Thrown Into A Lions Den (Chapter 1)

‘Wayo’ = Why
Please log in to read the full chapter

Clamour and whispers. The paparazzi hung out outside the building of YG entertainment to get a scoop on the new member of one of the top girl groups in Korea, Blackpink. It's been a long time since the group released a new song. The public is wondering if they're even making a comeback. The fame and influence of the group is undoubtedly great worldwide. But scandals continued to surround YG Entertainment that it's becoming difficult for them to tame the hate coming from the community. The media received a tip from an anonymous insider - a new member of Blackpink officially signed the exclusive contract. No one knows who she is since the company refuses to confirm any rumours floating around.

A black van pulled over  in front of the building. A man dressed in a casual wear came out of the vehicle and opened the passenger's door. Canny and ready to draw near their prey, the paparazzi never cease to capture every moment. As soon as the young lady hopped off the van, they all gathered around like a flock attempting to catch a glimpse of the artist. The paparazzi were coming too close the young lady couldn't even go inside the building.  This alarmed the man and the security guards. They politely told them to give the young lady some space. The young lady lowered her head. Luckily for her, she is wearing a hoodie and a mask to cover her face. The guards managed to make a way and the man assisted her inside.

Inside YG Entertainment conference room.

"I wonder what she's like. I hope she's nice." Lisa said, shifting her gaze from Jennie to Rose. To her dismay, the girls were busy on their phones. She grabbed Jisoo's arm and rest her head against the girl's shoulder.

Jisoo smiled when she saw Lisa''s adorable pouting face.  

"You're not even listening." Lisa whined making the latter giggle.

"There. There. I am listening." Jisoo said, patting her back. "She'll definitely like us. Who can resist our charm especially yours." She vaguely whispered the last sentence hoping that the other person didn't hear it.

"Well, not being  about it. But why do we need another member and a leader? I thought we're doing well. It would be better if one of us is the leader." Jennie protested. The girls gasped and stared at her wearily. 

"Jennie... the camera"  Rosé whispered and pointed at CCTV camera mounted on the wall. The main rapper of the group sighed in defeat because she knows they are being monitored by the CEO.

"We just have to jump into it and make her feel welcomed. Another member means a new friend. It will be fun." Jisoo appealed to them. The girls took it as her trying to uplift their spirits.

"Jisoo is right" Rosé added and hugged Jennie. "Don't be sad. We're all in this together okay?" 

"Good morning girls." Hwang Bo Kyung, the new YG's CEO, greeted them. She walked in the room followed by a handful of employees. The girls stood up and bowed respectively while the rest of the crew find their seats.

"So are you ready to meet your new member?" Ms Hwang did not hesitate.  

The girls nodded unsure of what to expect.

----------------------------

Jisoo's POV

Meeting our new CEO makes me nervous. I am not entirely certain how to act in front of her despite their attempt to accommodate us. It was so different when YG still managws the company. He can be scary but at least we can make him smile. We'll meet him along the corridors and sing the song I made. We often made him laugh. 

Ms Hwang listened to our concerns but it wasn't enough. The sudden shift in the company is hard to comprehend at the moment. With all our international collaborations and guestings, we thought we are doing great. Our songs are even charting well. But the board of directors have a mind of their own. They believe we can do more and must gain more attention locally. We are not really keen on the idea of having a new Blackpink member. Jennie is right in some ways, we function well as a group. We have been friends for years and we share a special bond - the reason we do not have a leader. We have no previous interactions with this girl. No one dared give details about her. This is disappointing and very unnerving but a change must be done. It is not a hidden fact that we only released mini albums unlike other YG artists who produce their own songs.  YG gave us little TV promotions in Korea. At first it was frustrating but now I just think of it as a company thing since the other artists are experiencing it as well.

Our manager and Ms Hwang exchanged some ideas on how to manage the group when a tall man and young lady pan into view as the door eased open. 

"This must be her." 

"Look at Chaeyoung." Lisa softly nudged me. I glanced at Rosé. She shyly waved at the new girl.

"My name is Choi Soohyun. Please take care of me."

I stole a glance at the rest of my members. Jennie waved at Soohyun as if she's looking forward to this. Lalisa cling onto my arms, pursing her lip. She must be nervous so I had a good look.

The first thing I noticed is her height. Standing next to Rose, Soohyun is taller but slender with a form of elegance.Her cat like eyes is alluring with those dark long lashes. Her lips fuller and her nose narrow. Her cheek bones are high and her face chiselled into a y narrow shape. No wonder why they're bewildered. She's intimidating yet dazzling. We found out that she actually auditioned in YG when they held it America. Choi Soohyun became a trainee when she was 16 and trained for two years before deciding to study Bachelor of Arts, majoring in music. Ms

Please log in to read the full chapter