Deeper

Charade

Taehyung awakes to the cold kissing his face. He groans as he sits up, forcing his sleepy eyes to open. The balcony door was wide open. He turned to Seokjin's side of the bed which was empty. Taehyung gets up from the bed and makes his way to the balcony. 

 

He rubs the tiredness from his eyes, squinting at Seokjin. "Jin?" 

 

Seokjin turns around, a small smile on his lips. "Did I wake you?" 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. "No. The cold did." Seokjin laughs, the sound of it warming Taehyung up. "What are you doing? It's the middle of the night," Taehyung notices the dark of the sky. 

 

"I couldn't sleep," Seokjin tells him. Taehyung walks over to Seokjin and back hugs him. 

 

"What's on your mind? You can talk to me about it," Taehyung snuggles his face into the crook of Seokjin's neck. Seokjin stays quiet, earning a raised brow from Taehyung. "Jin?" 

 

He steps back from Jin, pulling his arms back. His jaw drops as a red liquid drip from his hands. "Jin!" He turns Seokjin around by the shoulders. "You're bleeding." Seokjin stares unemotionally at his panicked state. "Where . ." 

 

The blood was coming from his chest, right where his heart is. "Jin, you're bleeding . ." Taehyung trails off, looking at the gushing blood. 

 

"You too, Taehyung." Taehyung's eyes widen at the calling of his name. He puts a hand on top of his own heart, to see bright red blood. 

 

Taehyung sits up, gasping. His hand immediately comes up to his chest. No blood. No red. Nightmare. Just a nightmare. His breath hitches as his eyes fall over to the empty spot next to him. Seokjin! His frantic eyes fall onto the wide-open balcony door. 

 

"No . ." Taehyung whispers. Why is this like the dream? Despite this scene being similar to his nightmare, he stands up and makes his way to the balcony. There, Seokjin is. Just like the nightmare. "Jin?" 

 

Seokjin turns around, "Did I wake you?" Taehyung's eyes immediately fall to his chest which isn't bleeding. "I couldn't go to sleep so I stepped out for some fresh air." Taehyung is still looking at Seokjin's chest warily, waiting for blood to start oozing out. "V?" 

 

The bleeding doesn't seem to come, calming Taehyung down. He steps towards Seokjin and hugs him. He buries his face in the crook of Seokjin's neck. "I had a nightmare." He squeezes his eyes shut, the image of Seokjin bleeding, fresh in his mind. "You were hurt." 

 

Seokjin caresses his head, "Well, I'm not hurt now." He continues Taehyung's head. "Unlike you, I had a nice dream. We were jet skiing. The water was so blue, it seemed fake. The sand, practically white." 

 

Taehyung pulls away, "Was I good at jet skiing?" 

 

Seokjin laughs, "You were okay." 

 

"Okay! Only okay!" Taehyung pouts, making Seokjin laugh more. 

 

Seokjin connects their hands, "Yeah, just okay." Before Taehyung could protest, Seokjin leans forward and presses his cheek against Taehyung's. Cheek kiss. He smiles softly at Taehyung. "Let's go back to sleep. I'm freezing out here." 

 

Seokjin leads them back inside. As they get into bed, Taehyung sneaks a peck on Seokjin's cheek who blushes in return. "Thanks for making me feel better," Taehyung says and wraps an arm around Seokjin's waist. Seokjin's back is against Taehyung's chest.

 

"You're welcome," Seokjin says quietly. Taehyung has no trouble falling asleep knowing Seokjin's safe and sound in his arms. 

 

~~~~

 

"Meeting dismissed," Taehyung leans back in his chair as the employees file out of the room. He rubs his forehead, feeling a headache startup. 

 

"Are you feeling okay, Taehyung?" Hoseok whispers to him. 

 

"Can you go get some medicine for me? A headache's staring up." Hoseok nods and leaves the room. Some employees are still packing up, chattering softly together. Taehyung turns in his spinning chair so that he's facing the window. He closes his eyes. 

 

"Chairman Kim?" Taehyung opens his eyes and turns around to face the owner of the voice. Despite the throbbing in his head, he offers a kind smile. "Do you need something, Hei Ryung?" 

 

Hei Ryung's eyes widen and she smiles back. "Nothing. I was just checking on you. You look kind of pale." 

 

"Secretary Jung's getting me some medicine. You-" Taehyung was cut-off before he could finish. 

 

"I can get you some warm lemon water. They help when I get headaches," Hei Ryung says eagerly. 

 

Taehyung's taken aback. "That sounds nice but if it's too much of a hassle-" Hei Ryung smiles widely and zooms out the room before Taehyung could say anything else. 

 

Shortly after, Hei Ryung comes in with hot water and lemon slices. "This isn't just good for headaches. It's good for your health as well," she tells him as she gives him a cup.

 

"Ah? Thank you," Taehyung takes a sip. To his surprise, it's kind of sweet. He takes another sip, enjoying the sweetness. 

 

"Looks like you enjoy the honey," Hei Ryung smiles at him. "I wasn't sure if you would like it to be sweet but, I took a chance." 

 

"I prefer sweetness over bitterness any day," Taehyung says like a kid. 

 

Hei Ryung giggles at this as Taehyung continues drinking the warm lemon water. Taehyung glances at the door. When was Hoseok coming back? His headache's tone down but not completely gone. 

 

"I'm glad you like the sweetness. I like sweetness too." Hei Ryung leans closer, leaning her head on her hand. She tilts her head and smiles at Taehyung. "You know what else is sweet?" 

 

Taehyung is kind of confused as to where this conversation is going. Hoseok should be arriving soon. "Chocolate?" He answers, his confusion showing through. 

 

Hei Ryung laughs. "Nope." She bops a finger on his nose. "You," she chirps. Him? He's sweet? How? Oh. Taehyung's eyes widen as he realizes what Hei Ryung's doing. 

 

"Chairman Kim." Taehyung looks up, feeling relieved. Hoseok comes to his side, a small paper bag in hands. "Hei Ryung, shouldn't you be helping your team right now?" 

 

"But, Chairman Kim . ." Hei Ryung looks over to Taehyung as if asking him to let her stay. 

 

"Thanks for the drink," he smiles a little. She looks like she wants to say more but stands up and bows. 

 

"Hope you feel better soon," she smiles at him before turning and making her way to the door. 

 

Once out of the meeting room, Hoseok turns to him. "Looks like someone has an admirer," Hoseok wiggles his brows. 

 

Taehyung sighs, "I don't understand. Why would she like me? I'm nothing like V." 

 

"That's why she likes you," Hoseok pulls out the bottle of Advil. He pours Taehyung a cup of water with no lemon. "She was quiet and shy around V." Hoseok hands him the cup of water and the pills. 

 

That's hard to believe for Hei Ryung has always chatter a lot around him and with him. "Well, V already has Seokjin." Taehyung takes the pills and gulps down a large amount of water. 

 

"Yeah, but what about you?" Hoseok asks him with a smile. "You should get someone too." 

 

Taehyung puts down the cup, forcing a smile. "I'm going to take a short nap. Wake me up in twenty minutes."

 

Hoseok nods, "Rest well." He leaves the room, leaving Taehyung all alone. Taehyung leans his head on the desk. He bites his bottom lip, thinking of what Hoseok said earlier. 'Yeah, but what about you? You should get someone too.' 

 

'I already have Seokjin,' he thinks to himself sadly. 

 

~~~~

 

"I gotta say, you do have a sense of style," Seokjin checks himself out in the mirror. He twirls around, making Taehyung smile at his adorableness. He and Seokjin decided to have fun by dressing the other up with their clothes. So, Seokjin was wearing V's clothes styled by Taehyung. While Taehyung is in Seokjin's clothes.

 

Honestly, his mind is still on his conversation with Hoseok. "Looks like I didn't do so bad myself," Seokjin says and hops over to him. He brushes Taehyung's shoulders and adjusts the sleeves. 

 

How can he not fall for Seokjin? Taehyung watches Jin fondly as Jin fixes the clothes on him. "You're so adorable. Sometimes I feel like you're doing it on purpose," Taehyung says, memorized by Jin's puffed out cheeks when he's concentrating on something. 

 

"Really? I feel like you act cute on purpose," Seokjin says, lifting his head to meet with Taehyung's. 

 

Taehyung lets a cheery smile escape onto his lips. He presses his forehead against Seokjin's. "I can also be manly and cool," he says in a deep voice

 

Seokjin arches a brow, "I'm not so sure about that." 

 

In a swift move, Taehyung turns Seokjin to look at the mirror, back hugging him. He presses his cheek against Seokjin, enjoying how they look together. "Really?" He asks in a deep voice, lips brushing Jin's ear. 

 

Before Jin could say anything, Taehyung picks him up bridal style. "V!" Taehyung allows himself to smile widely. "Let me down this instant!" Seokjin tries to get out of his hold but struggles since he's scared of falling. 

 

"Oh, you want me to let you down?" Taehyung asks innocently as he carries Seokjin out of their room. 

 

"Yes! Now, stop playing with me!" Seokjin scolds him. Taehyung bites his lip, holding back a smile at how cute Seokjin's being. 

 

"Alright, I'll let you down," Taehyung pretends to drop Seokjin who tightens his grip around Taehyung's neck. They were at the top of the stairs now. "Hmm... Suddenly you don't want to let go of me," Taehyung pretends to be confused as he walks down the stairs with Seokjin in his arms. 

 

Seokjin squeezes his eyes shut. "We're both going to fall," he says as a matter of fact. 

 

"You're not going to fall. Not alone at least." Seokjin opens his eyes, listening to Taehyung. "We'll fall together and I'll make sure to protect you," Taehyung his lips, feeling flush from Seokjin's eyes. 

 

"Did you forget that we're in this situation because of you?" Seokjin asks, yet there were no signs of anger or annoyance. 

 

Taehyung grins sheepishly. "Oh, right." Seokjin laughs, making Taehyung not able to look away. When Seokjin smiles, he wants to become a better person. When Seokjin laughs, the world seems to be a better place. 

 

"You're funny," Seokjin says, bringing him back from his thoughts. "I thought you could only be serious." Taehyung looks down at Seokjin, who's looking up at him. "You're all sorts though," he says tenderly. "And I like that." 

 

They reach the bottom of the stairs. Taehyung can't stop looking at Seokjin. His words echoing in his mind. "You do?" He asks unsurely. Is acting all sorts good? Does that mean he's not acting like V anymore? Should he reel in his feelings for Jin and focus on acting more like V? 

 

"I do," Seokjin's fingertips brush his cheek, shaking him out of his worried thoughts. He tucks Taehyung's hair behind his ear, hand lingering to the back of Taehyung's head. Hesitantly, he brings their faces closer to each other. 

 

Taehyung's frozen, the only thing moving is his heart that's palpating uncontrollably. The only person who can control it is Seokjin. Seokjin, who's coming closer. That'll be their second kiss. 

 

A cough makes them both turn their heads. "Mom," utters Seokjin. Mom? Taehyung's eyes widen at the woman who's eyes are bulging at them. Seokjin's mom. How long has she been standing there? 

 

A sheen layer of sweat comes to his skin, feeling embarrassed. First impressions are important. Yet, here he is with Seokjin in his arms, about to kiss. Awkwardly, he sets Seokjin down. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Kim," Taehyung tries his best to be confident like V is.

 

Mrs. Kim smiles, "Good afternoon to you too, V." Taehyung smiles kindly back. That's right. She's met V before, just not him. The three of them make their way to sit down in the living room. 

 

Taehyung and Seokjin sit together on one couch, adjacent from them is Seokjin's mom. "Is there something you need to tell us, Mom?" Seokjin asks. 

 

Seokjin's mom smiles and she takes Seokjin's hand in hers. "I miss you so much, Seokjin. You too, V." She smiles at Taehyung who smiles back right away. Taehyung can see where Seokjin got his smile. "I was wondering if you two can stay a couple of days with your dad and me for New Year's," she tells Seokjin. 

 

Already? These days, Taehyung hasn't been paying much attention to time. "V will probably have a lot of work so I don't think both of us will be able to come. I can come, though," Seokjin tells his mother with a smile. 

 

'I can't go. Why?' Taehyung sits there confused. It's not like he'll be going anywhere and the workload is pretty fine these days. Seokjin's mom looks equally as disappointed as Taehyung but just nods. "I can come." Seokjin and his mom both look at him, eyes wide in surprise. Was he missing something? 

 

He smiles at Seokjin's mom. "It's just a couple of days and," he looks over to Seokjin. "Seokjin hasn't been home for a while. I don't want to be the bad guy who took him away," he finishes with a soft chuckle. 

 

Seokjin's mom chuckles, bringing a twinkle to her eyes that Taehyung didn't notice wasn't there at first. "Well then, that's settled. I should get going." She stands up and hugs Seokjin. 

 

Shouldn't she sleepover? Seokjin's hometown is a couple of hours away. Taehyung looks at the two, sensing the longing between them. "Stay the night," Taehyung says in a clear and loud voice. "It's a long way back and you must be tired." 

 

"Oh, I wouldn't want to be a bother to you two," Seokjin's mom declines politely. 

 

"It won't be a bother," Taehyung insists. "Right, Jin?" He glances at Jin to back him up. 

 

Seokjin nods, "I do miss your cooking." 

 

~~~~

 

"I can see where Jin got his cooking skills. This is delicious, Mrs. Kim," Taehyung wipes the corners of his lips. 

 

"You're flattering me too much," Seokjin's mom says but, has a bright smile on her face. "How have you two been?" She looks between Taehyung and Seokjin.

 

"We've been . ." Taehyung raises his head to look at Seokjin. They share a fond look across the table. 

 

"Great," Seokjin finishes for him. Taehyung feels his heart flutter, hearing Seokjin say that. So it isn't just him who's been experiencing happy moments that when thinking about it again, brings a smile to his face. 

 

Taehyung didn't even realize they were still locking eyes until he accidentally drops the spoon he was holding. Seokjin giggles as he digs the spoon out of the glass of water. He gives a small kick to Seokjin's leg but continues to talk to Seokjin's mother like nothing happened. 

 

Seokjin also acts as if nothing happened. However, kicks Taehyung back. Dinner finishes with their legs and feet restless from dodging and attacking the other. The servants clear away the dishes as the three of them go back to the living room. 

 

Seokjin excuses himself to the restroom, leaving Taehyung alone with his mom. "Thank you," Seokjin's mom says. 

 

"It's nothing. After a long trip, you should rest." What kind of a person would he be if he let her come all the way here then let her go back with no rest?

 

She smiles and shakes her head. "I'm not thanking you for that. I'm thanking you for taking care of Seokjin." 

 

"Y-you're welcome," he stutters, not expecting to be thanked for that. 

 

"I can feel this radiant and lively aura coming from him, which wasn't there before," she tells Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung didn't notice that about Seokjin. He doesn't want to get hopes up too high. "Well, he hasn't seen you for some time. It could be because of you," Taehyung suggests. 

 

She shakes her head, smiling. "It seems only one person can make my son like this, which is you." Taehyung blushes at this. Just him? "I didn't interrupt something earlier, did I?" 

 

Taehyung tries to recall any earlier events that Seokjin's mom could've interrupted. Realization hits and he reddens, earning a hearty giggle from Seokjin's mom. When he was carrying Seokjin down the stairs and they stopped at the bottom, about to kiss. 

 

"I'm glad you two love each other." Taehyung tries to hide his shock at the words. 'Love each other.' Love. He knows he loves Seokjin with all his heart. However, he's not sure Seokjin loves him back. 

 

"I was really worried at first. Seokjin didn't want to get married yet. You two never met," she takes Taehyung's hand in hers. "In the end, he's happy because of you." 'Happy because of me.' Taehyung could feel a small smile make way on his face. 

 

~~~~

 

"Thank you for letting my mom stay the night," Seokjin thanks Taehyung as they get into bed. 

 

Taehyung doesn't see the big deal. She is Seokjin's mom. Why wouldn't he let her stay over? "She is my mother-in-law and your mother. What kind of son-in-law would I be if I didn't offer her to stay?" 

 

"It would've been fine if you didn't," Seokjin doesn't look at him. "They admire you a lot, anyways." Taehyung tilts his head. Did V dislike Jin's parents or something? 

 

"You didn't have to agree to the New Year's thing. I know you don't like going somewhere for only one to three days if not for business," Jin says while playing with the blanket like it's the most interesting thing in the world. 

 

"Hey," Taehyung grabs Seokjin's hand that was playing with the blanket. "I don't dislike your parents. How can I when they're so polite and kind?" Though he hasn't met Seokjin's dad, he's guessing he's also as kind as Jin and his mother. 

 

Seokjin's still staring down at the blanket. "Can't you look at me? I like looking at your handsome face when I talk to you," Taehyung tells Seokjin affectionately. Seokjin lifts his head, his pretty face making Taehyung blank out for a second. 

 

You'd think he gets used to Jin's face by now. However, the more and more he looks at Seokjin, the more exquisite he gets. With his free hand, Taehyung squeezes Seokjin's cheek. "Cute, handsome, and beautiful. I'm only confident saying this about Kim Seokjin." 

 

Seokjin smiles bashfully, "Sometimes you act like the main lead from a movie. I have to remind myself that I'm not in a movie with a movie star." 

 

Taehyung giggles and snakes his arms around Seokjin's waist. "I feel like this is a movie," he kisses Seokjin's forehead. "Starring you and me." He kisses Seokjin's cheeks. "Kim Seokjin and Kim V." 

 

Seokjin giggles and connects his lips with Taehyung's. It's gentle yet, full. Warm and shy as it is only their second kiss. Soft, sweet, and intimate. Seokjin pulls away, lips pinker than before. Taehyung just wants to continue feeling those lips on his until he falls asleep. 

 

"We have work tomorrow," Seokjin says even though they both already know that. 

 

"So we should start going to sleep," Taehyung says what's both on their minds. Together, they get into the covers. The lights are off, the night thick in the air. Both of them wide awake and still thinking about the shared kiss. 

 

~~~~

 

"Come in," Taehyung says as he hears a knock on the door. He flips through his finish pages of work, ready to hand it to Hoseok. "Hoseok, what time am I meeting with . ." Taehyung trails off as he sees the person who walked in. Not Hoseok. 

 

"We're having a company dinner tonight. You should come, Chairman Kim," Hei Ryung tells him with a smile. 

 

"I can't come this time. Maybe another time," Taehyung declines politely. Tonight, he's going to watch a movie with Jin. He returns his gaze to his work, hoping Hei Ryung would take it as a sign for her to leave. 

 

Hei Ryung stands there for a couple of minutes as if contemplating what to do. In the end, she turns on her heels and leaves the office. 'I wonder what Jin's doing,' Taehyung thinks. He opens his phone which has Seokjin as the lock screen. He can't wait to go home and have a movie night with Jin.

 

It felt like years before Taehyung was finally done with work. He practically skips to his car, feeling bubbly as he drives to Seokjin's restaurant. He arrives in no time. "Are you in the mood for scary movies?" Taehyung asks as Jin got in the car. 

 

"I'm in the mood. But, are you in the mood?" Seokjin asks. "I wouldn't want you to get scared and not be able to sleep," Seokjin teases him. 

 

"I-I won't be scared," Taehyung stutters, not believing himself fully. 

 

Seokjin laughs. "If you say so." Taehyung pulls to a stop because of traffic. He presses his lips together, trying to see if there are any shortcuts. He wants to have a movie night. Bingo. He turns onto an unfamiliar street. "You sure you know where you're going?" Seokjin asks as they go deeper into the street. 

 

"I'm sure. Or at least I think I'm sure," Taehyung answers honestly. It's dark so the street looks different from how it does during the day. He drives to a dead end, a tall fence. 

 

"Never mind. I'm lost," Taehyung parks the car. "I'll just use google maps." As he's typing in their home address, he asks Seokjin what movie he wants to watch. "Do you want to watch a movie neither of us has seen? Or rewatch something like Shutter or Insidious?" 

 

They weren't that far from home. He sets his phone down, ready to drive his way out of here until he realizes Jin still hasn't answered his question. "Jin?" He looks up at Jin whose eyes are trained in the rearview mirror. 

 

"There are people behind us," Seokjin whispers as if scared they'll hear. Taehyung looks at the rearview mirror, taking a gulp. Eight guys in all black. Wearing masks and surrounding the car. 

 

"Maybe they'll give us directions . ." Taehyung's mouth goes dry as he realizes what's going to happen. They're here to hurt him. Hurt V. He looks over at Seokjin who's still. One of the guys knocks on Taehyung's window with a gun in hand. 

 

Taehyung rolls down the window a little and smiles weakly. "May I help you?" 

 

The guy scoffs, pointing the gun to his temple. "You can help me by getting out of this car." 

 

"Okay, that's fine with me," Taehyung says with no trace of fear. He has to believe nothing bad will happen so he has room to think. 

 

"Your boyfriend has to come too," the guy looks over to Seokjin. Taehyung glances over to Jin, calm, and collected. 'It'll be okay. Everything will be okay,' he wants to say but the cold gun pressing against his head says otherwise.

 

They get out of the car. Only Taehyung has a gun to his head. Two guys stand by Jin, not even bothering to hold him or anything like so. It's like they think Seokjin won't do anything because of the gun to Taehyung's head. 

 

"Come with us calmly and we won't hurt your boyfriend. Now, I can't say the same for you," the guy with the gun tells Taehyung with a smirk. They'll let Seokjin go. Jin will be safe. 

 

Taehyung's eyes meet with Seokjin who's eyes are wide. The car's between them. "Okay." 

 

"V!" Seokjin takes a step closer to them but stops as he hears the gun . 

 

"That's right," the guy with the gun laughs. "One step closer and his brain will be blown up." The other guys laugh with him. 

 

Seokjin's eyes flicker over to Taehyung's, tears in his eyes. Taehyung feels tears in his eyes as well but attempts a smile. If this is the last time Jin will see him, he wants to be remembered with a smile. Not with tears. 

 

The guy grunts, pushing Taehyung to another car. "Wait," Taehyung stops despite the fear coiling in his stomach of being shot right here, in front of Seokjin. "Promise." He turns his head to look at the masked guy. "Promise me you'll let him go, safe and sound." Seokjin. 

 

"Alright, alright," the guy grumps impatiently. Taehyung eyes the other guys. They don't seem to have any weapons. They're acting like they'll kill Taehyung but if so, why didn't they kill him earlier in the car? They have masks on so it'll be hard for Jin to identify them.

 

The car's bright lights are still on even though one of the masked guys already took the keys. Taehyung brings his hand up, making the guy flinch. "Pinky promise," he holds out his pinky. 

 

"Pinky promise? What are you? A kid," the guy laughs obnoxiously. 

 

"And what are you doing? Not keeping the promise," Taehyung makes sure to sound rude and mean. They probably want him alive so they won't kill him. 

 

The guy stops laughing. "Keep your attitude to yourself, pretty boy." The guy's holding the gun in his right hand. Taehyung's holding his pinky out with his right hand. This way, the guy will have to move the gun to his left hand to pinky promise with Taehyung properly.

 

As he's moving the gun to his left hand, Taehyung steps back. The guy looks up, eyes narrow and gun now in his left hand. Taehyung smiles innocently, "Pinky promise." He holds out his pinky. 

 

Just as their pinkies were about to touch, Taehyung kicks the gun. It goes flying up, somewhere in the darkness. Plan A was to have the gun in his hands but, oh well. Plan B. "Jin! Run!" He yells as he throws a punch to the guy's face. One punch. Two punch. His fists are hurting like crazy. 

 

More guys surround him, throwing him punches wherever his head turns. He falls to the ground, groaning. "Jin . ." Now that he wasn't caught up in the fighting, he could see that Jin had not run. He's fighting some of the guys with a metal pole. 

 

He gets picked up by the collar. "Not so tough now, are you?" The guy who held the gun asks him. 

 

Taehyung smirks at the black eye the guy has, "I guess not." He bangs his forehead against the guy's, making the guy let go of him to cower in pain. Then, he runs as fast as he can towards Seokjin. "Jin!" He grabs Seokjin's hand and together they run. 

 

He could hear heavy footsteps right behind them. He only looks ahead, not even glancing at Seokjin to make sure he's fine. "Why didn't you run when I told you to!" Taehyung asks as they continue to run and weave around the streets. 

 

"I couldn't leave you behind!" Seokjin answers. They turn and finally arrive on a busy street. This way, it'll be easier to lose them. They run through the crowded street. "Go into the store!" Jin yells as they run. 

 

Taking Seokjin's advice, Taehyung runs into a random store. He pulls Seokjin with him under a table with a long tablecloth. Taehyung's breathing is heavy and loud. Seokjin presses a hand to his mouth, quieting him. 

 

They hear a bunch of footsteps come into the store. "Where are they?" Hushed voices follow the many footsteps. Taehyung and Seokjin hold their breaths until they leave.

 

They wait for twenty minutes before getting out from under the table. People give them weird glances as they leave the store. "We can just take the bus," Taehyung plops down on the bench, glancing over at Jin. He gasps, hand reaching to touch Seokjin's cheek. "Your cheek . ." Seokjin has a purple bruise on his cheek. 

 

"It doesn't hurt that much." Seokjin's fingers brush his lip, making him wince. "You're bleeding," Jin draws away from his hand, fingers stained with blood. Now that the adrenaline rush is over, the pain is starting to set in. 

 

Each movement on Taehyung's face hurts. Seokjin wipes away the blood with his thumb. "Don't scare me like that again," Seokjin murmurs. Taehyung stays quiet, remembering the earlier events. He was scared. Not that much about himself but, about Seokjin.

 

"I thought I was going to lose you when you agreed to go with them," Seokjin's hands drop down to his lap. "I thought I won't ever see you again." He leans his head on Taehyung's shoulder. "I don't want that to happen. I want to continue being with you." Seokjin pulls away slightly, looking at Taehyung. "Don't leave me. Okay, V." 

 

Taehyung feels tears in his eyes. He could feel his heart clenching. 'I won't ever leave you. I'll stay by your side forever, Seokjin.' He can't bring himself to say those words though he wants to. A small, small part of him can't believe those words.

 

He blinks back his tears, pressing a kiss to Seokjin's bruised cheek. Seokjin leans into his touch, arms wrapping around his torso. "Your knuckles are all bruised up," Seokjin notices. He takes both of Taehyung's hand, blowing on them. 

 

As Seokjin continues to warm up his fingers, Taehyung watches, falling deeper in love.