One

The Other Dr (Je)Jung
Please log in to read the full chapter

Something was abuzz in the hospital, but Yunho didn’t know what. 

 

Changmin had hurried him along that morning via text, claiming it was if utmost importance he arrived as early as possible, but had ignored the messages he sent in reply and had sent his calls to voicemail. 

 

None of it made a whole lot of sense to Yunho. He was in pediatrics and Changmin was a heart surgeon, their paths, thankfully, didn’t cross very often out of professional necessity.  Unless of course, something was wrong with one of his patients... 

 

There was a little girl being observed because of a heart murmur, but he was near certain it had been deemed innocent.  Had something happened? 

 

That had been the thought circling around in his mind as he made it to the hospital long before his alarm was even set to wake him that day. He had just worked a double shift the day before and hadn’t been set to return until just after noon that day, but there he was at nine sharp. 

 

And he truly, truly had no idea what was going on. 

 

Their hospital was sizeable, the best in Seoul and possibly even in the whole of their country if he was feeling bold, so of course there were quite a number behind their staff, but this was ridiculous. 

 

There were flocks of nurses gathered together, chattering behind clip boards or patient files as though it made them more inconspicuous, but it wasn’t just the nurses, either.  There were fellow residents as well, scattered about or huddled up the way the nurses were, they were slightly more subtle, ducked into doorways of open rooms as though they were actually working even if it was obvious they weren’t. 

 

It reminded Yunho of whenever they got new batches of interns, when everyone would gather together for their assignments and to figure out who their attendings would be while others would take a look to size up the bodies behind their paperwork.  They didn’t have, and were not due for interns though, so what the hell was going on? 

 

Yunho didn’t make it much further than just beyond the doors before there was an arm slung around his shoulders. The familiar shade of green popular among most of the floors of the building was the first thing he registered, the second being that only one person was so free with him, that person being Changmin. 

 

It wasn’t because he was cold or anything, but rather because it wasn’t all to professional was it? Not unless they were behind closed doors, and being behind closed doors with Changmin mostly just meant for a copious amount of swearing and little else.  They had been friends since university though, so nobody really commented on it.  

 

“I thought you were never going to get here,” the heart surgeon sighed dramatically, drawing the free hand to his chest as though he were short of breath or otherwise in pain, “You almost missed all of the fun.” 

 

“Fun? I thought something was wrong with on

Please log in to read the full chapter