Secret Fights

Secret Snippets

"I HATE YOU!" Those words resounded across the dormitory that one afternoon, and the shock was enough to make all girls gathered in the kitchen where all the shouting was heard.

"What's wrong?" Eunbi was the first person to arrive at the scene, her hair was still wrapped in towel.

"What happened?" Tall Yujin was the second, still trying to catch her breath from the shock and all the running from her room to the kitchen. 

All 6 girls were now gathered in the kitchen, staring at Minju and Hyewon who stood against each other, with the latter still holding on to a half eaten cup ramen.

"She ate my ramen," Kim Minju bawled as she pointed to the culprit, Kang Hyewon. "AGAIN!"

"Wha-It's just a cup ramen, Minju-yah.." Chaewon, the calm and sweet fairy said as she patted Minju's back.

"NO!" Minju cried louder. "This is not the first time she ate my food without asking me!"

"But I'm sure Hyewon will buy you another one," The leader tried to diffuse the situation. "Right, Hyewon?"

And all eyes turned to the cold princess, Hyewon, who just stood there glaring at Minju like she did nothing wrong.

 

"Like Chaewon said," Kangbae finally said. "It's just a stupid ramen."

"Wha-I didn't say it was stupid-" Chaewon reacted.

"-She can buy those anytime she wants," Kwangbae ignored the comment. "I was hungry and I wanted ramen."

"But you could've asked Minju first." Yena chipped in. "Clearly you remember that that's the rule in this dorm."

"No taking anything without the owner's permission."

"I was so hungry and I couldn't wait." Hyewon replied without showing any remorse. "If it bothers her so much then I'll buy one after I finish this."

"That's not the point, Hyewon-ah," Eunbi said as she tried to cheer Minju up, who was now sobbing in the corner. "Minju just wanted you to ask permission first before you take the ramen."

"I'm sure she would've gladly give it to you.."

 

"Fine then." Hyewon said coldly. "Next time I'll be sure to ask her."

"Now can I finish my ramen peacefully?"

"Oh, you little-" Yena got very angry from hearing her same aged friend's cold remark that she was ready to jump her, if not for Yujin who instinctively held the duck back.

"-Calm down, unnie," The tall tanned girl said. "It's not worth it."

"What?" Kwangbae scoffed. "Are you going to hit me over a cup of ramen?"

"Hyewon unnie.." Chaewon shook her head. "Why are you being so difficult?"

"You're being a JERK, Kwangbae!" Yena shouted. "I'm so ashamed of being friends with you!"

"You are a disgrace to the 99ers!"

"Hyewon unnie, I think you should apologize to Minju unnie first." Yujin intervened while struggling to hold Yena back from pouncing her same aged friend.

 

"FINE!" Suddenly Hyewon started shouting. "If THAT'S what you all want!"

"I'M SORRY!"

"Hyewon unnie.." Chaewon was scared that she almost cried.

The room went silent after Kangbae's yelling, even Minju stopped crying and just stared at the upset girl. Yena somehow felt bad for her best friend, and tried to reach out but Kwangbae slammed her cup ramen on top of the kitchen counter and quickly left the scene.

"Where are you going, Hyewon?-" Eunbi bravely asked, but was instantly cut off by the girl she was talking to. "-TO BUY SOME RAMEN!"

 

"What's wrong with her?" Yena said when Hyewon slammed the front door. 

"Maybe it's that time of the month?" Yujin shrugged when she finally regained her composure and let the duck go. "That unnie is always the strange one.."

"Are you alright, Minju?" Eunbi gently asked, worried about the brown haired girl.

"I-I'm fine, unnie.." Minju said weakly as she wiped her tears. "I was just surprised.."

"That girl got a lot of guts screaming like that." The duck pouted. "When it's all her fault."

"Maybe I should talk to her." The leader sighed and was preparing to follow Hyewon when Minju stopped her.

"I-It's okay, unnie.." Kim Minju hastily said. "Just give her some time.."

"Yeah, no use talking to her right now," The duck agreed. "Just let her cool off first.."

"Fine.." Kwon Eunbi sighed again, and the room fell silent once again.

 

"And where are you going, Minju?" Chaewon suddenly asked when she noticed Kim Minju was walking towards the front door with her light brown coat on one arm.

"I.." Minju turned around, but her face showed some mystery. "I think I just need some fresh air..."

"Oh, let me come with you." Yena volunteered.

"I-It's okay, unnie," Minju quickly rejected her offer, almost hurting the duck's feelings. "I think I need some time alone.."

"O-Okay, then.." The duck pouted and Yujin comforted her.

"Just now that this isn't you fault!" Yena said again as Minju dissapeared behind the front door. "Cheer up!"

 

"So, anyone fancies a game?" The duck said after a while, breaking the silence. "I'm practicing to beat Kwangbae."

"You're unbelievable.." Eunbi scoffed as she left the kitchen, followed by the other girls.

"What did I do?" Yena tilted her head in confusion.

"You can play on your own, unnie," Yujin said without turning. "I have homework."

"Fine." The duck pouted. "Suit yourselves."

 

As the door closed behind her, Kim Minju took a deep breath and reached for her pocket. She put on her face mask and warm coat and started to walk towards the elevator.

The elevator dings and the brown haired girl quickly got inside and pressed the button, seemingly eager to get to the first floor. 

As she reached her destination she hurriedly leaves the elevator and headed towards the exit, but suddenly she felt a rather violent jerk on her arm and her body swung towards the wall.

She let out a small yelp as her back hit the wall behind her, but before she could react she saw a glimpse of a lean hand racing towards her, and she couldn't do anything but closed her eyes, preparing for the worst.

"You have a lot of nerve screaming like that, Kim Minju." A cold yet familiar voice whispered and Minju opened her eyes.

"I hate you?" She could see a familiar figure pressing against her with one hand on her hip and the other on the wall preventing her from escaping. "Did you really mean that?"

"I was acting, unnie.." Minju instantly smiled beneath her face mask when she recognized the figure in front of her. "You know I didn't mean it.."

"Could've fooled me," Kang Hyewon eyes squinted and she leaned her face closer. "You should've been an actress."

"You're not so bad yourself, unnie," The brown haired girl giggled. "Especially that last part.."

"I thought my heart sank when you got upset.."

"Well," Hyewon drew ever closer to Minju's face. "That wasn't acting.."

"I was seriously upset seeing you cry like that.."

"But I was only acting-" Before she could finish her sentence, Hyewon planted a kiss through her face mask, and Minju instinctively closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around the older girl's neck.

 

"Stop it, unnie," Kim Minju laughed as she realized how silly they were. "You're kissing my face mask.."

"Well, let's remove it then.." Kangbae smiled and reached for her face.

"No, no, unnie," Minju said as she removed herself from Hyewon's arms. "Someone might see us.."

"Later," She continued when she saw dissapointment in Hyewon's eyes. "I promise."

Fine.." The older girl whined as she took Minju's hand and guided her to the exit. "We do have our date.."

"Yes, we do.." The younger girl smiled as she swung their joined hands back and forth like an excited child.

"But I think you have to pay for our date today," Hyewon suddenly said as they walked down the street. "I left my purse in my room.."

"Unbelievable," Minju laughed. "Fine."

"But next time it's on you."

"Anything for you, Kim Minju.." The younger girl could see a glimpse of Hyewon's smile before the older girl covered it beneath her face mask.

 

Meanwhile back at the dorm Chaewon was tossing and turning in her bed trying to find something to do to pass the time, while Eunbi was fixated on her tablet watching some romantic drama. Yujin was doing her homework in her room and she could hear Yena's shout from the living room. 

"This is so boring.." She sighed as she stared at the older girl sitting in the corner of her bed.

"Are you done, unnie?" Chaewon whined. "I want to play that game you showed me the other day.."

"Shush, Chaewon." The leader said without turning her attention from her tablet. "Don't disturb me when I'm watching my drama."

"But, unnie.." The small girl kept whinning.

"Go play with Hyewon's tablet," The oldest girl sighed. "It's on her bed."

"But you told me we have to ask for the owner's permission before we borrow their things.." Chaewon whined but climbed the bunk bed.

"Hyewon's not around," Kwon Eunbi shook her head. "And you're just borrowing her tablet, not eating it.."

"You can tell her when she comes back."

"Ah, you're so smart, unnie.." Chaewon giggled as she climbed inside Hyewon's bed and reached for the tablet. "As expected from the leader.."

"Don't tease me." Eunbi scoffed.

 

"Unnie," Chaewon said after a while, and Eunbi was about to lose her patience. "What was Hyewon unnie said she was going to do?"

"She's going to buy some ramen to replace the ones she ate, Kim Chaewon." The leader sighed for the nth time.

"And it's safe to say that she would be needing her purse to buy some, correct?" The younger girl in the top bed asked again.

"Yes, Chaewon," Eunbi gritted her teeth. "She would be needing her purse alright."

"What are you getting at?"

"Well, look what I found." Chaewon's hand peeked from the top bed and Eunbi noticed a familiar expensive white purse in her hand.

"Now that's funny," The leader said after thinking. "Imagine Hyewon's face when she realized she forgot her purse."

"That's not funny at all, unnie!" Now it was Chaewon's head that peeked from the top, and Eunbi giggled at the site of the hanging upside down girl. "Hyewon unnie will be so upset!"

"It's okay, Chaewon-ah.." Kwon Eunbi shrugged and went back to her drama. "I'm sure she'll remember she left it here and come back.."

"Poor Hyewon unnie.." Chaewon shook her head as she returned to the tablet she was playing with. "I hope she'll be alright without her purse.."