Final

What Happened to Taehyung's Mushroom?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fairy Taehyung was a busy body. Everyday children were losing teeth. This meant hard work for the fairy boy. Every night he would sneak into homes and swap teeth for coins. Taehyung had no use for the currency. Teeth, now those were important!

The teeth he secured were used to pay off his mortgage. Cranky leprechaun Yoongi didn't care much for gold. He took payment in teeth.

Taehyung had mortgage to pay for his mushroom house. He was very proud of that mushroom. Having a mushroom of his own at such a young age was very self-sufficient of him.

However, when he got home on that fateful day, there was no mushroom.

Taehyung was astonished. He was sure he'd left it here. Why wasn't it there then?

His brow crinkled.

Deep breaths didn't help him. Flailing his arms, the wings on his back bat frantically.

"My mushroom! My mushroom! I must see the neighbour! He will know!"

In the midst of a panic attack, Taehyung flew right for the gutter pond.

A wise, old, grizzly, grey toad dominated the gutter water. He was so large that little kids were frightened off him. The teenagers who bothered His Toadness found him plaguing their nightmares. Adults usually left the toad alone. Few who troubled him would find toad droppings in their cars.

Taehyung sought out this toad.

"Mr. Toad, Mr. Toad, have you seen where my mushroom went? I left it on the grass and went in search of a tooth. Where could it have gone? I'm still paying the mortgage. Help me, Mr. Toad."

Mr. Toad raised his grey wise head. A gutter toad knew all the sidewalk gossip and when he didn't know, he made sure to learn.

"Brrr-ribit mushshrooooom. Brrr-ribit mushshrooooom."

Taehyung nodded his head. "Yes, yes, the mushroom."

"Brrr-ribit gone. Brrr-ribit pup."

"What? A dog ate my mushroom?" Taehyung clutched his long, curly blue hair. Tears welled in his eyes. His dream of being self sufficient was turning to sand.

"Brrr-ribit no. Brrr-ribit walk."

Taehyung ruffled his hair. "I can't believe my mushroom would go for a walk! I've told it to stay put so many times. Thank you, Mr. Toad for letting me know. I'm going to check the next grass patch."

His translucent, rainbow wings spread a d swooped, carrying the fairy to the next grass patch.

Here, a squirrel was gnawing on an acorn. It's bushy red tail bounced when Taehyung came into view.

"Squiggle Snuggle, have you seen my mushroom?" Taehyung addressed the squirrel.

"Oppar! Oppar, Squiggle is so glad oppar has come to meet Squiggle."

"Oh, Squiggle, stop it. You're making me blush." Taehyung cheeks were two scarlet cherries.

"The mushroom, oppar, Squiggle saw the country bumpkin speak to it."

"Do you mean Jimin with the Jams?"

Squiggle nodded, going back to her acorn. Her beady eyes fluttered from behind puffy cheeks.

"I'm going to check Jimin with the Jams."

"The country bumpkins are the ones we have to watch out for oppar. Stay safe, oppar. I love you."

Taehyung giggled, pressing his fingers to his pink cheeks. He really couldn't handle such compliments without squirming. Oftentimes, Jimin with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter