Prologue

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sowon P.O.V. 

 

“ Dear Diary, today is a new day.  I’ve decided to start anew. I won’t be that poor girl who lost her parents in a tragic accident.”

 

I closed my diary on my desk then took a deep breath as I stared at the photos hitched to the dressing table mirror. I then left my room and headed downstairs to the kitchen. 

 

“ I am making some tea for your first day of class.” - Auntie Nayeon said as she was heating up the teapot.

 

“ Who needs tea?” - My little brother Jungkook interfered as he took out the toasts from the toaster. 

 

“ Well do you need any other thing, an eraser?” 

 

“ Don’t you have a meeting or something ?” - I asked her and she looked at her phone.

 

“ Yes and … right now. I am gonna go. Take care guys.”

 

Jungkook seemed lost in his thoughts so I asked him if he was okay:

 

“ Don’t start right now.” - He merely responded before leaving the room. 

 

I nodded not wanting to insist and my eyes landed randomly on the T.V. screen. The news was about another attack of animal last night. Nothing exceptional the town wasn’t called Iddle Town for nothing after all. I shook my head while switching off the T.V.

 

I then headed to my best friend Eunha who was waiting for me in her car. As talkative as she was, she immediately started the conversation.

 

“ According to Grandma, I am a medium. My ancestors are from Cursed town, you know that city known for its witches folklore. I know that sounds crazy, we need to put her in a retirement home. But after all, I predicted ....”

 

I lost track as we drived by the town cemetery. I unconsciously turned my attention to the urban landscape and completely sheltered myself from reality. 

 

“ Sowon? Hey back to Earth.”  - She caught me lost in my thoughts and I immediately snapped out of it.

 

“ I did it again, didn't it? I am sorry Eunha.” - I sighed.   

 

“ No it is fine. I can totally understand it. I mean the accident only happened three months ago.” 

 

Suddenly she applied the brake and I screamed. 

 

“ What was this?” 

 

“ I swear there was something that had crossed the road. I am sorry.”

 

“ It is ok after all I can’t be scared of being in a car for the rest of my life.” 

 

She stared at me with a preoccupied look before focusing her attention back on the road. 

We eventually arrived “safe and sound” at school. 

While we were heading to our lockers, someone bumped into us:

 

“ Oh my lord, Sowon! Is that really you!” - She said as Eunha suddenly looked sternly at her.

 

“ Well Yerin, as far as I am concerned I didn’t change my name.” - I retorted sarcastically and all of sudden Yerin turned towards Eunha. She asked in a hushed voice  :

 

“ Eunha tell me, is Sowon doing well?”

 

“Hum hello I am still here Yerin” - I waved at her. 

 

“ Yes you’re right. See you later.” - She abruptly ended the conversation and I just gave Eunha a “nevermind” face. 

 

I finally arrived at my locker. That’s where, I caught sight of Jin. I waved to him with a sorrowful look but he disregarded it and left after giving me an angry look. He definitely hates me.

 

“ Don’t blame him. He didn’t take it well when you broke up with him.” - Eunha reminded me and I silently acknowledged her. My parents accident took its toll on my relationships view. 

 

We were roaming in the corridor next to the school office when a man passed just in front of our eyes. We couldn't see his face though but it didn’t stop Eunha from whispering : 

 

“ Please be handsome.” 

 

“ I only see his back.” - I sarcastically pinpointed to her. 

 

“ A handsome one.” 

 

The mysterious man entered the school office and we stood there staring at him or rather his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter