Secret Meeting

Secret Snippets

At the other dorm Chaeyeon the feather was telling the girls to go to sleep when Yuri approached her with a meaningful look and asked for her time.

"Can I talk to you for a bit, unnie?" Yuri said with determination.

"Can't it wait until tomorrow?" Chaeyeon said as she tidied up the living room. "We have to wake up early.."

"There's something weird going on between Hyewon unnie and Minju." Yuri started, and Chaeyeon stopped cleaning when she heard her words.

"What do you mean?" The wavy haired girl asked, Yuri had her full attention now.

"I mean.." Yuri said as she sat on the sofa. "How can I explain this.."

"I feel like they're hiding something.."

"Okay," Chaeyeon nodded as she sat next to her. "I do get the feeling that something else is going on.."

"You too?" Yuri seemed excited to have someone with similar thoughts.

 

The feather then made sure their friends were in their rooms before she went back to the living room and sat back at the same spot she was in just a couple of seconds ago. She stared at Yuri's glimmering eyes and asked her younger friend to explain before deciding what was what.

"So, like," Yuri started after taking a deep breath. "Hyewon unnie and Minju fought because Hyewon unnie had been stealing her cup ramen, right?"

"But Hyewon unnie would never steal from anyone, I mean she could just buy some if she wanted."

"Well she did say that she was too hungry and couldn't wait.." Chaeyeon replied. "And she wanted to replace the ramens she had eaten.."

"But why did he take Minju's?" Yuri said again. "I mean, Hyewon unnie filled half of the cupboards at their place.."

"Why did she have to eat Minju's ramen?"

"That was what's been bothering me," Chaeyeon replied. "And according to Minju, this wasn't the first time Hyewon took her ramen.."

"Exactly." Yuri nodded and continued. "And isn't it strange for Minju to get upset from mising a ramen or two?"

"She usually would just whine and forget about it the next minute.."

"Well.." Chaeyeon scratched her forehead. "Maybe it was her favorite ramen and she was saving it.."

"Or maybe she was just feeling a bit sensitive today.."

"Enough to start a fight with Kwangbae?" Yuri lifted an eyebrow and the feather pondered.

 

"I would never thought the two of them would ever fight, yes," Chaeyeon somewhat agreed. "Considering they're always awkward with each other.."

"And treat each other like a piece of expensive porcelain?" Yuri added.

"More like a piece of an expensive art," Chaeyeon chuckled. "They're always so careful like they're so afraid to hurt each other by simply touching.."

"See?" Yuri smiled widely. "Does it make sense that Minju tried to pick a fight with Hyewon unnie?"

"Well.." The feather thought about it but wasn't convinced.

"Fine," Yuri shared her next opinion. "Let's say that Minju was feeling a bit down and she bursted out from a mere cup ramen.."

"Can you explain why she put on such nice clothes in our day off?"

"Hmm.." Chaeyeon remembered how Minju was wearing a pretty black shirt and a pair of nce worn out jeans. "Did she have plans to go out today?"

"Like a date or something.."

"Did she change her clothes before going out?"

"Exactly!" Yuri smiled victoriously. "Dressed like she was going to go on a date!"

"And no, Eunbi unnie said that Minju went outside without going to her room first."

"Meaning that she was already dressed before the fight."

"Well maybe she already had plans before Hyewon stole her ramen." The feather said again, still unconvinced. "It is our day off.."

"Fine." Yuri slightly pouted as she brought her next case. "Do you also happen to see what Kwangbae was wearing tonight?"

"Hmm.." The wavy haired girl tried to remember. "A black shirt with worn out jeans.."

"Matching outfits?" The younger girl asked and Chaeyeon's eyes suddenly lit up.

"It can't be.." The feather muttered to herself.

 

"So what are you saying?" Chaeyeon said after a while. "That Hyewon and Minju planned all this to cover the fact that they are hiding something from us?"

"Hold on, unnie," Yuri interrupted. "I haven't finished."

"Do you remember Chaewon said that Hyewon unnie forgot her purse and she was holding onto it for her?"

"But Hyewon unnie came back with grocceries?"

"Yeah.." The feather tried to remember the details. 

"How could she buy them if she didn't have her money?"

"Maybe she had some in her pockets?" Chaeyeon pondered.

"She bought a lot, unnie," Yuri insisted. "There's no way she had enough pocket change to buy that many."

"So are you saying that Minju bought those snacks for her?" Chaeyeon asked. "And Hyewon pretended she was the one who bought them?"

"I'm not saying anything," Yuri smiled as she was confident that Chaeyeon now had the same suspicions.

"But why?" The older girl continued. "Why did they have to pretend they were fighting?"

"What is it that they need to hide from us?"

"I don't know, unnie." Yuri replied. "I haven't reached the conclusion yet.."

 

"Good job, Watson," Chaeyeon the feather said after a long silence.

"What's that?" The younger girl was puzzled.

"From now on you're Watson," The older girl smiled. "And I'm Sherlock."

"But you can call me Holmes."

"Hey, why do you get to be Sherlock?" Yuri asked, a little bit upset that she didn't get to play the famous detective. "I was the one who pointed out there's something strange with Hyewon unnie and Minju."

"Because I'm older, that's why." Chaeyeon giggled as she patted the younger girl's back.

"But good job bringing this case to me, Watson." She continued as Yuri pouted. "I hereby announce that the investigation of Kwangbae and Minju is open!"

"And we'll get to the bottom of this, Watson," She stood up and pulled Yuri along side her. "There's no case that Sherlock Holmes can't crack."

"What do we tell the others, unnie?" Yuri gave up and played along. 

"It's Holmes, my dear Watson." Chaeyeon corrected her. "From this point on whenever we want to discuss this case you'll address me as Holmes."

"Fine," Yuri sighed. "What are we going to tell the others, Holmes?-"

"-Tell us what?" Suddenly a slim porcelain white figure said from their backs.

"S-Sakura!" Chaeyeon and Yuri were startled to see their Japanese friend. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I just wanted to ask you why are you not in bed?" Sakura explained. "It's late."

"O-Oh, we were just discussing tomorrow's schedule.." Chaeyeon quickly said as she nudged Yuri.

"Y-Yeah,unnie.." Yuri nodded frantically. "I just had a few questions about tomorrow's shoot.."

"Well, hurry up and go to bed, then," Sakura seemed suspicious but turned around and head towards her bedroom. "You don't want to be late for tomorrow."

"Y-Yeah, I'll just be a second, Kkura-yah.." Chaeyeon said as she turned around to face her younger friend. "Not a word about this to anyone."

"We don't know who we can trust." She turned around as she saw Yuri nodded in agrrement and followed Sakura to her room.

 

As the living room turned silent Yuri took a seat on the sofa and reached for her cellphone. She looked around to make sure she was alone and browsed her gallery. She stopped once she saw a photo of Hyewon smiling beautifully at the camera and let out a long sigh.

"Kwangbae.." She whispered longingly as she caressed her cellphone screen.