Invisible Things - Fin.

OMW 1: Over You

JIHO.

 

Jiho remembers how Arin took over her thoughts the first time she saw her. It was surreal for Jiho to think about Arin and her dating, just.. how could that happen? Arin was too good to be true. Everytime Arin melts her heart effortlessly, Jiho would think, what good deed did I do in my past life to deserve her? Anyway, she'll forever be grateful for what God has given her. There might've been pain and stress, but there's a reward for all of it. Jiho learned how to appreciate everything she has now. 

 

Every morning ever since the day she left Korea, she wakes up only to sleep again. She's always unmotivated, she'd have a cup of choco while staring into nothing, thinking about nothing but her life, and what happened in the past, and Arin. But today, she woke up with a numb arm and a weight on her right side, her neck was sore because of her position. There are many reasons to complain about this, she used to wake up without body pain and now she's like this. But the thing is, Jiho would choose waking up to this everyday because she'd wake up seeing Arin hugging her with that sleepy face. 

 

Arin stayed the night in her place, the two young lovers cuddled up the whole night talking about the three years they lost. Jiho is beyond satisfied, she'd want to have this forever, she wants to know how to preserve this -- whatever this is, this must be what Mimi had towards Yooa. Maybe that's why she never gave up on her. And Jiho would never let go of Arin anymore. Never again.

 

Jiho stared at Arin's sleeping face, Arin used her arm as a pillow since last night; that's why she couldn't feel her arm but, it's Choi Arin so who is she to complain? The girl looks in peace, Jiho hopes Arin would never be stressed again, but it's inevitable, so maybe she'll just stay by Arin's side if ever life gives her a hard time. God, I'm head over heels for you, Yewon. That name, Jiho used to use Arin's real name whenever she goes to Starbucks. Pff. I'm hilarious. 

 

"Hmm." There's a small sound from Arin, did I wake her up? Jiho brushed Arin's hair, to soothe her back to sleep. It's almost 8 AM and it's Saturday, Arin could still get some sleep.

 

After a minute or two of checking if Arin's sleeping again, Jiho smiled, carefully pulling the girl in a hug.

 

Aah, what should we eat today? Jiho was busy thinking of all the things she could do with Arin when there was a loud knock on her door. What the.

 

Jiho panicked, she wanted Arin to sleep more and now there's someone banging her door like there's no tomorrow. 

 

"KIM JIHO!! WAKE UP AND OPEN THIS DOOR" Arin yawned. Jiho felt Arin clinging onto her more then buried her face on Jiho's neck.

 

Jiho bit her lip, that voice is none other than Kim Mihyun. Why would she come this early, ugh, just when I'm enjoying this moment with Arin.

 

"Arin.. I'm gonna let her in." Jiho says softly, so she could move. Arin pulled away and pouted. Jiho chuckled at the cuteness, Arin was still wearing her P.E. clothes from yesterday.

 

Arin told her that they had an activity in the university so she wore her old PE clothes. Jiho could say Arin in short hair and these clothes really made her look like a highschooler, cute. After seconds, Arin had let go of Jiho. Jiho stood up, not wanting to hear her unit neighbors complaining about Mimi being too loud. 

 

"Why are you here this early?" Jiho asks as soon as she slightly opens the door, only her head was peeking through it.

 

Mimi was smiling wide, Jiho realizes Mimi brought Seunghee with her. Why did she only heard Mimi's voice? Seunghee's voice is much higher and louder.

 

"Code B."

 

Ah., Jiho, Mimi, and Seunghee had this coding about their crushes, and B is the code for Seunghee's. That explains why Seunghee was quiet, she may be not in the mood. Mimi tried to push the door but Jiho blocked her which made Mimi knit her right eyebrow.

 

"Ya! Won't you let us in?" Jiho gulped, she heard footsteps behind her, it was Arin for sure. Arin tried peeking and that's when Mimi and Seunghee both pushed the door, leaving Jiho no choice but to let them in.

 

"Arin?? Why.. are you here this early..?" Seunghee asks, looking over at Arin behind Jiho. Jiho felt Arin holding onto the fabric of her shirt behind her.

 

"Ah.." Mimi nodded while grinning. 

 

"Did you two make out?" 

 

"WHAT-" It was Arin and Jiho could feel her ears heating up, because of Arin's high-pitched voice and Mimi's sudden question. 

 

"No- I mean, made up?" Mimi was grinning, teasing. Jiho just laughed it off and took Arin's hand, pulling the shy girl to her side.

 

"Yeah, we talked about everything." 

 

"Well, that's nice. Arin, did Jiho tell you about her stubbornness? And how we had to receive packages from her but none of them were for us?" Seunghee says, Mimi laughed hard.

 

"Yes!! That was so sad, how can you do that to us Jiho?" There was a hint of gloominess in Seunghee's voice earlier but Jiho also notices how she tried to keep it to herself because Arin's here, Arin out of all people.

 

Jiho felt sorry, so she noted to herself that she'd talk to Seunghee later, and it seems like it was Mimi's plan too. For now, they'll accompany Arin first.

 

Arin shyly lowered her head, remembering all the gifts she received. "Uhm.. I'm really sorry you had to experience that." Arin says with a small voice.

 

"It's okay! Atleast we got closer because of that." Mimi says as she comfortably sat on Jiho's couch.

 

Seunghee then threw herself next to Mimi. The two are really enjoying it. Jiho and Arin looked at each other, Jiho saw something in Arin's eyes and it made her smile unknowingly. 

 

"Anyway, lovebirds, we're here because Jiho promised she'll welcome us if we come here, we didn't mean to disturb your alone-time with Arin." Mimi stretched her arms while looking at the two who were standing because Mimi and Seunghee took all the space on the sofa. Jiho didn't mind, she's holding Arin's hand so this is much better.

 

"It's okay, but I also remember I told you that you would have to cook if you guys go here."

 

Jiho picked up Arin's backpack from the floor where they left it last night and made her way towards her room, while pulling Arin with her ofcourse. 

 

"Will you cook for us? We'll just sleep a bit more because we slept late talking." Jiho asks Mimi after she pushed Arin in her room. She looks at the two and smiled when Seunghee mouthed I'm proud of you.

 

Jiho thanked them and excused herself, "Seunghee unnie, I promise we'll talk later." 

 

"Shoo! Go now and we'll cook for the four of us." Ah, I'm so lucky to have them.

 

When Jiho closed the door behind her, she saw Arin looking at the photo next to her bed. It was a framed photo of Arin. The picture she took when Arin was staring at the lake and unknowingly she started owning Jiho's heart. 

 

"You're whipped," Arin says while looking at the photo. Jiho smiled and plopped on her bed, stretching her arms and legs as she enjoys her soft bed, ignoring what Arin said. There's nothing to say, it was an obvious fact. No explanations are needed. 

 

Jiho turned to her side so she could stare at Arin. The girl took the beanie on Jiho's side table and wore it. Not surprisingly, the beanie looked good on Arin. 

 

"Next time, I'm wearing that." Arin giggles as she lay down next to Jiho while pointing at Jiho's shirt.

 

This made Jiho laugh, a soft one, Arin looks extra cute with the messy hair caused by the beanie when Arin leaned her head on the pillow. 

 

"You wanna be like those other couples who share clothes?" Jiho asks, smiling at the thought of them being a couple. Arin nodded quickly, Jiho reached her out to brush some of the messed up strands of Arin's hair off her pretty face.

 

The younger immediately hugged her again, like how she clung to Jiho earlier. Meanwhile, Jiho knows she's getting addicted to Arin's hugs. This is now her second addiction after Arin herself.

 

"Yooa unnie looks cute when she wears Mimi unnie's clothes! and besides.. I wanna wear your clothes because you look cool in them and I want to look cool too." Arin answers her with a soft voice. Jiho hugged her girl, kissing Arin's forehead as she closed her eyes. 

 

"We'll do all of those, but for now, we should rest then I'll walk you home later." Arin nodded, Jiho places an extra pillow behind Arin in case her girl gets tired of hugging her. 


My girl, yes, she's my girl now, right? Hmm.

 

At around 4 PM, Arin got a call from her mom asking when she'll come home. Jiho lend a set of her clothes to Arin, Seunghee and Mimi stayed the whole day. After eating earlier in the afternoon, Mimi and Seunghee proceeded to watch on Jiho's TV, while Jiho and Arin sat on the floor, watching along with them. 

 

"We're gonna wait here and you should be back here at exactly 8 PM, Kim Jiho, we have a lot to talk about. And let Arin rest, greet Yubin for me." Mimi says as she walked the two out of the building. Seunghee stayed back in Jiho's living room.

 

Jiho laughed, "Yes mom, I will. We'll get going now." Mimi waved at them as the two walked off.

 

--

 

"Jiho! It's nice to see you here again!" It was their mom who opened the door for them. Jiho wonders where Yubin is, she's actually looking forward to seeing her and at least talk a bit, but maybe she could later.

 

"Ah yes, I'm sorry, I invited Arin to my place last night and she only had to go home now." Jiho bows at the elder, Arin squeezes her hand before letting go as the girl walked into their house. 

 

"I just walked her home, I gotta go soon. It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Bae!" Jiho glanced at Arin behind Mrs. Bae, smiling at her and signaling that she'll go now.

 

"Come back here next time, will you? I'll cook for you." Their mom smiled while patting Jiho's head. Jiho chuckles, she's welcoming as always.

 

"Yes, auntie, by the way, can we meet some day next week?" Jiho asks when Arin went upstairs. 

 

"Sure! Why not? Take care on your way home, alright?" Jiho nodded and bowed a goodbye. Smiling at her fullest, she already has a plan in mind.

 

 A week after. 

 

Jiho got up early, she planned to dye her hair back into black today before fetching Arin after her class, she texted her friends that she'll meet Arin now. Jiho smiled when she received texts from her friends saying good luck, but Mimi, of course, her usual self called Jiho because oh her 'calling is always better than texting! you can really feel what people tell you and you can check if they're true or not.' motto.

 

"Do your best, Jyo! Remember what we practiced!"

 

Everyone knew what she's planning. She told them about it through the group chat. Yooa, Hyojung, Hyejin, and Seunghee replied to her with support. Yubin at first ignored what she sent but she managed to sort the thing out by setting up a meeting with Seunghee and her the other day. It went well, although a part of Jiho still feels bad for her friends, she's sure that she is sure of Arin. 

 

Jiho saw Arin coming out from the building and Jiho immediately told Mimi she's gonna hung up because Arin's coming. She couldn't help smiling while watching Arin, the girl looks cute hugging her books with those reading glasses and.. her extensions.

 

Arin wore extensions today. Wow. Arin is truly getting prettier each day. Jiho wanted to surprise Arin with her black hair back but it seems like she's the one who got surprised.

 

Back then, Arin used to have long hair but she had bangs and it's her charm. But now, Arin looked like an adult with that pretty face, and her white sweatshirt and blue skirt makes her look like a precious baby. She looks like a pretty and intelligent girlfriend. She looks like a dream come true for Jiho. God, thank you so much. Jiho thanked Mimi for choosing a blue shirt for her today, she had trouble picking out good clothing for today since it's gonna be one of those special dates she'll soon celebrate with Arin.

 

Jiho waved at Arin and the girl hurriedly ran towards her, giving her a tight hug. "I missed you!" Arin pouted when she pulled away,

 

Jiho kisses her cheeks and smiled. "You're liking me too much, we saw each other last Monday."

 

Arin giggled and took Jiho's hand immediately as they looked at her friends behind her. These days, holding each other's hands is like a routine to the both of them whenever they're together. 

 

Doah and Chaekyung greeted Jiho as soon as they reached the couple's position. Jiho nodded and smiled at them, she saw a girl behind them, with that signature crossed arms, it was Byeol. There was tension between them, Jiho remembers Arin being held by this girl the last time they met. Jiho held Arin's hand tighter when Byeol walked towards them.

 

There was an intense staring contest between Byeol and Jiho but in the end, Jiho looked away, turning her gaze to Arin.

 

"Should we go?" She asks and Arin nods. Jiho heard Arin saying goodbyes to her friends. They're about to go when Byeol spoke.

 

"Take care of her. She's a little dumb sometimes." The cold girl spoke with her cold voice. Jiho just smirked and nodded at her.

 

"I will."

 

Jiho took Arin's backpack and pulled Arin with her. Jiho doesn't know if it's a threat or not, but ofcourse she'll take care of Arin. She'll never stop looking after Arin. 

 

"Arin.. Don't you think that Byeol girl likes you?" Jiho asks while watching the girl beside her.

 

They're at Hyojung and Hyejin's cafe, the two were happy to see them together earlier so they got a free one-time order. Arin was studying for the exams next week but Jiho asked her out and so Arin decided to study while they're on a date. Jiho told Arin to bring her book too so she wouldn't waste her time. Multi-tasking it is. 

 

Arin looked at her, tapping the tip of her pencil on her chin.

 

"She likes me..? That's new, I didn't think about it. Was I too occupied with you?" The sudden boldness caught Jiho blushing. Arin giggled at her then went back to studying. Maybe Jiho was just guessing. 

 

Jiho remained silent, why would she be worried, right? 

 

"Are you jealous?" Arin asks, teasing her as she pinches Jiho's cheek. Jiho stared at Arin, am I jealous?

 

"Yes, I feel like she doesn't want me around you." Jiho's answer was sharp, Arin smiled; she's still the same, Jiho was always straightforward.

 

"But I'm not meaning to ask you to avoid her or anything. I just want you to know what I think, if I'm wrong then that's better. She seems to be a good friend anyway." Jiho says as she tucks Arin's hair behind her ear, the glasses really looked good on her.

 

Jiho can't help but take her eyes off Arin because she might not be able to stop herself from kissing Arin right here. This isn't the time to be a fool, Jiho, save it for later.

 

Hyojung delivered their order, Jiho saw a sticky note on Arin's cheesecake order. There was a 'Have fun on your date!' note on it, Arin giggled when she saw it and thanked Hyojung. 

 

Hyojung gave Jiho a look before going back to the counter. Sigh, I'm getting nervous all of sudden. 

 

The time would come soon. And it came when an old stylish woman pushed the cafe's door open. Calm down Jiho, just do what your heart wants. Jiho recalls all that she practiced the past nights and every advice that Mimi gave her. 

 

"Mom? Why are you here?" Arin stood up, hugging her mom when she approached the two.

 

Jiho waited for her turn while looking around the cafe, there were just a good number of customers that day. It'll be fine, Jiho. Every inlove person would do what you're gonna do. 

 

"Jiho asked to meet me here, I didn't know you're here as well." Mrs. Bae starts as she sat across Jiho and Arin. Jiho felt Arin's gaze on her, she must be clueless. 

 

"I.. uh.. I wanna talk to you about something." Jiho spoke, her voice cracked out of nervousness, but Arin held her hand. It's amazing how Arin could sense her nervousness. This made Jiho calm down.. a bit. She's about to start talking again when the mother cuts her off.

 

"Jiho.. I know you already knew that Arin is my child from another man." That's true, Yubin and Arin have different fathers. Jiho gulped, why is she suddenly bringing it up?

 

"Yubin's father left me after seeing other girls, and then I only started loving a partner again when Arin's dad came. Loving is hard, Jiho. It takes time, patience, and most of all, trust." Jiho nodded, she must've sensed what I was about to do. Arin on her side was just listening while playing with her right hand.

 

''I love your daughter, Mrs. Bae." Jiho blurted out, these words are fragile and Jiho felt a strong urge to say it out loud as if it's the biggest moment of her life; Declaring her love to Arin in front of her mom.

 

This is a big step, she had been thinking about this for so long. Arin was in complete silence, Jiho looked at her and smiled. Arin may be silent but her face was so red, and Jiho could tell that she's happy. They're both happy right now. 

 

She looked back on the smiling mother, "I know it'll be Arin who I'd want to share the next years of my life with. I want to commit to Arin. We're still young and so I want to grow old with Arin. I want you to be the first person to hear how much I admire her. I want you to know that I'm in love with your daughter and she makes me feel so many things, I want to take care of her and never leave her side. I want-" Jiho paused when she was just about to ask for Arin's mom's trust. 

 

"I trust you, Jiho." Her mom reached out to pat Jiho's hand. "You're like a child to me, I know you're a good person and it's very romantic and cute to see you talking to me about this, in the presence of my daughter." Jiho was so thankful, it went well.

 

Now to the next part, Jiho faced Arin, who's on the verge of confusion, Jiho could say Arin's a bit nervous, is it because of me? Jiho smiled at her assuringly as she brought Arin's hand close to her chin and kissed Arin's knuckles.

 

"Forever can never be long enough for me, I feel like I've had long enough with you. Let's forget the world now that the weight has lifted. Love has surely shifted my way, and it's you who I've been sharing these feelings with, Arin. Will you be my partner, my fiancée, and marry me soon when we're ready, but be with me today and every day?"

 

Jiho's heart is on a rollercoaster as she says those words. While Arin had teared up slowly while giggling and nodding. Jiho is such a sweetheart, Arin never expected anything like this, she just wanted Jiho. But this is Jiho. And she's just too lucky to have a Jiho. 

 

"Yes?" Jiho asks, smiling wide, and when Arin nodded again, she hugged her so tight. They heard people clapping in the cafe, and it's when Jiho realized they're not alone. Wow, she thought it's an exaggeration when she heard about the "when you're in love, you forget about the world". But just like what she said earlier, love surely shifted her way. Arin leaned on her shoulder as they looked at Mrs. Bae holding a phone to take a picture of them. It wasn't like they just got married but this is like a declaration of their love and commitment to each other. This is really a big special day. 

 

After they took a photo, the girls came out of the cafe's office holding a cake, while singing congratulations!. Yubin hugged her sister as soon as they met eyes.

 

"I'm so proud of you, don't mess up your career for her, okay?" Arin chuckled and nodded. Jiho didn't get to hear that but Arin knows Jiho would rather be a motivation and inspiration to her, than a distraction. 

 

Meanwhile, Mimi was late and the others have been eating a lot already. Arin's mom ordered a lot of food since they've gathered here. 

 

"Jiho? Is that a verbal typo or have you forgotten how to say the word 'girlfriend'? We practiced for a girlfriend proposal, not a fiancée proposal!" Mimi says softly but with a hint of worry in her voice when she sat next to Jiho who was busy eating a cake.

 

"I want her to be my fiancée. It's not like we're gonna be married tomorrow or something. I don't wanna let go of her anymore." Jiho smiled as she watched Arin talking to Seunghee and Hyejin. 

 

"Yes I know, but Jiho, there's a much heavier responsibility with what you just did and what you wanted and now, you have it." Mimi tapped on the table, giving emphasis on the word 'responsibility'. Jiho knows Mimi was just worried about her but she's okay, she's truly fine and she knows she's happy. She can do this.

 

"I know.. I've thought of all of those all night. And for Arin, no- with Arin, this is what I want." Jiho patted Mimi's hand on the table, smiling at her. Arin then called Jiho asking to take a photo of her with Hyejin, Mimi just sighed.

 

"She grew up, she's an adult now..." Mimi says when Yooa sat next to her, kissing her cheek. She apologized to Yooa for not approaching her first when she got here, Mimi was too shocked to hear what Jiho did. 

 

"She is and you should too," Yooa says while Mimi pouted. 

 

"I've matured already" 

 

"Nope."

 

END.