Prologue

High Tides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You look lovely, Your Majesty.”

You ignore the maids as they add the final touches to your attire. It’s hard to move in such a dress, the waist too tight, the ends too long. It’s suffocating.

 

You miss your tail and the freedom it brought.

 

Looking at your reflection, you see not a sliver of happiness. It’s hard to persuade yourself to smile at a time like this. 

“The ceremony will begin shortly.” A maid says, putting the veil over your face. “This way, Your Majesty.”

You follow her, several maids holding your dress behind you so it doesn’t drag. It feels odd to walk on your legs, especially with those stupid heels that human women so love to wear.

Still, you try your best to hold yourself upright, to lift your chin high. You will not give in to these people, you will not surrender.

 

Even if you were thrown away by your own people.

 

You enter the chapel, the seats filled up with tense-looking people. It’s deadly quiet, despite it being what people would consider a ‘joyous occasion.’ Just ahead, you can see the back of the man you came here to marry. The King of Havytte, Kim Jongin.

This kingdom that is located right next to the ocean has a long history of wars with the Merfolk, and in order to end this times’ war, you, the second daughter of King Triton, was sent here as a peace offering. To ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter