Secret Storm

Secret Snippets

"Yuri-ah.." The short haired girl could hear a sweet voice calling her name. "Yuri-ah.."

But the Busan girl was still too tired to open her eyes and decided to prolong her nap. 

"Yah, Jo Yuri!" That sweet voice calling her again, this time with a more heavy tone she felt so familiar to her. "I said wake up!"

"Five more minutes, unnie.." She whispered as she felt her eyes were still heavy. 

"Why are you taking a nap at a time like this?" The familiar voice said again and Yuri could hear the person's footsteps getting closer.

"Wake up," She could feel a warm hand on her cheek and her body felt warm all of a sudden. "You're going to miss the sunset.."

 

Yuri took a deep breath and opened her eyes. There was a figure above her but the light was too bright to see who it was, although in her mind she knew who it was all along. She squinted her eyes and a few seconds later everything became clearer, and she flashed her best smile at the person caressing her face.

"Good morning, Kwangbae.." She whispered her sweetest.

"It's late afternoon, silly," Hyewon chuckled and pulled her up by her arm. "Come on, let's go.."

The native Busan girl could feel sand all over her white dress, and when she look around she noticed that she had been napping on an empty beautiful beach. She could feel a warm breeze to her face and hear the sound of the wave hitting the sand, and she gazed at the horizon. The sun was about to set and the sky was a shade of beautiful orange, with a couple of cute cotton candy like clouds.

Hyewon guided her to the edge of the water, and as her feet were soaked by the fresh cold sea water she never felt more relaxed. She turned to her side and stared at Kangbae, who never look more beautiful with her sleeveless blue sundress and wide straw hat. Hyewon's brown beautiful hair was dancing in the wind and her eyes were sparkling from the reflection of the water.

"Breathtaking.." Yuri muttered as she couldn't believe the sight in front of her.

"I know, right?" Hyewon smiled at her. "It feels like a dream.."

"Like a dream.." The short haired girl whispered under her breath as she stared at their joined hands and felt butterflies in her stomach. 

 

But suddenly she felt a yank, as the older girl pulled her and started running across the water. Surprised, Yuri had to work hard to keep her balance and keep up, as her dress was getting drench by all the splash they were making.

"W-Wait, unnie!" Yuri shrieked. "I don't want my dress ruined!"

"What are you talking about?" Hyewon laughed. "Forget about your dress!"

"This is our first vacation in a long time," She continued. "And I don't know when we're going to have one after this."

"Let's make the most of it!"

The small Busan girl understood her unnie, and quickly let herself go. That was the perfect opportunity for her to enjoy herself, after so many difficult schedules she had. 

"Alright, then!" She screamed in joy as she kicked some water at the overjoyed older girl on front of her. "Take this!"

 

The two had fun chasing each other around the edge of the water, playing and splashing water, laughing and screaming with joy. For a while Yuri felt so free, and her chest felt light. And for the first time in a while, she could just be Jo Yuri, a teenager from Busan, and not some high profile idol. 

The sky was getting darker when Hyewon decided to pull a final attack, splashing a large amount of water on Yuri's face, and immediately runs away after. The poor short haired girl was shocked by the cold water, and instantly wanted revenge. She ran with all her might and quickly had Hyewon within striking distance. She reached her hand out and managed to grab Kangbae's hand, but her foot stumbled upon a small rock and after a sharp shriek, she could feel her body losing balance.

The next thing she knew, she was laying on top of Hyewon, with their faces just inches apart that she could feel the older girl's breath. Both girls stayed quiet for a while, trying process what had just happened. For the first couple of seconds Yuri was thinking about how drama-like their whole situation was, stumbling and landing on top of each other, just like the main characters in dramas or animes. But her thought soon dissapeared when her eyes met Hyewon's, and she was immediately mesmerized by them. As they stayed in that position, with their bodies pressed on top of each other, Yuri could feel Kangbae's gentle skin and warmth. Instantly she felt at home, and didn't want to ever let her go.

 

"This is so funny.." Hyewon finally broke the silence by throwing a laugh, ending their long and awkward staring match.

As the older girl started to move around, trying to break free of her hold, Yuri suddenly felt a sense of loneliness. She suddenly felt that if she let the older girl go, she would lose her forever. That fear made her realize how important Hyewon was for her, and made her think that that was the right time for her to share her all burden. All this time she was held down by her strong feelings towards Kwangbae, feelings that she never knew she could experience. That was the first time she ever like someone more than just friend, and the fact that that person was the same made things more complicated. For a long time she had tried to supress those feelings, even trying to fool herself by thinking that it was just admiration towards the older girl. 

But Yuri had enough. That moment was the perfect time to let go, to finally accept her true self.

 

"Unnie," Yuri's words were trembling as she mustered all her courage. "I like you.."

"Like, a lot.."

Hyewon stared at her for a while, before starting to laugh. "I like you a lot too, Yuri.."

"No, you don't understand," The Busan girl could feel tears running down her face. "I. Like. You.."

"I don't get it." There was a look of confusion on Kangbae's face. "Why are you crying?"

"I love you, unnie," She said between her tears. "Ever since I met you I've fallen in love with you.."

Yuri could feel a gust of strong cold wind when she said that, and her whole body shivered. The sky was getting so much darker now, and to Yuri's horror, so did Hyewon's expression.

The older girl pushed Yuri's body to the side and stood up. The short haired girl could hear thunder echoed through the sky as she watched Kwangbae's expression turned from confusion to disgust. 

"You're kidding, right?" There was contempt in Hyewon's eyes. "We're both girls!"

"I-I know, unnie.." Yuri instinctively knew everything was going to pieces as her face turn pale and her voice breaking up. "But I--"

"--I can't believe what you just said!" The older girl rubbed her own arms in disgust. "You're in love with me?"

"How can a girl fall in love with another girl?"

She felt her whole body sank into the sand beneath her as rain and thunder started to pour heavily on that once lovely beach.

"U-Unnie, listen to me.." Her mind quickly tried to think of ways to remedy the whole situation, but nothing came out but panic. "I-I.."

"No, Yuri!" Suddenly Yuri could see figures behind the older girl walking towards them from the distance. "I'm disgusted by you!"

"Unnie, wait.." She cried and reached her hand out, begging for forgiveness, as her half of her body was now under the sand, and the figures were now close enough for her to see. Minju led the group and stood next to Hyewon with disgust on her face. Behind her, Eunbi, Yena and the rest of the girls all stared at her with the same amount of disgust. Minju turned to Hyewon and wrapped her arms around the older girl, before she gave Hyewon a peck on her cheek. After that, she turned back to Yuri and put on an evil smirk on her face. 

"No, Yuri," Hyewon said as Yuri was now buried neck deep. "This is over.."

"I don't want to see you, ever again.."

And after hearing that, Yuri could feel her whole body was pulled into the sand beneath her by an invisible force. She cried out for help and tried to reach out for anything to grab on to, but there was nothing left but darkness. And in the darkness she screamed.. 

 

Yuri jumped in her bed as she woke up from that terrible nightmare. She looked around and found that she was sitting in her bed, clenching her chest, and her whole body covered in sweat. She tried to catch her breath as she tried to focus and quickly realized that everything was just a nightmare.

Thank God, she thought to herself. It was just a nightmare..

Just a nightmare..

But before she could fully recover from the shock and horror, her cellphone rang and she almost jumped the second time. She glanced at the screen and noticed that Yena was calling her. Slowly and carefully she picked up her phone.

"Yes?" Her words were still trembling. 

"Good morning, babe!" The duck greeted her cheerfully. "Today's the day!"

"W-What?" Yuri was still in a daze. "What day, unnie?"

"It's the day for our date, silly!" Yena laughed from the other side of the line. "Get ready and I'll pick you up in half an hour!"

"W-Wait, unnie!" Yuri was about to say that she had just woken up and would be needing more time, but the call was already disconnected.

The Busan girl put down her phone and stared at the distance, her mind still remembered the dream vividly, and she felt her whole body shivers.

"It was just a dream, Yuri-ah.." She said to herself, but somehow she couldn't stop feeling sad and heartbroken.