Six

The Other Dr (Je)Jung
Please log in to read the full chapter

They are squealing. 

 

Literally squealing. 

 

And they’re blocking his path.  He is trying to get to the elevator, but there is a trio of women clustered in front of the silver doors talking. 

 

“She was so pretty,” the tallest of them was saying and hugging a patient file to her chest, “You can tell she is his child. An angel, perfect.” 

 

“But do you think she looks like her mother?” one of the others was asking, eyes wide, “she definitely doesn’t look too much like him.” 

 

So, someone had a baby, a pretty one, and that deemed it appropriate for them to stand about, blocking pathways? Gossip? Probably of some celebrity, Yunho had no doubt.  

 

The third nurse gasped, like someone major was happening, “Oh my god that’s right. How is that fair? I bet Kim Jaejoong’s wife is a model. Their daughter has the most gorgeous parents, I’m so jealous.” 

 

“Ah, no ring, she could be his girlfriend instead, he was in America for years, remember?” 

 

Kim Jaejoong? They’re talking about Kim Jaejoong? And his... his daughter and wife? Girlfriend? 

 

Somehow he feels a little bit nauseous, a little bit angry but he is mostly upset and he refuses to think on why. 

 

So what, really? It wasn’t like he had been expecting anything, so what if they worked well together, so what if they had started calling each other by their first names and properly having some conversation?  It didn’t mean he could or should have been jealous of a small child. 

 

Rather wasn’t it wonderful news to hear he was such a great parent? What a lucky woman. 

 

“Excuse me,” the doctor cuts in sharply with a curt nod, uttering his thanks as the girls part long enough for him to step into the elevator. 

 

They start up again as soon as the doors are closing. 

 

“Wait! What about Kim Junsu? Do you think he is in an open relationship?” 

 

“God, I hope so. Sign me up.” 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter