Kim Taehyung

Charade

“You..purple me?” Taehyung tastes the words. His words. He’s brought back to when he said, ‘I purple you,’ to Jin. ‘He still remembers?’

 

Seokjin only makes a small sound as a reply before falling prey to sleep. Taehyung stands still, sinking in what just happened. He’s gnawing at the inside of his mouth the rest of the way back to his apartment. 

 

This evening was so fun. So dreamy. Taehyung sighs happily as he reminisces the earlier events. His shoulders drop, however, when he remembers what’s happening tomorrow. It’s the last day of Seokjin’s stay. 

 

They arrive at Taehyung’s apartment. All his neighbors’ lights are off, signally how late it is. 

 

He enters the apartment with Seokjin still asleep on his back. He brings Seokjin to his bedroom, setting him down on the bed and making sure he’s comfortable before leaving. 

 

Taehyung takes a shower and brushes his teeth before settling on the couch. He tries to go to sleep but his mind’s wide awake. So he lies in the dark, staring up at his ceiling and trying to organize his jumbled thoughts. 

 

‘Doesn’t Jin have the right to know? It’s fine. He and V are already happy. Then why did he come here? What made him come back?’ 

 

He flinches when his phone starts ringing inexplicably loudly. Taehyung grabs the phone off the coffee table, answering the call, “Hello?” 

 

“Taehyung, have you seen Seokjin? I left for a business trip but when I came back, he wasn’t at home. I’ve been searching for him everywhere yet, I can’t find him. He’s not picking up my calls.” Taehyung’s mouth goes dry. “Taehyung?” 

 

“V,” Taehyung wets his lips. V’s so worried. What has he done? He has to calm his pounding heart before he speaks, “It’s alright. He’s safe.” 

 

“Safe?” V sounds confused. “How do you know?” 

 

Taehyung squeezes his eyes shut, “I know because he’s-“ he takes in a deep breath, “he’s with me.” 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin’s humming as they hike up the mountain. The mountain Taehyung once brought Jin to. The mountain they promised to come to in the summer to see the fields of purple flowers.

 

Taehyung hasn’t spoken much at all this morning. His mind replaying the call he received last night. 

 

He glances over at Seokjin who’s gotten quieter. He notices how Seokjin’s glancing at the trees which are not leafless anymore like how they were when they first came. Taehyung catches a glimpse of recognition in Seokjin’s eyes as they pass a certain tree. The tree Taehyung and Seokjin had to sleep by when night rolled around too fast. 

 

“Vante,” Seokjin starts. “Why did you bring me here?” 

 

Taehyung offers a light smile, “I want to show you something.” They don’t exchange any other words for the rest of the hike up. 

 

For a few seconds, all of Taehyung’s worries and stress melt away as he arrives at the fields of purple flowers. 

 

****

 

“This is what you wanted to show me?” Seokjin asks looking between the endless wheat around them. Taehyung nods excitedly. “Wheat?” 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. He spreads both of his arms and spins around. “Flowers.” Seokjin smiles softly as he continues spinning, though not catching on yet. He stops and grabs Seokjin’s hands. “Right now it’s just wheat. However, in the spring and summer, it’s all flowers.”

 

“Really?” Seokjin asks with a smile. 

 

“All of it. Purple.” Taehyung beams. He feels so happy to share this place with Seokjin. “Can I bring you here when it’s summer?” He wants Seokjin to see when the flowers are in full bloom. 

 

“I’d love to come again with you,” Seokjin tells the very happy Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung swings his and Seokjin’s connected hands. “It’s like a purple ocean. I can’t wait for summer to come.” 

 

Seokjin chuckles, “Me too.” 

 

****

 

The sight of himself and Jin chasing each other in the fields disappear as he’s brought out of the distant memory. He turns back as Seokjin isn’t by his side. Seokjin’s eyes are on the flowers, an emotion in his eyes that Taehyung can’t identify. 

 

“It’s pretty, isn’t it?” Taehyung asks quietly as to not disturb the tranquility all around them.

 

“It is,” Seokjin agrees. Taehyung walks into the fields of flowers. This time, Seokjin follows him. Taehyung presses his lips together as he searches for the spot he and Seokjin once sat when they had lunch. Off to the side, separating the woods and flowers is this big rock. Bingo.

 

Taehyung sits on the big rock, offering his hand to Jin who takes it as he steps onto the rock. Once seated comfortably, they look out at the purple flowers. A shimmering indigo butterfly flies by. Taehyung reaches his hand out as to which the butterfly lands on gently. 

 

“Wow, it’s so beautiful,” Seokjin says as Taehyung brings the butterfly closer to him. 

 

“He’s so beautiful,” Taehyung corrects him as their eyes meet each other. Seokjin blushes and Taehyung’s heart flutters like the butterfly’s wings. He looks back at the butterfly, “The males are blue and the females are green.” 

 

“Oh,” Seokjin looks down at the butterfly. “Sorry for calling you ‘it’,” he apologizes as to which the butterfly looks at him with his big black beady eyes. 

 

Taehyung chuckles, “I think he forgives you.” Seokjin smiles. “Do you want to try holding him?”

 

“Sure,” Seokjin replies calmly. However, Taehyung could see the excitement in his eyes. Seokjin reaches his finger out as Taehyung brings the butterfly closer to him. 

 

“Stay still, so he doesn’t get scared,” Taehyung tells Seokjin. The butterfly stays rooted to Taehyung’s finger even though Seokjin’s finger’s right next to him. Only a little space between them. 

 

Taehyung moves his finger closer to Seokjin’s. Only when their fingers touch, does the butterfly flies off Taehyung’s finger. However, he doesn’t fly onto Seokjin’s finger. Instead, he flies onto Seokjin’s hair, right by his ear. 

 

Taehyung burst into laughter while Seokjin’s cheeks dust with pink. “H-hey, you’re going to scare him away,” Seokjin scolds him.

 

“Sorry. It’s just,” Taehyung giggles. Seokjin’s pouts, not moving his head much as the indigo butterfly is still by his ear. “I guess he thinks you’re a flower.” 

 

“A flower?” Seokjin scrunches his nose. “Butterflies are smart, aren’t they? I’m pretty sure he knows I’m a human. Besides I’m nothing like a flower.” 

 

“I think you’re like a flower,” Taehyung says without thinking. Seokjin’s eyes widen and his lips part. Now, it’s Taehyung’s turn to blush. As if realizing that the spotlight isn’t on him anymore, the butterfly flies away. 

 

“Well, if I’m the flower then are you the gardener?” Seokjin asks shyly. Taehyung smiles but before it can get any bigger, he’s reminded of why he brought Seokjin here. His smile stops and he looks away from Seokjin. 

 

There’s an obvious shift in the atmosphere and Taehyung hates that he’s the cause of it but what else can he do. For a few minutes, they just look out at the fields of flowers. 

 

“I came here before,” Taehyung starts quietly. “I came here during autumn with someone.” He can’t bear to look at Seokjin so instead, he keeps his eyes on the purple flowers. 

 

“We had so much fun when we came,” he recalls their shared laughter. “We spent so much time here that we couldn’t make it down before dark. We ended up sleeping on the forest floor,” he remembers the fear Seokjin had. Remembers holding Seokjin close to him.

 

“I continued being by his side for months.” He feels dread stir inside him. “However, I became selfish. I let myself get used to having him by my side. Let myself get used to his smiles.” Taehyung bites his lip as tears come up to his eyes. 

 

“Those smiles and laughter weren’t for me though. They were for his husband,” Taehyung lets his eyes close. ‘Please don’t hate me, Jin,’ he thinks. “They were for his husband, V. I was only supposed to charade as him.” 

 

Maybe it won’t be as bad as he thought. Maybe when he finally comes clean, he’ll feel much better.

 

Tears are pushing against his eyelids but he won’t let them slip. “I wasn’t supposed to get comfortable with his husband’s love and affection. But I did,” his voice comes out small and tiny. “I lied to him. I wasn’t V. I was only a charade.” His eyes are still closed. “I’m sorry, Jin.” 

 

He did it. He confessed. He told the truth. Yet, these sad feelings are still here. Why doesn’t he feel any better? Why does he still feel his heartbreaking? Why does he still love Seokjin? 

 

Seokjin’s going to be so mad. He can’t blame him. After all, Taehyung lied to him for months. “You’re right,” Seokjin whispers. Taehyung’s eyes peek open. The purple flowers blurry as his eyes are still with tears. “It is like a purple ocean.” Confusion cloud Taehyung’s head. 

 

“Seokjin-“ Taehyung starts but gets cut-off. 

 

“I know,” Seokjin’s voice breaks. “I know. I knew when V came back.” Taehyung’s eyes widen. “When you left, a part of me left as well. I couldn’t eat. Couldn’t sleep. Whenever he kissed me, my heart didn’t feel like it was going to jump out of my chest. I didn’t feel complete.” 

 

Taehyung turns to Seokjin. A part of him is happy that Seokjin knew. That Seokjin knew he and V are different people. But another part of him remembers their situation. 

 

“He loves you,” Taehyung croaks. Seokjin has tears in his eyes. “He loves you with all of his heart.” V loves Seokjin. Taehyung remembers how the hard and intimating V soften at the mention of Seokjin.

 

Seokjin shakes his head, “But I don’t love him. I love you.” 

 

Taehyung feels tears b at the corners of his eyes. “But he loves you...” How can he take Seokjin away from V? He can’t do that. “He’s your husband. All the things you did for me, you were doing for him.” 

 

“I wasn’t doing it for him. I was doing it for the V who kept trying so hard to cheer me up. The V who had help Jungkook and Hoseok. The V who cried like a baby because I ignored him. The V who ice skated and fell on his . The V who always holds me close to him every night. The V who looks at me like I’m his whole world. The V who is the earth, and I, the moon,” tears slip from Seokjin’s eyes. “I was doing everything for you.” 

 

Taehyung can’t help himself as he pulls Seokjin into an embrace. Seokjin hugs him back. The embrace isn’t as long as Taehyung pulls away to look at Seokjin. He cups both of Seokjin’s cheeks, wiping away the tears. 

 

Looking into his eyes, he says, “Let V be your earth instead.” 

 

Seokjin’s eyes widen in hurt and confusion, “I just told you, I don’t love him. I love you.” 

 

Taehyung presses his forehead against Seokjin’s. “I know. But he loves you and you guys are married.” As much as he wants to be with Seokjin, he can’t. If this were a movie, he’ll end up with Seokjin and they’ll live happily ever after. 

 

But this isn’t a movie. This is reality, and in reality, Seokjin’s married to V. There’s a whole acquaintance between the two families that came from their marriage.

 

Not to mention he already decided last night on the phone call. V’s going to come and get Seokjin.

 

“For once, just be selfish. Think about us,” Seokjin tells him desperately. And Taehyung does just that. He imagines Seokjin and him living in a house with a dog. Imagines waking up every morning and seeing Seokjin. Imagines Seokjin cooking and him assisting him. He even lets himself imagine their wedding. 

 

“I can’t,” Taehyung pushes his imagination away. “If you think about it, it’s not possible. What will your parents say and do?” At this, Seokjin’s eyes downcast as he too, sees the reality. 

 

“What about you?” Seokjin asks, teary eyes meeting Taehyung’s. 

 

“I-“ Taehyung’s voice gets caught in his throat. “I’ll be fine. I already got to meet the best person in the whole entire world,” he can’t help it as he speaks the truth. He feels it too as he looks at Seokjin. He’s already so lucky to have met Seokjin. 

 

As if right on time, his phone dings with a message. V’s here. “Outside of this flower field is V,” he tells Seokjin, remembering V. 

 

He hates that he has to do this but, “He’s worried sick about you,” he caresses Seokjin’s head. “Go and be with him, okay? Grow a big family with him. Be the moon that watches over him, okay?” He presses a chaste kiss to Seokjin’s forehead. His heart’s cracking louder than ever. ‘I love you, Jin,’ Taehyung can only think but not say. 

 

Seokjin pulls away but only enough so that they would be making eye contact, “I never got to know your name.” 

 

Taehyung refuses any tears to fall. Not in front of Seokjin. He attempts a smile, “My name’s Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.” 

 

“Taehyung...” Seokjin tries the unfamiliar name on his tongue. It sounds so pleasant and mellifluous. He wants to continue hearing Seokjin call his name but he knows that’s not possible. 

 

He smiles softly, “Bye, Jin.” 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Seokjin’s tears fall onto the photo strip. The photos they took the day before Taehyung left. Seokjin sobs as his eyes land on the last photo where Taehyung’s caught mid kissing his cheek. 

 

He found him again, only to leave. He didn’t fight for them. Seokjin’s hand that’s holding the photo strip drops. But looking at it, Taehyung was right. V won’t let him go. His parents will be angry if he runs away from V. 

 

Were they only possible in a dream? 

 

Seokjin cries more. He never cried this much before. This is the first time where he can truly say he felt heartbroken. 

 

The next few days fly by and Seokjin puts on a smile for everyone. For his customers when he goes to work. For the servants in the house whose faces are full of concern. For V’s parents. For his parents. And lastly, for V.

 

He doesn’t hate V but he doesn’t love him either. 

 

Yet, Taehyung’s words ring in his head whenever V does something for him, ‘Let V be your earth instead.’ So he tries.

 

“You look so tired, today,” Seokjin says as V comes home after a long day of work. V yawns, blinking a couple of times as if to stay awake. Seokjin giggles softly. 

 

“Tired does not sum all of it up,” V says, rubbing his eyes. Seokjin goes to his side, connecting their hands. This causes V’s sleepiness to go away. 

 

“Don’t worry. I’m here to save the night,” Seokjin says enthusiastically. The corner of V’s mouth lifts a little. “I made your favorite, Scandiva..uh,” Seokjin forgets the name of the dish. Scandiva something? 

 

V chuckles, startling Seokjin. “Scandinavian Steak,” he corrects Seokjin. 

 

“Ah, right,” Seokjin scratches the back of his head, embarrassed. “I also made potatoes to go with it..” 

 

V chuckles again and for a second, Seokjin almost sees Taehyung. “Thank you for the meal, Seokjin,” V thanks and steps closer to him. He caresses Seokjin’s cheek, “Did you already eat?” Seokjin nods. 

 

V leans closer and Seokjin lets his eyes close. Before he knows it, they’re kissing. It doesn’t feel right but Seokjin continues kissing him. He lets his hand find itself in V’s hair. V pulls him closer by the waist. 

 

He doesn’t realize it as V picks him up bridal style and carries him up to their room. He doesn’t realize it as V sets him down on the bed, and they continue to kiss. He doesn’t realize that the whole time, he’s had his eyes closed. 

 

“Seokjin,” V calls out. “Are you going to keep your eyes closed the whole time?” 

 

“No..” Seokjin opens his eyes to the sight of V over him, hair mussed and lips parted. His eyes scan V’s every feature. His perfect brows, his nose, his lips, his sharp jawline, and his eyes. Seokjin blinks hard, staring at the face that so closely resembles his true love yet is nothing more than a mere resemblance.

 

They look the same yet aren’t the same at all. The more Seokjin looks at V, the more different he looks from Taehyung. 

 

V leans down and presses a light kiss to the corner of his lips, “Go to sleep. You look like you need it.” He steps away from the bed. 

 

“Where are you going?” Seokjin asks V. He didn’t do something wrong, did he?

 

V smiles a small smile, “I still haven’t eaten dinner.” 

 

“Oh, right,” Seokjin attempts a smile. With that V leaves the room and Seokjin’s all alone with the ghost of Taehyung. 

 

~~~~

 

“Sir-“ 

 

“It’s fine. I can do this!” Seokjin raises his voice at the servant, frustrated. Realizing what he just did, he drops the needle. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you,” Seokjin says voice much softer and more like him. 

 

The servant shakes her head, “It’s fine. Here, give me your finger.” Seokjin’s confused when the servant grabs his hand, brows furrowed. 

 

“Oh..” Seokjin realizes why she was so worried. He’s bleeding. 

 

“I’ll go get the first aid kit right away,” she stands up and hurries out of the room. 

 

Seokjin looks back down at his bleeding finger where a pool of blood was forming. He moves V’s shirt that needed stitching off his lap, not wanting blood to get on it. He should’ve never tried sewing. He just wanted something to do and think of something other than Taehyung.

 

Taehyung. He can’t believe that when he found out the real name of who he loves, they’re already separated.

 

“Seokjin.” Seokjin turns towards the familiar voice. “Does it hurt?” V comes to his side, sitting down next to him. He grabs Seokjin’s finger, inspecting the blood which was now dripping. 

 

“It doesn’t hurt,” Seokjin tries to pull his hand away but V tightens his grip around his wrist. His eyes stay on the bright red blood for a few seconds before he grabs his shirt that Seokjin moved aside and presses it to the wound. “V!” Seokjin exclaims. “That was your shirt!” 

 

“I know. I have many other shirts. However, I only have one Seokjin,” V tells Seokjin as he continues holding the shirt to the wound. Seokjin watches V, feeling bad. Has he been selfish? The servant comes running in, surprised to see V but still comes to Seokjin’s aid. “Make sure to put ointment on it,” V tells the servant before standing up. 

 

“V,” Seokjin calls out but V’s already out the door. Seokjin looks down at V’s white shirt which now has a big red spot on it. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin yawns as he sits up in bed. The balcony door is open, allowing the early summer air to come in. ‘V doesn’t like having the balcony door open,’ Seokjin remembers just as he was about to get back under the duvets. 

 

V isn’t on the other side of the bed which is normal as he usually gets up before sunrise for work. He must be in the bathroom or closet. Seokjin gets up, going over to the balcony door. However, when he’s about to close the balcony door, he notices V’s out there. 

 

Seokjin rubs his eyes. Why would V be out here? Wouldn’t he usually be getting ready for work at this time? Not to mention, he dislikes the balcony. Yet, Seokjin continues staring at V who has his arms over the railing, overlooking their backyard. He looks like he’s in deep thoughts.

 

“Hmm..” Seokjin comes to V’s side. “What could be bothering V so much that he comes out onto the balcony which he dislikes?” Seokjin asks with a tint of playfulness. He learned from a certain someone that playfulness can really cheer someone up. 

 

The corner of V’s mouth lifts, and he turns to Seokjin. Seokjin offers a big smile to which makes V smiles more. “How’s your finger?” He asks as he grabs Seokjin’s hand.

 

“Better,” Seokjin answers, seeing the concern in V’s eyes. The concern doesn’t go away when he looks up at Seokjin. He wonders what’s bothering V so much. “You didn’t answer my question,” Seokjin reminds V. V’s about to let go of Seokjin’s hand but Seokjin holds it tightly, waiting for V to answer. 

 

V looks flustered but the rare reaction isn’t long as he turns back to look at the backyard. “You’re hurt, aren’t you?” he asks. 

 

Seokjin’s puzzled at the question. Nonetheless, he answers, “I already told you, I’m alright. The wound on my finger wasn’t that big.” 

 

“I’m not talking about your finger. I’m talking about Taehyung,” V says, straightforward. Seokjin’s eyes widen. He can’t understand the tone V’s using, not knowing where this conversation will lead to which adds to his nerve. 

 

Seokjin can’t answer. Will V get mad if he admits to still thinking, missing, and loving Taehyung? “What do you mean?” he ends up asking. 

 

“I’m not stupid,” V says, this time sounding glum? He lets go of Seokjin’s hand, grabbing both of Seokjin’s shoulders. Seokjin feels scared as he awaits the unexpected. 

 

Yet, when his eyes meet V’s eyes, he doesn’t see anger? “I apologize for all the times I made you cry. I apologize for all those times I pushed you away. I apologize for all the times I raised my voice at you. I apologize for dragging you into this marriage. I don’t deserve it, but will you forgive me?” V asks, almost desperate. 

 

For the first time since meeting V, he sees eyes that showcase emotions. “I forgive you,” Seokjin says as he looks into V’s eyes. Sunlight kisses their faces as the sun is starting to come up.

 

They both turn to look at the sunrise. The scenery is beautiful. Seokjin glances at V who’s also admiring the sunrise, though in a very discreet way. His eyes go back to the sun. 

 

In a way, the sunrise is like V. Meanwhile, the sunset is like Taehyung. Seokjin’s heart whines at the mention of its owner. 

 

V grabs his hand, startling him. Seokjin’s even more surprised when V pulls his wedding ring off. “V, what are you...” Seokjin’s at a loss of words when V slips something else on his finger. 

 

“I love you, Seokjin,” V declares. His eyes soften, “And from what I see in the very few books and movies about romance and love when you love someone, you choose their happiness over your happiness.” 

 

Seokjin’s still confused, he looks down at the ring that V replaced his wedding ring with. It’s Taehyung’s ring. The silver ring that V supposedly threw away. “I don’t understand...” 

 

“I choose your happiness, Seokjin. And your happiness is being with Taehyung,” V turns to him, a small smile on his lips. “Thank you for everything.” Seokjin pulls V into a hug, overwhelmed with feelings. 

 

“Thank you, V,” Seokjin says, smiling as V awkwardly returns the hug. “I hope you find someone just as wonderful as you are.” Despite the crazy rollercoaster with V, Seokjin doesn’t feel relief to know the ride’s going to be over. He feels sad. His heart belongs to Taehyung but he cares about V too. 

 

V pulls away, holding his hands, “Say hi to Taehyung for me,” he says with a big and sincere smile. The biggest and most sincere smile he ever smiled before. 

 

“I will,” Seokjin smiles as brightly back. 

 

V presses a heartfelt and chaste kiss to his forehead. “Bye, Seokjin.” 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Taehyung’s heart feels so heavy, weighing down the rest of him. He yawns softly. He should’ve told V he’d rather take an afternoon flight. He looks out the big windows, searching for V. His eyes flit over to the clock. 

 

Where was V? He said that he was going to meet Taehyung an hour ago to give him his plane ticket. A plane ticket to the U.S. That’s what Taehyung had asked for when V asked to give him something to thank him for being him while he was in a coma. 

 

Taehyung’s going to go to the U.S. He’s going to be with his mom, step-sister, and step-dad. He tries to smile as he thinks about his future. He’ll try to become a Hollywood actor. He needs to work on his English and maybe pick up a few acting classes, but he’ll do it. 

 

He’ll become a Hollywood actor, starring in comedy, romance, action, etc. Maybe he’ll even meet Brad Pitt. Taehyung smiles. When that happens, he should ask Brad Pitt for his autograph and for him to write a short message to Jin. 

 

Jin would love that. 

 

Taehyung feels tears come to his eyes but he blinks them away. He won’t be with Jin anymore, not physically but he’ll be with Jin through his movies. After all, Jin always liked watching Hollywood movies on movie night. 

 

Taehyung turns on his phone to see if he had gotten a reply from V. No reply. It’s not likely for V to run late. Why isn’t he here yet? He’s starting to worry he won’t get to his flight on time. 

 

Taehyung let his eyes scan the airport. As if the perfect timing, the automatic doors his eyes land on open and running through is, “Jin.” 

 

Taehyung could not believe his eyes. He blinks hard. ‘It’s not Jin. I just miss him so much that I’m hallucinating,’Taehyung tells himself. Despite his words, Hallucination Jin sees him too, walking closer. 

 

Taehyung can’t move as Hallucination Jin comes up to him. He looks happy. “Taehyung,” Seokjin starts, but Taehyung looks down, unable to look at the person he still loves. 

 

In Seokjin’s hand is his ticket. Taehyung feels a wave of anguish come over him. Seokjin just had to be the one who gives him the ticket. “Thanks for bringing my ticket,” Taehyung tries to smile, hand out for the ticket. 

 

Seokjin looks hurt? He looks down at Taehyung’s hand, “Were you going to leave without telling me?” 

 

Taehyung’s hand drops, “I didn’t want to bother you.” He already stepped out of Seokjin’s life. He doesn’t need to linger any longer. He’s still looking down, catching sight of the humongous bandage around Jin’s finger. Instinctively, he grabs Seokjin’s hand, “Jin, what happened?” 

 

Seokjin doesn’t say anything, concerning Taehyung even more. “Did you cut yourself while cooking?” Taehyung asks, worried. “Is it just a small cut? It looks big. Or did you burn yourself,” he says all in one go. Only then does he realize how close he is to Seokjin. 

 

“I miss you,” Seokjin says, soft-spoken. Taehyung wants to step away. They already had this painful conversation. No need for a second time. Yet, he can’t bring himself to because also misses Seokjin. 

 

“Even though you told me to love V, I can’t. I can’t stop thinking about you. I can’t stop thinking about your smiles and mischief. I can’t stop thinking about your warm embrace. I can’t stop thinking about your kindness to everyone around you. I can’t stop thinking about your eyes that are a whole other universe. I can’t love anyone else,” Seokjin takes in a deep breath, “I can’t stop loving you, Kim Taehyung.” 

 

Seokjin’s eyes are wide, full of nervousness and apprehension. 

 

Taehyung brings his hand up, “Give me the ticket.” Seokjin’s eyes get watery and he shakes his head. “Ji-“ Taehyung catches himself, almost calling him by his nickname again. “Seokjin, give me the ticket,” he says, this time sterner. 

 

Shakily and with his head down, Seokjin follows his orders and gives him the ticket.

 

Taehyung takes the ticket. He doesn’t think twice before there’s a tearing sound ripping through the air. Seokjin looks up, stupefied. 

 

Rip. Rip. Rip. Enough. Taehyung’s had enough. 

 

He throws the rest of the plane ticket into the air and pulls Seokjin into a hug. “I thought I’d never see you again, Jinnie,” he says, missing the nickname. Seokjin hugs him as tightly back. “I thought I could live without you. I was wrong. So wrong.” 

 

Seokjin pulls away, only enough so to caress his cheek. “I can’t believe you were going to run away from me,” he says, half-pouting with some tears still in his eyes. 

 

Taehyung leans forward so their foreheads touch, “But I didn’t because you came back.” He kisses the tip of Seokjin’s nose. “I don’t know how but I’ll find a way for us to be together. I will talk to V. I will talk to your parents. I will find a way for us to be together,” Taehyung tells Seokjin. 

 

He was a coward, not wanting to face all the obstacles if he chose Seokjin but to hell with that. It doesn’t matter how many obstacles get in his way. He’ll find a way for him and Seokjin to be together. 

 

“About that..” Seokjin smiles, “V wanted me to say hi for him.” He raises his left hand. In place of V’s wedding ring, is Taehyung’s ring. “He was the one who told me you were here. He let me go so I could be with you.” 

 

Taehyung doesn’t let a second beat before he connects their lips. Seokjin’s lips greet him warmly and Taehyung could feel tingles. He wraps his arms around Seokjin, pulling him closer. 

 

He reminds himself to thank V later. After all, if he never came to charade as V, he would’ve not met Seokjin.

 

When they part for air, Taehyung lifts Seokjin, causing him to yelp. For the first time in a long while, Taehyung feels nothing but joy. He spins Seokjin around, earning a couple of glances from strangers but he doesn’t care. He’s laughing and Jin’s laughter accompanies him.

 

He sets Seokjin down who’s still laughing. Taehyung hasn’t seen that in a while. He presses a light kiss to Jin’s cheek. “I love you, Kim Seokjin,” Taehyung says, holding him close.

 

Seokjin beams, “I love you too, Kim Taehyung.” 
 

 

 

 

 

…………………

Author's Note: 

Writing Charade was so fun! I hope it was as fun reading it. I haven’t written for a while so this was my comeback. I hope to write more stories in the near future. Thank you for all the love and support for Charade! As always, stay happy and healthy.<3

 

P.S. Give lots of love to BTS & BE <3