CH. 3

Just One of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene

Once again I find myself back in this awkward situation with Mino sitting beside me as both our parents swooned over how good we look together. I don't know what got me to agree into this arranged marriage when just a couple days ago I was telling myself I didn't need a man in my life. I can't forget the look of disappointment Mina gave me when I told her I was getting married while she was helping me pack my belongings. Our parents thought it'd be a good idea to have us living together until the day of our marriage, which is in another month, to get an idea of what it feels like living with each other. Honestly, this is all happening so soon. How did I go from being one of the top models in the nation with men fighting left and right for my attention to soon-to-be wife of Song Mino?

"Joohyun, did you hear me?" I heard my mother call for me as she vigorously waved her hand in front of my face, snapping me back into reality. "Mrs. Song thought it'd be a good idea have you and Mino to schedule for a fitting tomorrow since the both of you are off." 

"But wouldn't it be bad luck if the groom sees the bride's dress before the wedding day?" I let out a nervous laugh when Mino elbows my side for no apparent reason. "I mean, he might have plans of his own," I commented earning myself another nudge from my husband-to-be.

"Oh just look at you two being so playful with one another," Mr. Song chuckled. "I bet you both can't wait until your wedding day. Mino was the one who suggested the idea to us on our drive here so he'll take you to that one boutique close to his apartment. And while you're both at it, Mino, you wouldn't mind taking Joohyun to your apartment so she can drop off her belongings after you're done with your fitting do you?" 

"That's perfectly fine appa. It'll give us a chance to spend more time with each other." I nearly gagged upon hearing his remark. He's putting on quite the act to please his father. If only they knew about the way he spoke to me the other day. My parents would cancel the marriage in a heartbeat. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10 o'clock is that okay with you?" I was at loss for words and the only response I could give him was head nod and a forced smile. In reality, I was only imagining the worst scenerios that could happen tomorrow and prepared myself for what was to come. The rest of the day was mainly my parents discussing our wedding ceremony; something I clearly wasn't interested in. Occasionally umma would ask me questions here and there but really, it's an arranged marriage why is everyone taking things so seriously? The discussion was getting repetitive and I was fighting the urge to fall asleep when my phone lights up with a call from Sehun. Excusing myself, I hurried inside the house doing my best to keep my composure in front of the guests.

"Hey Sehun what's up?" I answered trying not to sound out of breath. 

"Hey are you busy at the moment?" Once again, I turned around to find the adults talking among themselves. "I just wanted to call to ask if you're still down for our little cafe date. I'm free tomorrow if you don't have anything to do." 

"I'd love to meet up tomorrow!" Crap, I completely forgot about my wedding dress fitting and Sehun doesn't know I'm getting married. Come to think of it, it'd be funny to see how he reacts to the sudden news though. "Actually, how late are you able to meet up? I remembered there was something I need to do early in the morning but I should be available to join you in the evening, if that's okay with you." 

"Anytime is fine Joohyun, as long as I get to see you it doesn't matter with me. Catch up with you tomorrow!" After recieving a text from Sehun on our meet up location, I headed back to join my parents. But what caught my attention was the glare Mino gave me as if I committed a sin. A look in which the adults were completely oblivious about. 

"I apologize for the sudden call, did I miss out on anything?" I asked as I sat back down beside Mino. 

"We were just talking about whether we should hire a professional photographer to take your wedding photos or have Mino's cousin take them for us," commented Mrs. Song. "But unfortunately, his cousin is still in the states and his exam is coming up so it'd be best to let him study. Hiring a professional photographer wouldn't hurt." A photographer, huh? Sehun's been talking about working as a freelance photographer maybe I could hint the opportunity to him tomorrow when we meet up. Besides, I wouldn't want our family spending a luxurious amount of money just to get pictures taken for a 'fake' wedding.

The following day, I woke up extra early to prepare my make up and belongings before Mino arrives. Unconsciously, my feet lead me back to the wide window which I loved so much. A sigh escaped from my lips, admiring the scenery for the last time before I move in with that devil. Just as I made my way over to the kitchen, my doorbell rung with the monitor showing Mino already standing in front of my door. I let him in and as always, not much words were exchange except a look of disgust when he entered my living room. "Let me guess, your sugar daddy pays for your apartment rent doesn't he?" Seriously this guy has no filt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter