Secret Date

Secret Snippets

"I hate that we have to hide like this," Hyewon suddenly said out of nowhere as she scooped a small piece of chocolate parfait into .

"We've talked about this, unnie.." Minju sighed at her comment, staring at Kangbae's thin shiny lips.

They fell silent after that exchange, and Kim Minju's eyes wandered across the room. They had just finished their movie date and now were sharing some dessert in a cafe near their dormitory. It was small cafe with wooden panels and comfy sofas. The room was filled with dim yellow neon lights, which made their stay somewhat warm and romantic. Minju was sitting on the grey lounge sofa with Kangbae right next to her. As she stared at the older girl she suddenly smiled and felt a warm tingle in her chest. There she was, the beautiful Kwangbae, sitting right next to her wearing matching black shirt and worn out jeans, like they had promised the day before. The thought of them wearing matching outfits and going on dates made her heart flutters and she felt so lucky to have the one and only Kwangbae as her girlfriend, even though they had never really confessed to each other or made it official. 

 

Hyewon noticed Minju was staring at her nad she put her arms around the younger girl. And the browned haired girl quickly welcomed the gesture and snuggled closer. Fortunately they felt somewhat safe from pyring eyes there since the owner had put on curtains to separate his guests. The place was indeed perfect for couples looking for some privacy, as long as they didn't become too comfortable and mind the other guests. 

"Sorry.." The older girl broke the silent. "I've ruined the mood, haven't I?"

"No, no," Kim Minju smiled as she took Kangbae's hands and placed them on her lap. "It's quite okay.."

"I know this is hard for you," She continued. "It's been hard for me too.."

"But you know there's no place for us if we decided to come out.."

"I was thinking of telling our members," Hyewon replied. "We can at least tell them, right?"

"I'm sure they can keep us a secret."

"No, unnie." Minju shook her head. "There's no telling what they would do if they found out."

"What if they freak out?" Her face showed slight horror. "What if they get disgusted of us?"

"And even if they can understand and accept us," She continued. "What if they accidentally tell other people?"

"I'm not going to risk us for that."

"You like me that much, huh?" Kangbae laughed and .

"Stop it." The browned haired girl blushed. "You know I do.."

 

"Let's change the subject," Kwangbae sighed and took a sip of her latte. "Stop talking about depressing things."

"Let's talk about the movie," Minju tried to lift the mood. "It was great, right?"

"I've never been into superhero movies before, but it was surprisingly good."

"Now I want to be a magician like in the movie," Kangbae smiled as she silently listened to Minju. "I want to open portals with my hands and go wherever I want.."

"I want to go into the mirror world and do whatever I want-"

"-Sorcerer," Hyewon interrupted her. 

"What's that?" Minju asked.

"You want to be a sorcerer." The older girl explained. "A magician is someone who uses cheap parlor tricks; not real magic."

"A sorcerer does real magic."

"Yeah, whatever," Minju continued while imitating the characters from the movie casting a spell. "But it was so cool.."

"And the last scene when he trapped the giant monster inside a time loop," Her eyes lit up as she rose from her seat. "It was so cool and funny.."

"I've come to bargain.." Hyewon giggled as she found the younger girl so cute all fired up like that. 

"Didn't you LOVE it?" Minju asked as she sat back down into Hyewon's arms. 

"It was alright." Hyewon simply replied.

"Well if you weren't so preoccupied with touching me and watched the movie seriously you would find the movie great too." Minju stuck her tounge out at her.

"Hey, I can't help it you know." Hyewon slightly blushed. "Everytime you're near me I can't keep my hands to myselI."

"It's like they have a mind of their own." She said whiile she pretended she didn't have control over her hands and tickled Minju.

"Haha-Stop!" The younger girl shrieked as she tried to defend herself from Hyewon's attacks. "Stop, unnie!"

"I can't!" Kwangbae laughed. "My hands won't listen to me!"

"U-Unnie!" And Minju laughed as she wriggled and squirmed.

 

One of the customers sitting next to them cleared their throat in a loud manner, and Hyewon instantly let Minju go from her clutch. The younger girl glared at her as she tried to fix her dishelved hair and crumpled shirt, but the older just stuck her tounge out at her. 

"As I was saying," Minju said after she finally managed to fix her black silk shirt. "I like the movie, and I wouldn't mind watching another one just like that."

"Well we should go to that same DVD room next time we go on a date." Kangbae said as she finished their parfait.

"Only if you promise you would stop touching me and let me watch the movie." The younger girl .

"I can't make such promise." Hyewon shook her head and lightly tapped Minju's perfect nose.

"You are one naughty girl.." Kim Minju whispered as she gave in and kissed Kangbae's soft and chocolatey lips. 

