{Chapter 1} ~ What's that smell...

I-Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Most days she would prefer to be woken up by the lovely gentle mother Soojin. How she would soothingly and peacefully awaken her and many others from their sleep whilst not disrupting their peaceful state of bliss continued to baffle and amaze Shuhua.

 

Today was not one of those days.

 

She'd rather have Yuqi dump a bucket of cold water on her face. Not an exaggeration, she’d actually pay Yuqi to do it this time.

 

It was one of her worst nightmare cycles to date. Her cold sweat matched the intensity of that super introverted child asked to do a speech in front of the whole school… IN GRADE 1 TOO WHO DOES THAT TO A KID THAT'S  JUST CRUEL!!

 

Point being, she needed a cooling feeling to ease the heat she had been stuck in for the past couple of hours. She had woken herself up at 3am and despite tossing and turning, her mind and body simply wouldn’t let her calm down and drift into a peaceful state of sleep, other than that black room, damn the colour black at this point…

 

Even though her schedule starts at 7:30, at 6am, the voice in her head became so unbearable, she finally gave in.

 

With a groan, she pushed herself off her bed and in the direction of the bathroom.

 

Some would say a perk of her having a room to herself included not having to worry about waking up your roommates in the middle of the night but even if she were in the same situation a month ago, it wouldn’t make a difference when your Song Yuqi of a roommate can sleep through earthquakes. Literally, she was so sound asleep through that one drill, Shuhua had to tickle her awake. A tactic they swore to only resort to on dire situations.

 

A sigh of relief escaped her lips as the ice-cold droplets splashed upon her face. She did this a couple more times before grabbing the towel to wipe her face and then look at her reflection. Dark circles coupled with eye bags were starting to take shape, and with skin as pale as hers, you better believe they were noticeable. 

 

Since she was at least an hour ahead of schedule though, she didn’t bother to think up an elaborate excuse this time and instead got to work with foundation and concealer. 

 

She liked her dark hair and unlike the others, she wasn’t interested in doing bangs or dying it anytime soon but at this moment, she could easily bleach the whole thing. It’s all just inconvenient, the colour of her eyes, her hair, her uniform, so dark, so black. Ughh such a disgusting colour she really is growing to hate it…

 

 

————————

 

 

Contrary to Yuqi, whose snores can be heard clear as day down the hall, and probably throughout the whole campus for that matter, Soojin’s a very light sleeper.

 

Senses always on high alert even when resting. She even wakes up before the alarm, something the other girls struggle at and envy her for. 

 

It’s the mom in her. Waking up before the kids, cooking them breakfast, even in the days before they were promoted to their own joint dorm, she would have all their cafeteria meals set up and seated at the table before her partners would arrive.

 

And of course, waking up her younger colleagues has been a trait she’s carried since she first started at the agency. Naturally, this would imply that without fail, she is up before anyone else so should someone be awake, she’s sure to notice.

 

This was one of those days. 

 

It’s happened before and has been occurring more frequently actually. 

 

Though she would rather lie her way out than admit to it, Shuhua has been having nightmares and a lack of sleep because of it and they just seem to be more often and more severe each time. No one besides Shuhua has a clue as to why or when this pattern first began, though the woman in question claims she’s just as oblivious to the cause.

 

It hurts Soojin to see her close friend suffer so much, although she has proven to be far ahead than her peers and elders in terms of skill and intellect, in the eyes of Soojin, Shuhua is still her baby she’ll always want to protect and care for no matter what so it kills her a little each time she refuses to open up. Nonetheless these matters can be rather touchy so regardless, Soojin will always respect her boundaries as she would with anyone else.

 

She just feels a bit hurt.



Not only mentally but physically now too.

 

Her nostrils are burning.

 

 

Dear god did Shuhua find her way into the kitchen and decide to cook?? Wasn’t the place child, or rather, Shuhua proof for these matters specifically???

 

Scrunching her nose at the strong and irritating aroma that was quickly clouding her senses, she opened her room door to rush down towards the kitchen, but not before poking her head in Yuqi’s room to wake up the girl from her slumber. 



The smel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter