Two

The Other Dr (Je)Jung
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Our patient is a 5 year old boy, Jang Chulwon, 3 feet 6 inches tall, weighs 38 pounds. He is here with his mother today complaining about abdominal pains, we’ll preform a standard physical to make sure all is well.” 

 

Yunho had been off of the elevator for all of 45 seconds, washed up and changed into colorful scrubs with different superheroes dotted over them when he catches sight of Jaejoong. It had only taken him 8 minutes to get changed and arrive in the children’s wing, something he had intended to gloat about but the blonde had spotted him first. 

 

Just a single glance over his shoulder, nothing more, nothing less and once Yunho had fallen into step with the man he had begun to ramble. Well, it wasn’t really rambling, but Jaejoong had started spouting off at him in English, there was a very soft accent barely clinging to the words that made the other doctor sound quite a lot like a native speaker. Not that that was a problem exactly. 

 

The problem was more than it had been quite some years since he had taken English classes and that his skills were conversational at best. 

 

Curiously,  Yunho had looked down at the file in Jaejoong’s hand, finding it to be closed. So, while he could easily pick up on the blonde discussing their patient, it hadn’t been a matter of reading from the file. Regardless, they were in Seoul, and he doubted the child and parent they would be meeting with would be speaking English with them very much. 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi,” he therefore called, and suddenly there was a manila folder pressed into his hands. 

 

“I’m so sorry,” the apology was a swift one, and a glance over found a soft smile on the blonde’s features, “It’s been a while, you know? Being back here, just whack me over the head next time before I make a complete fool out of myself, won’t you?” 

 

He wasn’t, he hadn’t, he wanted to correct, if Jaejoong had just come from a place where he spoke English regularly it was hardly a surprise or wonder if he fell back into a natural pattern. Yunho didn’t get so much of a word of it out though before the man was repeating himself, in a language shared by them that time.  

 

“308, here we are,” Yunho hummed, breaking the semi-comfortable silence that had settled between them as they had been moving down the hall with the patient information out of the way. 

 

Had he tried to say he wasn’t concerned he would have been an ugly, dirty liar. Jaejoong had the papers, the licenses, the references and experience that made him a doctor, but the pediatrics wing was his, and it wasn’t every day someone knew ended up in the space without his prior knowledge. 

 

Okay, well it wasn’t exactly his wing, he wasn’t the head of pediatrics, but he would be, he had tenure and patients and staff alike loved him. Yunho loved his job, mostly, he loved working with the kids and tending to them until they healthy and happy again. 

 

Yunho didn’t know Jaejoong though, just that pediatrics hadn’t been his main, or sole, focus.  What if he was absolutely horrible with the children? What if the blonde man made 5 year old Chulwon cry? 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter