Introduction

Arrows, Swords and a Little Bit of Magic

 

The Ancestral Land:

It is the blessed continent that has yet not been invaded by barbaric human tribes. It is the biggest of the continents in this AU’s world and can only be reached by ship. The Ancestral Land is shared by Faerires and Shape-shifting werewolves and Human activity, if any, requires royal permission and is strictly monitored by an accompanying chaperone of any of the two species.

 

The Whispering Woods:

A thick forest that spans a little more than half of The Ancestral Land and is inhabited by The Woodland Faeries – Elven fairies, Nymphs, Pixies, Sprites and many other mysterious plants and animals. The Woodland Faeries are free beings and are on friendly terms with the werewolves.

 

Land of the Fey:

The Kingdom of Faeries – the faeries that live here are referred to as The Royals. It is an enchanted kingdom located underground with magical entrances known only to faeries. The Woodland Faeries avoid too much interaction with the Royals and Werewolves are prohibited from entry into the kingdom. The Royals and the Werewolf kingdoms and tribes have been at odds with each other for centuries and there is always fear of war between the two, while The Woodland Faeries remain neutral.

Both the Royal Faeries and the Woodland Faeries have certain special abilities that vary according to and depend on several factors including the birth element and the fairy’s lineage.

 

Land of the Lupus:

The area of the Ancestral Land not covered by the Whispering Woods. It is home to many werewolf tribes and several kingdoms ruled by shape-shifter kings.

Realm of the Pale King:

A peaceful and prosperous kingdom established and ruled by the only omega king in history who is unlike any other omega. The population is mostly omegas but betas and some woodland Fey can also be found living here. Alphas who promise to live peacefully and treat omegas as equals are allowed into the kingdoms territory. Although, since alphas are dominating and are used to mistreating omegas, the only alphas that can be found in this kingdom are mostly those that live with their mated omega.

 

The Yellow Kingdom:

A powerful kingdom located in the south. The climate is harsh and hot, the land is mostly a desert and resources are traded in from the surrounding tribes in exchange for the kingdom’s precious rare jewels and snake-skin. The king is said to be a strict and brutish alpha that does not get along with any of the royal families of the other established werewolf kingdoms.

 

Land of the Kim Clan:

Only alphas of direct descent of the Lupa Kim family that has been, according to legends, blessed by the goddess of the moon, can inherit the throne. Betas of the same descent also cannot inherit. There are a total of 5 clans with the family name Kim on the Ancestral Land but only the Lupa Kim clan rules over this kingdom. Omegas are not mistreated but they do not enjoy many rights as betas and alphas do.

 

Other Kingdoms and Tribes:

There are many other smaller kingdoms and tribes ( packs ) and I might mention some particular names as the story progresses.

 

Dynamics:

Alpha:

Often taller and with stronger builds and musky scents. Dominating and can use Alpha Voice to make omegas and less-resistant betas submit. Royal alphas are able to make even other alphas of lower lineage and power to submit. Have ruts every three months during which the urge to mate and sire offspring is predominant. A rut can last 3-4 days. In this story there are only male alphas.

 

Betas:

Have a calming aura. Do not have heats or ruts and are not affected by the heat/rut pheromones. Both male and female have chance of conceiving if mated to an alpha. If the beta is mated to an omega, there is no chance of conceiving for male betas, and 1 in a 1000 chance of conceiving in a female beta/ male omega pair.

 

Omegas:

Petite and small in stature and generally have less physical strength. They go through a 3-4 day heat every month. All omegas submit to alphas especially if under the influence of an Alpha Voice. However, there are very rare occurrences of omegas who do not submit to an Alpha command unless it belongs to their bonded mate. There have been only few recorded cases of this. Omegas, except in the Pale King’s Realm, have the lowest status, do not hold any official positions and mostly just take care of their home and their mate and children.

 

The first chapter will be up in a few days!!!