 

Back at the dorm the girls were having their dinner together, with girls from the other dorm joining in. The food they had ordered had just arrived and the girls were busy laying out all the dishes on the living room coffee table.

"I think this needs to be resolved right away," Chaeyeon the feather said after the rest of the girls had briefed her of the HyewonxMinju situation. "Hyewon needs to apologize properly and change her attitude."

"You seem to have something against Kwangbae.." The duck replied as she chomped on her seafood pancake.

"Wha-I don't have anything against her," The wavy haired girl quickly explained herself, almost spitting food from . "If Hyewon's at fault then she needs to apologize."

"I know that Hyewon love food," Sakura chimed in. "But I didn't think she would steal her friends food just because she's hungry.."

"She didn't steal it, per se.." Yena said again. "She only borrowed it without asking first."

"Yeah, that's stealing, unnie.." Youngest/tallest Wonyoung joined the conversation. 

"I'm sure Kang-chan didn't mean it," Hitomi tried to defend Hyewon. "She's just.."

"She's just odd.." Yujin added when she saw the cute Japanese girl struggled to find the word she wanted to say. "That unnie has always been awkward.."

"Yeah, she's an oddball, alright.." The duck agreed and munched on some pig's trotters.

"Awkward or not," Eunbi finally voiced her thoughts. "It's bad manner to steal."

"And it's our job as her friends to remind her of her wrongdoings."

"Speaking like the true leader she is," Smallest/cutest Nako said in admiration.

"Thank you, Nako." Kwon Eunbi smiled the brightest hearing the compliment.

"First things first," Chaeyeon continued. "Hyewon needs to appologize to Minju, and we have to make sure there will be no more bad blood between them after this."

"I agree with Chaeyeon," Eunbi intervened. "I don't want Hyewon and Minju to grow apart because of this.."

"Yeah, not to mention Hyewon unnie has always been more awkward around Minju.." Chaewon added.

"She does, doesn't she?" The leader pondered. "Like they have this wall separating them."

"Maybe it's because they don't get coupled a lot.." Yujin wondered. "Or they don't hang out a lot the two of them.."

"Perhaps.." Eunbi shrugged.

"I think we need to help them get close," Chaeyeon had an idea. "Like, we can sit them together during the ride, or have them in the same team when we play games or something.."

"That's a great idea," Sakura nodded excitedly and high fived the feather. "That's very smart of you!"

"That's it, then!" Eunbi got excited too. "That's our next big plan!"

"We'll call it, operation Hyeju!"

"Hyeju?" Nako wondered.

"HyewonxMinju!" The other explained and Nako nodded when she understood the meaning.

 

"By the way," Yujin said after they finished their meals and were lounging around in the living room, watching TV and playing games. "Don't you think we should call Minju unnie?"

"She's been gone for a long time.."

"Now that you mentioned it, Hyewon has been gone for a long time too.." Yena said in realization.

"Do you think they got lost?" Nako worriedly asked.

"Not a chance.." Eunbi said as she patted Nako's head. "They know this area well.."

"What if something happened to them?" Nako added, with concern. "What if someone recognized and kidnapped them?"

"And they're going to ask for a huge ransom-"

"-Stop talking nonsense, Nako." The duck said as she lightly smack her younger look a like in the head. "No one's kidnapping anyone."

"Could somebody just call their cellphones, please?" Chaeyeon asked as she sighed.

"Great idea!" The girls said in unison and quickly reached for their cellphones.

 

As the girls were busy with their cellphones, the front door swung open and Minju stepped inside the living room.

"Speak of the devil!" The girls shouted and Nako jumped from her seat and hugged the brown haired girl.

"What happened?" Minju looked confused.

"Thank God you weren't kidnapped!" The smallest girl almost cried.

"Wha-Why would I be kidnapped?" Minju was getting more confused as she held Nako in her arms.

"It's a long story.." Chaeyeon said as she rolled her eyes.

"Where have you been?" Chaewon asked Minju as the latter was finally free from Nako's hold and sat at the only space left unoccupied at the edge of the sofa.

"I-I was just looking for some fresh air.." Minju said as she took her coat off.

"For five hours?" Yena half shouted.

"W-Well I was just walking around the area and lost sense of time.." The intorregated girl seemed timid. "I'm sorry.."

"Well you could've texted one of us so we wouldn't be so worried!" Chaewon scolded her younger friend. "Seoul is not exactly safe this time of night."

"I-I'm sorry, unnie.." Minju looked apologetic and the room went quiet.

"The most important thing is that you're okay," Eunbi tried to break the silence. "Just remember to text next time."

"Yes, unnie.." Minju looked dejected and everyone felt bad for her.

"That's okay, Minju." Eunbi said again. "Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"I'm fine, unnie.." The poor girl kept staring at her feet while she shook her head slightly.

"Oh, okay.." The leader tried to lift the mood. "Then would you like some snacks?"

"We bought a lot and there's so many leftovers-"

Just as Eunbi spoke the front door swung open for the second time and the girls could see Hyewon entering their dorm, carrying a huge plastic bag in one arm.

 

"What?" Kangbae asked when she noticed all eyes were on her.

"I-I think I need to lay down.." Minju said as she avoided Kwangbae's eyes and stood up.

"Wait, Minju!" Eunbi tried to stop her. "There's something we need to talk to you-"

"-Can't it wait untill tomorrow, unnie?" Minju interrupted. "I'm very tired.."

"O-Oh, okay then.." The leader felt nothing good would come out by forcing Minju to talk that very night and she let the younger girl go. "Good night.."

"Good night, unnie.." Minju replied as she went to her room.

"You." The duck pointed at her same aged friend. "Sit. Down."


"Where have you been?" Yena started the interrogation as Kangbae sat on the sofa. 

"I went to buy some ramen and snacks." Hyewon replied while showing off the plastic bag she had been carrying. "As promised."

"And it took you five hours to buy all that?" Chaeyeon seemed puzzled. 

"Hey, it's not your business if I wanted to take some time for myself!" Kwangbae glared at her. 

"Alright, calm down," The wavy haired girl was surprised. "You don't need to be so defensive.."

"Wha-I'm not being defensive!" Kangbae said again. 

"But unnie," Chaewon joined in. "How did you buy all this stuff?"

"I buy them with money, of course," Hyewon scoffed. "Why, did you think I stole these?"

"But you left your purse here," Chaewon said as she showed Hyewon her purse she had been holding on for Hyewon. 

"Wha-What are you doing with my purse?" Kangbae quickly took the purse from Chaewon's hands. 

"I was holding it for you, unnie," Chaewon looked hurt. "I didn't look inside or anything like that.."

"Why are you so aggressive, Hyewon-ah?" Eunbi finally said. "Chaewon didn't do anything wrong."

"I.." Kwangbae suddenly realized she was making a scene and felt bad for scolding Chaewon. "I know.."

"I'm sorry, Chaewon.."

 

"Okay, this is getting nowhere," The leader said again after some awkward silence. "Hyewon-ah, you do know that we're just trying to look out for you, don't you?"

"We didn't mean you any harm.."

"I know, unnie.." Hyewon seemed apologetic as she stared at her own feet.

"I'm sorry everyone," Kangbae said as she stared at her friends and fellow members. "For causing so much trouble.."

"That's okay, Kwangbae," Yena the duck smiled. "Everyone makes mistakes.."

"We forgive you, Kang Hyewon." Kwon Eunbi said as she smiled proudly at Kangbae's courage to apologize, and one by one the girls nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, all of you.." And as Kwangbae said that the girls went up to her and gave her the warmest group hug.

"But there's still one more person you need to apologize to," Eunbi said when they finally broke the hug. "You know who that person is, right Kwangbae?"

"Yes, unnie." Hyewon nodded and stood up. "I'll go to her room now."

"She's still very upset, Hyewon," Eunbi continued. "So you need to be very careful of what you say."

"I understand unnie.." Kangbae took a deep breath and walked towards Minju and Yujin's room.

"Wait, Kwangbae!" The duck suddenly said. "Don't you need to think about what you're going to say first?"

"Don't worry," Hyewon put on a confident smile. "I have a plan."

 

"KIM MINJU!" Kwangbae shouted as she flung Minju's room door wide open. "I've come to bargain!"

Minju was startled at first when Hyewon forcefully opened the door and shouted at her, but it only took her a couple of seconds to catch the reference and she ended up laughing out loud.

Their friends gasped when they saw Hyewon shouting, and they were scared that it would only make Minju more upset. But then they began to wonder what was going on when they witnessed Minju laughed instead.

"Or what?" Minju couldn't stop laughing. "Are you going to keep coming into my room saying that?"

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." Hyewon smiled and closed the door in front of her.

"Kim Minju!" She opened the door once again. "I've come to bargain!"

"Alright, alright!" Minju kept laughing and fell onto her bed. "What do you want?"

"I've come to ask for forgiveness." Hyewon smiled and winked at the browned haired girl, knowing that the others couldn't see her from her back. "And I'm not leaving until you forgive me."

"Fine!" Minju understood the gesture and smiled. "I forgive you, unnie."

"That's my girl." Kwangbae said as she pulled the younger girl into her arms and the latter hapilly accepted the hug.

Their friends cheered and celebrated with high fives, and everyone was happy that day ended on a positive note. Everyone but one curious girl who had been quiet the entire evening, staring at the two girls making up with doubts in her eyes.