First Encounter

Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny heaved a huge sigh as he finished reading over the last folder on his desk, putting his signature down on the corner. He checked the inbox of his email for any articles or pieces that needed his urgent attention once again before getting up from his seat after what felt like hours. It was already dark out and the office was practically empty except for a few who were doing overtime and his secretary. Taeyong was a blessing in disguise and one of the very few people he found solace in. He rolled up his sleeves taking a look at his watch and instantly cursing at himself as he hurriedly made his way to the elevator saying a quick goodbye to Taeyong on the way.

He had promised Kun he would meet him and Yuta today. Johnny was always busy with either work, household chores or taking care of his kids. He rarely had enough time for himself, Kun and Yuta being his closest friends they were understandably concerned about him reaching burnout in his early thirties. Johnny dropped his kids off at his moms house on the day before for the weekend. Even though he had to work the weekends he agreed to spend time with his best friends, relaxing and having fun amongst themselves.

He was only about an hour late but he knew he had a huge lecture coming his way. He entered the dimly lit bar that used to be one of their usual hang out spots in their roaring twenties. The unfamiliarity of the place was astonishing, the place looked much different than what he remembered that being said he hadn't come to this place in over 4 years. He found Kun sitting at a table, while Yuta was near the bar hitting on a woman he most probably didn't even know the name of.

"You're late" Kun said taking a sip from the bottle of beer in his hand.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just got held up at work." Johnny said taking a seat beside Kun.

"I'm just worried about you" Kun said massaging the back of Johnny's neck. It was evident just how tired he was with the way he leaned in to the touch, letting himself relax for the first time that day.

"I'm going to get myself a drink" Kun nodded as Johnny made his way towards the bar, his eyes briefly landing on Yuta who threw him a wink before leaving the place with the girl beside him. He was glad at least his friends were living their lives to the fullest. He loved his life, he loved his job and he loved his kids, it's just that sometimes he wishes his youth wasn't cut short.

"What can I get you?" someone says from his right making him look towards the person that had voiced it.

"Scotch on the rocks" Johnny said admiring the soft yet sharp features on the shorter male.

"Classy" the brunette said grabbing a bottle from the counter pouring some into a scotch glass.

"I'm ten by the way." He added sliding the drink towards him.

"As in.."

"The number, yeah." Ten answered quite used to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter