Under Control - Sinrin SEQUEL

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB P.O.V.

 

I woke up because I felt cold. I had that huge headache. My heart was throbbing and everything was twisting. I sat up again when everything started spining. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath twice. I shouldn’t panic or else my state would worsen. Long minutes passed before I got slightly better. That’s how I realized where I was. A small dark alley at the back of Nightclub. I was in the middle of the trash bins. I thought that I was having hallucination when I suddenly spotted a hand popping from one of them.

 

I managed to stand up and approached it slowly. I looked inside the bin and … there was a body. A female one. The first person who crossed my mind … Yerin. Could it be her?

 

I had to be sure. I was reassured when I finally got to see her face: she wasn’t Yerin. Her black outfits reminding me of the one wore by government agents. That’s how … I realized: this woman in the Government agent I was supposed to meet.

 

However if she’s the one, then who’s Yerin? I looked at the wrist. There was no wristband with a diamond. My eyes widened as I remember Yerin’s last sentence … She had a plan. She had the wristband of the government agent. No way …. I couldn’t believe it: Yerin killed the agent.

 

Then she fooled everyone by taking her wristband. Oh gosh … How could I have not seen it coming?! Well obviously because her plan was perfect … it was impossible to fail.

 

And say I was worried about her just minutes ago. I still don’t get why I fainted though … I mean no I was no sick. Something might have provoked it. What’s the last think I did besides embarrassing myself by confessing to traitor who couldn’t care less about my damn feelings.

 

I drank that alcohol glasses… that Yerin brought me. I was dumbfounded: she drugged me.

 

I looked at my watch. Hopefully I wasn’t unconscious that long: one hour. I could still find her, but how?

 

« SinB? SinB? » - I heard a voice through my ears and it felt like the person was in my head. Then I realized:

 

« Eunha? »

 

« Yes what took you so long to reply? Anyway Yuju told me to contact you to see if everything is fine. »

 

« Well … » - I couldn’t even explain myself that Yuju cut me:

 

« At least you’re still breathing. However aren’t you suppose to sleep I mean you are with a gorgeous creature in the fancy Sea hotel of the city …. »

 

« Hotel? » - I sounded confused but also panting.

 

« Oh gosh Eunha can you believe it?! That other girl is so good in bed that SinB don’t even recall when they are … oh wait SinB! Have you just reached orga … »

 

« The fudge! Sorry SinB, Yuju omitted to tell you that she put a sat nav on the USB stick Anyway, SinB we’re letting you enjoy and rest since everything seems ok. » - Eunha cut her.

 

« Yeah now it is time for Eunha to practice her vocal cords too. » - Yuju mysteriously added and I couldn’t hear Eunha’s reaction as the connection got cut.

 

I was very confused for a second and then I realized that unknowingly Yuju just revealed me Yerin’s localization. I didn’t waste much time: I drove there and entered the hotel. I managed to get Yerin’s room number thanks to the clueless trainee left alone at the reception. I made my way up to Yerin’s floor. I didn’t even bother myself to wait for the elevator. The stairs suited better my impatience.

 

I knocked at her room’s door. As soon as she opened the door, I didn’t buy her time to realize since I jumped right on her. I had pulled out my gun and aimed right at her brain.

 

« SinB … » - She whispered with a voice full of surprise. There was somewhat fear in her eyes but also guilt.

 

Emotionless, I looked into her eyes as if I was trying to kill her her soul with my stare. I had to shoot her down. She stole the USB stick. Yeah however I still didn’t know her motives.

 

« Why did you steal the USB stick? »

 

« It doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t have come in this hotel. You’re supposed to be dead for … »

 

« Well we’ll see who is really going to be dead soon now … » - I cut her and got angry for having been fooled. Yuju and Eunha have worked so hard. I have to make up for my mistake as it is entire fault. I shouldn’t have trusted her no, I shouldn’t have fallen for her that fast. She is a mere stranger. I looked at her again. All I had to do was to pull the trigger and that was it. Then why was it so hard? Aish! My damn feelings.

 

Yerin must have noticed my hesitation since she confidently managed to take my wrist and get rid of the gun. Then she pushed me away - however as I was still holding on her shirt - we rolled on the floor. She ended up on top of me. She got me under control. There was no gun in her hand but still she could struggle me effortlessly. Except that she didn’t. No she jumped on her feet, grabbed her bag and left the room. I couldn’t lose her again so I stood up despite feeling dizzy - surely the aftermath of the drugs. I followed her. I haven’t imagined her being that fast. Now that I think about it, there was no way she hadn’t been trained. She had great skills and I am sure she could take me down easily. Yet, she chose to run away. Why was she avoiding any confrontation?

 

I managed to catch up with her and so I pushed her to make her fall. I aimed at some closet in the corridor. Yet, she fell towards the stairs. All of sudden I stopped when I witnessed her rolling down. She looked unconscious since she was motionless. So I joined her downstairs. I didn’t want to admit it but I was worried. Have I killed her?

 

« I didn’t want to come to do you any harm but you leave me no choice. » - She claimed softly before sitting up and punching me in the face.

 

She awoke pain and I’m sure that my lip was bleeding as I had that salty and awful taste in my mouth.
I caught some regrets in her eyes for a second before she ran upstairs. I stood up and again because of my dizziness I almost fell back down towards the below stair’ steps - that could have ended up very badly. Even Yerin stopped for a second when she noticed how I was holding on to my head. The pain she just inflicted me added to those damn drugs’ effects. I felt weak but then I thought about my team. I couldn’t let them down. So I took all the energy I had left and run upstairs to Yerin who resumed her course.

Why did it feel like a game? I mean she waited for me … I got angry since I alleged that she was playing me again. I had to end this.

I was going to crash into her. I sped up to the maximum even if I was consuming my last energy reserve for that. It was gambling: either I win or I fail.
Success was right there but yet, she turned right into her room again right before. And I crashed into … a wall.

 

Pain sank my consciousness. I drowned into dizziness but I was still fighting it. I was wriggling on the floor while holding on my head. Before I closed my eyes, I caught sight of Yerin running towards me.

However she stopped right in front of the windows before crying out:

 

« They’re here. »

 

Then everything became black.

 

I didn’t know how I managed to survive. I opened my eyes and a rosy ceiling welcomed me.

I felt something cold no icy on my forehead - yet, it was easing the pain of my throbbing head.

My body felt numb but at least the dizziness seemed to have disappeared. I tried to sit up.

 

« Hey … careful. » - A sweet voice whispered softly. It sounded like a lullaby.

 

I looked at my clothes … I was wearing some unfamiliar black shorts and a white teeshirt. I was on a bed and Yerin was right beside me. Wait am I dreaming? Then I noticed the gun on the floor beside me. No it was real.

 

I rolled on my side and fell on the floor. I groaned because of the pain. However I disregarded it since I managed to get the gun.

 

Yerin was looking at me with worries. Then, when I took the gun it got replaced by fear. She was powerless … she was dead.

 

« SinB … Let me explain. »

 

« You stole the USB stick and then you drugged me. »

 

« SinB I didn’t have a choice. They wanted it. »

 

« Who are they?! » - I grew impatient.

 

« The Dragon Mafia. »

 

« You’re one of them!!!!? »

 

« NO! I mean not really. They trained me just for this mission. Actually I work in the medical field.» - It could make sense as she didn’t have their tattoo.

 

« I don’t care. You’re one of them. »

 

« I’m not. I didn’t want to. They blackmailed me! » - She sounded genuinely revolted.

 

« That doesn’t exist. You always have a choice. »

 

« No they took her … they took Sowon Unnie and threatened me to kill her if I don’t comply with their orders! » - She started having tears in her eyes.

 

« You said that they were here. So I guess she is safe now since you gave them the USB stick? »

 

« No because my mission is not completed. » - She looked down and tears fell down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter