Chapter 5: Around The Sundial.

Blood Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chenle, why don’t you calm down a little before explaining?”

Donghyuck gave him his water bottle that he always carries with him. Chenle gulped down water like a starved individual before continuing.

Jaemin wasn’t very calm about it though.

“Tell us, what happened?”

“Well, I had to collect some papers from Professor Binn’s office. So I went there after lunch with Jeno-Hyung. He said he had some doubts about his essay of History of Magic. My job was done earlier so I got out and was waiting outside.”

Chenle looked a bit guilty.

 “Then I heard some of the Gryffindors 2nd years making some gross and rude comments. I am sorry but I couldn’t help but interject. I swear I didn’t say anything rude to them; they just suddenly got all angry on me. They cornered me up in the 4th-floor hallway, the one beside the storage room. They asked for my purse and tried to push me around. But then Jeno Hyung came and he saw it.”

Knowing Chenle he probably said something really offensive without knowing. Jaemin always knew one-day Chenle is going to spell trouble for himself for that ty no-filter mouth of his.

 

“Jeno Hyung sent me aside as he tried to talk some sense but that guy just grabbed his collar. He said something bad to him probably, I didn’t hear it clearly. But then Hyung got….”

Chenle shuddered at the thought.

“…… h-he got really a-angry. Not this or that angry but like seriously angry, like the rip people’s head off the kind of angry. His jaw was all clenched and his body was shaking. Sweet Merlin! I had never been this scared. Rather than the bullies, Jeno Hyung was scarier….”

“So did he hex them?”

Donghyuck was amused. He almost ordered a bucket of popcorn. Jaemin on the other hand was worried to death. Jeno is not the type to fight. Something serious must have happened. He remembers the gossipers during the first years result out.

Chenle stopped on the interruption as if considering something.

“No, that is what I found odd. He was carrying his wand but he didn’t hex him or challenge him to duel.”

Donghyuck was also puzzled.

“No duels and no hexes thrown. Are you sure they had a fight? So what did Jeno do? Throw a punch?”

It was a sarcastic comment but Chenle looked shocked at the Gryffindor.

“Hyung! Are you good at divination? How did you know?”

“Wait! What?”

“Yep, Jeno Hyung er-punched him right at the jaw. Even the bullies were shocked and let him go. He covered me with his robe so nobody sees me. He wrapped his hand in his tie and beat their asses up. They didn’t even get to take their wand out. It was awesome! He was so cool. He also flipped the tall one over his shoulders.”

“Chenle you look more excited than troubled. Your inner fanboy is showing.”

“But Hyung you should have seen him! Gosh, he was damn cool.”

“So you came running to us report how cool your senior is? Is that it?”

Suddenly Chenle’s face turned grave. The shinning eyes got dulled.

“The problem came after this. Those bullies went to Professor Shim to complain about Jeno-Hyung. Hyung told me to stay out of this matter and not present as a witness. But then he will be in trouble. Professor won’t know that the bullies were the ones who started it. I am confused Hyung. What should I do? Help me out, please. Professor Shim is your House Head, you would know him.”

Jaemin was also a bit concerned about it. He looked at his best friend. Usually, Donghyuck is best at sliming out of critical situations. He has a variety of plans in his head.

Donghyuck does not particularly like Jeno. But he stood up for Chenle so he can give it a thought or two. But the fact remains helping Chenle would mean going against his own house.

The said guy seemed to be in deep thoughts. When he finally spoke, he only said

“Let’s go after this class and find Professor Shim. I have a way with which we can listen to their interrogation with Professor.”

 

So after their class, they head straight to Professor Shim’s office and reached there before their designated time of the meeting.

“Jaemin you go in and ask some questions from the recent chapter taught uhhh…..what was it again?”

“Disarming spell,” Jaemin remembers Donghyuck was busy eating chocolates and doodling unlike him who was religiously taking notes.

“Yeah, that. Go ask him questions. And drop this conveniently on the floor.”

His best friend hands him a small marble-like thing. It’s about an inch and a half of diameter and looks like a normal glass marble but bigger.

“What is this?” Chenle was curious as to what is happening.

“It is a peek-o-oculars.”

Jaemin hasn’t seen it before. He guesses this is how Donghyuck gathers his rumors.

“Where did you get this from?”

“From my dad’s office.”

 Jaemin almost dropped it in shock.

“Did you steal it from the banned products section of…?”

The reaction was instantaneous. Donghyuck clamped his hand over Jaemin’s mouth with great force.

“Chirp chirp birdie. Talk less walk more.”

And Jaemin was pushed into the Defense against Dark Arts office.

Professor Shim was moving a huge rattled cupboard. Jaemin like a good student went ahead and helped him. There seems to be something inside. The creature inside banged hard on the old locked wooden roads.

Probably a Boggart.

When they finished Professor Shim smiled him a bright smile.

“Thanks. I wasn’t able to do it by myself.”

“Is there a Boggart inside?”

“Yep, material to be taught to 3rd years. Five points to Gryffindor for identifying it.”

Professor winked at him in mischief.

Jaemin smiled.

Professor Shim is really laid back and a bright character.

He settled himself on the chair and offered Jaemin a seat.

“Please sit. You are….uhhh….let me see, Jaemin Na!”

“Yes sir.”

“Your essay on Lycans last week was pretty good. In fact, it was too good, almost like you know one.”

Laugh and chill, Jaemin. Don’t fudge up. He doesn’t possibly know of it. Does he?

Jaemin laughs. He hopes it doesn’t come out awkward. He excludes his Glamour in full force in an attempt to distract.

It works for a bit. Professor Shim gets distracted but he is back within a minute. There was no blush or a sign of embarrassment.

As expected of an ex Auror.

Even if Professor noticed something odd he doesn’t dwell on it.

He flashes him a bright smile.

“So what bring you here?”

“Umm…so there is this problem I am facing….”

Jaemin in midst of the discussion drops his pen and while going to pick it up slides the marble-like peek-o-ocular under the side table adjacent to the floor well out sight. But a position where it can observe.

The job is done, so he says a thank you and high tails out of the room.

On the way just outside, in the corridor, he meets Jeno. He looks unruffled like it is not him who has been called in. His shirt and tie are in optimum condition buttoned up to the neck, so tight it looks stifling. His blonde hair is brushed aside like usual and gold-rimmed round glasses perched upon his high nose. With his indifferent expression, he looks like a model student. If Chenle hadn’t told Jaemin that Jeno had punched the bullies he would’ve not believed it.

“Jeno.”

“Jaemin Na”

“Come with me.”

Before Jeno can respond Jaemin drags him away hands clasped on his wrist. They go for the opposite end of the corridor away from prying eyes of Donghyuck and Chenle.

 Once out of sight inside the blind end, he does a rough thorough over of the other boy.

“Are you hurt somewhere?”

“No. Who told you?”

“Your favorite Chenle.”

It was laden with sarcasm but Jeno didn’t refute it. It irritated Jaemin to no end.

“Who was it?”

“Who was who?”

“Don’t act smart with me Lee Jeno. Who was the one who tried to bully you?”

“Why? Are you gonna hex him? He is your Housemate though.”

“It doesn’t matter. Bullies won’t be tolerated. Housemate or not. Justice doesn’t have eyes.”

Jaemin said the words with sincerity. But Jeno looked at him like he is looking at some weird creature. Then he started chuckling.

He has a really nice laugh.

“As expected of a Gryffindor. But, you are wrong. I was not bullied. Maybe they got roughened up instead.”

“I heard you er-punched him in the jaw.”

“I don’t know where you heard that, but it is not true. I don’t punch people.”

But there was a mischievous glint in his gray eyes that gave away the truth.  Jaemin automatically smiled.

“What are you playing at Mr. Lee?”

“I don’t know what you are saying, Mr. Na. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to Professor Shim’s office. He called for me for some unknown reason.”

Now Jeno was practically smiling. It was a mischievous and evil smirk. His eyes almost hidden behind the large lashes were glinting in the dim light and there was a smirk in his lips.

“He is still a Slytherin. Don’t underestimate him.” Chanyeol had said time and again. And Jaemin had underestimated Jeno. He probably already has a plan.

 

 

Donghyuck and Chenle are waiting outside just across the first bend of the corridor.  When he reached them, Donghyuck didn’t say anything regarding the lateness. He was too engrossed peering into some Crystal ball he was holding in his hand as he squatted on the stone floor with Chenle.

When he saw Jaemin he gave him a high five.

“Well done. Come here they just started. You won’t believe who the other party is.”

It was Kevin Trunks. And his lackeys, three of them so a total of 4 people. And they looked in bad shape in the hazy glass of the crystal ball. Jaemin figures they would look terrible in real life.

 And there was Jeno. He sat upright in his chair, unlike his usual slouched lazy posture. Professor Shim was asking them regarding what happened.

 

“He beat them up good. I was thinking of beating them up myself but Jeno did the job.”

Donghyuck was in Jeno team this time. He hated Kevin more than Jeno apparently.

True to his words, Kevin had a big blue-purple visible bruise at his jaw, on the lackeys has a broken nose and the other has a black eye.

“Trunks? Like the one that is in-law with Kingsleys’? Oh no! What do we do?”

Donghyuck looked at the worried Chenle and made a face.

“Don’t you know who Mommy Lee is? She is an apprentice of Kingsley and works at Wizengamot. What in-laws? She can wipe floors with them.”

Jaemin thinks Donghyuck kind of idolizes Mommy Lee though he hates her sons. It’s a bit quizzical but very Donghyuck. He zones out Chenle’s leveled up fanboying and concentrates on what they are saying.

Kevin Trunks and his lackeys are narrating the whole story in a much-exaggerated fashion. He skips the part where he bullies Chenle and grabs Jeno’s collar.

“He just attacked us from nowhere, Professor. I guess his hate for Gryffindors is too much….” And he goes on how badly Jeno beat them up even when he asked for forgiveness and like that.

Jeno on the other hand looks very bored. He is glancing at his nails and he was quiet throughout the whole narration. He didn’t utter a word but laughed quietly in some instances like he is amused.

Professor Shim looked a bit confused. He looked at Jeno observing him throughout the narration.

When Kevin is done he asks for the Slytherin to explain his part.

Jeno with a very polite and mild voice says something that leads to Donghyuck and Chenle being shook. Jaemin was kind of expecting it though.

“I don’t know what they are talking about. I am sorry Professor but I don’t have a single idea about this matter and hence have nothing to say.”

Hi face was calm as if he is not lying between his teeth in obvious daylight.

“Whoa!!!.... A true snake. He is lying so comfortably that even I would believe it.”

Donghyuck giving respect is no joke.

Professor Shim looks even more confused. He asks for their wands which the boys hand over.

He puts some potion in it. The wands of the Gryffindors let out sparkles while Jeno’s remain silent.

 

“He’s using tracer potion to see if they had been used to hex or curse during the fighting. As expected of an ex-Auror.”

Donghyuck had become the official commenter.

“But Jeno Hyung used some silencing charm in there also a shield charm in the end when they threw hexes at him.......Oh, wait! It was my wand he used.” Chenle was surprised at his discovery.

“Wait! Don’t tell me Jeno thought he might use tracer potion and hence didn’t go for magic but fistfight. Is that also why he used your wand, Chenle? No way…. right?”

 

Professor Shim glared at the Gryffindors with a sense of distaste.

“You have used freezing curse, tickling curse, stoning curse, disarming charm and few others through this wand in the last few hours, and as far as I know Gryffindor doesn’t have any charms class or DADA today. May I know the reason Mr. Trunks?”

Kevin was stuck in a bad position he didn’t expect the professor to bring out tracer potion. But he is not the one to give up.

“It was a fistfight professor. He literally punched us. Do you see this bruise, Sir? He did it.”

Kevin desperately jabbed his fingers at Jeno almost knocking Jeno’s glasses off his face. Jeno looked pretty irritated. He finally opened his mouth. His face is still cold and different but mildly annoyed.

“What gibberish are you spouting Mr. Trunks? Do I know you? Did I have a debt towards you?  I barely know you. Why would a pureblood academically well-established wizard such as myself would take up the trouble to mess with a muscle headed nobody like you just for fun? That also not in a duel of curses and hexes but a fistfight like a commoner Muggle. Do I look the type that has lost his head? Please think before accusing.”

He took a breath as if calming himself and then he smirked.

“But I guess it’s expecting too much from you, your grades are probably enough to confirm it.”

 

 

“Oooooohhhhhh! Burn. I was wrong, he is not a snake. But a Basilisk. A Slytherin to the core.”

Donghyuck rubbed his hands in glee. He was too invested in the drama.

“He wrapped his knuckles with his tie. He would not have injury them. They can’t also bring me up as witness or I might expose them.” Chenle was in detective mode. “Jeno Hyung really played it well.”

Jaemin was a bit shocked. He has always seen the kind Jeno, the smiling Jeno, the happy Jeno, the indifferent Jeno, the irritated Jeno but never this scheming Slytherin Jeno. He was taken aback.

“No one is more suited to this house than I am” he had said.

Maybe Jaemin was yet to see all the sides of Jeno yet.

A Slytherin to the core. Jaemin kind of agrees (but still under review).

 

The final sentence was the ending blow. There was no witness presented hence facts cannot be checked.

Professor Shim looked curious and confused but Jeno had explained his part and taking the fact he is a Slytherin truly fist fight is something impossible. It would be considered beneath their dignity as a wizard. He knows how these pureblood snobs are. Jeno is also as he said academically doing great. All the professors like him. So it was a bit unlikely for him to call for trouble on his own and damage his own reputation.

On the other hand, Kevin Trunks as everybody knows is a bully. He relies on his family to clear up after him when he causes trouble.

 

 

In the end he dismissed them on account of no evidence. But he said he will make sure to relay the incident to headmistress. He specifically said it to Trunks and co. He also added a sentence for him.

“Mr. Trunks, you should know this your second strike. A third strike and you out of Hogwarts. I am warning you as your Professor. As for Mr. Lee Blood status has long been abolished by Ministry please don’t bring it in conversations. You may go back. Mr. Trunks and others will apologize to you personally. Won’t you Mr. Trunks?”

Trunks just grumbled angry teeth clenched “sorry.”

“I can’t hear you Mr. Trunks”

“I said I am sorry.” If looks could kill Jeno would be a dead man. But looks can’t kill and Jeno very much lived. He even smirked at him.

“Your apology is duly noted.” It was a polite answer and he smiled. The boys visibly shivered from it.

 

 

Outside the three of them were relieved.

Chenle was especially happy.

But Jaemin poured cold water on his happiness.

“Jeno was lucky this time. Chenle you should really know how to control that mouth of yours. One time is enough trouble. Do you really not understand the consequences of your careless action? What if this again happens? There are not always people around to take care of your mess. You are not a child anymore. It is high time you grow up Chenle.”

It was a bit excessive maybe but it’s a necessary evil. He can again get in trouble for this kind of bratty attitude and that time he may not be that lucky.

Chenle looked like a kicked puppy. It was a sad sight to see. Even Donghyuck felt pity for him and glared a little bit at Jaemin. He was going to say some comforting words but they saw with wide eyes Chenle’s bottom lips tremble as big fat tears ran down his cheek.

“I-I am s-s-sorry.”

And he ran down the corridor.

Jaemin and Donghyuck ran after him also. They saw Chenle collide with Jeno who was coming out of the Professor's room. Chenle automatically hugged him as he cried, his arms going around Jeno’s waist as his form which barely touched Jeno’s chest trembled. The elder Slytherin was taken aback by the crying boy in his arms. He tried to ask what happened and the boy cried harder.

So Jeno like a responsible older brother got down to his knees and carried Chenle over his back in a piggyback ride as he made his way towards the staircase. The younger hid his wet face on the elder’s back and tightened his limbs around his neck and waist like a baby monkey as they made their way downstairs.

He passed by Jaemin and Donghyuck signaling them to follow him.

 

And that’s how they found themselves pacing around in front of the Slytherin Dungeons. Jeno had gone inside with Chenle keeping them waiting outside.

A few Slytherin glances at them with weird and hostile looks but they ignored it. Jeno came back within a few minutes.

“How is Chenle?”

“Crying and hiccupping. He is with ‘his favorite Taeyong Hyung who loves him very much’ so its gonna be okay.”

Jaemin probably looks a bit guilty so Jeno goes for Donghyuck.

“So what happened?”

“Jaemin scolded him for causing trouble.”

Some best friend you are mister. One chance and you sell your best friend out.

Jeno nods his understanding.

“Okay, Good job. I was going to anyway. It’s good that you already did”

Bewilderment is an understatement. Jeno continues on.

“This time he was lucky that I was there. But I won’t be by his side forever nor others will be there to clean up after him. He should learn how to keep his bratty attitude in check.”

Jaemin feels like they both share the same brain cells. He even glanced at Donghyuck with a told-you-so look.

“So is Chenle gonna come out?”

“Maybe. If you lure him out with some cupcakes from the kitchen.”

Before Jaemin can volunteer to go Donghyuck had left. He was complaining about too much Slytherins around him giving the stink eye and he was finally glad to be able to escape.

That left Jeno and Jaemin.

“That was fast.” Jaemin was feeling a bit awkward now.

“Just so you know Jaemin. As much as it is true he needs to be more aware. But I think this time what he did was alright. This time I support Chenle for standing up.”

“Why?”

Jeno looked a bit amused. Like Jaemin is asking the obvious. When Jaemin still looks bewildered Jeno asks him something weird.

“Could it be you didn’t ask Chenle the reason why he stood up to them?”

To be truthful Jaemin never thought it like that. He assumed Chenle and his without filter mouth was being nosy and hence ended up angering some people.

Jeno let out a sigh.

“He stood up for you. They called you bad names and Chenle protested against it. That is why they ganged upon him. I reached him just in time to see it. I don’t know what happened between them before I went there so for more information ask Chenle.”

There was an awkward silence.

Ugghh… Jaemin did Chenle wrong. He felt sorry for saying those things. Chenle got in trouble because he stood up for Jaemin and he scolded him for it. ! Chenle must hate him now.

What should he do now? Should he ask Chenle to forgive him? What if he hates him and refuses to be associated with him?

 

“Hey! It’s ok. You did the right thing. He does need to correct his habit for it will cause him trouble but then again being courageous does help doesn’t it Mr. Gryffindor? You are not wrong. Stop blaming yourself. Chenle won’t hate you. He likes you and that is why he stood up for you. Stop beating yourself over it. If you feel like it buy him some sugar quills as an apology. Okay?”

Jaemin calmed down a bit.

“Okay.”

Suddenly a thought hit him.

“So did you beat Trunks up because he spoke trash about me or because he ganged up on Chenle?”

Jeno smiled that amused smile. He bends the upper half of his body to get closer to Jaemin as he whispered in a hushed voice.

“What do you think?”

Jaemin’s heart almost stopped at the close proximity. He feels himself flush a bit. But he controls it like a pro. Jeno continues.

“Both of the reasons, actually. 50% because he talked about you and hit Chenle on the back of his head and 50% because an like him deserves one good beating in his life.”

 

“So you’re saying you took revenge for a person who was not even your friend?” Jaemin made sure to emphasize the last part to get his point across. He leaned forward too narrowing his eyes as their noses barely touched.

Jeno straightened up in return made a face.

“You are a good person, Jaemin, friend or not. Also, he said some really ty things. Don’t ask me what he said because I am not gonna tell you. In conclusion, he deserved a good beating for it. He got it. Just not from me. I am thankful to whoever did it.”

And that mischievous secret smile was back again. It made Jaemin giggle in mirth.

“So should I go in or Chenle is gonna come out of the cave?”

“As much as I would like to take you inside and offer you a cup of tea, I can assure you it would be a thoroughly unpleasant experience. So let’s wait for the cupcake baits to arrive so we can catch a Chenle.”

“Did you just compare Chenle with an animal?”

“A very cute one though that has a high pitch voice.”

Donghyuck returned with a box of cupcakes. Jeno was able to bring the boy out but he came grabbing a bigger fish, Lee Taeyong.

Taeyong was cold and defensive as he gave Donghyuck and Jaemin an once-over. Jaemin thought he would freeze under that icy glare until Jeno slid in and held his elder brother’s hand. The gaze immediately softened.

“They’re just gonna talk. It’s okay they are good friends of Chenle.” Jeno assured and Taeyong nodded revealing Chenle behind him.

 

Chenle, Donghyuck, and Jaemin sat in one of the empty general common rooms. They gave Chenle all the cupcakes not before Donghyuck stealing two. Jaemin glared at him but Chenle didn’t mind.

“Chenle-ah, Hyung is sorry for being harsh to you. I just want the very best for you that includes keeping you away from trouble. You understand my heart right?”

Chenle just nods. He has tear tracks on his face with snot running down his face.

Jaemin sighs and takes a tissue from the automatically refilled jeweled tissue box placed on the table and wipes his face with it.

“I heard you stood up for Hyung, that’s why they ganged up on you. Is that true?”

Chenle just nods already on his second cupcake.

“Why didn’t you tell me that?”

Donghyuck was puzzled. “Wait, What?”

“They said some very mean things about you. I didn’t want you to be sad. Anyways I would have stood up for the other Hyung too, not just you.”

Ah! Jaemin has wronged this boy.

Even Donghyuck was touched but the conversation was far from over.

 

“What did they say Chenle? Tell ME. I WILL BEAT THOSE BASTARDS UP!!!!” an excited Donghyuck spells trouble.

Chenle laughed. “I think Jeno Hyung already did a good job at It.” then he turned serious. “They said Jaemin Hyung is playing hard to get because he has a pretty face but he is a ‘’ anyway. I am sorry I don’t know what the word meant but it sounded mean.”

Chenle stopped to search Jaemin’s face for any trace of hurt when he didn’t find any he continued.

“They said just because Hyung has better scores he may be seducing the professor with his pretty face. It was a mean and vulgar comment so, I said that you are not like that and you are a hard-working student and they should mind their own business.”

.

Jaemin knows the word so does Donghyuck who unlike Chenle who moved here not even 2 years ago has a better vocabulary. Chenle picked up spoken English from his parents and Jisung and later reading books. It is not unusual that there are a few words he is not sure about.

Jaemin was offended but Donghyuck was fuming. Chenle looked hurt and guilty. Jaemin held on to his best friend to keep him from storming away to find trouble with them.

“It’s okay Chenle. I am okay. But remember your safety comes first so if you’re in a bad position ignore such comments. Since Jeno was there with you it was fine. So in conclusion always have a strong backup before proceeding, bravery against injustice is always welcome but not at the cost of your safety. In later years when you become strong it is fine.”

 

Chenle nodded again. Jaemin hugged him.

This boy is also pretty cute.

“Chenle, I’ll give you the honor of becoming my son.”

Chenle scoffed.

“Who wants to be your son? I already have Jeno-Hyung as Dad. If you want me to be your son marry Jeno Hyung and you can become my mom.”

Jaemin kind of wants to push this brat away instead he hugs him tighter until he is breathless.

He takes it back. He is not cute at all. He is really the Devil-incarnate.

 

 

Halloween this year was exactly like last year. All huge pumpkin lanterns and live bats and delicious pumpkin pasties with goblets filled with bright orange Pumpkin juice. The only difference is Professor Shim finally got through with his idea of dancing skeleton troop.

After dinner at around 7:3o Jeno left the Great Hall. Taeyong wanted to follow him out but he said something to his older brother and the latter nodded and let him go.

Jaemin was feeling bored. Donghyuck was with Mark. Jisung was away with Chenle who was circling around Taeyong. Baekhyun was obviously with Chanyeol.

He was not even in the feeling of dancing in the after-party. The dancing skeleton troop was nice but not good enough to keep him entertained. So he left.

 He followed Jeno out. No one saw him going out except Baekhyun who eyed them as they left, with a smile on his face.

 

When Jeno took the way towards the old clock tower courtyard on the third floor, Jaemin already knew where he was going.

His thoughts were confirmed when he saw the boy turn towards the old wooden bridge. He sat there as usual with his shoes by his side but due to the chilly weather didn’t take off his robe.

The bridge was decorated with a few pumpkin lanterns at the entrance. But inside there was no decoration just the crescent moon hanging low on the sky and the array of stars.

Jaemin went ahead took off his shoes and sat by him. Just like he did once before. Jeno saw him but didn’t say anything. Jaemin enjoyed the peace and quiet for some time before speaking out.

“Why did you leave the party?”

“As you can already presume I don’t like social gatherings.”

“Why? Is it the people or the stares?”

“Kind of both. Unlike you who enjoy talking to people and bask in their attention, I like to stand in a corner and enjoy the peace of not getting noticed. Why did you leave the party? Didn’t you like parties?”

“I like them. But this time I am not in the mood.”

Because I like your company more. He didn’t say it loud though.

Jaemin and Jeno are very different individuals. They like different things. Their outlook on life is also very different. Maybe that is why he was so drawn towards him. He wanted to understand Jeno’s perspective of things and show him his.

But the boy is stubborn as a mule and like a snail on the slightest disturbance coils himself inside that hard shell of his. But he has also seen him in the face of danger. It’s like the calm before the storm, he strikes hard and fast like a viper before recoiling and vanishing like he was never there.

Jaemin liked the light, the people, the attention, social interaction. He is the prime definition of a beautiful social butterfly in limelight gracefully going around charming people of all ages with his lovely elegance. He is brave, upfront, admired, and open about his ideals, like a strong wind of fresh air.

Jeno likes the shadows, he loves the night and the darkness it brings with it that allows him to hide in it. He is many things. A being of contradictions. He is scheming, responsible; kind yet hates people and social interaction but devoted to his family. The mystery surrounding him makes him interesting but unapproachable.

 

And with passing time Jaemin is more and more intrigued.

 

“I can hear you thinking”

Jaemin whips his head towards Jeno.

“Say, do you refuse to be friends with me because we are too different?”

Jeno places his chin on the railing closing his eyes as the strong chilly wind muses up his light-colored locks of hair.

He doesn’t answer though. He just stays still like he is falling asleep.

Jaemin sulks. He is always rejected by him. Just when he thought he should just get up and leave him alone Jeno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter