001

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lights were flashing. Music was booming. Glass cups were clinking. It was their usual night out at the club. It was a rough week of work, and all these men wanted, was to drink away and not worry about work. They were sprawled around the booth, chatting and sipping their drinks. The bitter taste accompanied by the burning sensation of whiskey, signalled that it was time to let loose and enjoy the weekend. 

"Honestly guys, she's amazing. She's beautiful. She's smart. She's PERFECT! I think she's the one." Taeyong exclaimed, while spilling half his drink out from excitement.

The rest of the crew laughed and shook their head. Was this really their friend, Taeyong? The one who would whisk any girl off the dance floor for a quick hook up. Was he getting ahead of himself? 

"Wow, are you a changed man? Are you leaving our pack? " Jaehyun said amusingly. 

Jaehyun and Taeyong were friends since high school. They clicked the moment Jaehyun joined the basketball team, and they have been friends ever since. Even as they grew up, they helped each other in college as well as their jobs. They were very similar. From the way they thought, to the way they hooked up and flirted with girls every time they went clubbing. 

"Jaehyun-ah, I haven't left the pack. I'm still making out with a girl, but this time it's only one girl. Look, I still went clubbing with you guys. I'm still drinking." He held up his empty cup, and shook it. "Nothing much has changed, besides the fact that I'm a faithful man." He continued with a grin. 

"Alright Taeyong. I'm happy for you and I support you. Can't wait to meet this girlfriend of your's" The younger male placed a hand on the older male's shoulder. 

Jaehyun was honestly so happy for Taeyong. He has hardly seen the older male wear this type of expression - the expression of true happiness. The last time Jaehyun saw this expression was when they both received their offers for their current jobs. Despite this happiness, Jaehyun was somewhat scared for Taeyong. This side of Taeyong - the one who voiced his emotions and heart, was vulnerable. He was open to love, which meant that he was also open to hurt that entails in love. He hoped that his friend would come out of this love, flourished and unscathed. 

"Surprise! You will be meeting her tonight, and a few of her friends" Taeyong meekly smiled. He should've told his friends beforehand but what fun would that be.

 

 

-    -    -    -   

 

 

Placing the scrubs into the dirty skip bag, ShinAe turned back to her locker and looked at herself in the mirror. 

*Clubbing after a long shift. Good job ShinAe.* She sarcastically thought to herself. It has been awhile since she has went clubbing. Ever since she transferred to a different hospital, she has only focused on familiarising herself with the place and the various patients she encountered. It was god send that she had her best friend with her, but it was also torture. ShinAe was some what friendly and bubbly when she wanted to be. She's closed off and reserved to people she's not familiar with. Her bestfriend, Eunhee was the opposite with new people, with 100 times the intensity and energy. ShinAe was bleak and dull, if she was compared to Eunhee. Eunhee was the one who made spontaneous and outrageous suggestions, while ShinAe was the one who 'tried' to talk Eunhee out of it.  Just like how Eunhee talked her into going clubbing after work. 

"We're going to have some drinks. We're going to dance. We're probably going to vomit and fall from drinking too much. We're probably going to get a hangover. It sounds so fun already." Eunhee listed the various reason why ShinAe should join Eunhee and her friends at the club. 

"Vomit and fall. The last thing I want is us getting admitted to the hospital. We deal with enough hospital already, I don't think we need to be admitted here as well." ShinAe took at a bite of her dinner while looking at Eunhee. 

"Oh c'mon, ShinAe. We haven't done this in so long. Go clubbing together." Eunhee whined. "This was supposed to be a surprised but I wanted to introduce you and the girls to my boyfriend, Taeyong. Please~" Eunhee looked at ShinAe in anticipation. 

ShinAe slowly looked up at Eunhee. She saw the latter with her hands clasped together and was batting her eyelashes. 

"Fine." The girl sighed in defeat. ShinAe pointed her finger at Eunhee , "I'm only doing this, because I want to see what type of man he is."

Eunhee curled a loose strand of hair behind the back of her right ear and said, " Don't worry. I have taste."  She then pointed to the takeaway food ShinAe was eating, "Here's an example. I was able to pick a good meal for you". ShinAe chuckled and shook her head.

 

ShinAe finished applying her makeup. She looked at her outfit - a black cropped peasant top with high waisted black skinny jeans. * I hope this is enough.* ShinAe tilted her head at her reflection. She then took off her bun and her hair cascaded down into loose curls. She pulled out her phone and looked at the message from Eunhee.

 

Remember, Octagon in Gangnam. Message me when you're here. I'll come to you.  - Eunhee 

 

 

-    -    -    -

 

 

They were all chatting away and sipping on the nth cup of alcohol for the night. It was nearing 12:00am and the club was starting to get more full.

"SHE'S HERE! MY WOMAN IS HERE!" Taeyong suddenly stood up and yelled. The other seven almost dropped the drink from the shock. 

"Tae, please. Don't just yell out of no where. "Johnny had one hand on his chest and was trying to calm his pounding heart down. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just excited. To be honest, I've told her about you guys... she has nicknames for a few of you..." Taeyong grinned nervously, earning him glares from his friends. 

"What did you tell her? What does she call us?"Mark glowered.

Taeyong rubbed the back of his neck and nervously laughed, "So quick run-down, you're known to her as the Mr no-filter-and-laughs- at-everything. You're known as the player, flirt and Mr can't-keep-it-in-his-pants. And you're known as Mr flirts-at-anything-moving." He pointed to Mark, then to Jaehyun and finally to Johnny. 

Taeyong turned to the other four, "You guys are safe from the nicknames at the moment. She said you're more..normal." 

"Can't she just remember our names." Mark argued, clearly not happy about the nickname he was given. 

"Mark, my dear child. I tried. She said it's easier f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter