Again

Charade

Taehyung holds his hand up to the sun, blocking its bright rays. He sighs as he drops his hand letting the sun kiss him. It feels like it was only yesterday that he left Seokjin. 

 

He lets his eyes close. Jin, who he loves so much. Jin, who he misses so much. Taehyung chuckles dryly. Jin must be happy. Unbothered by the fact that Taehyung left. Unbeknownst to him. 

 

Taehyung sits up, ruffling his hair. Maybe he should go home. Taehyung pulls his bag towards him. He takes out a sketchbook and a pencil. He doesn’t want to go home. Doesn’t want to go back to his apartment which is filled with memories of Jin. 

 

He lets the pencil guide his hand. He’s been drawing. It takes his mind off of Seokjin sometimes. He reaches the end of the page. Looking at the whole picture, he realizes he didn’t even draw. 

 

More like scribbling along the page. The lines loop through each other into a shape. Into a heart. He closes the sketchbook. Maybe he should get something to eat. Taehyung lifts himself off the ground and slings the one strap bag around himself. 

 

Is there an event today? Many people are bustling on the sidewalks and streets. A couple chasing each other run past him, making him almost lose his balance. A family walk by him with their baby staring at Taehyung with wide eyes. Taehyung offers a small smile and wave. 

 

He looks around. Everyone’s sharing their smiles and laughter with someone. It’s picture-perfect except for him who doesn’t have a loved one by their side. 

 

Taehyung steps out of the picture-perfect streets and into a restaurant. The restaurant is packed and he finds himself to be alone again. He seats himself at a table meant for two. A waitress nods in his direction as if to tell him she’ll be right with him. 

 

Taehyung looks down at his hands that’s lying on the smooth black table. V’s wedding ring is gone, leaving his finger feeling bare but free. Seokjin’s bracelet is gone. Taehyung gave it to V. He’s not the rightful owner. It was never his, to begin with. 

 

Taehyung looks away from his hands, his heart heavy. Instead, he focuses on the t.v. hanging in the corner of the store. It plays an advertisement that has two guys in fancy suits fighting over a phone. 

 

The ad is amusing and brings a smile to his face. His smiles stop when the ad is over and in place what seems like the recording of a conference. He doesn’t hear a word due to the loud chatter in the restaurant but he does see. 

 

On the screen is V. The camera zooms out and Taehyung could feel his breathing stop. He smiles as he sees Jin. He’s in a simple black suit with his hair styled so to see his forehead. He looks as beautiful as Taehyung last saw him. 

 

His smile stops when he sees V wrap an arm around Jin’s waist. Jin and V both look at the cameras as they flash. Taehyung’s shoulders sink as he watches the perfect couple. He ends up leaving. 

 

He walks home, his mind void of any thoughts because, in the end, all his thoughts will point to a certain someone. A certain someone who he shouldn’t be thinking about. Taehyung’s steps stagger. He never even knew Taehyung’s name. 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. He needs to stop thinking like this. All negative, sad, yearning, heartbroken- Taehyung slaps himself mentally. He should order fried chicken for dinner. 

 

Taehyung smacks his lips together, satisfied. Food always makes you feel better. Isn’t that what he told Taehyung? Yes, it is. 

 

Taehyung’s relieved to see his apartment complex. No more thinking for now. He should call his mom even though they just talked two days ago. Taehyung reaches for the keys in his pocket as he nears his door. He hasn’t talked to his step-sister yet. He misses them. Even his step-dad. 

 

Taehyung looks up and his eyes widen. Tears rush to his eyes and a smile to his lips. He wants to run to him and envelop him in a hug. Wants to tell him how much he misses him. Wants to hear his voice. Seokjin’s voice. 

 

Taehyung’s rush of emotions sputters as reality hits him. 

 

He can’t do all that. It won’t make sense to Jin. He’s not supposed to see Seokjin again. Not supposed to hold him and kiss him anymore. He was never to love him in the first place. The keys dangling in his hands drop. 

 

Seokjin who was standing by the door turns his head. His eyes widen and he too has mixed emotions on his face. Taehyung can’t bear to look directly at him, his heart is too weak for that. “V?” Jin breathes out. Taehyung’s eyes flicker away and panic rises. 

 

What should he do and say? Should he continue acting as V? Is that too risky? He promised himself that he’ll never charade as V again. He promised. He’s not V. He’s Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung clears the emotions on his face and looks back at Seokjin whose eyes are wide with something. ‘No. I’m not V. I’m not V,’ Taehyung tells himself. He won’t tie himself to that name anymore. 

 

“Can I help you?” Taehyung ends up asking in English. ‘Stupid. Stupid. What are you doing? Just tell him.’ Taehyung tilts his head, raising a brow.

 

His mind is screaming at him so loud he’s afraid Seokjin will hear it. “I-uh-“ Seokjin looks shocked. His eyes search Taehyung as if searching for someone he knows very well. “Do you..live here?” A wide-eyed Jin asks in English. 

 

“Yes,” Taehyung replies in English back. He clears his throat. This time in Korean, “I just came from the States.” Don’t ask what he’s trying to do. He doesn’t know himself, but he knows that he shouldn’t confuse Jin with his identity. 

 

“Oh,” Seokjin nods. His furrowed brows go away and in place a polite smile. “Have you seen the owner of this place?” He points at Taehyung’s door. “I’m..looking for him.” 

 

Taehyung’s facade stutters. 

 

Seokjin came for him? He came back to where they built so many memories together. Why? It’s not like he misses Taehyung. How can that be when Seokjin already has V? Yet, he can’t help the light delight in his heart. 

 

“I do,” Taehyung answers calmly, in contrast to what’s going on in his head. “I’m renting the place until I get a stable job.” Inside, Taehyung winces at his lie. Seokjin deflates and Taehyung can practically see the wheels turning in his head. 

 

Taehyung can’t bear to be in this situation anymore. Sooner or later, his acting will crash down like a house of cards. “If that’s all, I would like to go in,” he says stepping closer to the door and Jin. 

 

He unlocks the door, feeling Jin’s presence behind him. ‘Just go. Go back to V, your husband,’ Taehyung thinks crestfallenly. One step into the apartment and he stops. He turns his head and looks down. 

 

“I don’t have a place to stay,” Seokjin tells him, gripping his sleeve. Taehyung has to mask his confusion. Why is Jin lying? “I thought the person I was looking for was going to be here.” 

 

Taehyung pulls his arm away harshly. “It’s not my problem. I’m already living here. You can go find another place.” He hates that he has to do this, but he already walked away from V and Seokjin. Even though his heart is unsettled, he can’t turn back. 

 

He goes into the apartment. Before closing the door, Seokjin speaks. “Please. Let me stay,” his eyes are full of desperation. “Please.”

 

Taehyung wants to close the door in his face, but his eyes linger too long on Seokjin’s eyes. 

 

~~~~

 

“Thank you for letting me stay.” 

 

Taehyung waves him off, eyes solely on his phone purposely. Should he text V and tell him what’s happening? Or should he text Jungkook, Namjoon, or Hoseok? “I’m Seokjin,” Jin tells him. “What’s your name?” 

 

Name? Taehyung finally looks at Jin upon letting him stay for three days. Three days! What was he thinking? It’s okay. Only three days. Nothing’s bound to happen in only three days. 

 

He blinks. He didn’t think of a name for this persona yet. Seokjin looks at him, blinking softly and prettily. “Vante,” Taehyung blurts. He said whatever name came to mind. 

 

“Van-te,” Seokjin pronounces. He tilts his head. “Is that how names in America are?” 

 

Taehyung dismisses the quick blush on his cheeks. “Yes, they are,” he lies. Taehyung smacks himself internally. What’s with all these lies? He turns away from Jin’s innocent eyes. 

 

He can’t believe Seokjin’s in his apartment again. Can’t believe that he saw him again. It’s putting his head and heart at war right now. 

 

“I’m going to sleep,” Taehyung declares a little too loud. Seokjin flinches, and that brings a small smile to Taehyung’s face. Seokjin catches it and Taehyung scratches his head awkwardly. “You can sleep on the sofa. I’ll bring you the blankets and pillows.” 

 

When he comes back to the living room with the blankets and pillows, Jin’s in the kitchen. He stirs ramen in a pot, and only then does Taehyung realize he hadn’t eaten yet. 

 

“You didn’t eat dinner yet, right?” Jin asks him. “You don’t have much in your fridge so I’m just making ramen. Join me?” Taehyung watches as Jin turns off the stove, smelling the aroma of the ramen. 

 

“I’m fine,” Taehyung’s stomach whines, but he ignores it. Seokjin brings the pot over, not bothering to put in a bowl. He sets it right on the coffee table, in front of Taehyung. 

 

“You sure?” Jin asks settling on the sofa. Taehyung hesitates, and that probably shows as Seokjin pats the spot next to him. “I made two packs.” 

 

That’s enough as Taehyung nods, and seats himself next to Jin, almost too fast. Taehyung waits for Seokjin to take the first bite before digging in. He sighs as his hunger is no more. 

 

They eat in silence. Being so close to Jin, Taehyung can’t help it as his eyes settle on his every feature. How has he been? He looks skinnier. He looks tired as if he hasn’t been sleeping. 

 

Taehyung’s eyes fall on his hands. He goes into a fitting cough, noodles in his mouth. “W-what?” Seokjin stares at him, cheeks full, and concern in his eyes. Taehyung shakes his head to tell him he’s fine. However, Seokjin rushes to the kitchen as Taehyung continues coughing. 

 

Seokjin returns with a water bottle and a paper towel. Taehyung finally stops coughing and chugs down the water. He breathes out and sets the water bottle on the coffee table. “Thanks, Seokjin.” 

 

“Yeah, no problem,” Seokjin says quietly. Taehyung goes back to eating. He stops chewing when he feels something touching the corner of his lips. Without turning his head, his eyes flit to the side. 

 

Seokjin’s wiping the corner of his mouth with the paper towel. Taehyung’s frozen as he watches Jin. Seokjin eyes meet him, and Taehyung can feel his heart melt. Is he imagining or are those the same eyes that stared at him with love when he was V? 

 

This moment reminds Taehyung of those days. The days when he was with Jin all day. The many kisses they returned to each other. 

 

Taehyung catches himself leaning into Seokjin’s touch and stands up abruptly. 

 

He doesn’t say anything as he makes his way to his room, purposely avoiding Seokjin’s confused eyes. 

 

That night, he has a hard time falling asleep. The image of Seokjin wiping his mouth coming back to him, and how he let himself kinda lean into the familiar touch. The thing that troubles him more, being the reason he choked on the noodles, is that when he looked at Seokjin’s hands. He noticed he isn’t wearing the ring he gave him nor V’s wedding ring. 

 

Taehyung sighs as he silences the yearning in his heart. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung bites his lip in concentration. Almost there. His fat finger slips. “No,” he cries out. He brings the heart up to examine. “No..” There’s now an ugly crease that’s clear as day.

 

 “Can I try?” Seokjin asks meekly. Taehyung lifts head to see Jin standing awkwardly to the side. He looks back down at his failed origami heart. 

 

Truth to be told, Taehyung has been avoiding Seokjin almost all day. He doesn’t want to risk anything. He can’t avoid him forever though as they live in the same place as of now. 

 

“Sure,” Taehyung agrees, hesitantly. If he wants to finish folding a hundred hearts tonight, maybe he should let Jin help him. 

 

He turns back to his heart. It seems like there’s no saving it so he tosses it. He had volunteered to make hearts for this school. He needs to make a hundred hearts. He has only made seven hearts and the event’s tomorrow. 

 

Taehyung starts a new heart which he finishes perfectly. He looks over to Jin who’s been quiet. Taehyung can’t help it as he burst into giggles as he sees how much Jin is struggling. Seokjin’s cheeks dust with pink, “W-what?” 

 

Taehyung takes the attempted heart out of his hands. He burst into laughter once more looking at the weird triangle rather than heart. “If you didn’t know how to make it, why didn’t you tell me?” 

 

Jin looks away from him, “I thought I could handle it...I wanted to help. Not be a bother.” 

 

Taehyung grins, “If you want to help, then help properly.” He unfolds Jin’s light pink origami paper. “Here, let me show you.” Taehyung takes a light blue paper for himself. “You fold this side first. Only halfway to the middle,” he shows as he speaks. “Not all the way or it won’t be even.” 

 

Seokjin attempts to refold his heart. “No, not that far out or it’ll look funky,” Taehyung tells him. He takes the paper from Jin’s hand and folds it properly. “Here, now you try.” Seokjin tries again. “Not-no,” Taehyung says in English. “Like this, see.” 

 

“After you do that,” Taehyung starts folding again but stops when he notices Seokjin’s doing it wrong. He puts both arms around Jin as he takes the paper, holding it in front of Jin. “Carefully fold along the edges.” 

 

He doesn’t notice their positions until he’s finished folding the heart. “Tada! Isn’t it nice?” Taehyung asks, smiling at Jin. Only then does he realize their proximity. 

 

“Yeah, it’s nice,” Jin says as he looks into Taehyung’s eyes. “I think I got it now.” 

 

Taehyung nods and scoots away. His personal bubble comes back, but the warm feeling goes away. 

 

They spend the next few hours folding paper hearts. Taehyung lets go and doesn’t let himself get hold back by being Vante. He misses Jin. It’s nice to talk and be around him again. 

 

Taehyung sighs dramatically as he leans back. His fingers are starting to feel weird. “You know, if you want to finish by tonight, you should pick up the speed,” Jin tells him as he continues folding paper hearts. 

 

“Says the one who’s moving slower than a snail,” Taehyung teases. 

 

“Hey! I’m helping you here,” Seokjin glares at him. 

 

Taehyung scoots closer. Jin stiffens but continues staring at him. “Why did you want to stay with me?” Taehyung asks. He’s not sure if he’s asking about the apartment or something more. 

 

“Like I said. I don’t have a place to stay,” Jin replies smoothly. He turns back to his origami heart. 

 

“I could’ve been a serial killer or,” Taehyung leans in to whisper in Jin’s ear, “I could still be a serial killer.” Not gonna lie, he misses teasing Seokjin.

 

“Well, you’re not. What if,” this time it’s Seokjin’s turn to look at him, “I’m the killer.” Seokjin has a playful grin that mirrors Taehyung. 

 

They continue folding paper hearts until they finish a hundred of them. “Okay, I’m going to bed,” Taehyung announces. He plops down on the sofa. He feels bad for letting Seokjin sleep here last night. 

 

He’s the guest, but Taehyung let his feelings get in the way. “Are you that tired that you forgot what your bed looks like?” Jin asks him with a raised brow. 

 

“I just want to sleep on the sofa tonight. You can sleep on my bed,” Taehyung says nonchalantly. “Kill the lights on your way out.” 

 

Seokjin turns the lights off, and Taehyung lets his eyes close. “Goodnight, Vante.” 

 

“Night, Jin,” Taehyung replies with a smile on his lips. 

 

~~~~

 

When Taehyung wakes up for work, he isn’t expecting a cooked breakfast waiting for him. “I figured you were going to work so I made breakfast,” Seokjin tells him cheerily. 

 

“Oh, you didn’t have to-“ 

 

“No-I wanted to do it,” Seokjin says. Taehyung’s eyes widen. Jin wanted to make him breakfast? Jin must’ve noticed his reaction because he clears his throat and looks away. “It’s the least I can do to thank you for letting me stay here.” 

 

Taehyung hides his delight and eats the breakfast. Seokjin eats with him. “Did you sleep well?” Taehyung asks the stuffed cheeked Seokjin. He has to hold back from squishing those cheeks and doing something else.

 

“Very well,” Seokjin answers, still chewing his food. He swallows, “Can I ask you something, Vante?” 

 

“Sure,” Taehyung answers. He notices Seokjin’s look of contemplation which makes him uneasy. 

 

“I...” Seokjin looks up. Their gazes meet. Taehyung feels his heartbeat pick up. Why does this moment feel more intense than it has to be? Seokjin’s not with a smile but his eyes do it for him. He takes in a deep breath, then exhales. 

 

Whatever it is, it’s certainly making him nervous. Seokjin breaks away from his gaze. “I want to go with you,” he finally says at last. 

 

“You want to..go with me?” Taehyung asks, not quite catching on. 

 

Seokjin flushes, “I mean I want to go to work with you. Staying here and doing nothing gets boring.” 

 

Taehyung’s taken aback by Seokjin’s request. He doesn’t know what to say at first. “You can’t,” he says. Right after he said that he wish he didn’t because Jin’s smiling eyes flicker. 

 

“Why not? I won’t be a nuisance. I’ll help in any way I can,” Seokjin pleads. Taehyung does the mistake of looking at his puppy eyes. 

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung has a soft smile as he watches Seokjin restock the shelves. Surprisingly, his boss agreed to let Jin work today. Out of the blue, Seokjin turns to him and Taehyung’s caught in the act of watching him and smiling. 

 

He averts his eyes and busies himself with counting the packs of gums on the counter. ‘What was I doing? Smiling at Jin like that,’ Taehyung shakes his head. Seokjin is just so endearing. 

 

He leaves his thoughts as customers come into the store. As the workday continues, he makes sure to keep an eye on Jin. When lunchtime rolls around, they both sit on the steps in front of the store. Taehyung hands Seokjin a bento box and a samgak kimbap. He has the same things for himself. 

 

Taehyung starts to regret sitting out here where the temperature’s rising to the point where beads of sweat gather at the top of his forehead. “Isn’t it hot for a spring day?” Seokjin asks, fanning himself with his hand. 

 

Taehyung chuckles and grabs the piece of cardboard next to him. He starts fanning Seokjin who beams. He’s finished with his food by now so he just fans Seokjin who’s still eating. 

 

When he’s done eating, Taehyung puts down the cardboard. He picks up his empty bento box. He’s taken aback when Seokjin reaches out to him. Seokjin’s wearing long sleeves. He pulls the sleeve up to his hand as much as possible and dabs the beads of sweat on Taehyung’s face with it. 

 

“Thanks for being my fan. You were so busy keeping me cool, you didn’t fan yourself,” Seokjin says a little shyly. 

 

Taehyung smiles, “It’s fine. I don’t mind being your fan.” Deciding to have fun with wordplay, he says, “I like being your biggest fan. Always cheering for you.” At this, Seokjin burst into laughter. Taehyung laughs too. 

 

Their workday ends with the sun just starting to set. 

 

Seokjin gasps, “Look, Vante!” Taehyung looks in the direction where Seokjin is pointing. A festival. In the middle of a park, there’s bright lights, laughter, and many, many people. “It looks so fun.” 

 

“Good for them,” Taehyung says, and continues walking. As fun as it was to have Jin by his side the whole day, he was still working and could use his beauty sleep as of now. 

 

“Wait,” Seokjin pulls his hand back. “Let’s join them,” Seokjin suggests, voice bright and restless. 

 

“Seokjin...” Taehyung tries to protest but Seokjin’s already dragging him into the park. So to not lose him in the crowd, Taehyung tightens their connected hands. Seokjin looks back with a wide smile, eyes brighter than all the lights around. 

 

They walk around for a while. Taehyung’s used to festivals like this. As a kid growing up, he always went to them. Seokjin, on the other hand, looks like a little kid as his big eyes scan everything. 

 

The crowd only seems to grow as the night breathes on. “Seokjin,” Taehyung tugs on Jin’s hand. “Let’s sit down for a bit, yeah?” Seokjin nods. Taehyung leads them away from the crowd and to a more serene spot. 

 

They settle under a tree. The music and chatter further away. Taehyung isn’t sure what to do when his eyes land on their connected hands. The right thing to do would be to pull away. Taehyung peeks at Jin to see his reaction, but he’s busy watching the festival. So Taehyung leaves their hands be. 

 

“This must be your first time coming to a festival?” Taehyung asks, though he already knows the answer. 

 

“Is it that obvious?” Seokjin asks sheepishly. 

 

Taehyung chuckles, “Only ninety-five percent obvious.” 

 

Seokjin looks embarrassed, “That’s not true..” This only adds to Taehyung’s chuckling. He expects Seokjin to get more embarrassed and yell at him. What he does not expect are Seokjin’s eyes to soften. 

 

“Do you want to get something to eat?” Taehyung asks, changing the subject. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head, “You’ve already done so much for me.” 

 

“What! I haven’t,” Taehyung declines, “It’s no problem. There should be some delicious macarons somewhere around here.” He tries to find the familiar macaron stand that comes every time. “Ah, bingo.” 

 

He gets up but stops when Seokjin doesn’t look get of his hand. Seokjin avoids his eyes, and in a soft voice, “It’s fine. Just sit here with me.” Taehyung obeys and sits back down next to him. His hand that’s connected with Seokjin tingles. 

 

He’s not sure what to say. Seokjin’s gone quiet as well. Clearing his throat, Taehyung says, “You know I entered ten puns in a pun contest.” He’s looking straight ahead so he can’t see Jin’s reaction. “I was hoping one would win..” he turns to Seokjin. “But no pun in ten did.” 

 

It doesn’t even take a beat before Seokjin’s doubling over in laughter. Taehyung smiles. Jin always likes jokes. “I didn’t take you for someone who makes jokes, Vante.” 

 

Taehyung shrugs, “I didn’t take you for someone who would like jokes.” When he first met Jin, he was quiet, calm, collected, and mature-seeming. Now, he seems more comfortable and like himself. 

 

Seokjin leans back, “I guess everybody has surprises.” 

 

 “Do you like surprises?” Taehyung asks. Would Jin be surprised if he found out about his true identity? 

 

“I want to say yes, but I can’t say for sure.” Seokjin looks out at a particular part of the festival where people are dancing. “But I don’t hate them either. Surprises aren’t usually bad. Why? Do you have a surprise for me?” Seokjin asks, nudging his shoulder. 

 

Taehyung ignores his question and instead stands up. Seokjin and his hands are still connected. Seokjin’s curious eyes look up at him. “Do you want to join them?” Taehyung gestures to the people dancing. Seokjin smiles and stands up. 

 

They join the crowd with a wide range of age groups. “Jin!” Taehyung calls out as he and Seokjin get separated. He could see Seokjin’s mouth moves but couldn’t hear a thing. 

 

The fun of the festival does get to him though and he finds himself following the beat of the music. Every once in a while, he and Seokjin would see each other. But before they could reach each other, they’d get separated. 

 

The dance soon changes and it’s not just them dancing by themselves but in pairs. Taehyung goes through pairing with a little girl, an auntie, and a boy around his age. However, he has his eyes set on Jin. 

 

Taehyung finds himself smiling at the many attempts to dance with Jin. He could see Jin trying too which makes it even funnier. The beat picks up and all the instruments in the song are playing. It’s about to be the end.

 

Taehyung’s hand reaches out as Seokjin’s right next to him. Seokjin’s hand reaches for his. In the corner of Taehyung’s eyes, he could see someone spinning in their direction. 

 

The music rings loudly in Taehyung’s ear, the speed picking up. He grabs Seokjin’s hand and pulls him towards him. Seokjin comes right into his chest. He grabs Taehyung’s shoulder as Taehyung’s hand rests on his waist. 

 

The music comes to a stop, just as they meet each other. Taehyung grins his signature boxy smile as he regains his even breathing. Seokjin’s grinning as well. Even though so many obstacles, they ended up with each other in the end. Though, they didn’t even dance. 

 

The people around them cheer and start dispersing, leaving Taehyung and Seokjin still holding onto each other in the middle of it all. 

 

Taehyung can’t stop smiling, as they pull away from each other. “That was tiring,” Seokjin says, still with a smile. 

 

“But it was fun,” Taehyung adds on. 

 

“Yeah, it was,” Seokjin says, meeting his eyes. 

 

~~~~

 

“If you want to make it home, you’re gonna have to walk faster than that,” Taehyung tells Seokjin who’s falling behind. 

 

“I’m walking at a normal pace. You’re the one who’s walking fast,” Seokjin shoots back at him. Taehyung chuckles silently. He stops and bends down. “See. You’re even taking a break,” Seokjin says conceited. 

 

Taehyung laughs out loud and turns his head to look at Jin who is still behind. “Maybe I am just taking a break and not offering to carry you,” Taehyung says in a serious tone. 

 

He pretends to get up but Seokjin’s footsteps speed up. He throws his arms around Taehyung’s shoulders, stopping him from fully getting up. “Will you carry me?” Jin asks ruefully. 

 

“Since you asked so nicely then sure,” Taehyung replies, cheeky. He walks with Seokjin on his back and again, a sense of deja vu washes over him. 

 

Seokjin rests his head on his shoulder. “Thanks for being my ride,” he says in a soft and mellifluous voice. 

 

“You’re welcome,” Taehyung replies, yawning. Seokjin giggles quietly. They continue their trip back to Taehyung’s apartment in silence. Thinking Jin must’ve fallen asleep, Taehyung keeps quiet. That’s why he almost staggers when Seokjin taps his shoulder. “Yes, Jin.”

 

“This is for you,” Jin says in a hushed voice. He holds it out only a little bit so Taehyung has to reach for it first, before taking a look at it. 

 

“Thanks, Jin. You didn’t have to,” he says as he grabs the gift. He stops walking as he sees Seokjin’s gift. 

 

In his hand is a purple paper heart. 

 

“I purple you,” Seokjin says.