~Twenty One~

Online Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"." Taeyong unconsciously blurted out louder than it should be, surprising Taeyeon standing by the kitchen. 

"Excuse me?" Taeyeon turned to him, glaring him down, reminding him that there's a kid sitting just a few meters away from them. "Ops. Sorry." Taeyong covered his mouth, working back on his homework that hasn't made any progress for an hour. A sigh escaped his lips which Taeyeon took notice.

"What's gotten into you? You've been sighing for the nth time." 

"I was?"

"Yea, you've been doing that since yesterday." She said, her back turned, stirring the kimchi stew she was cooking. His sudden awareness halted him from letting out another sigh. Straightening himself from the chair, clearing his throat. "Uh, it's nothing. I just keep zoning out with my english workbook." He reasoned, scratching his head with the plugs of the pencil as he tried to regain his focus. 

"Aren't you close with that English speaking friend of yours? Jiyoung's cousin. What's his name again? June? John.." 

"It's Johnny." Since Johnny came to Korea just a few years ago, Taeyeon only saw met him a few times since she rarely comes home because of her work. But mainly because Taeyeon is just bad with names.

"Yea. That guy." Taeyeon didn't even bother to remember his name while she proceeded on cutting the vegetables on the counter. 

"He's busy." Giving her a short, quick answer while he stood up to take out a bottle of water from the fridge. He watched his sister move around the kitchen, who had a serious expression trying to decorate the cake.

"Am I missing something?" Taeyong raised a quizzical eyebrow at her while she tried to pipe white swirl icings on top. It was rare to witness her sister bake something which by the way she isn't fond of but when she does, it's only during those special occassions. "Is Baekhyun hyung coming over?" He asked as he filled up the glass he pulled from the cupboard just now. 

"No. He's in Jeju right now." She said which added to his curiosity. Before he could ask again, the doorbell rang twice and he heard their mom getting the door. "Did you invite one of your friends over?" He drank the water he was holding. He could hear footsteps nearing to the kitchen.

"Taeyeon Noona." Someone excitedly greeted by the doorframe. His eyes immediately darted to the guest and as soon as they made eye contact, he almost choked in his water, spitting it out instead. 

"Jiyoung." Taeyeon ditched her cake, running up towards her, engulfing her in a hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter