Strawberries & Cigarettes - UmB SEQUEL

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One P.O.V.

 

SinB felt sorry - tremendously sorry. She couldn’t cope with the fact that her stepfather took away the last chance of contacting Umji. As a result, SinB broke her promise. She was aware that if only she had given Umji her phone number then she wouldn’t have reached that impasse. Now Umji was surely deeming her as that bad and mysterious girl she first thought SinB was. Not that it was entirely wrong, it was part of the truth but SinB wasn’t that bad to the point of cowardly disappearing without a trace. She had no choice. Her stepfather wasn’t only a scouting teacher, he was the owner of the company. He didn’t want to face bad reputation because of the rebellious actions of his step daughter. Especially when Umji’s parents were well-known among the other parents of the privilege class. That part of the society for who scouting was a very important institution for the growth of their children. In fact, scouting created that deep sharing bond and the community spirit peculiar to the high society. More importantly, the children were learning how to be law-abiding by respecting strict rules, etc …  All those things SinB hated even though she herself was the fruit of that environment especially with her relatives taking actively part into that tradition perpetuation. Her mother was the director of a private school. That would explain why her family was well known and was always invited to big events when they weren’t event hosts. That was also the reason why SinB had always preferred to be with her real father. He wasn’t from the same class - but more from the middle class. He was living in a normal house in a normal district - away from the fancy city center. He had a normal job and normal friends. There were no big rules. The freedom to be oneself. That’s everything SinB wants. All the luxury, the hundred people network, the V.I.P. access and the celebrity … SinB didn’t need them to be happy. Even worse they were the reason of what she had become. A rebel but down-to-earth (or more hell) girl not impressed by anything and without a dream. The only two things she truly appreciated were Strawberries and cigarettes. Strawberries because that was the favorite food of her father and she grew up eating them a lot. For those reasons, she had develop a strong appreciation to strawberries. It was her soft side. About the cigarettes, it was her rebel side against her mother. But ironically, the high society was also what made her get to know that addiction. Fortunately, she managed to win against her mother as the latter accepted that SinB goes to the public school in her father’s district. Of course, it wasn’t easy to convince her as SinB had for that to blackmail her by saying that she will earn herself a bad reputation and thus, destroy her director mother’s perfect public image.

However, SinB was determined to find Umji even if for that she had to use her mother’s network. She was practically sure that Umji was a student at her mother’s school. To make sure of that, SinB sneaked in her mother’s office and found the students listing with all the information. SinB assumed that Umji was her age so she checked the specific sheets but there were no Umji names. SinB then checked the other levels just to be sure but it was all in vain. How she regretted taking things slow with Umji. How she regrets not having asked her questions about her life. At least, her surname. Desperate, she went to visit her stepfather and asked her about the other students. However, afraid of her motives, he refuse to give her any single information and locked the sheets. SinB sighed: should she give up?

 

Months passed and the summer was coming to an end. Umji thought that it was for sure the saddest summer she had had. She did take part in interesting activities with her parents but it was always the same and Umji got bored. After all, how can she now lives a normal life after SinB made her taste a sip of how exciting life can be. But don’t get Umji wrong. She had no thoughts of rebelling herself. It wasn’t her anyway. She was more a follower following what destiny had prepared for her. 

 

« Yewon are you ready? » - Her mother asked her and Umji nodded. The first day of school started always with a reception of all the students. A little formal ceremony with a buffet. The purpose was to create bonds with other students in order to expand the network. 

 

Once at school, the school director started her traditional speech. Being the well-mannered girl, Umji was she politely listen to it. However as she did, she let her eyes wander from time to time in the students crowd in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter