Who - WonB

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sowon P.O.V.

 

I had the perfect life, I swear. I got a very good education and earned a job in the company of my dream. I fell in love. I could have taken the easiest path and marry the one my parents chose. Yet, I chose Love even though I am aware of all the past and future obstacles that will try to jeopardize it. I chose Hwang Eunbi.

 

SinB as she liked to be called, was really my opposite. I was rather the social type when she was the lonely one. I was an emotional person while she was the rationale and cold one. Everyone has always bet that our couple would fail so much that it had become a subject of gossip in the town. I was slightly hurt and disappointed to learn that, SinB on the contrary, didn’t care at all. Whenever I was speaking to her about this, she shrugged of the shoulders. She once told me that these people’s existence was meaningless. I admired how strong she was. This is a personality trait I wish I had. 

 

I met and fell for SinB during an event my company was organizing at a hotel. I talked to her and learned that she was there for her work too. She didn’t give me lots of detail. I just know that she had a lot of traveling. I immediately fell for her laid back personality. She revealed that she was in town for a moment. Then, she straightforwardly offered me a date which I have accepted. It is like she had read right through my mind as it was everything I was wishing for at that very moment. Really, she is very good at analyzing people and situations. Despite her mysterious aura, I just love how she wasn’t afraid to voice directly what she wanted and never beat around the bush. I never saw her panic either. 

That’s why at some point I thought that she was a robot or some kind of high trained soldier. The latter can be possible as she never answered any question about her job. Sometimes she disappeared for days and then went back home as if nothing happened. It was okay as I trusted her. 

 

Keeping one composure is good but then I started seeing the flaws of such rationale and emotionless personality. I mean I never saw SinB cry. I never saw her explode in joy or happiness. Her smile had always a limit in terms of stretching. At first, I above all perceived that we were a great balance knowing my overly reactions. Then I sometimes got that fear of not knowing who she truly was.  However, don’t get me wrong. I was very happy with her She was giving me everything I needed. I told her about the man and his powerful family that my parents wanted me to marry. She  reassured me and I don’t know how she managed to deal with it. She even proposed to me and we got married quickly after just like in my dreams. She satisfied all my physical needs and even more. She ensured my wellbeing by being a very good listener. She was gently calming me down when emotions got the best of me. She bought us a big, comfy and luxurious mansion away from prying eyes and rumors. I was telling her everything and even though sometimes I had the impression that she wasn’t listening, I knew that she actually was. Because then everything I have said, she would somehow make it happen. That’s how she got me by surprise when she offered me a dog for my birthday whereas I had just vaguely spoke about it once. I discovered a new aspect of her when I noticed how caring she was with our dog. Her sudden childish behavior reminded me for the first time that she was actually younger than me. Since that, my wish was to see her more like that. Of course, that’s the only one I’ve never told her about. For her birthday, I gifted her with a dog and her smile was bigger. I felt very happy to see her like this. I felt like a mom and this weird thought awoke a deep desire: 

 

« SinB, do you like children? » - I asked her once while she was working on her computer even though it was almost midnight. It was usual but hopefully she listened to me and put her desk in our bedroom so that I can speak with her from our bed. 

 

« I don’t mind them. » - She answered one of her usual replies. For once, I felt unpleasant hearing it. I expected a little more reaction than just that. I do think she realized the awkward silence that started to settle in because she added: « Do you want us to have children? » 

 

For once, she stopped what she was currently doing and turned fully towards me. She had that serious expression on her face showing that she cared. 

 

« I know we can’t make them but it doesn’t matter, I mean the question arises only if you want to … » - I answered.

 

She stood up suddenly and I started wondering what I said wrong. But then, she approached and sat on the bed beside me. She took my hand while saying:

 

« Of course, I do. I want to give you a family. » - She was looking right in my eyes and her loving stare helped me disregard the fact that once again she was doing it and wanting it for me. Or maybe did she really mean it but just express herself weirdly. Well, I was hoping for that second option. 


Keeping her eyes locked on mine, she approached until we could feel each other breath. She then gently sealed her lips on mine. She lay me down on my back further on the mattress. I felt weak and vulnerable under her touch. She was strong physically. She could break me but I know that she would never hurt me. At least, she never did intentionally. Her reaction may have triggered worries and doubts from me but then her actions made me forgive her everything. She wasn’t the type to express herself verbally. However, it is okay as I was melting under her touch. She nibbled on my lips as my arms around her neck pulled her closer. I needed her. 

 

Months after, I was surprised when I got home and literally found two babies on their respective chairs. SinB appeared in the living room with two baby bottles. I was confused and shook. I mean just how? She seemed to have read my mind when she started explaining the situation. According to her, she appeared to know the parents who died in a tragic accident letting their newborn without any family relatives. She signed the paper and now we will be the legal guardians of the twins a girl called Jia and a boy called Minjun. I don’t think she expected my reaction as I got terribly sad at the terrible news and collapsed in tears. She immediately put the baby bottles on the table nearby and went to comfort me. She calmly told me that it wasn’t my fault and that the parents would have been happy to know that their children aren't in an orphanage.

 

« You will be a great mom. » - She added. 

 

But in the next days, I just couldn’t help but notice how a great mom SinB herself was. She was so caring with the twins. This soft side of her was an important discovery. The twins literally changed our life. They were making me happier and I devoted everything to them. A sad thought in my mind: they were too young to even remember their real parents. I wanted to protect them from all the atrocities of our World. That’s why I quitted my job. SinB supported me and was providing our family with everything. I sometimes missed her when she was away for her work but at least I had the twins with me. Even though I had now two children they were literally angels: they were behaving well and smiling more than crying. 

I remember once crying about how happy I was. SinB went home in the evening and I was wiping my tears while looking at Minjun and Jia sleeping peacefully. SinB silently wrapped her arms around my waist and back-hugged me. She started showering my back with kisses. 

 

« Why are you crying more? » - She asked when I turned around to face her. 

 

« I am so happy and it is mostly thanks to you. » - I confessed. 

 

« You deserve it. Now let me relax you.» - She merely said as she boldly leaded me to the bed. I lay on my stomach and she started massaging my back.  « You’re so tensed. » 

 

Slowly the magic her hands were doing started working. I felt my eyelids getting heavy with time. She stopped and guided me into her arms as I closed my eyes in peace. I couldn’t ask for more: I had the perfect partner, adorable children and I was free from all the past issues I had with my family etc …

I really had the perfect life. 

 

Then things started getting really weird. In fact, it was like all this time I haven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter