In My Hood(ie)

Intervention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No!”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“You’re joking!”

 

“Unfortunately, not.”

 

The two girls were seated at the dining room table, one looking shocked at what she had just heard, the other looking sad for her best friend.

 

“But why?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Maybe you saw wrong?”

 

“Jisoo, my vision is the best of the four of us, and I was literally standing right next to her. I know what I saw.”

 

Lisa was on the verge of tears as she relayed today’s events to Jisoo, who was chewing on her bottom lip in between sips of coffee.

 

“We need to do something, right?”

 

Jisoo let out a sigh. “Definitely. Imagine if we waited, and then it got worse and something bad happened? We’d never be able to live with ourselves.”

 

“I’m just so surprised.”

 

“Me too. I never expected this from her.”

 

“Me neither.” Lisa practically let out a sob as Jisoo patted her arm. “What are we going to do?”

 

“I have a plan.” Jisoo leaned in and whispered in the younger girl’s ear, who nodded along as her unnie shared her plan in order to help their friend.

 

“When do we strike?”

 

“Tomorrow, 2 pm. Enough time to plan and arrange everything, and long enough after lunch that we can lure her in with food.”

 

“Should we tell Jennie? She is her girlfriend after all…”

 

Jisoo shook her head, “no, Jennie will freak out. We should give Chaengie a chance to explain herself first, before we go to Jennie.”

 

“You’re so smart.”

 

Jisoo nodded seriously. “I’m not just the visual of this group. Now, where’s my chocolate milk?”

 

//

 

“Is everything ready?” Jisoo whispered to Lisa who nodded in return. “Where is she?”

 

“In her room, petting Joohwangie.” Jisoo rolled her eyes, what was with the blonde and that stupid fish?!

 

Taking a final sip of her chocolate milk and fixing her hair, she gave the youngest Blackpink member a small nod. “Call for her.”

 

“Chaengie, can you come here pleaseee?” Lisa called out, almost using her aegyo voice. The two waited in anticipation as the door to the blonde’s bedroom opened, and she came shuffling into the dining room, pink fluffy slippers and all.

 

“What is it Lis- oh, food!” she excitedly made her way over to the table and began eating the fried chicken, causing Lisa and Jisoo to exchange a look. So far, so good.

 

They sat down next to each other, opposite Chaeng, as they watched her eat heartily. “What’s up with the food? Didn’t we just have lunch?”

 

“Uhh, Jisoo bought too much fried chicken, and she couldn’t finish it all.” Lisa quickly lied, earning her strange looks from both of her unnies.

 

“Uhh, ok?” Chaeng shrugged, she’d never, ever, seen Jisoo not finish fried chicken, but maybe she wasn’t feeling to well that day.

 

Jisoo, however, was furious that Lisa could even dare imply that she didn’t finish her chicken, she ALWAYS finished her chicken. She was about to cause a massive tantrum about it when she remembered why they were there in the first place. “Uhm, yeah, so full today. Too much chicken. Here, have some chocolate covered strawberries.” She pushed the plate of strawberries towards Chaeng with a slightly creepy smile.

 

Chaeng just happily ate, not minding that she’d finished her lunch less than an hour prior. “What’s up, guys?”

 

“Well, Chaeyoung” The two girls opposite her nodded at each other as they pulled out a tiny banner – which was really just a thin piece of paper attached to two chopsticks, Lisa holding one, while Jisoo held the other. “This is an intervention.” Chaeng read the banner, which just said ‘Intervention’ with a confused look.

 

“…ok?”

“Chaeng, we’re worried about you.” Jisoo leaned forward slightly, putting her hand on Chaeng’s arm, as if to keep her calm.

 

“Listen, guys,” the blonde said, slightly flustered, “if this is about me petting Joohwangie more than usual, it’s only because he’s been really stressed lately. Lily and Luca are always sitting on my bed staring at him while their lips, and it freaks him out. Imagine how Jisoo’s chicken feels before she devours it. I’m just being a good big sister and comforting him when he needs it.”

 

“Wha--?” the two girls looked at each other, both feeling extremely confused, while Chaeng looked like she was about to cry at the thought of something happening to her beloved pet fish.

 

“No, Chaeng, this is about you having an eating disorder.” Jisoo was back to her blunt self. They’d decided she would be in charge seeing as every time they’d practiced it beforehand Lisa’s lip had started quivering while her eyes got watery.

 

Chaeng, however, had just taken a big bite of chicken before Jisoo’s outburst, and her cheeks were now at optimal chipmunkness. She looked at them with furrowed eyebrows, looking extremely confused. “Me? You think I have an eating disorder? Me? Park Chaeyoung? You know I could eat you all under the table, right?”

 

Jisoo and Lisa shared a look, “Denial. As we expected.”

 

Both girls reached out their hands now, to put them reassuringly on Chaeng’s arms. “It’s ok, we’re here for you.” Lisa was fighting back tears; of course she’d be in denial.

 

“Guys, I don’t have an eating disorder!”

 

“We’re your best friends, we’re just here to help you, Chaeng, please listen to us.”

 

“Fine,” Chaeng said with an exasperated sigh an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter