggests. He had been sprinting around the yard, but notice Seokjin watching him. He’s also getting bored. 

 

“I don’t want to,” Seokjin says nonchalantly. 

 

“Please,” Taehyung pleads. He makes his best puppy eyes as he looks up at Seokjin. 

Seokjin smacks his lips together and leans on the railing. Taehyung puts on a frown to add on to his pleading. “Please~ Just for a little bit.” 

 

Seokjin tilts his head and leans his head on his hand. “Convince me better.” He smirks as Taehyung’s puppy face melts away and his brows furrows. How to convince Jin? 

 

He looks around his surroundings. Then, his eyes float back up to Seokjin who’s still looking down at him, amused. 

 

“How about we act?” Taehyung suggests. 

 

“Act?” Seokjin seems interested, which encourages Taehyung’s idea. 

 

“Improvise. You must’ve done a lot of it when you took acting classes,” Taehyung smiles. “If I knock your socks off with my acting, you have to come down here and run with me.” 

 

“What if your acting is good but, I pretend it isn’t,” Seokjin questions, an almost playful look in his eyes. 

 

“I believe your better half will tell the truth. Also, I’m pretty sure I can tell if you’re blown away by my acting,” Taehyung tells him with a smug look. 

 

“If you say so.” Seokjin’s arms rest on the railing, along with his head. “You can start.” 

 

Taehyung puts his hands behind his back and clears his throat. “Prince, you must come out with me. The marketplace will be buzzing with life at this hour. It’ll be so fun you’ll never forget tonight.” 

 

Seokjin smiles and he stands straighter, acting like his new title. “How can I possibly sneak out, V? My parents will be angered if they see me with you again.”

 

Taehyung smiles in his head at what Seokjin added to the story. “I know, Prince.” He looks up at Seokjin. Trying to not see Jin, but Prince Seokjin. “I know I’m just a knight. However, I still can’t help my selfishness of wanting to be with you.” 

 

“You can lose your life if seen with me,” Seokjin tells him warily.

 

“I rather live a short life spending all of it with you than living a long life without you at all,” Taehyung says with as much emotions as he could. 

 

Seokjin’s good at acting and Taehyung can’t tell what he’s actually thinking. “Even if I wanted to, I can’t come see you anymore, V,” he informs V. Eyes flickering between Taehyung’s face and the ground. “You should turn back, before anyone sees.”

 

“Why?” Taehyung says desperately. “Why not? Do you not remember all those times we kissed under the night sky? Only the stars witness our love for each other.” He finishes with a sad look in his eyes. 

 

Seokjin’s face shows surprise. “How would I come meet you, anyways?” He peers behind his back. “There are knights station at my door all night long.” 

 

Taehyung allows himself a small smile. “Climb.” 

 

“Climb? I’ll end up dead before I get to you,” he tells Taehyung. 

 

“You won’t. If you fall,” Taehyung steps closer and extends his arms out. “I’ll catch you.” 

 

Seokjin smiles a bit but, the smile disappears as he seems to think. His expression turns into despair. “As much as I want to feel your warmth again, I really can’t.” He takes a shaky breath. “I’m getting married to a . . prince.” 

 

“I know that,” Taehyung croaks out. “That’s why I’m asking to spend one last night with you, Seokjin.” He urges the tears to come, b at the edge of his eyes.

 

“V . .” Seokjin looks equally as heartbroken. 

 

“Though I am just a knight and you, a beautiful, bright, lovey prince.” He smiles a broken-hearted smile. “I can’t help but, love you.” Seokjin’s eyes are wide as Taehyung looks at him. “I love you, Kim Seokjin with all my heart.” His eyes are teary now.

 

Seokjin is speechless for a couple of seconds. He looks like he’s about to say something. But, his character drops. “Not bad.” 

 

Taehyung wipes his eyes. “I’ve been practicing.” He puts his hands on his hips. “And it looks like I’ve charmed you.” 

 

Seokjin rolls his eyes. “I’ll come down.” 

 

He turns but, stops when Taehyung speaks. “You can just climb down. If you fall, I’ll catch you.” Taehyung giggles as Seokjin turns to give him a look. 

 

“I can walk. You don’t have to do everything for me,” Seokjin grumbles before turning back. 

 

~~~~

 

“Jin,” Taehyung looks over to Seokjin, who’s gulping down lots of water. They just finished running together and were now sitting on the ground. Seokjin glances at him tiredly. “Isn’t running fun?” He smiles as Seokjin scrunches his face. He looks away from Jin and presses his lips together. 

 

Should he ask Jin? He glances at Jin again, who’s busy fiddling with his water bottle. He turns away. No, he won’t. He shouldn’t. Doesn’t need to. Yet, his eyes cast over to Seokjin again. 

 

“Are you busy tomorrow, Jin?” He manages to say without letting his nerves show. 

 

“Not that I know of,” Seokjin says quietly, still playing with the water bottle. 

 

Taehyung clears his throat. “Do you want to go see a movie with me then?” 

 

Seokjin stops playing with the bottle. A momentary stillness pass by. “What movie?” he lifts his head up and away from the bottle. 

 

“I don’t know,” Taehyung bites his bottom lip. Then, let’s go. “Just any. I just want to go watch a movie with you.” 

 

Seokjin rests his chin in his hand. “Mmmh.” 

 

Taehyung smiles and leans forward to meet Seokjin’s eyes. “What did you say? I didn’t hear you clearly.” 

 

Seokjin looks befuddle. “Okay,” he breathes out. 

 

“Okay what?” Taehyung asks, staring playfully at Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin pouts, cheeks and lips puffing out. “Okay, I’ll go see a movie with you.” 

 

Taehyung breaks out into a cheeky grin. “That’s what I thought.” Seokjin seems a tad bit annoyed still, with his lips pouting. He pushes Taehyung and Taehyung falls over to his side. “Ow!” Still on his side, Taehyung looks over to Seokjin. 

 

“That’s what I thought,” Seokjin says with a grin. 

 

Taehyung feels himself smiling too and rolls onto his back. “Haha. Very funny.” He extends his hand up. “Now help me up.” His breath catches in his throat when Seokjin’s hand touches his hand. He didn’t actually think Seokjin would help him up. 

 

Seokjin tugs at his hand. “You’re too heavy,” he says as he tugs again and Taehyung stays glue to the ground. 

 

“Just try with more might,” Taehyung tells him mischievously. Seokjin sighs and pulls again but, this time Taehyung pulls too. Seokjin’s lips part as he topples over and next to Taehyung. 

 

“V!” Seokjin scolds. His brows furrowed and lips pouting again. Those lips. Those plump and pretty lips. He squirms but, Taehyung’s hand tightens around his. Seokjin stops moving. 

 

Taehyung his bottom lip. “You get angered easily,” he notes. His impishness gone and in place, just his serene self. 

 

Seokjin glares at him. “I wonder why,” he says sarcastically. 

 

“I just wanted to see how it would look like if you fell for me,” Taehyung says innocently. Seokjin rolls his eyes but, nonetheless laugh. 

 

Taehyung could feel his chest blooming. With what? He didn’t know but, he knew he likes the feeling of it. Likes seeing Seokjin happy because of him. Likes Seokjin being with him. 

 

~~~~

 

“V.” Taehyung offers the politest smile he could. “Come in. Come in.” He enters the house. “Are you here to see Jungkook?” 

 

“Yes, Mrs. Jeon.” Taehyung made sure to smile but, not over the top. “I went to his house but, no one’s there.” He’s officially worried about Jungkook now. He just went AWOL. Taehyung tried talking to Hoseok but, the timing is never right. 

 

“Ah, of course.” She gestures for Taehyung to take a seat. “He’s probably at another one of our houses.” Taehyung nods. Frankly, he forgot that all these people surrounding V are rich. 

 

“Do you know which house?” Taehyung asks, carefully. He’s never spoken to Mrs. Jeon and he doesn’t know how V acts around him. So, he has to be extra careful. 

 

Mrs. Jeon shakes her head and sips her tea. “Want some?” She pushes the plate of cookies to him. He’s about to decline because that seems like what V would do. However, the cookies smell really delicious. 

 

“Thank you,” he picks up a cookie and takes a bite. Even better than what he imagined. “These are delicious. Who made these?” 

 

“Oh, please,” Mrs. Kim looks away bashfully. “They’re not my best batch.” 

 

“I think they taste great.” Taehyung sets the cookie back down, remembering what he’s here for. “Do you know which house Jungkook could’ve went to?” Mrs. Kim just sighs and shakes her head. 

 

“I can’t believe he still acts so childish. Running someplace and not telling anyone. Why can’t he be more like you? A married, successful, and sophisticated young man.” Taehyung half smiles. 

 

Here he is, trying to find Jungkook. Yet, Jungkook’s mom doesn’t even seem a bit concerned about him. “Well, I envy that about Jungkook. He’s still so fresh, young, and having fun.” Mrs. Kim looks surprised at his answer. “If you don’t mind me asking, do you know what made Jungkook run away?” 

 

Mrs. Kim nods. “He confronted us about not wanting to marry Ahnjong.” She sighs as if remembering the moment. “The wedding’s in a month. We already have everything set and ready to go.” She takes a sip of her tea. “His dad asked him why he doesn’t want to marry her. His reason is because he just doesn’t like her.”

 

Taehyung felt his brows raise slightly. Jungkook didn’t tell them about Hoseok. She sets down her teacup. “We love Jungkook. We really do. However, he needs to grow up and stop acting so childish. We really want the best for him.”

 

Taehyung nods and smiles. “I see. I’ll try to talk to Jungkook, then.” She nods and he excuses himself. Mrs. Jeon walks with him out. 

 

“How are you and Seokjin?” she asks. 

 

“We’re good.” Taehyung remembers the movie night they’re to have tonight and a big smile slips out. 

 

Mrs. Jeon catches it and gushes. “Oh~ You two are so cute. I remember your wedding. So big and grand.” 

 

They reach the door. Taehyung turns to Mrs. Jeon and bows. “It was nice meeting you again.” 

 

“No problem. Come to me anytime.” She smiles brightly and Taehyung feels so relieved. Looks like he played V well. Just as he steps out the house, Mrs. Jeon stops him. “I almost forgot.” She reaches for something out of his vision. “We moved it up.” 

 

He does his best to keep his face calm as he reads what just got handed to him. No wonder Jungkook ran away. 

 

‘You are cordially invited to the wedding of Jeon Jungkook and Bae Ahnjong.’ 

 

The date’s set up for next week. 

 

~~~~

 

“Not this one,” Taehyung mumbles as he crosses off another house. He’s been driving around to the houses the Jeons’ own, in hopes of finding Jungkook. “Where could he be?” Taehyung drives to the next house listed. His phone rings. “Yes, Jin,” he picks up right away. 

 

“Hi, V,” Seokjin says from the other line. “Are you busy right now?” 

 

Taehyung follows the directions of the gps. “No. Do you need something?” 

 

“No, I just wanted to . .” Seokjin goes quiet. 

 

“Talk to me,” Taehyung finishes for him, smiling at the thought of Seokjin’s reaction. 

 

“You wish,” Seokjin grumbles into the phone. “We’re still going to see the movie together, right?”

 

“Of course.” Taehyung chuckles a little. “Did you think I’d forget?” He meant it to come off fun and not for an answer. 

 

“Well, you don’t exactly have a clean track record,” Seokjin tells him. 

 

He gulps. “It’s never too late to change,” he pipes into the phone. 

 

“Are you in your office?” Seokjin asks. 

 

“Yeah. Same old. Same old.” He feels bad about lying to Seokjin. He can’t tell him about how he’s searching for Jungkook because that’ll lead to Jungkook not marrying Ahnjong, which would be because he loves Hoseok. And that, is a secret. 

 

“Then, why don’t I see you?” Seokjin asks him calmly. 

 

Taehyung freezes. ‘Jin came to see me?’ “Okay, I’m not in the office. I’m searching . .for someone,” he tells Seokjin carefully. 

 

“Searching for who?” 

 

“I-“ Taehyung can’t tell him. He arrives at the next house on the list. He doesn’t even need to step out of the car to tell no one’s been here for a while. 

 

“V?” Seokjin asks. He seems, not angry. Almost worried. 

 

“Can I,” Taehyung turns the car around. “come pick you up?” 

 

~~~~

 

“What do you plan to do when you find Jungkook?” Seokjin asks. Taehyung sits back in his seat. He had just finished telling Seokjin about Jungkook and Hoseok.

 

“I’m not sure,” he answers honestly. “The wedding’s next week and I’m just going on a wild goose chase.” He really really wants to help Jungkook, but how can he when he can’t even find the guy. “I’m going to keep trying, though.” 

 

Seokjin sits back in his seat as Taehyung drives to the next house on the list. He looks at the list. “These are the Jeons’ houses?” 

 

“Yep, all of them that are in the country.” Taehyung continues following the gps. 

 

Seokjin looks back at the list. “What about your houses?” 

 

“My houses?” Taehyung does not know about V’s other houses at all. Not how they look like, where they are, or how many he even owns. 

 

“Yes. You and Jungkook are friends. Is it possible that he could’ve gone to one of your houses?” 

 

Taehyung snaps his fingers. “That’s true. You’re brilliant!” He’s so glad he told Jin.

 

~~~~

 

“Let’s stop for today,” Seokjin tells him hesitantly. They’ve been going to houses V own, in search of Jungkook still. The sun has already set and in place, the moon. 

 

As much as Taehyung wants to find Jungkook, it is getting late. “You’re right. It’s almost bedtime.” Taehyung stops, feeling guilt come over him. “I’m sorry we didn’t go to the movies.” 

 

“It’s fine.” Seokjin smiles a bit. “You can take me later.” 

 

Taehyung lights up. There’s going to be a later. “I will,” he says right away. Seokjin eyes widen a bit at his reaction. Taehyung looks around the house, scolding his self. “We can just sleep here for tonight. If you don’t mind.” 

 

“I don’t mind.” Seokjin makes his way to the bedroom and Taehyung follows. Taehyung’s eyes fall on the bed. A twin bed. 

 

“You can sleep on the bed,” both say at the same time. 

 

Taehyung giggles softly. Great minds think alike. “You should sleep on the sofa.” He walks over to the couch. “I can sleep on the couch.” 

 

“But-“ Taehyung holds up his finger. 

 

“Final answer,” he tells Seokjin stubbornly. Seokjin sighs but, goes over to the bed. Maids come in weekly. So everything is already set out and clean. Taehyung goes to the closet and pulls out a pillow and blanket. “Goodnight, Jin,” he says as he snuggles into his blankets. 

 

There’s no answer as Seokjin is already asleep. Taehyung follows suite and soon falls asleep too. 

 

He awakes to Seokjin whimpering. “Jin,” he calls out. More whimpers follow. He must be having a nightmare. 

 

“V,” Seokjin whimpers. “V,” he says again. Taehyung gets up right away and goes to Seokjin. He sits down on the bed. 

 

“Jin,” he says gently. He shakes Seokjin slightly. Seokjin just shakes his head. 

 

“V,” Seokjin says again, almost as if he’s crying. “D-don’t go,” he cries. Taehyung’s hand caresses Seokjin’s cheek. 

 

“I won’t. I’m right here,” he tells Seokjin even though the other won’t hear. Seokjin just shakes his head and mumbles inaudible things. Taehyung moves his hand, thinking of what to do. 

 

“V,” Seokjin sobs. Now Taehyung is really curious as to what he’s dreaming about. He pulls Seokjin up gently and scoots closer to him, resting Seokjin’s back on his chest. His arms circles Seokjin’s waist. 

 

“It’s just a nightmare. I’m right here,” he whispers, comforting Seokjin. Seokjin leans back and his mumbling dies down. They stay like this until Seokjin’s sleep talk seems to never had happen. 

 

However, when Taehyung moves his arms, Seokjin stirs in his sleep. Looks like they’ll be staying in this position till Seokjin wakes up. Taehyung leans back on the headset. It’s uncomfortable, but Seokjin’s sleeping so peacefully. He rests his head on Seokjin’s shoulder and closes his eyes. 

 

When he opens his eyes again, it’s morning. Seokjin is moving his arms slowly as to not wake him. He smiles, amused at how Seokjin is trying so hard to not wake him. Just as Seokjin’s about to stand up, Taehyung reaches forward. 

 

Seokjin yelps as Taehyung wraps both arms around him. “Morning, Jin~” he greets, enjoying Seokjin’s squirming. 

 

Seokjin stops squirming. “Did anything happen last night?” Taehyung’s hold loosen and Seokjin turns to look at him. 

 

“What do you think happened?” Taehyung asks him, the corners of his mouth titled upwards a little. 

 

Seokjin blinks as if trying to remember last night. “I don’t remember.” 

 

“Well,” Taehyung leans back on his hand. Seokjin watches him, anticipation written all over his face. “You kept calling my name. Over and over.” 

 

Seokjin scrunches his face. “I kept calling your name?” 

 

Taehyung sits up. “Multiple times and you were crying.” 

 

Seokjin tilts his head. “I don’t sleep talk.” 

 

“You did last night.” Taehyung remembers how Seokjin kept calling for him. “You had a nightmare, I think.” He wraps his arms around Seokjin again, startling the other. “And I had to hold you like this all night for you to stop crying and calling my name.” 

 

“Oh,” Seokjin murmurs. “Sorry for waking you up, then.” 

 

“It’s fine.” Taehyung looks at Seokjin who’s avoiding his gaze. “By the way, do you remember what you dreamed of?” 

 

Seokjin shakes his head. “I don’t.” He turns his head slightly so to look at Taehyung. “Now can you let go of me?” 

 

“As you wish,” Taehyung smiles as Seokjin stands up quickly. Seokjin hurries out the room. Taehyung stands up too. What a shame Seokjin doesn’t remember his dream. If he remembers correctly, the only audible things Seokjin said were his name and “don’t go.”

 

He scratches his head. It’s just a dream. He turns to the mirror and finds himself with a toothy grin at the memory of embracing Seokjin all night.