Fin.

Opposites attract

 

"Kim Chaewon is in the house!!" Her friend exclaims, raising one of her hands that has a cup.

 

The crowds went wild, some even rushed to see the girl. 

 

"Was that really needed, Yena?" She asks.

 

"Of course!" Yena stated in a matter-of-factly tone, leading Chaewon to get a cup of alcohol.

 

Chaewon scoffs. "Whatever, let's just get this party started!" 

 

The latter took the cup that her friend served and immediately went to the dance floor. Dancing to the rhythm with a cup of alcohol in her hand. She was drawn to the dance floor not minding her friend Yena who's already flirting with a certain girl.

 

"Chaewon!" Yena shouts, successfully grabbing the attention of the lass she continued. "Talk to some girls, show us your skills." Her friend challenge.

 

She rolled her eyes at her friend seeing how she had smug look plastered on her duck face. 

 

It wasn't really an issue. Chaewon could have all the girl in one snap if she'd like to. Mostly because the girls that surrounds her are willing to be her girl. If she'd describe it, she wouldn't even think getting girls was hard. That's how much confidence she has.

 

She mouthed a 'Is that even a challenge?' 

 

To feed her ego, she returned the same smug face to Yena, nodding her head as if she already has a target locked.

 

Yena gave her a thumbs up then averted her look at Chaewon to talk to the girl she's been talking too.

 

Chaewon scoffs towards her friend seeing that she really doesn't even care whose she's going to hit up with. Nonetheless, she carefully scanned the area looking for girls who looked easy to hook up with.

 

And then, she found her target.

 

A girl was awkwardly in the corner as if she regrets her decision coming to the party in the first place.

 

Seeing the girl who was awkward in her spot, Chaewon decided to bring her a drink.

 

"Hey." she starts off casual not wanting to look like she's here for something else.

 

She offered the drink, but the girl immediately rejects it saying that she's not really good with her alcohol tolerance. And of course, Chaewon being a gentlewoman, didn't force the latter to drink.

 

"Are you here with a friend? You look kinda out of place in here..."

 

"Uhh yeah, she apparently left me to flirt with someone."

 

Chaewon lets out a soft chuckle, only for the two of them to be heard.

 

Everything seemed so casual as if they knew each other from the start. 

 

The party girl offered her hand for a handshake. "I'm Chaewon by the way." 

 

"Minjoo," the lass said and accepted the handshake.

 

At first, she didn't notice things. Now up close to the latter, she couldn't deny the fact that Minjoo was indeed a beauty. She wondered if the lass was new to stuff like this, and if so, 'she's an easy catch' what she initially thought.

 

The ambience wasn't that good to begin with, considering the loud sounds are surrounding them. Shouting was more of an option rather than normal talking. People wouldn't find it weird either way since everyone is busy having fun.

 

Chaewon thought that none of this won't get them anywhere if it's just like this. 

 

If she wants to progress, she should think of another way to swoon the girl. 

 

"Wanna get out of the place?" she suggests eagerly. 

 

Minjoo was too concerned about her friend that she's having second thoughts. If only her friend didn't leave her, she would've felt guilty. 

 

The lass nods her head, vigorously. 

 

Chaewon saw this which made her laugh inside. She could tell the girl was eager to leave the place almost immediately.

 

She offered her hand towards the latter, which Minjoo gladly accepts as Chaewon finally dragging her out of the place for some fresh air. A place which is more opposite than earlier. 

 

A night walk wouldn't hurt after all, they are just starting to be comfortable with each other.

 

"Thank you..." Minjoo mumbles although Chaewon can hear her.

 

"For what?"

 

"For getting me out of that place. You see, I'm not the kind of person who really enjoys a party." sounding like she was embarrassed.

 

Chaewon puckered her lips while she nods at the lass. Completely understanding what Minjoo is trying to say.

 

"What made you went to the party anyway?" She asks. Eager to know what made Minjoo change her mind and let herself be loose for once.

 

"Yuri dragged me..." She pauses, looking ahead of her she continues. "I've been drowning with stuff lately and I needed to let go of stress. And apparently Yuri told me to join her at a party."

 

'Yuri? That's probably her friend who left her' Chaewon thoughts, failing to hold a faint laugh.

 

Minjoo glanced at the girl before answering what Chaewon had in mind. "Yeah, she's the one who left me."

 

"I see." Chaewon simply replies.

 

The night breeze was nice to them. Even though it's cold both girls didn't mind it at all instead they found it calming. 

 

"Where are we heading?" Minjoo asks.

 

She's not really familiar with the way that they are going. She's born and raised in Korea, but she rarely knows her direction to places. Being a homebody does have a terrible effect. Not knowing how to get to a place.

 

"My house?" Chaewon retorted, although sounding like a question.

 

Minjoo had her eyebrows raised and Chaewon could feel it. She's not even looking at the expression of the latter but she could tell that Minjoo was confused.

 

Though, Minjoo stayed composed. "I don't think that's necessary, I mean– I'll go home on my own, thank you very much."

 

The latter does have a hard time with directions but surely a direction to her house wasn't that hard enough.

 

Chaewon wasn't really surprised with the latter's response, she knew that it was coming. Who honestly thinks that it could work only after minutes of knowing each other. 

 

She still thinks she wants to progress things with Minjoo she can't just blow things off immediately after some small progress she made. She wanted to rub off to her friend that she has skills to pick up any girls that she wanted.

 

"My place is near here and it's already night time who knows what will happen to you if you go home alone." 

 

"I'll pass but thank you for the concern," Minjoo says in a monotonous tone. 

 

Chaewon isn't even aware that she's making things horrible now. And a few more she'll probably lose Minjoo's trust that the latter unintentionally gave.

 

She was frustrated at the frog, she initially thought that this was easier considering that Minjoo looked too innocent to know what was going on. She's even more frustrated that she doesn't want Yena to know that she failed in picking up a girl. 

 

Not minding anymore she continued talking. "Oh, Minjoo-ssi you can't really expect me to let you go right now. How about just stay for the night and—"

 

"If you think that I'm that easy to get, then I'm sorry because I'm not," Minjoo said stopping Chaewon halfway. "I may look like I'm completely clueless, but I know what your intentions are Chaewon-ssi. Leave me alone or I'm calling the cops on you." 

 

Chaewon widens her eyes at Minjoo warning. She held her hand high like how you surrender and step back slowly only for Minjoo to see. 

 

Minjoo went ahead to the opposite way of the street, walking away from Chaewon.

 

The party girl stared at the latter's shadow whose fading slowly, and in a glimpse, Minjoo was nowhere in Chaewon's sight.

 

 

 

-

 

 

Yo! What's the status with the new girl?

 

Chaewon received a text message from her friend. She sighs as she plops on her bed before she lazily replies to the message.

 

I'm not in the mood Yena.

 

Her mood was just too sour. She couldn't believe what just happened, she lost a challenge but that didn't really bother her much as before. More likely she's concerned if 'Minjoo' went home safely. If she didn't choose to handle things so carelessly she would've been friends with the frog or something more. 

 

You ed up big time didn't you?

 

She again receives another message from Yena.

 

Does it look like I did?

 

Although it's through text message Yena could feel that Chaewon was agitated. 

 

What did you even do? Yuri told me that her friend texted her that she's gonna head home first.

 

Chaewon creases her eyebrows. 'Is that the same Yuri that Minjoo mentioned?' she even wonders more, how did Yena know Yuri.

 

You know Yuri?

 

She types almost immediately and waits for her friend to reply.

 

Yeah, I've told you a couple of times that I'm interested in a girl! How can you forget that? What did you even do to her to make her that angry to decline you. Times change Chaewon-ah and I hope you'll learn from things, you can't always get what you want if you do it that way you fool~

 

The radish girl scoffs seeing the last part of the message.

 

Whatever, I'll just sleep now, continue flirting.

 

She was about to throw her phone back at her bed when the notification hits again. 

 

Ya! shouldn't you say sorry at least to Minjoo? Like a proper one. She works at a café, I'll send you her workplace location. This time, do things right and not the way you always do Chaewon! 

 

The latter had her brows creased. Does her ego even allow her to apologize? Last time she checked, she hasn't said a single 'sorry' for a long time. She's too stubborn to take advice, so she let things flow out the way it should be. But now, it seems like going with the flow wouldn't work, not with her arrogant attitude. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

It took days for Chaewon to finally make up her decisions. The train of thoughts had her holding back, she had many 'what if's' going on and because of that she kept changing her decisions. She wondered what if Minjoo will label her as a stalker, what if Minjoo will call police on her just like what she warned back then. There were too many things that made her reluctant.

 

Chaewon didn't wanna feel like she was indebted to someone. She'd rather deny that she feels sorry and guilty, and by doing so she covers it up that she doesn't wanna be indebted. 

 

She took her cap and wore a mask, definitely covering up her face. 

 

Would Minjoo even figure out who's the person behind the mask and cap?

 

She doesn't care, Chaewon never does, she just wants to apologize and maybe avoid the frog for the rest of her life. That's how she's been handling some things. Avoiding.

 

Checking her notes again, Yena's message was written in a piece of paper. The café wasn't that near, it wasn't that far too. Walking would be a hassle, taking the bus was a better option. And besides, the bus station was near her.

 

 

 

-

 

Chaewon went inside a peaceful café, it seems like it just opened up for the day. She did wake up early, so she could just apologize and go.

 

The place emits a calming vibe, it had jazz music playing. Everyone was just taking their time with their food and coffee.

 

She spots Minjoo, tying up her hair in a ponytail as she wears her cute cap. She continues to gaze on Minjoo, unknowingly smiling behind her mask. Chaewon tried to clear to snap her out of her own trance and walked towards the latter.

 

Minjoo notice a figure walking towards her, she was confused, why would someone wrap up their face as if they're trying to hide who they are. Nonetheless, she greets the customer politely.

 

"C-can I get an iced americano.." Chaewon stutters, she mentally curses at herself for stuttering

 

Minjoo gave her a sweet smile and nods her head. "Will that be all, ma'am?"

 

"I'm... I–I'm," 

 

Oh god, she's malfunctioning. A simple 'I'm sorry' and she can't even do it. She swore she practiced saying sorry last night for a couple of times why can't she do it now.

 

The latter looked at her as if waiting for Chaewon to continue her sentence.

 

"I'm taking that one too!" She points towards a cheesecake that was displayed. She screwed her own plan and now she just wanna dig a hole for herself and stay there.

 

"The whole thing?" Minjoo's eyes widen.

 

Chaewon only nods her head, unconsciously giving her a smile, not knowing Minjoo wouldn't see it anyways.

 

-

 

The party girl is out here sitting on a chair all by herself as she enjoys the whole cheesecake she just bought. She's been laughing at her dumb self. Chaewon immediately went home after she got what she ordered, due to her rushing out of the place she forgot to take her ice americano. She just wanna slap some senses back into her again. Heck, she hasn't even apologized to Minjoo.

 

She needs to come up with another plan. Though, all she could do was die out of embarrassment every time that scene of her ordering cheesecake instead of saying sorry repeats inside her head.

 

She's been talking about it with Yena, and all Yena's been doing is clowning her to ordering the whole cheesecake rather than apologizing. The latter kept saying that saying sorry isn't even that hard and Chaewon knows, it's just that she doesn't know how Minjoo would react.

 

 

-

 

Chaewon has been visiting the café more than twice, she keeps failing to apologize and Yena has already given up on the latter. It would have been great if her mind would cooperate with her.

 

Again, Chaewon is planning to visit the café and end it once and for all. She practiced until she got the words out so she obviously has it control now won't she?

 

Minjoo saw the familiar person again. Who can't blame her honestly, there's only one person who goes to their café early in the morning and comes in with the same style all over again. Mask and different looking caps.

 

Chaewon took off her mask, finally letting Minjoo see who she is.

 

"Chaewon-ssi?"

 

"Hi, Minjoo." Chaewon smiles, although awkwardly. She's still glad that Minjoo somehow remembers her. "Can I get the usual?"

 

Minjoo frowns her eyebrows she looked like she wanted to say something but kept it in instead. 

 

"Sure.."

 

"Hey, C-can we um... talk later? After your done or whenever your free? Please?" Chaewon pleads.

 

She really feels guilty for her wrongdoing and is now trying to make things right. That's a good way to start things again.

 

Minjoo's reluctant be she beamed a meek smile nonetheless.

 

The party girl heaved out a deep sigh, relief that Minjoo didn't look angry or such. She expected worst really, she's grateful enough to see the frog not backing out or something.

 

Minutes passed by and Chaewon's order was already in front of her. Minjoo asked her manager to have a break as she has something to talk about with "someone".

 

Both girls sat by the chair where Minjoo guided them to. 

 

The café wasn't that filled with customers leaving a peaceful and calming vibe. It was perfect for them to have a conversation.

 

Minjoo starts off by coughing lightly.

 

Chaewon noticed this and tried to think about how she would start off the bat. She internally cheers herself up, chanting 'you can do this' like a mantra. Why is it even hard for her to just apologize, it's not like Minjoo is intimidating the lass looked too soft to be scared off.

 

"You can cut straight to the point Chaewon-ssi," Minjoo spoke, broking the deafening silence. 

 

Chaewon frowns hearing the accusations which were totally correct either way.

 

"I'm sorry about it." She huffs.

 

Minjoo shook her head. "You're sorry because?" She really wants Chaewon to explain the whole thing, doesn't she?

 

"I was a total douchebag who only treasured my own ego and I'm sorry, I promise I'll change!" Chaewon exclaims.

 

The lass hand her arms crossed towards her chest. "You don't own me anything just so you could change... If you're willing to change then do it for yourself, not for me."

 

Chaewon was surprised that Minjoo actually has a good choice of words.

 

She pouts. "I know and I will, but that will probably take some time..." Chaewon averted her eyes that was seeking for Minjoo's to looking everywhere except Minjoo's.

 

Minjoo scoffs. "And to think that I was gonna accept your apology."

 

"Ah, yah~" Chaewon whined.

 

She honestly looks like a kid throwing a tantrum over someone who won't accept her apology. 

 

The frog laughs at how cute Chaewon was acting. It's the first time she sees the lass act like this, she looked intimidating when she first saw Chaewon at the party.

 

"Fine."

 

Chaewon's eyes widened. "So you accept my apology?" asking for clarity, not wanting to look dumb for assuming stuff.

 

"Yes, Chaewon-ssi."

 

"Can you just call me Unnie instead," Chaewon pauses, pressing her lips into a thin line. "A-and, can we hang out again. I mean— not really like a date, just a friendly date? I-I know it would be too fast to asks you out on a date."

 

Minjoo couldn't help to raise one of her eyebrows at Chaewon. 

 

Chaewon waited for the answer, shaking her legs. Clearly looking like she was nervous.

 

The lass stood up and looked at her manager, giving a weak nod she turned back looking at Chaewon straight in her eyes.

 

"A friendly date it is." She replies, walking back to her workplace leaving Chaewon dumbfounded.

 

Chaewon sat there staring at the air for a minute. Unbeknownst to her, she was smiling like a kid who just got what she wanted. Although, she dares not to do the same mistake again.

 

Maybe taking Yena's advice was helpful at all. She needs to ask more in the upcoming days now. 

 

-

 

The short-haired girl went home all giddy, knowing that she succeeded and now she has a date with a beautiful girl. Everything would've been planned all smoothly, that is until Chaewon decided to ditch for a party that she was invited. 

 

Unfortunately, a famous celebrity invited Chaewon and the girl being a party-goer herself didn't think things through. Forgetting her date that she planned out all too soon.

 

Minjoo waited and waited for Chaewon to come, but the girl was nowhere to be seen. She was just left alone waiting for Chaewon to arrived at a restaurant that they plan on to meet.

 

Of course, to say Minjoo was mad is an understatement, she was furious. She should've not given Chaewon a chance really, she blames herself for being too nice to the girl and she gets this in return. She waited for how many hours only for Chaewon to bail out, not even sending the latter a single message about her not coming to their 'friendly date'.

 

She heaves a deep sigh. "This was so stupid..." muttering the words to herself.

 

She left the place all gloomy.

 

Who wouldn't, really.

 

Chaewon was enjoying too much to realize the time. 

 

Once Minjoo came home disappointed she pulled out her phone. Deciding whether to call or text Chaewon that she just went home already, but she didn't anyways. She thought that it may look like she's asking for Chaewon to at least notice her.

 

She scrolls to her Instagram and what she saw made agape.

 

Chaewon was posting pictures of the party. Vlogging, selfies, anything that Chaewon can post. Seeing the girl enjoying and completely forgetting about the plan saddens her.

 

She really thought that Chaewon could stay clear to her promise. She most certainly feels stupid already for looking like an easy girl.

 

The lass just turned off her phone before she plops to her bed as she travels to her dreamland.

 

Guess all that waiting made her tired.

 

 

-

 

Amidst the situation, Chaewon who was still enjoying the fun she really wanted to leave earlier but the celebrity keeps on holding her back by making her drink a lot of alcohol and trying to distract the lass.

 

She remembered her plans with Minjoo, she knew about it when her phone notified her about it. She kept trying to escape but the host of the party caught her every single time. Of course, the girl was already irritated by this. She's worried about Minjoo.

 

Chaewon knew that Minjoo is going to think ill of her again for ditching her to a party that seems to be obsessed with her. And she can't blame the lass cause she knows it's her fault. All of it was her fault in the beginning, from making decisions hastily. She knows that Minjoo is disappointed, she's even disappointed in herself.

 

Once again she tried to leave the place, not sneaky now, she's tired. She just wanna go home and give herself a warm bath, all the alcohol she drank made her body temperature too hot. 

 

Again, the host tried to stop Chaewon saying that it was too early to leave. The girl tried to persuade Chaewon to just stay instead and she could just use their bathroom to warm herself up.

 

The latter had enough of this, she was beyond agitated. And maybe because of the alcohol in her system her emotions were too much to keep in.

 

"You know what, just ing leave me alone." She hisses, looking straight at the girl shooting death glares.

 

The girl grins, seeing Chaewon whose drunk. She offered another drink to the lass.

 

Chaewon being not on her state of mind she diverted her gaze at the alcohol that the girl was holding. "If I drank that, you'll let me leave this place?"

 

Receiving a nod, she immediately took the drink and drank it in one go. burned by the sudden contract of the drink, everything suddenly felt dizzy but she still could manage herself to walk out of the place.

 

Slouching in the sideways of the street. Thank god there wasn't any vehicle at this time or she could've died then. 

 

She tried taking out her phone, dialing what she thought her friend 'Yena' was.

 

It took time for the person to pick up the phone before she answers.

 

"Yena~~ c..can you pick me up..." She says although it was more like a slurred speech. 

 

The person didn't answer so she thought that the line was already disconnected but seeing that it was still connected maybe Yena just didn't wanna talk.

 

"P~lease~ I'm at–" She stopped talking when hiccups came attacking her. 

 

Thankfully she was able to tell where her location was and dropped the call, not forgetting to say 'thank you' the least.

 

-

 

 

Minjoo came out of her bathroom after she just took a warm bath. When she received a call from Chaewon, she hesitated to answer it but thinking that maybe the girl was going to ask another sorry she picked up the phone, not knowing she was going to take care of a drunk Chaewon.

 

Hearing Chaewon where she was, she immediately went out to pick up her car keys.

 

Who knows what will happen at times like this.

 

She drives as fast as she can.

 

The lass arrived just in time. Seeing Chaewon who was drowsy, sitting on the sideways, her head leaned on a lamp post. And for the nth time today, she heaves another sigh.

 

Leaving her car, she went near Chaewon.

 

Noticing that silhouette of the girl, Chaewon smiled like a child.

 

"Oh! It's Minjoo~ why are you here Minjoo-yah?" She drawls. Not failing to slur her words.

 

The younger knew that she was hoping that it was Yena to pick her up. Chaewon's wrong dialing is at fault here.

 

"Can you stand up?" although she's was mad earlier, the state of Chaewon makes her soften.

 

"I can~" Chaewon replies, giggling softly.

 

She tried to make herself stand only to be welcome by the hard ground once again. She pouts.

 

Minjoo shook her head in disapproval. "Come here.." She grasps Chaewon's hands, molding it onto her's as she pulls Chaewon's off the ground. She succeeded, though both of the girls started to lose balance. Thankfully, Minjoo's reflexes saved them. Her arms were now wrapped on the older girl's waist.

 

"Hehe, Minjoo is so close to me~" Chaewon taunts.

 

Minjoo tried to calm herself by saying that it's just the alcohol that's making Chaewon all playful.

 

Now she doesn't know where she should bring Chaewon, she tried calling her friend Yuri but the girl never answered. Maybe she's busy...

 

She has no choice but to bring Chaewon to her apartment, and most likely needs to take care of her for the meantime. 

 

They just met and she's doing a lot of this for a 'stranger'. Well, she really doesn't have enough choice to pick but to bring the lass and aid her. She swears once Chaewon comes back to her sober self she would smack the hell out of her.

 

 

 

 

-


Minjoo who is now stuck staring at the sleeping person inside her place. Who knew that the introvert Kim Minjoo would bring a beautiful lass in her medium-sized apartment. The sound of her wall clock filled the atmosphere, fortunately, the party girl fell asleep on their way to Minjoo's place. She was of course glad Chaewon won't cause any ruckus to any more of the people that they pass by.

 

She lets out a sigh. Maybe heaving out a sigh would become Minjoo's new habit. Just because Chaewon would always be the cause of the sigh that Minjoo would relieve.

 

 

Chaewon steer from her deep slumber. Noticing that she's not in a familiar place she sits up.

 

"Minjoo?" her voice is hoarse.

 

The lass is still not in her clear mind. Her brain is too foggy to process the situation.

 

Minjoo came in aid for Chaewon, handing her water to somehow help to recover.

 

"Thank you~" Chawon cooed, grabbing the water from the lass. Drinking it in one go. 

 

The younger stops herself from rolling her eyes towards the drunk girl. She has done so much for the latter and now she's in question why she's helping her at the moment.

 

"Wash up, the bathroom's over there." She points her finger to where her bathroom is located.

 

Chaewon grins. "But I don't want to." pouting her lips, she looks at Minjoo and gives her best to do a puppy eyes. 

 

"At least change your clothes," Minjoo replies, searching for some spare clothes that she could let Chaewon borrow.

 

The latter randomly grasps her wrist, stopping her from getting out of the bed. Pulling her closer, Minjoo flinched, closing her eyes waiting for something to happen. Her heart beats faster, what a normal heart shouldn't do. She grips on the bedsheets, her guts telling her to distance herself from Chaewon, as soon as possible. But she remained still from her spot. Slowly peeking from the latter.

 

 

 

What happens next, she should've followed her guts.

 

 

 

Chaewon pukes onto the frog. 

 

 

Minjoo's blood boiled, wanting to scold the latter. But she couldn't... cause Chaewon keeps puking onto her.

 

 

Chaewon shows a cheeky smile. Wiping with the back of her hand. 

 

She groans, her hiccups came back again.

 

"What the-"Minjoo stops halfway. Completely dumbfounded to what just happened. 

 

The latter hurried on getting to her bathroom. Feeling icky.

 

Fortunately, the good news is that Chaewon's vomit didn't fall onto her bedsheets or carpet. Although, the bad news is that Minjoo was unfortunate to catch all the latter's puke.

 

 

She came back to the room, seeing only Chaewon who fell asleep again. The latter looked so peaceful that she has fallen asleep again, and Minjoo stares at her. Her gaze softens once again, she was furious earlier different from her expression.

 

The frog could see a new side from Chaewon, and she looks so vulnerable. It made Minjoo wanting to protect the lass from everything that the world might give her. 

 

Laying beside the sleeping beauty, she huffs. "What are you even doing to me..."

 

 

A question that was left unanswered. 

 

 

Her slumber came over, submitting herself without any hesitations. And then everything went black, as Minjoo was on her way to her dreamland.

 

 

-

 

The sunlight came over waking the sleeping girl. Groans filled the room as Chaewon stirred up from her slumber. 

 

"Uh... my head..." She groggily says. 

 

Her head was all over the place, and now she's confused about where she is at right now. The place wasn't familiar, the scent of the room was foreign to her. It wasn't Yena's type to have a scent lingering whenever she's visiting.

 

Chaewon liked it, lavender was something that she likes the most, and smelling it from the air made her doubt even more that she went home with Yena. Aside from that, she is worried about which house she just went with. Of course, her drunk wouldn't randomly go along with some stranger, she hopes for the best, unfortunately.

 

The lass came out of the room, her hair disheveled and her clothes were wrinkly as if she had a fight with someone. 

 

"Oh, It's good that you're awake now,"

 

Her eyes went wide, that voice felt family, and looking at the source of the voice she was taken back. 

 

"Minjoo?"

 

The mentioned lass creases her brows. "Drink the hangover soup that I made for you.."

 

"How did you— how did we... what happened last night?" Chaewon inquires, nonchalantly taking a seat from the table, waiting for Minjoo to take her's as well.

 

Minjoo frowns. "You called me last night thinking that I was Yena-ssi and you asked her to pick you up."

 

"But you came instead?" 

 

"Was I suppose to just leave you there behind?" Minjoo bites back.

 

"That's not what I meant..." Chaewon pouts. She ponders why she thought Minjoo was Yena, well– who can really blame her, she was drunk. Misunderstanding a duck as Yena would probably be more embarrassing as it is.

 

"I don't know who Yena is, so I came, instead of her." Minjoo blatantly explains, scooping a soup for the lass.

 

"Thank you,"

 

"Anytime— I mean not anytime, it'll be a hassle..." Minjoo backtracks.

 

"Did I... perhaps did something last night?" Chaewon sheepishly asks.

 

"Aside from you puking on me... nothing could top that." Minjoo sneers. She was hiding back a chortle, which she immediately fails to do so when she notices Chaewon's face falls. "But seriously, everything was fine."

 

Chaewon knows she owns Minjoo a lot of things, from the date that she, fortunately, ditched on and to last night's event. In that case, if it was someone else, they would've probably reacted differently.

 

The party girl massage her temples to ease the pain that she's currently suffering right now. And again, Minjoo frowns, placing the soup in front of the girl she took a painkill that she has resting beside her.

 

"Here, take this," handing out the painkillers, Minjoo meekly smiles. "It'll make you feel better." 

 

Chaewon sheepishly smiles as she reach out for the painkiller. "Thank you again."

 

The apartment owner nods timidly. 

 

Chaewon still knew that she messed up big time. She's already embarrassed to apologize for something that she didn't really think things thoroughly. 

 

"I'm sorry,"

 

Minjoo's brows creases, as she squints her eyes judging Chaewon.

 

"For everything, I was really stupid–"

 

"Yeah you were." Minjoo cuts off Chaewon halfway.

 

Chaewon was flabbergasted, Minjoo's straightforwardness made her dumbfounded. Not only did she expect that Minjoo would go easy on her, she thought that Minjoo was going to forget everything that she did.

 

"Okay, your not holding any grudge are you?" She asks.

 

"I'm not, I'm just saying that your were dumb... for a lot of things." Minjoo deadpans.

 

The lass was gonna retaliate but sensing that she wasn't going to win anyways since Minjoo made good points. And she can't really save herself, when she knows that she's also at fault.

 

"Your— not entirely wrong," She replies, in a audible voice.

 

Minjoo raises her brows, amaze at how Chaewon was quick to admit defeat. 

 

"Well, just take the painkillers."

 

"How are you still so nice to me, when I..." trying to find the words that she's going to express

 

Minjoo puckered her lips as if she's thinking deeply. "I don't know, you look helpless so I guess I had to.."

 

"I see, Minjoo angel~" Chaewon chimes.

 

"Please tell me your not going to call me that again." 

 

The lass giggles wholeheartedly. "What? It's a great nickname."

 

"Yeah..no–"

 

The girls continued on eating their breakfast. Letting peace set in for a while, so they could have a normal day with no apologize being mentioned. 

 

 

 

-

 

"YAH KIM MINJOO!" A person barge inside with her busan satoori echoing. The lass apartment doesn't even care if some neighborhood get's waken up by her loud voice.

 

Minjoo who was startled turned her head immediately looking for the source of the voice. "What the heck Yuri?!"

 

The party girl was also startled that she spill some of her soup on her t-shirt and shorts, she choked on the soup that Minjoo made just for her and the first thing she say is. "Noooo, my favorite shirt!"

 

While Minjoo rolls her eyes towards the older, she hands her a glass of water to help the lass from the series of coughing.

 

"Can you knock next time?" Minjoo growled.

 

"Why should I even, you live her alone. It's not like your with someone— Oh..." Yuri wasn't looking at the apartment owner's guest, she only notice Chaewon when she was done untying her sandals.

 

Chaewon smiles meekly, confused at what she should do next.

 

"Hi! I'm Yuri~!" Yuri greets enthusiastically. 

 

"Chaewon,"

 

"Great, now since you both just introduce each other. Yuri, you can leave now." Minjoo hisses.

 

"That's not nice." Yuri sneers. "I was gonna tell you some good news." 

 

Minjoo clicks her tongue in response. "What is it?"

 

"I'm dating Yena unnie!" Yuri exclaims.

 

Chaewon laughs at the thought that her friend, the duck, actually had someone who really fell for her. And while she laughs by herself, both of the girls glared at her. Especially Yuri who was sending death glares. 

 

"I thought the good news was for me..." Minjoo retorted.

 

"It's a good news for you too! Won't you be happy for your best friend to have someone already?" Yuri pouts.

 

"Yeah yeah, whatever it is. The duck better treats you right." Minjoo replies.

 

"Yena is very clumsy, but I just know you both are a perfect match!" Chaewon acknowledge, giving a thumbs up to the hamster.

 

"How do you know Yena-unnie?" Yuri's eyes widens, leaving agape she covers it. "Your that girl!"

 

Chaewon's eyes squints. "What do you mean, I'm that girl..."

 

"Minjoo is totally whipped for you after what you've done to her~" Yuri remarks, not wasting a single second.

 

Minjoo collided her hands making a loud clap, successfully stealing both girl's attention. "Okay, that's enough TMI for today! Bye Yuri!" She retorts, as she leads the hamster out of her apartment and Yuri not wanting to leave yet kept on teasing Minjoo by avoiding the girl's hold.

 

"And it looks like she—" Yuri couldn't continue what she was going to say when Minjoo covered from any exposing that Yuri may spill.

 

While the two girls were out of the apartment, Minjoo gradually loosen her hold on Yuri. 

 

"What was that?" Minjoo's voice increased, although she's not angry. Her adrenaline just kicked in, from all that gripping and holding a hamster down.

 

"What was what?" Yuri smirks.

 

"Okay bye, don't call me in the mean time or anything and stop barging in my apartment, someday I might get kick out for real." Minjoo massages the bridge of her nose, clearly tired because of the lass.

 

"Eh, why not~"

 

"Just— go Yuri-ah." 

 

"Fine, I won't ruin the mood of you two. Fill me the important part later on." Yuri retorts, wiggling her eyebrows. "Bye~"

 

Minjoo scoffs at her friend being a silly hamster. She thinks that Yuri is thinking way ahead of her, if it wasn't for Yuri's little antics she wouldn't be anxious on getting back inside of her apartment. Explaining or thinking of ways to excuse her friend being hype would make it look like what Yuri said did have some truths in it and she doesn't want Chaewon thinking about it, at least not now.

 

Minjoo came back inside after her friend aparted ways. Chaewon was quietly eating her meal that the lass cooked for her, and of course Minjoo was happy, that her cooking skills has improved. Seeing that the party girl was eating it deliciously.

 

"Oh, your back." She starts off. "The soup is really nice,"

 

Minjoo smiles. "Thanks."

 

It felt like they were friendly with each other but at the same time really awkward. 

 

"Minjoo," Chaewon calls out.

 

The latter hums in response. 

 

"I'm sorry, again."

 

"You've said that a couple of times now, Chaewon."

 

"Well yeah, I'm a troublesome, and I'm sorry."

 

"Why did you drink so much anyways?" Minjoo asks.

 

Chaewon pouts, as she try to remember the scenarios. Her brows meets once she had her memories slowly coming back to her. "The host of the party kept on giving me the drinks and I guess the last one really knock me out." She ends with a nod.

 

"That's a famous party you went too."

 

"How'd you know?"

 

"Saw your Instagram, and the famous host." Minjoo answers without a second thought.

 

Chaewon grins at this. "Oh~ so you're following me on my Insta? Let me follow you ba—"

 

"What? No... You just happened to past by the famous person's feed, that's how I saw your account." Minjoo scoffs. "Don't get a wrong idea Chaewon-ssi."

 

The lass frowns.

 

"Anyways, you can use the bathroom. Over there." She pauses, pointing at the direction where her bathroom is.

 

Chaewon nods, she does reek of alcohol still. And mostly vomit, which was hardly mention in their conversation. She was still embarrassed that she puked on the frog, and Minjoo didn't look like she was bothered by it at all. Either way, she's still embarrassed, wanting to dig her own grave.

 

 

-

 

The lass came out of the Minjoo's room after changing into the clothes that the girl borrowed.

 

"That's unique," Minjoo blurts out, noticing Chaewon who was folding her used clothes and putting it back to her favorite bag. (a/n; the one that chaewon uses)

 

"What is?" Chaewon replies, eyebrows raised.

 

"Your smell, it's baby powder."

 

Chaewon lets out a chortle. "It's my favorite scent."

 

Minjoo nods.

 

"I'll wash these clothes before I give them back to you." Chaewon gestures the clothes that she's wearing. She didn't know that Minjoo could be so stylish, the clothes the she's wearing is an eye-catching. It was totally her style, a girl crush kind of style. The lass didn't look like she had a knack on fashion, which was obviously wrong.

 

 

 

-

 

 

Another week has passed again, both girls never really communicated after that. Minjoo was busy with her part time job and school, while Chaewon, let's just say that the latter was also busy with stuff. 

 

Chaewon's here stuck, staring at the clothes that she borrowed from the lass. She hasn't returned them and she wonders why Minjoo never contacted her first, and because of her hesitation she waited, waited until Minjoo would call her first. Although it never happened.

 

And now she's here, still stuck staring back and forth at the clothes she borrowed to her phone that already has Minjoo number dialled. 

 

"Should I? Maybe she's busy—" She mutters to herself.

 

"Maybe I shouldn't..."

 

Another frown escapes Chaewon lips as she massage her temples. 

 

"I really don't think I should.." She argues with no one. 

 

Anyone would think Chaewon has gone crazy now, even Yena, who's known for being the craziest. After a few calls from Chaewon, Yena had enough and gave her the so called "advice" before telling her to stop calling her every now and then.

 

She sighs, throwing away her phone. "Let's just do this."

 

 

-

 

 

While Minjoo was busy wiping the tables, her café manager called out for her. "Yah, she's been standing there for 10 minutes now.. you know that person right? Why don't you invite her in."

 

Minjoo creases her eyebrows, confuse to what her manager is trying to say. She looks out of the window and sees Chaewon standing, instantly running towards the older to invite her in.

 

"Unnie?"

 

"Hey Minjoo-yah," Chaewon sheepishly replies. Scratching her cheeks.

 

"Why didn't you come inside?"

 

"Oh, I– Uh... I just came to return these." She immediately hands out the bag that had the girl's clothing.

 

Not really sure, Minjoo just nods her head. "Ah right, I forgot to ask about these."

 

"Minjoo... you see, I um.. I wanted to ask you out on a date. For real now.."

 

The lass giggles softly. "You finally asked."

 

"Wait what—"

 

"I was expecting you to ask me again, but you never did so I thought on asking you instead... We never really had that date we were talking about unnie."

 

 

-

 

For Minjoo, she never thought that someone like Chaewon would bring her to an art museum. Its not like Minjoo dislikes the idea of going to an art museum, she's just shocked?

 

Chaewon doesn't looks like the type of person who loves art since she's known to be a party girl at her school so Minjoo was taken aback a little

 

She even try to suggest a new place for their date but the way Chaewon's eyes b with sadness behind them and a small pout on her face can be seen makes it hard for Minjoo.

 

Which is why they are currently inside an art museum right now. Chaewon looks like a kid who just received a gift, she looks so excited.

 

"I've been wanting to go to this museum since I was 10! Thank you for bringing me here Minjoo!"

 

Minjoo only chuckles as a response, looking at Chaewon who are currently smiling ear-to-ear.

 

"I thought you didn't like these kinds of places?"

 

It seems like Minjoo already got the answer to her question. Chaewon are so focused on the arts around the room to even hear her question.

 

"Ah Minjoo! Let's go there!

 

When Chaewon left hurriedly to go to somewhere else, a foolish smile can be seen on Minjoo's face. She really looks like a kid, an overly excited kid.

 

"Cute"

 


-

 



Without noticing, two hours have passed and they are currently inside a café. It's not the one where Minjoo's work at, it's the one near the museum.

 

They were eating in silence, both are comfortable with each other presence when Minjoo decides to talk with Chaewon about their date today.

 

"Unnie, did you enjoy our date today?"

 

She was surprised a little when Chaewon's face suddenly grows red and oh my, she's pouting again. Minjoo thinks that she looks dangerously cute.

 

"Too cute for my poor heart" Minjoo thought while trying her best to hold back a grin.

 

"I enjoyed our date today and Minjoo, just call me by my first name."

 

"I'm glad you enjoyed our date today and last time I checked, you almost kill a person for calling you by your first name?"

 

Minjoo chuckle when Chaewon start grumbling under her breathe. She looks so cute- no, she looks too cute right now and it's unbearable.

 

Thought Minjoo for the nth time already.

 

"There's still so many things you don't know about me, Minjoo."

 

"Are you implying that we should go on dates more so that we can get to know each other?" Minjoo raises her brows.

 

"Yes-! I mean no!"

 

It suddenly get quiet and Minjoo burst into laughter at Chaewon's answer while Chaewon just hide her face behind her hands.

 

It took a few seconds to gain their composure and Minjoo thought that Chaewon's face looks ridiculous right now. She's so red like a tomato!

 

"That's a good idea."

 

Minjoo smile at Chaewon and she just nodded before fiddling with her fingers. She thinks that Minjoo is just joking with her, not being honest.

 

"I still don't know anything about you. I didn't even know that you love art museums and that's the only thing I learned about you today."

 

When Chaewon looks up, she was invited with Minjoo's smile. It was the first time Chaewon saw her smiling brightly like this and her blush deepen just from seeing it. Minjoo is too pretty for her.

 

"So Chaewon, I'm asking you to go on another date with me."

 

Chaewon smiles, about to answer her when Minjoo beats her to it again. "I will keep on asking you out for dates and I won't stop until I get to know more about you. What do you say Chaewon?"

 

She looks down, suddenly feels shy at Minjoo's words. The confident Chaewon is nowhere to be seen right now, only a shy Chaewon can be seen.

 

"Yes, that's a good idea, Minjoo."

 

 

-

 

 

Chaewon was annoyed. She was annoyed from the fact that a man suddenly came to her and told her to go out with him. Told, not asked by the way.

 

She became more annoyed when the man brought up money even after she told him off. She wonders when will her friends arrive and sighs. "Listen here old man, go away before I throw you a punch on your face." She said nicely, more like in annoyance. The man, where Chaewon think is in his 40s, finally stopped talking and frown at her words.

 

"Look here young lady, I can assure you that I can give you everything you want." The old man grabbed her wrist and show her a black card. Chaewon scoffed after seeing it. That card is probably fake judging from the look.

 

"You think that thing can afford everything that I want? , my face worth more than that."

 

Chaewon scowled at him, causing the man's face to drop slightly. The grip on her wrist tighten and Chaewon start squirming in pain.

 

"Hey hey hey! Let her go please!" A familiar voice can be heard and a familiar scent fills your nose. The man let go of your wrist and you turn to look at the girl who occupied her mind for the past days. "You see this watch here? It cost more than your life so scram off before I beat you to pulp!"

 

The man finally leave after seeing Minjoo while cursing under his breath about him having no luck today. Minjoo must have look more handsomely prettier than him to make him leave immediately.

 

"You know you can just go to the room that Hyewon reserved right?"

 

"What? She doesn't even bother to tell me! I've been waiting for 30 minutes with people flocking me all these time!"

 

"I thought you will entertain them back?" Minjoo grins.

 

Chaewon scoffs towards the lass. "Men, Minjoo, men. You think I would entertain those creatures called men?"

 

Minjoo only laugh in return, trying to dismiss the way Chaewon glare at her. She just intertwine her hands with Chaewon's and smile at her teasingly.

 

"So how's my princess doing today?" Minjoo drawls.

 

"You have gotten more cockier and confident lately since our first date last month." She folds her hands.

 

"And you have gotten more shy with me lately!"

 

Chaewon scoffed, trying to look more annoyed at Minjoo but her red face said otherwise. It's getting worse when Minjoo leans in to her face.

 

"You don't remember what day is it today right?"

 

"Saturday, no?" Chaewon squints her eyes, trying her hardest to think of a important event.

 

"Yeah, you clearly don't remember so let's go!

 

 

-

 

 



Turns out that today is her birthday and Chaewon doesn't even remember it. Her friends were planning to surprise her but it went down the drain after a certain duck-like girl ruined it.

 

They just finished eating and drinking, which is why the room is a little bit chaotic due the alcohol affects. Not a little bit, but maybe a lil too much?

 

Chaewon's sight was blurry but she still managed to hold herself in. She's needy when she's drunk so she tried to not drink much but failed as she was forced to drink more since she's the "birthday girl".

 

"Chaewon?" Minjoo starts off. Successfully grabbing her attention.

 

"Huh? Yeah?"

 

Minjoo could only chuckle at Chaewon's confused face. Out of all the people in this room, Minjoo is the most normal since she doesn't drink much.

 

She knows that Chaewon is still conscious, her drunk side haven't taken over yet so she guess that she have time? Oh well, hope that is true.

 

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

 

"Yeah, it's a little bit suffocating here..."

 

Minjoo lead their way towards a secluded place inside the place and smile. She opened the door and Chaewon let out of a tiny gasp in surprise.

 

She was in fact, mesmerized at the sight in front of her. They are at a place where buildings can be seen below them, it's chilly and comfortable here. "It's pretty." She could see millions of bright stars painted on the black canvas of the night sky, with Minjoo being one of them, and when the light shines, it created a more, tingles inside her stomach. "It's very pretty."

 

Minjoo smiles at the way Chaewon's eyes lit up whenever she's looking up at the sky. The sights in front of them are indeed very beautiful. "The night is still young so why don't we stay here for a while, Chaewon?"

 

"Why not?"

 

"Very well."

 

When they sat on the mat placed, Minjoo took out something from her dark brown coat. Chaewon smiles when Minjoo handed the box to her.

 

"Happy birthday, Chaewon."

 

She smiles more when Minjoo grin at her. It's the smile that will make her heart swoon everytime she sees it. "Thank you, Minjoo." Chaewon opened the velvet box and chuckled at the contents. It's a silver necklace with a cute tiger face dangling to it, it is so Minjoo to buy this. "It's beautiful and pretty."

 

"Let me help you."

 

She lets Minjoo help her wearing the necklace. Its so weird how she feels so grateful for the little things that Minjoo did and do for her. Its nice, too.

 

"Was this the reason why you always looked at the particular jewelry shop for the past days?" She ask, while she admire's the item.

 

"You could say so. I was hesitating whether I should buy it for you or not. I ended up buying it." Minjoo replies.

 

"You can just give a more cheaper stuff and I'd still be grateful for it, Minjoo"

 

It grows quiet after that. It's the type of silence that makes both of them comfortable. Chaewon can feel Minjoo intertwining their hands again. "I know, but it's worth it."

 

Chaewon frowns. "How is it worth the money that you wasted?"

 

"It's worth it because it's for you, Chaewon." Minjoo cooed, smiling from ear-to-ear.

 

Chaewon could feel the sincerity in Minjoo's words and they makes her stomach twist.

 

"You always do everything for me and I want to at least do something for you, something where you can feel my honesty in it."

 

goes dry, no words coming out. She didn't even know that her little gestures means a lot to Minjoo. Guess both parties feel the same?

 

"I'm flattered, Minjoo. Thank you."

 

Minjoo smiles seeing Chaewon's face. Even though she can't see properly, she knows that Chaewon is blushing under the red scarf.

 

"Say Chaewon, want to go on another date?"

 

"I could never say no to that, Minjoo."