Mean It

OMW 1: Over You

thank you mimbora for the story cover ♡

 

JIHO.

 

Jiho met Arin at 19.

 

The girl is a year younger than her. Their first meeting was casual, her classmate - Yubin is Arin's sister and their friendly circle decided to go on a trip to Yubin's province. Even though she's been friends with Yubin, that day was the first time Jiho met Arin in person.

 

Jiho brought her camera, her original plan was to take pictures of every amazing view from the mountainside to the landscapes but she ended up sneaking to take pictures of Arin.. which she found more interesting than nature. The girl is a goddess, looking so pure and innocent. Cringe, I know. But it's true. Those eyes, it's like Jiho's heart runs on a race track every time she sees them. That feeling is still vivid in Jiho's memories. She thought she had forgotten, but Arin managed to bring it back. 

 

"Uhm.." Jiho looked up at the girl in front of her. . It's Arin. 

 

Jiho was busy checking all the pictures she took earlier that she didn't notice Arin coming. They stopped at a convenience store by the wide road where the lake could be seen.

 

Anyway, why is Jiho feeling nervous all of the sudden? Sure, she took pictures of the lake.. with Arin on it. Maybe that's why she was kinda flustered when the girl approached her. Arin wouldn't report Jiho to the police for stealing pictures of her right..?

 

"I noticed you were taking pictures earlier, would you mind if I ask for copies..? I-I want to post it on my sns later.." Arin was blushing, she looks so shy and couldn't even look at Jiho in the eye.

 

Was she always this shy? Jiho thought, she flashed a smile as she nodded.

 

"Alright then, I'll share them with you later." Although deep inside, she's thinking of how to save herself. She can't move the pictures to her phone since she didn't bring her laptop with her. Ugh, I don't wanna delete her photos. 

 

"Really? Thank you!" The look on Arin's face was fascinating. Her blissful expressions were perfect enough to make Jiho's heart swell. Jiho envied her, she seems to appreciate small things like this. Other than that, Jiho finds herself being amused by every smile Arin showed that day. 

 

Never mind, she'll worry about the pictures later. They're worth keeping so she shouldn't worry.

 

It was already dark when they reached Yubin's family villa, the group organized their personal stuff and Yubin prepared the room they'll be staying in. They had dinner, it was one of the most memorable dinners for Jiho.

 

She's eating with her friends while talking about random stuff, laughing, sharing stories and new memories together. This is something Jiho has been wishing for years. She hopes she wouldn't lose them, damn. Why am I so sentimental? I shouldn't be feeling down right now.

 

--

 

The others were already sleeping but Jiho can't. Sleeping next to Seunghee was a bad idea. Jiho pulled her pillow off Seunghee's arms and stood up. After minutes of patience, she finally decided to leave the room and stay on the balcony to get some fresh air. 

 

It was quiet, there were only the dark blue open nightsky and the millions of stars shining above the world. Jiho stared at them, as the wide skies made her swim on deeper thoughts, about everything. She hates when she thinks about this-- everything. Somehow, the touch of wind by that night comforted Jiho in her thoughts. She wasn't like this. She isn't supposed to be this stressed and anxious over everything she gets; like her friends.

 

"Can't sleep?"

 

Jiho was caught off-guard when a voice came close. It was Arin. Jiho knew the girl has been in her mind throughout the whole day but she just didn't bother making it a big deal because it won't do good for Arin.

 

And.. she's Yubin's sister for pete's sake, she's a potential friend and Jiho wouldn't want to break her friendship with Yubin if something really happens between her and Arin. Wow. I got this far thinking about Arin. We aren't even talking that much. Jiho please behave yourself. 

 

Jiho coughed a bit before answering "Yeah," not really wanting to start any conversation with her. At least not at this time, this moment.

 

Jiho was very sensitive with every interaction she has with someone who gave her butterflies in her stomach effortlessly. So far, only one person made her feel that way, it's Arin. 

 

She had so many things to think about, family stuff, her friends that she might lose too. She can't entertain another one.

 

"You're so hard to impress..." Arin muttered as she sat next to Jiho, hugging her pillow as well.

 

The two stayed silent. Only the sound of crickets and cold wind could be heard. Jiho though, is battling whether she'll carry up a conversation or not. Fine, I'm giving in. It's not like Arin's presence was giving her other options. She lost track of how anxious she was, she wants to talk to the girl. She wants to, now. 

 

"Were you trying to impress me?" Jiho chuckled, liking how Arin's face turned red when she asked. 

 

"I am.." The girl shyly answered, looking at anything but not at Jiho. Arin, suddenly getting interested in the crickets.

 

Jiho on the other hand took it in a nice way and moved closer to Arin. "Good thing you joined us on this trip," Jiho says, her eyes fixed on Arin. She saw how Arin hugged the pillow tighter.

 

"Actually, I didn't want to come, but my parents want me to spend more time with other people." The girl answered and Jiho nodded. 

 

Maybe she's an introvert like me? What- Am I even an introvert? She then looked away, scared that Arin might find her glances uncomfortable.

 

Another silence, an awkward silence.

 

"I thought it would be boring since this villa is far from the neighborhood in this province but I find it fun." A smile grew from Arin's lips. "..And I heard you're coming too." This time, Jiho looked at Arin, scanning the emotion on her face. What does she mean by that? 

 

"Yeah..? Did Yubin talk about me?" Jiho asks, looking for answers in Arin's eyes although the girl isn't looking at her. Arin shook her head.

 

"Yes, but I've seen you a lot in school." 

 

"How come you saw me, we have different schedules?" Jiho had that grin on her face, which Arin finds annoyingly amusing.

 

"Don't grin like that!" Arin pouted and shifted away from a little but Jiho sat closer to her again.

 

"What-? I'm just stating the facts!" Jiho was laughing, she caught Arin off-guard. 

 

Jiho saw Arin smiling again. This girl sure loves to smile a lot. Really amusing. 

 

"So, aren't you going to defend your statements earlier?" Jiho says when she has calmed down but the smirk is still evident on her face.

 

"I won't!" Arin rolled her eyes, following Jiho's teasing. The night is getting deeper but they're still wide awake.

 

"Do you want to stroll around?" Arin asks, still shy as Jiho noticed.

 

"Where?" Jiho saw Arin standing up, preparing to go, so then she followed. Jiho left her pillow where she was sitting but Arin looks like she was bringing hers. cute

 

The villa is quite huge so they could really have some walk.

 

"When we were kids, we used to stay here every summer." Jiho and Arin were walking next to each other. Arin was hugging her pillow while Jiho is silently listening to Arin's stories. 

 

Arin stopped by the swimming pool, and so is Jiho. "There was one time when I really want to go swimming but Yubin unnie said I need to try eating chicken first. I was scared of eating chickens because we used to have chicken pets.. It's like I'm eating them so it scared me a lot." 

 

"Chicken.. as pets? Wow" Hilarious, who would keep chickens as pets? 

 

"Yes!" Arin pouted, "But when we came back the next year, they're gone. Maybe grandpa ate them already.."

 

A soft chuckle left Jiho's lips, "If you weren't this cute, I might just think of it as a joke." 

 

Arin was blushing, was she embarrassed? 

 

"Hey, it's okay, I'm sure the chickens miss you too." She says, adding more comfort to her voice as she could.

 

"Aah~ Stop that! I don't miss them anymore okay.." Jiho nodded but couldn't stop smiling at how cute the girl is right now.

 

"Fine, I'll stop." Jiho raises her hands in defeat but still has trouble with her inner thoughts laughing.

 

Another silence, a comfortable silence.

 

"Will we be closer starting now?" Jiho looked at the girl asking, what does she mean by that? 

 

"Sure, you're not that far from me anyway." 

 

The rest of the night continued with comfortable talks. Although Jiho doesn't know how they got this comfortable with each other. 

 

--

 

The next morning, Jiho woke up to a loud chattering from the living room. She sat up and noticed that she's the only one left in the room. She lightly massaged her head as she walk downstairs.

 

"I'm sure I heard Jiho laughing last night though!"

 

Just like how she guessed, it was Seunghee. Seunghee, Arin, Mimi, Hyejin, and Yooa are in the living room. Mimi and Yooa are sitting next to each other, Mimi resting her head on Yooa's lap while they're on the floor, listening to Seunghee's story. Seunghee was on the couch with Hyejin and Arin. Hyejin was holding a mug of coffee, as Jiho could smell the scent of coffee.

 

Meanwhile, Arin was just quietly listening to Seunghee.

 

"I'm sure you were a bad bedmate," Jiho speaks, getting all the attention to herself.

 

"Yah! I could be the best roommate you know!" Seunghee crossed her arms while defending herself. Jiho could just chuckle. 

 

"Where's Yubin.. and Hyojung unnie?" Jiho asks, looking around after she counted the girls in the living room.

 

"They're preparing for lunch" Hyejin answered and pulled Seunghee back on the couch when the girl was about to stand up.

 

"What?? I'm gonna join them in the kitchen!!" Seunghee answered, pursing her lips. 

 

"Seung, you're so high in the morning," Mimi says, playing with Yooa's hand while the latter is brushing Mimi's hair. 

 

"Mimi, you should come with me and cook with them!" Seunghee finally got out of Hyejin's hold and pulled Mimi from the floor.

 

"Nooooooo! Shiaaah, she's taking me!!" Mimi was holding on Yooa's hand but the latter just chuckled and shoo-ed her away.

 

Jiho smiled while watching the girls but a laugh from Arin caught her attention. The girl was laughing hard while watching her unnies. Jiho suddenly remembered what happened last night, Arin was good company.. and Jiho got herself deeply interested in her. 

 

"Jiho, aren't you coming?" Seunghee asks, looking at her. This made Arin shift her attention to Jiho. 

 

Jiho and Arin were literally staring at each other now. The girl just smiled at her though, a smile of comfort. Jiho couldn't help but smile back before she stepped out of the living room with Mimi and Seunghee.

 

"What was that huh?" Seunghee had that teasing face, "I knew I heard you laughing last night! Aha!" 

 

"Shut up"

 

--

 

They're on their way back home now. Mimi was driving the van which was her uncle's while Yooa was seated in the passenger seat. Seunghee, Hyejin, and Hyojung sat in the middle while Jiho joined the siblings on the back. 

 

Arin was sitting between Yubin and Jiho. Yubin already is fast-asleep ten minutes after they got on the van. 

 

After Jiho got tired of scrolling through her phone, she decided to open her camera and check all the pictures she took. 

 

"You take pictures well, give me a copy!" Jiho glanced at the owner of the voice. 

 

"I kind of like it.. and yes I'll send them to you." She smiles and took Arin's hand, pulling her closer, excited to show the pictures she took earlier. Jiho was busy showing the pictures to Arin that she forgot Arin's pictures from the other day. 

 

"Wait- Is that me?" Arin looked closer and Jiho knew she would be messing up. How can I totally forget about the pictures?

 

"U-uh... I just.. happened.. to click it when you were there." 

 

"Ahh," Jiho scanned Arin's face, her reaction was confused but the girl smiled. "It looks nice though! I love them!" Arin giggled while browsing the pictures. 

 

Why do I feel like drowning into your side? 

 

"Wow, you can be a professional photographer!" 

 

Please don't make my heart race.

 

"Make me your muse if you'll pursue photography, okay? I'm volunteering." 

 

Her smile.

 

Her giggles.

 

I'm scared.

 

--

 

It's been three weeks since the trip. They're back at the university now. Jiho is currently third-wheeling Yooa and Mimi. She was running late so she asked Mimi to fetch her but it turns out that Yooa was with her former roommate.

 

Mimi was Jiho's roommate for a year, but weeks ago, her grandparents found a place in the city so she decided to stay with them. Their family is trying to reconnect with their relatives from abroad. It's something Jiho doesn't want to get herself into, but she might, soon. 

 

Anyway, Mimi and Yooa are both staying at the dormitories near the university so Jiho really appreciates that they even came to pick her up. The weird thing is that.. Why is Yooa with them? Jiho remembers that Yooa only has afternoon classes every Monday. 

 

"Yooa unnie.. where were you last night?" Jiho glanced at Yooa through the mirror of the car, they're currently in Mimi's car.

 

"U-uh.. where else should she be? Of course, home!" Mimi was the one who answered. These two oh god.

 

Yooa was looking away, while Mimi was acting strange. Jiho's guess was right then.

 

"Just make sure you use protection" Jiho chuckled a little at first but then starts laughing when Mimi suddenly pulled over to the side of the road. 

 

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!!"

 

--

 

"Oh my god, Jiho what happened to your cheek?"

 

Jiho was busy massaging her right cheek where Mimi pinched hard as in hard earlier when Arin came to running towards her. She took note to never mention the word protection to Mimi ever again.

 

"It's nothing, Mimi just pinched me earlier. But don't worry, Yooa unnie would take care of her for me," Jiho smiled, but Arin still looked so worried.

 

The girl was brushing her thumb against Jiho's cheek. Again, Jiho is very sensitive with her interactions with Arin so she pulled away and lets Arin sit next to her. 

 

"Hey, don't worry, I'm fine, really" 

 

"How could I not worry? I saw my friend's cheek like- like that! Ugh, I'll pinch Mimi unnie for you!" 

 

Friend. Yes, that's how they are now. Friends, close friends. For three weeks, they've been meeting in the same spot in the school, the rooftop. Mimi was the one who suggested it to her, the older girl even told her that the rooftop is occupied every MWFs at around 1-7 PM, saying it was hers and Yooa's.

 

There was even a time that Arin told Jiho she saw Mimi and Yooa eating ice cream at the rooftop that one Tuesday. The night after Arin told her that, Jiho called Mimi to remind her of their agreement. Apparently, the two once roommates have become bestfriends now and are both dealing with the possible love of their lives.

 

"Yes, but you're also aware that I'm strong, right? Look! I'm good, really." She smiled even though it stings a little on her cheek. Arin only glared at her.

 

"Brush off that worried face please, or else I'll kiss you," Jiho said jokingly.

 

And jokes are half-meant.

 

She was expecting that Arin would hit her like she always does but the girl remained silent.

 

"Wait, are you blushing?" Jiho teased, "My cheek is so red but I have my reasons. What about you, Yewon?"

 

Yewon was Arin's birthname and Jiho likes calling her Yewon when she's teasing her.

 

"Shut up! Don't tease Mimi unnie next time and don't get in any trouble, okay?"

 

Jiho grinned, "Okay mom."

 

"I'm not your mom!" Arin crossed her arms, pouting.

 

"Then, are you my girlfriend?" Annoyed, Arin pinched Jiho's swollen cheek again.

 

"OUCH! THAT HURTS ALREADY" Jiho was literally screaming from pain but still, she couldn't help laughing at Arin's reaction.

 

"I hate you and I'm leaving," Arin says shortly before actually leaving. 

 

"Hey, I was just teasing you!" Jiho tried calling her but the girl vanished from her sight already. Is she mad for real?

 

--

 

"What is this?" Jiho asks when Yubin gave her an ice pack.

 

"For your ugly cheek, Arin told me to give it to you."

 

She wasn't mad. Jiho smiled, Arin is too cute. How can she not think about her all day?

 

"You like her," Yubin muttered while taking down notes. They're in a class right now but Jiho couldn't focus because of her cheek.

 

"I know you do, you can't hide it from me" Yubin spoke again that made Jiho sigh deeply while gently patting her cheek using the ice pack.

 

She remained silent because she knows Yubin doesn't like it when she lies. She knows she tried her best to contain her excitement when Arin started texting her. She knows she'd been trying her best to not reply back the moment her phone notifies her about Arin's messages. Jiho knows she wanted to ignore Arin when the girl asked her to eat snacks with her. Jiho knows all of her initial decisions about Arin, but in the end, she also knows she's falling for the girl and she can't help but stay by the girl's side especially when Arin calls for her.

 

"Will you be okay though? I'm sure Arin's a good person but have you moved on from what happened before? Will you be okay?" This time, Yubin stopped writing and stared back at Jiho. It's that look someone gets when that someone tries to do something that could hurt another person.

 

"I'm okay. But you don't have to worry about me and your sister, we're just friends, I'm just a friend to her." Jiho insisted, she leaned back on her chair and tried to avoid Yubin's gaze.

 

"I just don't want the two of you to end up hurting each other," Yubin says as she goes back to her notes. 

 

Jiho stared onto nothing, thinking about what was currently happening. She wouldn't want to lose Arin, like how she lost her parents 2 years ago. The girl seems to be considering her as a close friend. Sure, sometimes there's subtle flirting, but that was only Jiho's one-sided teasing. 

 

Arin was just treating her as a friend but Jiho knows soon she can't stay that way,

 

and that's where it gets complicated.

 

--

 

Arin was finishing her homework so she stayed in their classroom. There were almost no students in the building, most have gone home. 

 

"You don't have to be too serious in answering that, I know you want to rip that paper into pieces" Jiho teased, Arin was too quiet and focused on her homework while Jiho was sitting next to her, impatiently watching Arin do the homework.

 

"Just go hoooome, you've been dismissed hours ago, why are you still here?" Arin asks, tucking her hair behind her ear as she continued with her work.

 

Jiho was only staring at her the whole time. (1) Because Arin didn't like it when she does that and she likes it when Arin gets annoyed. and, (2) Because Arin is so pretty. (3) She wants to get Arin's attention. She's so cute.

 

"Does your cheek still hurts?" Arin asks but her eyes were fixed on her notebook. 

 

Jiho leaned her jaw on her arm as she stares at the other girl. "Nope. I'm good, it's been a week okay, don't worry".

 

Now, only the sound from the outdoor can be heard, Jiho's having the time of her life, staring at her 'friend'.

 

"Stop staring! I'll punch you."

 

"I'll bite you!" Jiho grinned and bit Arin on her arm, just lightly to . 

 

"YAA!! KIM JIHO" 

 

"Isn't Jiho supposed to be at home by now? Why is she running in that building?" Hyejin asks Hyojung. The two were walking past by the neighboring building across the ones where the younger duo is. 

 

"Arin was running after her. Don't mind these kids, let's go" Hyojung patted Hyejin's shoulder. 

 

--

 

"What do you think about these?"

 

Arin showed her two pajamas. One was pink and one was light blue. Jiho picked the blue one, they're currently picking a gift for Yubin. Arin said she's having a hard time deciding which one should she buy for Yubin because she likes both of them so here's Jiho to pick.

 

"I mean, don't you sisters share clothes?" Jiho was pushing a cart and was just following the girl who was busy checking out the other items. 

 

"We do, but it's still a gift!" Arin gave her a stop-ruining-my-plan look. These days, Jiho gets a variety of looks from Arin, she wonders when she'll get an I-like-you look. Nevermind.

 

Jiho just smiled, "Yeah, sure, although I know you'll be using that soon as well" 

 

She received a hit on the shoulder from Arin. "Why do you keep hitting me?" Arin furrowed her eyebrows, lips pouted at Jiho.

 

This girl really.. 

 

"Be thankful, I don't hit you back" She joked once again, like all of the witty responses she gives when she enjoys being with Arin.

 

"Why would you even hit me back?" Arin looked at her with a pout. Stop.

 

"Do you want me to hit on you instead?" Jiho flashed a grin, which made Arin turn around and leave her. She heard Arin cursing her name as the girl walked away, which left her laughing.

 

"HEY WAIT UP!" 

 

After shopping, Arin was hungry so they went to the McDonald's on the first floor. Since it was Arin's request, Jiho had no choice but to treat the girl although it really was her plan after all.

 

"Here's your order, ma'am." Jiho placed the tray on the table and set the orders in front of her hungry friend. 

 

"Waaah, thank you!" Arin's eyes were sparkling, Jiho hoped she was food so Arin would look at her like that. Oh, that sounded wrong.. What am I even thinking?

 

"Eat up and stuff that little stomach." She says and took her burger. The two were just talking about random stuff, how Jiho and Yubin met, and the other stories that Arin heard from her sister.

 

"Didn't know you'd skip classes for this, Miss Kim." A voice entered, it was Yooa with a guy who looks familiar to Jiho. The guy has his arm resting on Yooa's shoulder. Who is this? 

 

"Yooa unnie! Ahaha.. Have you eaten..? Arin and I were just starting to eat."

 

Yooa shook her head. "No, I'm not that hungry, I just happened to see you guys here. Arin-ah, tell Yubin to take her books from my dorm this weekend okay?" Arin who was busy eating just nodded with that eye smile which makes Jiho's heart burst. You're too cute, stop.

 

"Anyway, we'll go now. Have fun on your date!" 

 

"Yes, we will!" Jiho waved her hand as the pair vanishes from their sight.

 

Once they're gone, Jiho picks up a piece of fries and tried to remember who was that guy with Yooa. It was useless though, she couldn't think of anyone. Their group rarely hang out with guys, they're already fine by themselves, eight of them.

 

"Did Mimi and Yooa break up..?" Jiho silently asks herself. 

 

"Whether they broke up or not, you should be thinking of your own problems," Arin exclaimed, with that slightly annoyed face. What did I do now?

 

"Why are you mad again, princess bubblegum?" Jiho couldn't help but chuckle, she really likes every face that Arin makes, much more when her smiles were for her. 

 

Arin's angry face turned into a shy one. "I mean.. why would you skip class? For this?" 

 

Ah.. 

 

"It's just a day, don't worry about it.. and I just really want to spend a day off from school," Jiho answered, earning a flick from Arin.

 

"You should study well! Your grandparents are working hard for your studies." Arin is always like this, Jiho felt like she earned another mom. But.. Arin was different because Jiho is clearly catching feelings with every move that Arin makes.

 

--

 

Jiho looked at the wall clock of Arin and Yubin's room. It's almost 9 PM, Yubin invited her over because it was their parents' wedding anniversary.

 

Yubin and Arin's room was big because there were two of them. Jiho has been visiting Yubin's house before but Arin was always either sleeping or has a class. This was the first time she's been in their room. 

 

Jiho was sitting on Yubin's bed while Arin on the other hand is doing her homework on her own bed. The older of the siblings excused herself earlier because their mom asked for help in the kitchen.

 

"Why are you always studying?" Jiho asks, as if innocent. It's been months since they first met, they've really gotten much closer, plus the fact that they talk to each other 24/7.

 

Arin looked up at her, her reading glasses slightly coming loose on her nose. "I don't really want to do this but I have no choice, Yubin unnie is really good with her studies and I don't wanna be compared." The girl pouted a little before going back to her homework.

 

It was true though, Yubin is a top student. If Jiho were Arin, she'd do the same. Jiho watches as Arin tried to push her hair away, seems like her hair is bothering her.

 

"Come here, I'll tie your hair for you," Jiho says and takes her hair tie off from her wrist. Arin got off her bed and sat on Yubin's bed, Jiho then went behind Arin and carefully tied Arin's hair in a ponytail.

 

Arin was quiet, while Jiho was focused on Arin's hair, her attention went from her hair to Arin's skin. She wonders how this girl could be so attractive. Sure, Yubin is pretty as well but something about Arin is too... charming. It's like something about Arin makes Jiho keep the girl next to her so others wouldn't develop feelings towards Arin. 

 

Jiho knew this is getting worse, she's falling, her admiration towards Arin is getting deeper and it makes her feel sick. 

 

"D-done" Jiho coughed, to cover her stutter. She couldn't see Arin's expression but she heard Arin saying thank you. 

 

Arin stood up and Jiho went back to her former position, her mind is messed up right now. Why is it so hot here.. She couldn't even look at Arin, she tried to calm herself first before finally raising her head up. And there she saw, Arin was still standing infront of her, looking down at the ground while staring at her hands.

 

"What is it..?" Jiho asks, taking Arin's hands because the girl looks so bothered. Jiho gently pulled Arin, and that's when she got her attention. The same pair of eyes that sparkled better than stars had a different vibe today. Arin seemed occupied.

 

"I feel weird, Jiho.." 

 

"Weird? Why.?" Jiho was confused, she looked at Arin in the eyes and they were sad.. and scared. Why? 

 

"I'm here.. Arin. What's going on?" The girl didn't answer, she was just looking at Jiho.

 

At that moment, silence dominated the room, the two have been staring at each other, as if they were talking through their eyes. There was tension between them. Jiho swallowed into nothing, she's getting lost in Arin's eyes. She doesn't know if she could move, because if she does, she knows she could mess up.

 

But Arin held onto her hands tight. There was a message, and Jiho couldn't understand what it meant. Something is making their hearts heavy, and all Jiho could do this about is that-- Arin is too close to her, and they're alone in this room. She wants to kiss her. 

 

It took a lot of courage as Jiho threw her pride away, though still unsure of what was in Arin's head at that moment. She pulled her, close and carefully, and it seemed like Arin wanted it to happen too. 

 

It was breathtaking.. but when Arin followed her movements and soon, the girl was sitting on her lap. She felt like she had nothing to worry about-- 

 

Jiho kissed her.

 

Jiho is kissing the girl on her lap.

 

Jiho is kissing the girl who treats her as a close friend, who has been taking care of her for months, the girl she's been admiring for months. Jiho's right hand was holding Arin's waist, while her other hand is on the bed, supporting their weight, making sure Arin would feel safe and not uncomfortable. 

 

The tension was cleared, there was a desire building up, it's like the two of them has been waiting for this moment. Jiho felt like all of her worries were freed by how Arin kissed her back. Something was going on between them, but Jiho wasn't sure of Arin's side. This made her heartburn, it made her want Arin so much. She badly wants Arin to know how she feels towards her. How her whole body flutters when Arin smiles at her. She wants Arin to know that she's in love with her. She hoped this kiss was enough. 

 

"Jihoyahh, Arin, food's ready!"

 

Arin pulled away so quickly, in instant, her hands were on Jiho's shoulders. There was a knock on the door, it was Yubin. The room wasn't locked, it was pure luck that Arin's sister was in a rush and didn't bother opening the door. 

 

They panicked, of course. Jiho's teeth sunk on her lower lips as she stared at Arin's face above her. God, what have I done..

 

"Sorry." Arin stood up, Jiho felt empty when the girl pulled away, and she had no choice but to follow the girl downstairs since her friend and their mom are also waiting for them.

 

Thankfully, the dinner wasn't as silent as Jiho expected. Their mom was a chatter. She asks Jiho about the school, her grandparents, and stuff. At this rate, Jiho could divert her attention away from the girl across her.

 

"Yubin keeps talking about you and your other friends. You girls are like her everyday topic." Yubin was chuckling at how her mom keeps boasting about the things Yubin told her. 

 

"Ah.. As long as they're good stuff, then I'm fine with it!" Jiho smiles, "Your cooking is really good, auntie. Why don't you open a restaurant?" 

 

"Arin already told me about that, do you think it will be successful, hm?" Jiho nodded immediately, taking a glance at Arin but the girl is just eating, unbothered to give a reaction. Was it wrong to kiss her..? Should I apologize later?

 

"Yes ofcourse!" Yubin told their mom that it would be successful if she would start doing it instead of asking every visitor they get. The rest of the talk is just Yubin and her mom talking about business.

 

"Anyway, Jiho, do you have a boyfriend? or a girlfriend?" One nice thing about Yubin and Arin's mom is that, she's open with things like this. Unlike most parents, their mom isn't homophobic.

 

"Ahh.. no auntie. I don't really have time for that" Jiho answers casually.

 

"Hmm.. I see, our Yubin here told me that she wasn't interested either. Was it true?" Their mom was teasing Yubin, Jiho chuckles before nodding.

 

"Yes, auntie. I don't really know if Yubin could get a lover at this rate." 

 

"I'm done," Arin says as she stood up, bowing at her mom. Yubin looked at Jiho, they exchanged looks. Why is Yubin looking at me like that.. does she know something? 

 

"Arin's awfully quiet today, it is because of her exams?" Their mom asks. Meanwhile, Jiho finishes her food immediately, 

 

"Are you done already, Jiho? We have more food." Jiho thanks her with respect, telling them that she'll just call her grandma.

 

After minutes of convincing Yubin's mom that she's already good with the food, she finally got to follow Arin. 

 

When she opened the door to their room, Arin was sitting on her bed, reading a textbook. Did she finish her homework already?

 

"You free for a talk?"

 

Jiho's voice was low, she was measuring the tension that could grow again, if ever. The girl looked at her, Jiho scanned the look in her eyes, they were unreadable. What do you want to happen to us, Arin? That's what she wanted to ask. 

 

Jiho sat on the edge of Arin's bed, across from the other girl. "About earlier..."

 

Arin placed the textbook down on her lap, positioned as she's now focused on what Jiho was about to say. But Jiho on the other hand isn't ready.. she doesn't know what to say, for real. It's like her mind has gone mad, she's lost in words.

 

"I.. was just worried because you looked so troubled."

 

"So you kissed me?" Arin's voice was trembling, if Jiho wasn't looking at Arin, she would think that the girl is mad, with that tone in her voice. But there was only confusion in Arin's voice. Jiho knows she'll mess this up if she says the wrong words.

 

But what are the right words..?

 

"It's okay. Don't say anything anymore. I rather not hear it.." Arin mumbled, turning her back from Jiho. Is she serious? 

 

Earlier, in this room, there was tension between them, Jiho thought they were becoming something. But, it looks like it's not the case. I ed up, I messed up. Is this the end?