We.

The Package
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shine so brightly on that one spring day. And throwing yourself into deep blue swimming pool sounds like a good idea. From doing a freestyle to a butterfly , a man in his 30s enjoying his free time then decide to finish his mango juice that serve by the maid. He was about to make another jump when he saw his sister pout from a far.

“Make another one and prepare her favourite cake. I bet she must be sad about her crush again.” He said to the butler.

The girl with hamster look just sitting quietly on the bench, crossing her legs and look at the empty glass of mango juice. Before the man could say anything, she already open .

“Yes. I am pissed off right now. I don’t understand how and why I was rejected by her???!”.

Kang Shinwoo just smile and shaking his head after hearing the rant from his naughty and brat little sister. But as a good listener, he just sit and served the snacks that the maids prepare for them.

“You should be more confident about your own self Wonnie. Eunbi is really something. She just rejected you about having dinner together. But why did you sulk as if she reject you to become her girlfriend?”. The older between the two just laugh and it takes Hyewon all her inner strength to not push her oppa to the swimming pool.

“Hyewon-nim, your parcel from Japan arrived just now. Do you want me to bring it your room?”.

“YAHHH!! You promise to oppa no more gaming right?! Gosh!!” Shinwoo shout knowing the parcel is from their childhood friend back then at Japan, the Miyawaki who run a worldwide gaming company.

“Oppa please. Just this time. Kkura said it’s limited edition by their company. And I promise this is really the last time before my final examination.” Hyewon try to save her with her puppy eyes and unleash the aegyo that ask for punch.

“Now I really realise why Kwon Eunbi should just make you stay as her friend. You can’t even keep a simple promise to me Won-ah.”

And that enough to make Hyewon realise the truth behind her brother’s word. A promise still a promise no matter how small it is. Promise that will show your partner the inner us. A promise. The key to commitment. It has no size, no colour, but the value for it could never be measure and no colour can shade every edge of it.

Shinwoo notice the silent pregnant and just remain quite. He is the only person that knew about her sister’s feeling for Kwon Eunbi. Watching his baby sister grow up day by day making him feeling nostalgic. Even Sakura did not know about this. Hyewon spill about her feeling when she taste the alcohol for the first time since reach legal age. He still remember that night when her sister bluntly confessing to her brother about Eunbi. Hyewon finally finish her orientation week as freshman at Daehan University. That’s where she met Eunbi, and since then, the two become close friend.

Hyewon just ignore her brother’s word earlier and just casually jump into the pool without thinking much. Shinwoo knew she must be hurt actually. Therefore, he look for his smart phone and make one phone call in secret but still his eyes fixed on her sister that already munch her nth cake without even bother to dry her body.

 

Night come and Hyewon need to revise for her upcoming exam. She is waiting a phone call from Eunbi or maybe one simple text message as she miss that latter so much. The coward her just sigh and sigh. She did not dare to break their friendship by one mere confession. And since it is her least favourite subject, she decide to sleep early. Just before she about to turn off the light, one knock from the door stop her.

“Hyewon-nim, there is another parcel for you. But you need to come down so that you can enjoy it now.”

“It’s already night but the courier services still available? Where it come from?”. She asked in confusion. The maid shake off her head indicate that she is not aware on it. Not wanting to waste any time, she make a step to their living room and notice the items. She order the maids to rest early and didn’t forgot to thanks them for their hard work that day. And when she open the box, she shout and jumping in happiness. Who will not be happy when the box are fill with sweet things, limited edition snacks, your favourite beverages, and fresh made candy from well known brand.

“WOAHHH JJINJA DAEBAKKKKK!!!”

She took the card that place near the box with her hands busy unwrapping the snacks. She almost choke after reading the postscript and silently thanks the sender. Deep in her heart, she know how much she value that person. While finishing all of the treat, she realised something. Her mood suddenly increase and her gloomy feeling faded just like that. At first, to her it was just a simple package. Actually what content inside it was just some edible snacks. Limited edition? With their wealth, with their connection, the “limited edition” term should never exist. But the sender knew her inside out so well. It’s more than just a parcel between the two. Hyewon appreciate the sender’s effort in cheering her up. Thus, this make her think hard about her feeling for her friend. Will Eunbi accept her if she confess with this kind of similar package?

 

THE PACKAGE OF HAPPINESS IS HERE! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS AND HAVE A NICE TIME

 

P/S : BRUSH YOUR TEETH OR ELSE EUNBI WILL LEAVE YOU FOR HAVING BAD BREATH

 

FROM – YOUR HANDSOME OPPA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyewon patiently wait for Eunbi outside the examination hall. The foodie make herself busy taking selfie pose around the campus as she feel bored. Who didn’t feel bored when you are leaving the examination hall only after the first 60 minutes the paper start when in fact the time given to answer is three hours. Eun bi already shoot her friend her infamous glare when the Kang leave the hall.

The time show there is still 40 minutes before the examination end and Hyewon finally regret her decision. Regret for leaving the hall too early? No no. She regret for not buying more snack earlier because the exam hall actually quiet far from other facilities at the campus. The journey walking back to café will consume her around 15 minutes and she know it’s now peak hour so she can imagine the long queue. What adding her bad luck is when even the nearest vending machine is under construction. She lost in her deep thought when a loud smash waking her up. She was about to curse the person who did that to her but just shut her lips. The pride of Kang Hyewon crumble down whenever Kwon Eunbi is around.

“Are you crazy? I know you are smart but leaving the hall that early is really a danger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter